• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Sirius-ly Jealous {Sirius x Remus - Marauders Era}

Arabella Cauwell

Harry Potter and Asian Drama Ambassador
Title: Sirius-ly Jealous
Fandom: Harry Potter - Marauders Era
Pairing: Sirius Black x Remus Lupin
Place: Hogwarts
Summary: Sirius Black gets jealous after seeing Remus talk one to many times to a Ravenclaw boy. Chaos ensues.

~

Hogwarts was a place for learning...or so Remus and Ravenclaws often said. That was not what it was for Sirius Black though. For Sirius it was a sanctuary. A place away from the cold hard realities of his family life and the kind, but sometimes suffocating pity of the Potters, whom he felt deeply indebted to for allowing him a place to stay when his family had kicked him out. Indeed, Hogwarts had the best of it all. Unlimited food, freedom, and friends.

Although Sirius had to say that lately he wasn't getting much of that last part. James, who had always been his partner in crime, had lately been spending most of his free moments on disgusting pastimes like...studying and chasing one particular red headed girl around the castle like a goat in heat. It was quite frankly appalling, and even worse it left Sirius to his own devices most of the time. Even worse was that James Potter wasn't the only one M.I.A lately, even Peter Pettigrew seemed to have something to do lately. He would always scurry out secretly to do...who knows what, Sirius didn't really care since it did not involve pranking and clearly wasn't about him...unless the boy was planning a ridiculously early surprise party for Sirius Black.

But the worst of it had to be that one Remus Lupin was also not giving him the time of day. About the time that James had decided to attempt to give up pranking in order to pursue one Lily Evans, Remus had stepped in to fulfill his role, and they had gotten quite closer than they even had been before. Of course, little did Remus know that Sirius Black wanted to be even closer, but didn't dare risk the friendship. Plus it wasn't like they could go parading it around the halls if they did get together. Sirius had many enemies and Remus had many secrets. They didn't combine well.

Although the rest of the Marauders clearly had other things to do they should have all remembered one very important factor...a bored Sirius is a dangerous Sirius. They also had conveniently forgotten who was in current possession of the Marauders map.

Sirius stared down at the Map after solemnly swearing that he was up to no good. He watched the little feet of students going this way and that with a sigh, before his eyes zeroed in on one particular person...it seems that Remus was currently occupied with a very annoying Ravenclaw boy that lately Remus seemed to be seeing a lot of. Sirius only knew this because it not only was affecting his time with Remus, but because he'd also seen them 'hanging out' together. Whats-his-face even had the nerve to talk to Remus in front of Sirius, right in front of him!

Well Sirius felt he had been patient enough! Having other friends was one thing, but who knew of this fellows actual intentions? It was obvious to Sirius that the Ravenclaw was up to something devious, but poor, naive, beautiful Remus didn't see it. How could he have missed the signs? Bringing him to such a quiet, secluded place, was clearly intended for sinister purposes. If not to make a move on the poor, unsuspecting boy why else would he lure him to the library?!

Sirius didn't know what kind of fiend would do such a thing, but he was not putting up with it anymore. If not for this Ravenclaw he'd be getting to spend quality time with Remmy, and that was just what he intended to do.

Sirius studied the map for a few more minutes and decided that the two did not seem to be likely to go anywhere. So he muttered, "Mischief Managed," and tucked the map back under his mattress, before heading to...the library. Although the walk had been quick, it had taken Sirius a bit of time to cross the threshold into the room. He couldn't believe he was about to dirty his own air by entering such a horrifying place and without even the reason of a prank. But after a few deep breaths and steeling himself he suddenly charged his way into the room.

It was not hard to find Remus and his Ravenclaw friend. Sirius practically zeroed in on them and since he was so upset about the location he had even less patience and tolerance as usual, which is why he quickly walked up to the two, looked the Ravenclaw in the eyes and said,

"Who the hell are you anyway? Every time I turn my head around to find my dear friend Remus there you are! Surely you have friends elsewhere yes? No? Whichever way that's not my problem, so stop making it my problem."

Sirius looked down at the table curiously and pushed some books out of the way and towards the Ravenclaw in the same manner that some used when they tried to move something like used tissues. He then looked over at Remus with a warning on his face as he said,

"I demand attention. If you don't come with me right this minute I'm going to..." he paused for a minute as he thought of something that might freak Remus out, and then he got it and with a gleaming smirk, "climb this table and take my shirt off."

He sent a triumphant look at the Ravenclaw boy next to Remus,

"You'd better hope he comes with me What-ever-your-name-is, otherwise you are about to be body shamed."

Sirius looked back at Remus slowly releasing the top button of his shirt and then fiddling with next button threateningly. Sirius may have been acting a bit like a toddler at the moment, with his attention obsessed self, but his body was definitely that of a mans, and if he had to compete, he could at least say he had the right equipment. Lily Evans may have gotten her clutches on James Potter, but no one was taking Remus Lupin away from Sirius Black

tumblr_m340z9f6dT1qkslamo1_500.jpg

Being one of the smartest wizards of your year had it's ups and downs. One perk, especially for Remus, was that he was able to help others. And, not just anybody, but a Ravenclaw boy.

Terrance McCaw, otherwise known as Terry, was in the same year and Arithmancy class. He'd been struggling in said class, and with Remus being a prefect as well as one of the top students, had offered to tutor him. That had been not too long ago, and since then they've made progress, both in the subject ad their relationship with one another.

It was nothing more than an innocent friendship. Terrance was a kind boy, smart and very skilled with most of his subjects. He wasn't too cocky or arrogant, but much more confident than Remus. He was friendly and tried to accept everyone, and was curious to no end. He constantly bombards Remus with questions or inquiries, asking him about all subjects, and recently more about himself. Remus has never been very popular, his only friends have been Peter, James, and Sirius. Lily Evan had only just joined the fray a little, but besides that small handful Remus was a loner, shy and timid.

To have another friend made Remus smile.

Currently, they were in their tutoring session. They've made a schedule together, to study in the library on certain days if they both had the time. After spending ten minutes pulling out books and setting up a little table for themselves, they got to work.

Terry was so very engrossed in his studies, listening to Remus talk to him. Every so often the Ravenclaw would compliment the other males intelligence, which would bring a bit of red to his cheeks, a regular reaction to something so commonly spoken. Terrence often praised Remus, but he still couldn't get used to it, even after all this time.

The session was going splendedly, until a certain black haired male walked into the library, an unfamiliar place to see him at. Remus only saw Sirius there when he walked over and began talking. Both boys looked to the male with surprise, especially Remus. He felt his eyes widen at the words. "Sirius!" He gasped at his friends actions.

Terrence, on the other hand, could only stare at the male as he continued to embarrass the two, causing many eyes to look their way. His threats of stripping off his shirt brought heat to Remus's cheeks, and he could see the confusion and shock on Terrance's face. Finally, Remus had enough.

"Sirius, that is enough!" With a cherry red face, the young boy stood and grabbed a hold of Sirius's wrist, looking back at Terrence for a moment to say, "I'm so sorry. I'll be right back. If you'll excuse us." And with that, he pulled his friend out of the library, realizing his mistake of leaving the childish male alone with the map.

It took a few minutes to find a secluded area, where no student would wander into, so that they could speak alone. Once there, Remus turned to his friend and pouted angrily. "What was that? What were you thinking, you embarrassed me in front of Terrance! What on earth made you think that your behavior was appropriate?" Remus asked, but he doubted that his friend really cared.

Sirius felt rather smug the minute that Remus called Sirius by name. See? Sirius Black was so much better than some Ravenclaw boy who just went on and on about whatever it was that bookworms talked about. Was homework more exciting then a dare? Were books more important than freedom? Sirius thought not. He eyed the Ravenclaw smugly to see what he thought of Remus immediately giving Sirius Black exactly what he wanted, that being attention. He practically reveled in Terrence's shock, the hint of his breeding showing in the smirk he gave the other boy.

When Remus held his wrist he was practically giddy. He turned his attention to Remus making a humming noise of contentment as he watched the more innocent boy's face redden. Sirius was proud to say he had done that. Despite being admonished Sirius did not look even one tiny bit embarrassed or contrite, if anything he was nearly beaming, after all he had gotten his way, although there was something wrong with the words Remus had said....something about returning spoken at the Ravenclaw boy rather than Sirius, but clearly he'd heard that wrong.

What he hadn't heard wrong was the words, 'excuse us.' Us as in Sirius and Remus. Childishly Sirius repeated the words back at the Ravenclaw,

"Yes, do excuse us."

He'd never ask permission for such a thing, viewing the Marauders as his anyway, but it felt nice to point out that us did not include Ravenclaws.

Sirius happily allowed himself to be lead to a secluded area, even going so far as to tease,

"Ah so taking off my shirt is still on the table, but you wanted a private show, by all means." Sirius joked, as he knew that was not the likely reason of Remus' chosen location.

Remus was probably just mortified by what had happened. After all Moony actually liked the book closet...er library, and Sirius had made something of a mockery of it...or so bookworms probably thought. Yes, because if it wasn't about the books there was no possible way that Remus would be mad at him...right?

Sirius watched as his friend turned to him and pouted. The giddy part of him wanted to bop him on the nose with his finger and call him cute, but considering he was already somewhat in trouble-ish, it was probably not the best time to try it...maybe in a bit. But soon Sirius' happiness turned to anger when Remus had admonished him, not for harming books, or causing a scene in general, but for embarrassing him in front of TERRENCE.

Sirius paused for a minute to analyze the situation and found that he really didn't like what was going on here. Who the hell was this Terrence anyway to come between himself and Remus? And now Remus was mad at Sirius? Was Sirius the one that abandoned his true friends for some Ravenclaw Tart? No, not today anyway. Was Sirius the one going around to libraries and fraternizing with other houses over homework? He thinks not! Indeed those were all what Remus had done, so how was Sirius in trouble?

Narrowing his eyes, despite Remus' cuteness, Sirius growled out,

"Oh embarrassed you in front of Terrence did I? Well we wouldn't want that now would we? After all Terrence is such a great guy and so funny right?! I'm sure you had loads to talk about with him like dust drying and how many quills you go through per homework assignment?"

Sirius was very frustrated. He honestly didn't see what he'd done wrong. His goal of getting Remus was accomplished, but Remus was annoyed at him and some Terry guy was to blame,

"You know what I was thinking? I was thinking that you've been spending way too much time with that guy and no one in the group is spending time with me. James is somewhere stalking Evans, you're with this Terry guy, and even Peter currently has more of a life than me. I want to do something and Terry should find his own friends, preferably from his own house! And my behavior was entirely appropriate...for me anyway. What's more appropriate then half nudity in the library?" Sirius rambled picking up speed, the more he talked the less he was alone and the more Terry was.

Sirius paused for a second before he had a light bulb moment,

"Wait a second...are you sure you're mad about this Terry thing, or are you secretly just upset that I promised to be shirtless and never did it? Because you know I can get shirtless now if it will help." Sirius said somewhat seriously, emotions swinging back to hopeful.

He felt a bit like a basket case, but honestly such mood swings were typical of Sirius Black, especially when he wasn't getting his way.

Remus stared at the male standing in front of him, not surprised by the sarcasm or rudeness he's shown his new friend, but by the fact that he grew angry as well. Remus had a right to get angry, didn't he? What was going on inside that big head of his that made Sirius think that Remus was in the wrong?

"What has gotten into you, Sirius?" The male asked, crossing his arms over his chest, staring incredulously at his friend. "Is it a crime that I've made a new friend? That I help him with his studies? He's been failing a class, I stepped up to help him, is that so wrong?" Remus frowned and watched Sirius go on a little rant, then went back to his inappropriate humor.

The young student sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I can't believe you right now. It isn't like I haven't talked to you every single day. We see each other all the time, us and everyone else! You are being such a child." Remus ran a hand through his hair, and looked at his friend with suspicious eyes.

Sirius was like a dog. In many ways, actually. He was loyal, yes, big and packs a bark. But he's also like a lost puppy, attaching himself to anyone he can tolerate, following them around and demanding attention.

"Are you...jealous?" Remus asked, unfolding his arms to place his hands on his hips. It wasn't that hard to guess, Sirius getting upset with Remus when he was hanging out with another person. The only thing that Remus didn't understand was, why? Why would Sirius be so jealous. They were just friends, and so was Remus and Terrance. Was it a platonic, 'give me my friends attention' jealousy? That's what Remus would go on.

And with that, Remus began to laugh. The anger was still there, yes, and he wasn't finished being upset that Sirius barged in and rudely interrupted their study session, but the thought of Sirius jealous was a bit funny.

"Oh Merlin, Padfoot-" Remus placed a hand over his mouth. "You're funny. I'm sorry for my behavior, it's just- it's funny to imagine you jealous of me having another friend." He began to compose himself, rubbing his eyes. It's always been him jealous of Sirius, or James, or even Peter, because others actually talk to them normally, whereas Remus feels like a monster, and he thinks so lowly of himself, that he's never really thought anyone would like him period. He's never told this to Sirius or the others, of course. "But, I assure you, you and Peter and James are still my closest friends. I'm sorry if we've made you feel left out."

Remus licked his lips and held his arms together. He really should be getting back, he didn't want to keep Terrance waiting. They didn't have much time to study, anyways. "Once he manages a passing grade, I won't spend so much time with him, since I won't have to tutor him anymore. I'm not forgiving you yet for rudely interrupting us and acting that way in front of Terrance, however." The boy took in a deep breath.

Sirius listened to Remus ask if having other friends was a crime and his rebellious traitorous tongue really wanted to say yes. Despite Sirius’ huge popularity and obsession with attention, he had never tried to make any friends other than the marauders. Not even once. Sure he could talk to others, particularly girls when he wanted to do something physical to block out emotions, but he really didn’t want to give people other than the Marauders the time of day. Hell half the time he didn’t even talk to Peter, because he just found Remus and James to be more interesting.

In all honesty, because of his upbringing it was hard for Sirius to trust people and he was a bit of a house elitist. He definitely didn’t trust 99.9% of Slytherins. His mother, or should he say ex-mother had clout and money enough to offer some kind of reward for messing with Sirius. There were spies everywhere in that house and the only one he’d even a little trust was his little brother Regulus. Then Ravenclaws all seemed like boring bookworms and loony bins. Not that Sirius could claim sanity himself, but you don’t add fire to fire or so it were. Hufflepuffs were an alright sort, but a bit of a joke around Hogwarts for whatever reason, and Gryffindors were good, but not as good as his own.

Perhaps the elusiveness of Sirius Black was part of his allure to others. Despite seeming so fun and open with his three friends, he was pretty cold to others. He didn’t want anyone else in that bubble with them, especially not a Ravenclaw who was failing a class, thusly not even good at being a Ravenclaw. Hell, Sirius put almost no effort into his classes and he was still passing, because he wasn’t the type that needed to study. Come to think of it though a failing Ravenclaw seemed a bit suspicious didn’t it?

“How do you know he’s really failing?” Sirius said folding his arms in front of him, “what if that’s just what he wants you to think? Ravenclaws are supposed to be smart and spend the majority of their days studying or making works of art right? So where’s the proof Remus?”

It was true that Remus did talk to him every day. It would be weird not to when you’re best friends and you share a dorm room. Remus was even in the bed directly across from him, which Sirius knew because sometimes he would look at him a while when he was sleeping. Then he’d realize that it was a bit creepy and stop. As far as Sirius being a child he didn’t care. He really was a bit of a puppy, so he let the comment go, there was nothing wrong with childishness, children had all the fun.

At the words, "Are you...jealous?" Sirius bawked. Soon Remus was laughing and saying that Sirius’ jealousy was funny. Sirius’ face began to turn red. He wasn’t sure if the redness was due to embarrassment or anger as he was feeling both at the moment.

“Jealous? Jealous of a flunking Ravenclaw named Terence?! Why should I, Sirius Black, be jealous?!” Sirius hissed at him, very close to stomping his feet, “you’re my friend, not Terry’s. If he needs a tutor so badly I’ll get him one, but not you. You have better things to do with your time.”

‘Like giving me attention.” Sirius thought traitorously.

Sirius felt a little better when Remus made a point of saying that he was still his closest friend, along with Peter and James. The Marauders were still top priority to Remus then, which was more than Sirius could say about James at the moment. Still Sirius was very much feeling that he loved the Marauders most at the moment, since he didn’t care about others around the castle all that much.

But Sirius didn’t like that Remus was still insisting on tutoring this Terrence fellow and what was that about not forgiving him for interrupting him and acting up? That was literally his personality and…what the hell did Remus mean by interrupting? Was he being admonished for stopping study time or was Terrence trying to get more accomplished than a casual study?

Sirius narrowed his eyes,

“This is always how I act to outsiders and what do you mean by interrupting? What exactly do you do during study sessions with Terrence?” he questioned suspiciously, then like the dog he was inside Sirius walked closer to Remus and began sniffing him, seeing just how much of Terry’s smell may be on him, “Also what exactly is Terrence doing for you in return?”

Sirius certainly knew what he would likely be doing in exchange if he needed a tutor or if someone wanted him to tutor them in something, although the latter was unlikely despite his genius since he wouldn’t give them that much of his time and life. He was pretty sure that Remus was inexperienced when it came to physical things though, so Terry better not be trying anything funny. No way was Sirius going to allow that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back