• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Sinister Gods Main thread

The beginning

Blood Haven these days is a vile city. It was hit hard during the market crash in 2008 and never really recovered. Once it had been a thriving place, with its own fishing and canning industry, growing financial district and streets filled with small mom and pop businesses. Then it all went to shit. Unemployment rose to all-time highs, crime skyrocketed, shops closed, hundreds of people lost their jobs and homes, and things were only getting worse. The collective misery of so many people woke the Keeper, holder of keys and opener of doors.

In its dark hole, beneath the sewers of the city, the Keeper grinned, rows of sharp needle like teeth. “It is time.” The creature said, its voice hoarse from disuse. Slowly it walked towards a large door with a thousand keyholes. The Keeper reached into its robes and retrieved a keychain with a thousand keys.

“I stand at the door! Knock ye who would enter!” The Keeper shouted and the keys rattled in his fist. For a second it was silent, then hundreds of knocks all sounded at once. The Keeper just stood and listened, his fingers moving rapidly across different keys. Suddenly, a single knock drowned out all the others.

The Keeper sighed and flipped through the key until he had found the biggest key. It fit the big lock perfectly. The Keeper turned the key and opened the door.

Through it came the gods of a different dimension.

The Keeper saw them coming and watched them go. He closed the door and flipped through the keys. Whistling, the creature started opening doors, releasing myths back into the world.

Now
You wake up and go to your regular morning routine. As you make your coffee, eat your bagel, you realize that today is different. What exactly is different you can't tell, but something is off. Perhaps it is the red sky outside, or the fact that the sun has been rising an hour later than it should. Or perhaps you ate something bad yesterday. After all, it hardly matters. It is another day and you have things to do. So, you leave your home and head out, unaware that your life is going to be changed forever.

From the ceaseless void slithered the great beast of rock and ice, it's frosty tendrils grasping at the slit of light that had once barred him entry into this dimension, as the immense sphere pushed it's way through into the endless space of the known universe. Whipping away, the demonic divinity was akin to a hardened ball of sediment, writhing with worms or the rocky hollow that sheltered a thousand serpents hence it's name. Wormwood.

With a wave of it's tail, the god wrought himself free in an explosion of green light, powerful enough to rival any star as he trailed away into this virgin territory...

Within the halls of Haven University, the sun had just begun to rise, bathing the Campus in it's glow and illuminating one of the University's many educators, the bleach blonde hair of Dr Royce Aster turning almost white in it's light, as he slept by the window of his office.

The room was exquisitely simple, it's range of oak furnishings from bookshelves to desks giving the small quarters a sense of understated class, it's red woven rug, practically an antique in itself as well as the darker crimson blackout curtains that lined the massive window of the office gave the room a dash of colour while complementing the almost drab sand colour paint of the walls. Though the contents of the room meant little to the man who called this office home, the stately star gazer more content to peer through his telescope, which had pride of place near the grand glass windows.

Roy stirred from his sleep, the long night gazing into space proving too much for him but he knew he was on to something. Leaning back in his red rotary chair, the young professor stretched his tired limbs, the soft leather of his chair proving comfortable for slumber though it's cramped quarters demonstrated less so for his body, his white shirt and tan trousers bundled up and creased. Reaching to the small side table by his window, the ardent astrologist pawed around for the last few powdery doughnuts that was his late supper the night before, the last gnawing vestiges of hunger proving an afterthought as he once more worked his telescope and his mind turned back to events of last night.

He had seen something strange in the night sky, far away in the deepest reaches of space, almost like an explosion. His memory was foggy, the late hours he spent star gazing making him fall asleep just as this strange sight had unfolded, but he was sure it hadn't been a dream. Adamant in his belief, Professor Aster was eager to continue his pursuit of the celestial sighting before the rays of the sun completely engulfed the last vestiges of the clear night sky.....

Reaching his mind out through the vast cosmos, Wormwood searched for a vessel to enact his grand plan. Feeling the minuscule eyes of man groping about in the darkness around him, the antagonistic asteroid coaxed this lesser being closer to his grand visage like a marionette on a string, his silent whispers pulling the mortal ever nearer....

Royce could feel something calling to him within the depths of mind, as he looked through his telescope, guiding his search of the stars. Almost subconsciously, the young Doctor adjusted his astronomical apparatus at the beck of this phantom presence, carefully swivelling his lens through the sky. Once or twice, Aster could sense he was going off course only for a soft voice to guide him back on the right path and soon he was reunited with his captivating quarry from the night before. With the speed and delicateness gained from years of professional practice, Royce calibrated his finderscope, magnifying and focusing the optical device to get a clearer image of the unidentified object....

In the darkness of the void, what was mere minutes for man stretched out to an eternity for the stony sphere, though time had no meaning for a being such as him and so, when he could feel the incomprehensible gaze of his chosen upon him, the callous comet stared back with his own invisible eyes, worming his way in to the mortals very soul.

It had begun.....

Verus Verus

Last edited:
Infinite Information permeates this infinite dimension. How the information is presented depends on one's own perception. One might see the dimension as full of immeasurable streams of raw data from a computer while another would see it as a never-ending library. Although the idea of someone perceiving this dimension other than the Hidden Sage is impossible. Any attempts to do so would cause them to either go insane or simply implode. They are after all trying to peek at the secrets of the universe. Even the Hidden Sage could only act as the seasoned librarian and not an omniscient presence here.

At the middle of this dimension floats an eyeball looking at a thin book titled "Terra". Nothing happened for what is presumed to be a couple of minutes until a click was heard. As if a lock was unlocked the book burst open and flipped through an unfathomable amount of pages, showing the life-like projection of scenes. From the birth of the world to the extinction of dinosaurs, the ice age to the rise of humanity. The scenes trickled to a slow until it stopped at a scene of a The Keeper opening the large door, consequently unleashing the Gods into Terra. The Hidden Sage contemplated for a moment before the page flipped one last time and showed the scene of Head Librarian Herabergen a.k.a Herbert flipping through books and rearranging them in the Haven University Library. The eyeball stared at the librarian as if saying "I choose you!", a reference he learned from a popular cartoon in terra.

The middle-aged Head Librarian assigned himself to document and rearrange the books in the Mythology section. He always had a fascination for mythology. The gods, the creatures and people of fantasy, and the wide knowledge the mythological world possesses. So he read the books while still doing his job, something of a skill he earned through the decades in this library. As he put down the book he had just recently finished, he noticed one particular book a couple of meters away seemingly glowing. As if begging for him to open and read it. And so, that's exactly what he tried to do. He picked up the book and read the title. [The Hidden Sage and His Chosen]

"Huh, I don't remember this book ever being in this section. Must be new and one of the assistant librarians inserted it WITHOUT documenting it." He said confused. The title intrigued him very much though so he quickly flipped it open. It's as if a bomb exploded in front of him when he opened the book. He was suddenly in a void and witnessing everything the Hidden Sage witnessed when He opened the book of Terra.

"What...is...this...." Herabergen said with a struggle as he fell sprawling to whatever ground is in this void. He was consuming knowledge far beyond what he could handle and he was on the brink of insanity when suddenly everything stopped. The scenes and the knowledge that came from it disappeared. He couldn't recall anything he witnessed but he knows he witnessed some significant secrets.

"What was that?" He said as he tried to sit and wipe the large beads of sweat on his head.

"That, my little scholar, is the history of Terra or Planet 1,345,853,346,863,039 or simply 'Earth' to you humans."

"What? Who are you? What are you? What did you do to me? The entire history of earth?" Herabergen was confused. He was initially scared, then nervous, then the excitement started to trickle into him as he began to realize what he just witnessed.

"Already asking questions and even eager to learn more! I have not mistaken in choosing you."

Herabergen tried to speak but he realized he couldn't open his mouth.

"Let me continue, my little scholar. Ease your excitement but let me first allow you to witness my presence."

Light gathered in front of Herabergen and coalesced into a human figure. A pale boy with white hair and eyes that looked like they housed the galaxy.

"Is this physical manifestation much to your liking?" The Hidden Sage now turned boy said as Herabergen nodded. The Hidden Sage smiled mischievously. "Or would you like to prefer other forms?"

The boy suddenly turned into a mass of flesh with a large eyeball at the middle staring into the soul of the poor now shriveling librarian before turning into a book of eyes then into a massive floating brain before finally returning to the figure of the previous boy.

"P-p-please." Herabergen begged.

"I jest. An ice-breaker as you humans would call it." The boy looked at Herabergen and smiled. The poor librarian cowered at the scrutiny of the Hidden Sage. It is firmly embedded into his mind that this being is not just a boy. He realized it must have been a warning of some sort.

"It is wise of you to realize that but I digress. I am the Hidden Sage or Sophos if I would follow the traditions of human naming. The God of Knowledge. Gods, yes. Deities, almighty, powerful, the kind that could end your world and make a random beggar on the street ascend past his mortal limitations. That kind of being." Sophos flicked his fingers and the void they were in changed to the familiar setting of Herabergen's office in the Library. Sophos was seated in his seat but he absolutely has no complaints about that.

"And now I've chosen you. Yes, if you made the connection you are that random beggar that I just mentioned who would obviously ascend past his mortal limitation with my help. As for why I have chosen you specifically it is because of this and this." Sophos pointed at his heart and brain.

"You have the heart to learn more, that greed of knowledge that I so enjoy. And of course, you have the brains, no doubt about that." The God of Knowledge leaned into the table and opened one of the drawers. He took out a lollipop, unwrapped it, and shoved it in his mouth.

"As for the actual why, you need to be my herald, pope, messiah, messenger, cult leader. You need to get me what I want here on Terra and act on my behalf. You will be graciously rewarded, of course, the beggar who would transcend his mortal limitations. You could get the powers and knowledge no other mortal possess. The alternative is I'll let you relearn the history of Terra and watch fireworks of flesh and brain matter. You may speak now"

"Thank you, Almighty O-"

"Sophos."

"Thank you for being benevolent, Sophos. I graciously accept your offer and would do everything you wish. You are right that I have a greed for knowledge. I want to know more!" Herabergen spoke as his greed for knowledge pushed away his fear.

"I like that. Read this book, you need a bible or guide of some kind." Sophos said as a book appeared and dropped into Herabergen's hands. "Let me also tell you we are not alone. Other deities have descended along with me and they could be allies or enemies depending on the situation. There are also other organizations of interest that could be on either side. Let's not forget the supernatural creatures, although not Gods, it could steal kill you with a gaze as you are right now."

"You know, this personality and form are interesting and I like it. I took it from your mind, something that would make you comfortable or.... are you a pedophile?" Herabergen looked at Sophos in fear and was gonna deny it before Sophos burst out laughing. "It's a joke and I would know if you are. But I like this." He popped out the lollipop out from his mouth.

"I decree that every time you meet me you will bring me a new dessert to taste. I Gotta go, you need to get your stuff together and start making moves. I'll be around but let me remind you that Children have a volatile personality so don't disturb me for no reason." The boy form exploded in a firework of light that formed "Good Luck!" before fading away.

"H-h-holy fucking mother of God." Herabergen said as he collapsed on his knees. He frantically looked around him and quickly added, "I didn't mean you. Just a form of expression! I'm sorry, don't kill me."

Realizing there were no replies or anything that would smite him, he sighed in relief. He got up and took the book titled "Tome of Knowledge" and began hugging it. Still trying to comprehend what the fuck just happened. He would take 30 minutes organizing everything that just happened in his mind before reading the book.

It was crazy! I would never forget that day for the rest of my life even if my memory is wiped out. He appeared to me like God! Which he is but still, God didn't just appear to you back then. I thought they were just Myths and Fantasy but now they're real. He told me he had chosen me, that I had the heart and brains, qualities he liked and I felt very honored. To be complemented by a God is just.... divine! Then he went on, gave me more information, and the Tome which is basically the bible for this religion? cult? organization? I will have to think of a proper term for our group. I already have a few ideas.

As for the details of Him... He appeared to me as a pale boy with white hair and eyes that looked like they housed a galaxy. I loved the form because I like children. (I'M NOT A PEDOPHILE) but his form appeals to me as he said but it would be sacrilege for me to call The Hidden Sage cute. He did show me other forms as a joke which scared the shit out of me. A massive blob of flesh with a giant eye that looked like it's staring right into my soul? A floating brain with tentacles? HELL NO. Although I don't mean to offend the Hidden Sage but I would probably have a heart attack in his presence. He did acknowledge my thoughts though. Wait... How... He must have read my mind. He is the God of Knowledge...which means he also knows about this diary! But... it should be fine... He even encouraged writing stuff like this. But yes, he probably did that to warn me that he is not just a boy. That day was just.... unfathomable. This should be it for the night, I need to find out more about those damned Red Templars. They sound dangerous and have a funny name. I bet I could think of a better name for our group. Red Templars is just soooo generic. But I'm busy! I'm ending now."

Excerpt from Chapter Four of Herabergen's Journal kept in the Vault of Secrets

Cult of Avi’tra, Antonio (Leader) – Financial District

Thin fingers caressed a scarlet thread, stilling it as it began to tremble. But despite her actions, the length of string continued to vibrate, the shaking intensifying as the seconds passed. As the wizened woman clutching the thread gave a heavy frown, the thread began to thrum with a fierce magical energy as it began to glow a deep crimson.

. . .​

Sharp eyes blinked open as the God emerged into the cold, unfamiliar night of Blood Haven, the air reeking of fish. Righting herself, Avi’tra found herself examining a heavily scarred man, a rising figure in the city’s underground. Working with criminals was always a risk, but it opened up several important avenues that were otherwise closed—and the God preferred to keep her options open. As the God twisted the space around her, planning on making a dramatic appearance in the office the man was working in, she collided with a barrier, causing her to fly backwards as a flurry of sparks fell from the shield.

“Begone. His fate is not to be meddled with.”

Even as she looked at the crimson cube enclosing the office balefully, the God of Passion picked herself up before departing in a flash of light. It would do her no good to anger the Fates when she had yet to establish a foothold.

. . .​

Flickers of fire ran across the wooden floor as Avi’tra appeared inside of small apartment. Seeing the slumped figure seated at the table, the God gave a loud scoff. With a wave of her hand, the man was enveloped by a wave of flames, leaving her to lounge in a nearby chair. Another portion of her magic enveloped the flat, temporarily severing its connection to the rest of the world and trapping all sounds inside.

As the flames finally died down, she spoke. “Get up.” As confused but clear eyes turned to face her, the God gave a satisfied smirk. The man in front of her straightened before scrambling to his feet.

“I am Avi’tra, the God of Passion. I find myself in need of someone who can represent me and manage my assets to help me accomplish my goals here on Earth.” As Antonio began to speak, she cut him off with a shushing motion. “As for how I will compensate you... I believe that I have already shown you a fraction of my power. I do not mind letting you harness it. You can live in luxury with whatever your heart desires.” With the remainder of her magic, the God let images of his desires dance across her palm. Blowing at her hand, wealth, in the form of gold, jewels, as well as cash, materialized and Avi’tra leaned back with a smile.

“What do you say?”

Antonio stared at her before hesitantly saying, “I… agree,” flinching as he remembered the God’s fire.

“Very well. Then I will contact you at a later point with my instructions. By the way, after cleansing your impurities, I expect you to stay clean. Understand?” Avi’tra vanished without waiting for the man’s response, returning to her rest to regain her powers.

Currently, she was weak. But she would begin to recover her power, and when that happened, she would return to reinvigorate the inhabitants of this world using this mortal.

Last edited:
UMBRAL & Noctis

Beyond the door, in the dimension of dreams a swirling tempest of dark and light energy spectated a misshapen and illogical world. The howling winds created by the shapeless entity carved the land and transformed matter seemingly without any rhyme or reason. Rivers became a raging stamped of quadrupeds, mountains became moons, and fields of flowers transformed into flying keys. The world was ever changing and seemed to be imbalanced, but it was perfect in the eye of its sovereign deity. Said deity had however grown bored with this perfection and dreamed of a challenge, of a new world to transform.

It came from nowhere and yet everywhere, a knock on the weave of the dream dimension. Interested Umbral focused its attention on the intrusion only to see a passageway open and invite them in. "Fresh...mat...erial." it spoke with a distorted voice that wavered between masculine and feminine. "We...will...set free."

Suddenly like a rocket, the storm changed shape and tore across the sky of the unsuspecting planet. In its departure the planet was torn asunder, its pieces being scattered across the cosmos. Umbral burst through the door like a star burning through the void, streams of black and white snaked their way through the city's underground tunnels. "Find...a...servant."

"Noctis! We're leaving!" The voice sounded shrill to the boy's ears and it forced him to huddle deeper into the darkness of his bedroom. Wrapped in a thick layer of blankets like a potato, the teen sat before a large television, eyes fixed upon the fantasy world that played out before him. He imagined himself among the characters, fighting sometimes heroically and sometimes not. He dreamt of a life different from the one he knew, a world not like the one he lived in. His mind filled with fantasies as he daydreamed of a different him.

"Dreamer~." The feminine voice said with an eager tone. Umbral surged through the sewers like a flood, drawn to the suburbs, to the dreamer, to Noctis. An open mind.

"If I were in that world." He peeled back the blankets, revealing the mess of black and blonde hair, the dry, dark skin, and the tattoos that paid tribute to his favorite dreams and worlds. He leapt from his bed, feet slamming to the floor just before he started to thrown a series of kicks and punches. "Goblins. Ninjas. Gods. I'd face them all." He stopped in front of the mirror, being forced back to reality by his meek appearance.

"Help...me and...you can." Chaotically the voice slid from raspy and masculine to dainty and feminine as Umbral's presence filled the home. Noctis was startled at first, throwing himself back and down to the floor. When he looked up he saw a reflection not his own i the mirror. instead an image of the person that he had always dreamt he'd be. "What the hell? What's going on?" Slowly he rose to his feet and as he glanced back and forth between the mirror and his true body, the voice spoke again in a feminine pitch. "The Dreamscape can brings dreams to reality. Anything you desire can be yours." Finally an eloquent sentence as the masculine voice ended the statement.

Then Umbral revealed itself, a swirling storm of energy around Noctis. As his room was torn apart images of the possible future flashed in the boy's mind, tempting him with grand promises of power and freedom. "Will you help us?" Umbral asked softly like a whisper in the storm. "Yes! Yes I'll do whatever it takes!" A deal had been struck.​

And so, new gods came to Earth and descended upon Blood Haven. They were not alone; the world was changing as threats old and new came out of the woodwork. Beneath the city’s sewers, in his room beyond time, the Keeper of keys grinned. He did not often leave his collection, but for situations such as this it was quite worth it.

He started humming a tune as he went through his chain with a thousand keys, which opened doors to worlds few could imagine. He flipped through the keys until he came upon the oldest and most rusty looking of the lot.

He stuck the key in a nearby lock and turned. On the other side awaited a castle, lightning kept striking it, but the smooth cut rock did not crumble. The Keeper breathed more easily now that he was near his collection again.

New-Haven-skyline.jpg
Turn 1: Year 2020, Summer

Summer once again. As the season spreads temperatures pick up and life within the city becomes more bearable. The city is feeling different this summer, there is an air of anticipation about that you don’t remember from previous years. Perhaps it is just you, or perhaps something else is afoot.

Some things might seem and feel different, but others have remained the same. Strange things are happening in Blood haven. Strange things that might to your advantage.

There are rumours of a beast stalking the suburbs. It is killing dogs and cats, no matter how big the former or cunning the latter. Concerns have been raised about a bobcat on the loose, but wildlife services have been unable to track the beast.

Whispers plague Oldtown (the small financial district) of a group of shady investors who are offering cash for rundown old buildings. These men, who go door to door in their pinstripe suits and bowler hats, are insistent, pay immediately and are very hard to remember.

At the university too, things seem to be turning weird. A corridor of the university building has overnight disappeared. The educational board suspect a prank, but how students pulled off deconstructing an entire corridor without anybody seeing or hearing them is a riddle not even the high minds of the board can solve.

Finally, in the financial district everybody seems obsessed with white towers. They are suddenly graffitied on nearly every wall.

It sure is shaping up to be an interesting summer.

Note: All players start with 10 W, 2 Ak, 2M
Note: separate your posts into two parts, the post part with fluff and the mechanical part where you outline your actions.
Note: Don’t forget to add an economy table (which can be found in the corebook) at the end of your next post, so that I know what is going on.

Haven University

Professor Aster had just left his annual meeting with the Heads of the University, his gait full of renewed vigour as he strode the halls. The departmental higher ups had been somewhat taken aback by his latest proposal, more used to the stripling scientist's laidback approach to such meetings, answering their questions with the usual casual assuredness of one content in his place within the university. But to propose a scholarship to Haven U, and a largely self funded one no less, had been highly unusual. However Roy had articulated his idea with such passion and resolve, arguing that Haven should be known for more than it's humanities, and what better thing than the sciences to bring them into a new age. The sciences of the stars.

Royce could feel some of the members captivation, his genuine love of the field shining through as he spoke, not to mention paying for such a thing mostly out of his own pocket undoubtedly would prove enticing. Though the former was much more than that to him now. It had become his obsession, after all it was his new God's dominion. And the wonderous Wormwood had great plans for this world. This recent development, however, was kept close to his chest.

Still this was only the beginning, and Roy knew he would need much more help for his plans to come to fruition in the future as he strolled through the corridors. And what better time than the present to increase his ranks thought the night loving neophyte, stopping just outside his classes door to lift the collar of his striped shirt and straighten his emerald green tie. Within this next room lay a number of young minds ready and eager for moulding, from the starry eyed sophomores who mooned after him to the insecure intellectuals eager to reach the heavens and become masters of their fields. Not to mention the lazy louts who took his class hoping for an easy grade, oh how simple it would be to fill that empty space between their ears connived the devilish Doctor.

Content with his appearance, Roy entered the classroom, the light of the day already growing dull, illuminating the room in an amber glow. Soon it would be the perfect time to convene with the Masteroid and inform him of his progress, as well as introduce him to his new charges.

Turn One

Paid Action(s):
1. Create Asset (Shooting Star Scholarship) for 2 Wealth. Asset produces to 2 Manpower every season.
2. Recruit Unit (1 Wealth, 1 Arcane Knowledge, 1 Manpower spent)
3. Recruit Unit (1 Wealth, 1 Arcane Knowledge, 1 Manpower spent)

Free Action(s):
1. Speak with my God

Currency Income Expenses Total (after expenses)
Wealth 046
Arcane Knowledge 020
Manpower 020

Last edited:
Suburbs

Life was different now, in very minor ways, but Noctis appreciated the small details regardless. Umbral had opened his mind to endless possibilities and all the things that could be if the two of them worked together to achieve their common goal. For now he had to do what he considered to be grunt work. While Umbral promised the moon and the stars, Noctis knew that no badass overlord started out as a badass overlord. None of the cool ones anyway. They had to lay the foundation for their future empire and then the real grunts, the minions could do the dirty work for them.

First thing first, securing their base and ensuring that they would not be interrupted by hostile forces, mundane or otherwise. To this end Noctis journeyed outside, leaving the confines of his home to skulk the streets of suburbia. "Umbral, grant me the strength to see this mission through." The teen prayed as he pulled his hood up over his head and hid a large knife in the pocket of his hoodie.

Paid Actions:

1. Create Asset: Dream Stone - Will Generate 1 AK per Season
2. Carryout Operation: Investigate Beast

Wealth 0 2 8
Arcane Knowledge 0 0 2
Manpower 0 0 2

Last edited:
Haven University
Herabargen, the Hidden Sage's chosen closed his notebook with a sigh. He was finally finished drafting up the initial plans. He outlined his goals and actions, everything he needed to know. He took out a lighter from his pockets and lit the notebook on fire before throwing it into the trashcan. It was all ash within a minute.

"So stressful....yet fun." He muttered under his breath smiling. It was now time to meet with his God again before proceeding with his plan. He picked up his mini ice cooler full of ice cream and started to head deeper into the Inner Sanctum.

His thoughts wandered as he walked. His interesting new life in this recently supernatural world. The promises of his Sinister God and the adventure that awaits him.

Paid Action:
1. Construct Asset: Arcane Library| Generates 2 Arcane Knowledge per Turn(Season)
2. Construct Asset: H Investment Initiative | Generates 2 Wealth per Turn(Season)
3. Recruit Unit: Novice

Free Action:
1. Speak With The Hidden Sage, Sophos
2. Start Investigation: Corridor Disappearance

CurrencyIncomeExpensesTotal (after expenses)
Wealth055
Arcane Knowledge011
Manpower011

Last edited:
rooms-vaticano-rome-1-1500x580.jpg
Turn 2: Year 2020, Fall

The times were changing. The beginnings of new faiths were spreading through Blood Haven and indeed the world. The old faiths however were not blind to the arrival of their successors, nor would they easily be persuaded to move.

In the Vatican, around noon, two men were considering the state of the world. One was Cardinal Lutelli, a deeply orthodox member of the College of Cardinals with ties to nearly every catholic institution in Rome. The other was a more obscure individual, the elusive Richelieu, Grandmaster of the Red Templar order. The only legitimate temple order, entirely paid for by the Vatican Bank, which officially did not exist. Both men were tradilitionists with a fondness for the dramatic, so for this particular meeting they had decided to wear their ceremonial garb.

“Cardinal Lutelli.” Richelieu began in his serious low voice. “Our faith is under siege. Around the world we have come across these vicious entities whom have escaped from hell. These father, are surely demons and we must purge them. My order has destroyed three of these demons so far in Europe alone! But they are spreading father, I can feel it.”

Richelieu threw a manilla envelop on the table. “This is a report from one of our brothers embedded in the church of a place called Blood Haven. The city is infested with these new demons as well as old monsters and protestants.”

Cardinal Lutelli’s lips rose in disgust. “Then why should we care what befalls the city? Let the protestants sort it out themselves, they did not want the holy protection of mother church, why should they now receive it.”

“Father, with all due respect, there are many sons and daughters of the church living in Blood Haven, not to mention that saving these souls might bring the city closer to God.” The Grandmaster inclined his head. “All we need is permission and a slight increase in budget and we will have that city cleaned up and on the path of god before next summer.”

Cardinal Lutelli thought for a long moment in the warm Italian sun.

“It is authorized.”

Richelieu smiled and stood up. With a flourish of his cape, clearly practiced until perfection, Richelieu bowed and kissed the cardinal’s ring.

“Then it shall be done, your Excellency.”

The next day fifty priests took a private plain directly to Blood Haven Airport.

Investigation targets:

A big construction project has been started in Oldtown the site has been cordoned off and it is hard to see what they are building. Men in pinstripe suits and bowler hats have been seen entering and leaving the site.

More white towers have appeared in the financial district. Crime has been going down and employment is going up.

A body, believed to be connected to several other bodies, has been found in the Harbour. Like the others it appears to have been drained of blood. The police are baffled since there appear to be no wounds on the body.

Edit (forgot to put it in): There will be an auction, 3 mystery items will be on sale, the auction house can be found in the Uptown residential area, also known as Empyrion Heights

Note: Your HQ produces: 2 wealth, 3 Arcane Knowledge and 1 manpower per turn, starting this turn.

Last edited:
Haven University
"Hmmmm.... Your premise is certainly interesting..."

The President of the University stroked his beard, deliberating Professor Aster's proposal. The ardent astronomer waited patiently, his steely gaze set on the paunchy prez. He had come seeking a research grant for a promising project of his, a study into tracking and analyzing ancient celestial objects, their winding paths and long journeys through the cosmos a helpful indicator into the creation of the galaxies and possible signs of life in the enormous ether.

Leaning forward in his chair and resting his elbows on his desk, the Haven University head finally spoke
"You'll have my answer by the end of the day Dr. Aster but I would like to make a few calls first."

"Certainly sir, I'll leave my notes here for reference." replied Roy, pushing the small stack of papers he brought across the desk and in easy reach of the raven haired recliner.

There was a nefarious glint in Royce's eye as he eyed the papers. After all, all these facts and theories were minor snippets from his great master, Wormwood, as he voyaged through space, glimpsing life gestating on other planets as well as the movement of satellites and moons that paled in comparison to his own bright being. And all the money from this prestigious grant would go straight to the Masteroid and fund their operations. As Roy turned to leave, he could hear the President already making the necessary calls. All he had to do now was wait. Luckily he already had things to occupy his time with.

From his followers he had heard of a building project going on within Oldtown, with the families of friends or fellow students coming into money recently. Some had been quickly flaunting it in the face of their peers with new clothes or phones while at the dormitories there had been recent disarray as people moved out, to stay with their families in new and better lodgings, or in, as they had sold their own places. It was the latter that interested Roy, as most had no good reason for wanting to sell, according to his devotees, with a common theme of vague identification if not complete forgetfulness as to who they bartered their homes too. A very interesting turn of events, and one he would like to look into for his own future plans.

Thinking of which, Roy would have to choose from his two new followers a second, one to issue orders on his behalf in the future or one who would follow his own without hesitation. However, they were still only youths but it was still better to prepared. Both for the future, the oldtown investigation and the upcoming auction...

Turn Two

Paid Action(s):
1. Create Asset (Research Grant) for 2 Arcane Knowledge. Asset produces 2 Wealth every season.
2. Start Operation/ Investigation (Oldtown construction/ The bowler hat building project)

Free Action(s):
1. Assign Retainer
2. Attend Auction

Wealth 208
Arcane Knowledge 321
Manpower 303

Haven University
"Indeed. We'll establish a branch office in Empyrion Hearts. While it is also a good idea to consolidate power over the campus and university, with how fast the situation is changing we must establish foundations in other districts. Not to mention that we will have a few operations in the area soon." Herabergen spoke while flipping through documents and regularly eyeing the city map on his table.

"I will go and make arrangements, Your Emi-" His new initiate got cut off before he could finish addressing Herabergen.

"Just Herabergen or Herbert is fine. You're my retainer so you will be coming with me to the museum and then the auction. "

"Our funds..." The initiate worriedly reminded Herabergen of their financial status for the next 3 months.

"Bah, who cares? Have you ever heard of window shopping? Plus real wealth is here." Herabergen tapped the side of his head. A couple seconds passed before he looked at his initiate and sighed. "Fine. Money is money but you know what I meant."

His initiate chuckled before going back to helping him review documents and making plans.

Paid Action:
1. Establish Branch Office: Empyrion Heights(Uptown)
2. Construct Asset: Library Internship Program | Generates 2 Manpower per Turn(Season)
3. Start Investigation: Museum

Free Action:
1. Assign Retainer
2. Create Spell: ꍏꌃꉓꀸꍟꎇꁅꃅꀤꀭꀘ
3. Attend Auction

CurrencyIncome(Total)ExpensesTotal (after expenses)
Wealth4(9)72
Arcane Knowledge5(6)60
Manpower1(2)20

Financial District

Elias was a dead man. Or, at least, not a living one. His days were spent glaring at numbers, his nights spent glaring at charts. This pattern was the exact same for months before, save for power shortages and grocery runs. There was always pounding in his skull, and his eyes hurt constantly. This night was like any other. Cheap plastic furniture was strewn about, the only light source coming from the computer. Numbers scrolled across the screen while charts fluctuated rapidly. Elias himself was ragged, deep, dark bags under his eyes, unkempt and oily hair, and clothing that stank.

Life had thrown a fraction of things to come and already was he worn down. Defeated. Drained. He saw nothing of worth in his future. He had given up. The way things were going, Elias would be doing the same exact thing decades into the future. These were the thoughts running through his mind on that fateful night. Elias turned around in his seat to go get some wat-

Gold. Bright, shiny, warm. Comforting. It towered above him in stacks, surrounded him on every side. Bars, coins, necklaces, rings... all were present. He fell to his knees and scooped up as much as he could in his bare hands before laying there, content. It was several moments before Elias asked himself the question: how?

He scrambled up to find a man of gold in front of him. Or at least, Elias thought it was a man. It wore a huge purple robe speckled with diamonds and lined with gold trim. Rings covered his fingers, bracelets and necklaces circled his arms, legs, and neck. On top of it all was a crowned helmet of gold and silver, beautifully crafted, with more gems than Elias could count. Behind the helmet's visor was darkness. But the shine of the rest of the outfit was all that Elias cared about.

"W-what are you?" Elias asked the golden man with wonder.

Something in it jingled, and he got the sense that a smile had crept across its face. "I am Manukim, god of greed and all that it entails. I have the power to expand your wealth beyond anything ever imagined. Lay prostrate before me and I will imbue that power within you, if you wish."

Elias kneeled and smiled with giddy happiness. This was surely a dream! Nothing could have ever prepared him for this.

"You have chosen well, but beware. There are others out there, fighting against us. To prevail you must be strong."

"Yes, yes, of course."

"You will rise above them all and dominate with a golden fist."

"I shall."

And so Elias Jacobson Torres became something...other.
PAID ACTIONS:
1. Create Asset: Stock Broker Siphoning | 2 Wealth per turn
2. Create Asset: Occult Consultants | 2 Arcane Knowledge per turn
FREE ACTIONS:
1. Commune with Manukim, One of Gold
Wealth 0 -4 6
Arcane Knowledge 0 0 2
Manpower 0 0 2

Last edited:
Paid Actions:
  1. Recruit Unit Novice
  2. Recruit Unit Novice

Free Actions:
  • Attend Auction

Wealth 2 2 8
Arcane Knowledge 4 2 4
Manpower 1 2 1

Meod had been waiting for this moment. The eons would had felt like an indeterminable amount of time, but for an immortal being such as himself, it was almost no time at all. The call from the Keeper had been intense and awoken something deep inside of him. His inner strength provoked a response from his outer strength. the Strength that was the very essence of his being. He knocked loudly on the door, waiting to be released, hopping through as soon as his call was answered.

Now free from what had been his eternal resting place that he had long ago been banished by the creatures of sloth, he knew what he needed to do. Regain his physical form in the realm of the humans so that he could better protect them from the horrors that lurked beyond the veil. He knew that he was not the only one released from their prison. That others would be building up their power base. And he would have to do the same. It was time to search for a champion of Strength, one that he could use to protect humanity from the evils that lurked out there. Whether they like it or not.

His spectral form searched for a while until he came to a place that reeked of strength, a gym. Moving inside, he could sense the figure that would be his champion. A man that was strong, but had merely forgotten that strength. Meod would return him to it and guide him as a god should. He would be the one that would protect the flock that was humanity.

--------------------------

Mikhail Federov was slumped down face first on his desk in his back office of the Gym. Overdue bills littered the table. A half empty bottle of voka. Many boxing trophies of varying sizes littered around the room. Federov had emigrated to the United States from Russia to make something of himself, and he did, at least for a while. The man had risen up from nothing to nightmare, defeating opponent after opponent in boxing matches. He was practically an unstoppable man in the boxing ring.

And that's when it happened. The mob offered him loads and loads of cash to throw the major championship match. It seemed like a great deal. And in his mind, he didn't have much of a choice, but Federov was blinded by the cash at hand, to even think of any greater ramifications. He threw the match in the third round, making history, for him.

Money had been his friend, but it wasn't long before the scandal reared its ugly head, catching Mikhail in its snare. His reputation was ruined after that. No one would allow him to compete in any boxing matches. He felt his dreams slipping away. Soon enough, he had nothing but his gym. And if he kept up at the rate he was going, he wouldn't have that either. Membership was down and he hadn't dome much to bring it back up, having been lost in a dangerous spiral of depression.

"Federov" An almost deep, but echoey voice called out to him. He perked his head up, but it must have been his imagination or the lingering effects of his nasty hangover.

"FEDEROV!" This time, the voice was louder and more insistent. In fact, he could almost make out the figure of a man in his office. IN fact, he could make out a man in his office. A heavily muscular man, that was bald with no hair at all on him. In fact, his muscles seemed to have muscles on them.

"What. Are you real, comrade?" Mikhail responded in a hungover glaze.

"Yes, Federov. I am real. And I've come to make you the Champion of the Human Race." The Muscled Man seemed gleeful. Now he knew that he had to have been dreaming. There was no way that this sort of thing happened in reality. Mikhail continued to stare at the man. "I wish to give you my Strength and Spread My Strength to Others."

"I see that you need proof that you are needed as Humanity's Champion!"
Conjuring with his hands, he caused to appear, a small moving image of rampaging hordes of monsters that were slaughtering people. "These are things that might come to pass if you refuse to be my Champion. There are Darker Gods out there, ones that wish harm to humans. I want to keep you all safe and strong."

Federov didn't know what to say, he only started to stutter and it took a bit before he could get out any words. It was difficult to comprehend monsters, let along that this Muscle Man before him must be some sort of god. "I will help you, My Lord."

"Meod. You may call me Meod."

"Right, yes, Meod."

"I must go now. But you will be my Champion and I will need you to raise an army to support our cause."

"Yes. It will be done, my Lord Meod." Federov gave a deep bow to the God before him as Meod faded into the aether. What has he gotten himself into. In fact, what is happening to the world. He had heard the rumors of strange things happening, but this was the first time that he had seen it. It was baffling, disorienting and frightening. At least this Lord Meod wanted to protect them all. That have him some comfort.

First, he down the rest of the bottle of Vodka on his desk and then he began on the great work.

Paid Actions:
1. Recruit Novice- -1 W, -1 M, -1 A
2. Create Asset: Discounted Training for Veterans- Asset Produces 2 Manpower every Season- -2 W
3. Create Asset: Renting Space out to After School Boxing Programs- Asset Produces 2 Wealth every Season- 2 W

Free Action:
Attend Auction

10 W, 2 Ak, 2M
Wealth455
Arcane Knowledge311
Manpower311

Last edited:
3F77BDE400000578-0-image-a-18_1492804310346.jpg
Turn 3 year 2020 winter

Snow covered Blood Haven. It had been a couple of months since the doors had been opened. Some beings however settled in quicker than others. The former man, now part man, part wolf, spit a clod of blood on the floor. "Fucking Kaya." He muttered as his pups came running towards him. "You need something Fenrir?" One of the pups asked. He was new, more scars than the others. Faint accent, Brazil? He sniffed. "I need a bunch of you, money in the truck, go buy weapons. Shotguns and pistols only."

These modern weapons, the man who called himself Fenrir despised them. Where were the days of yore? Would he never feel the warm blood of his enemy gushing over his paws again? Would he not recapture the red sight, the battle joy? This age was weak, filled with weak people and empty wars. He looked at the pups, more bruised and scarred now that they had joined him. They had too much energy, too little patience. He remembered that, they needed to blow of some steam.

"Come pups, come. Time to hunt as a pack." He said uncovering bloody teeth.

Investigation targets:

BHPD has officially announced that there is a serial killer on the loose. The serial killer has been named the Haven Leech since he has the tendency to drain his victims of their blood before tossing them in the harbour. When asked if there was a suspect or any leads the police refused to answer on account of the ongoing investigation. So far there have been no arrests.

Crime rate seems to have disappeared in the financial district. The homeless avoid the district entirely.

The suburbs have been hit by a wave of crime. In the past few weeks bands of armed youths have taken to the street committing vandalism and abuse. Several violent incidents have occurred, such as armed robberies, muggings and destruction of private property. The police suspects it to be drugrelated activity and is looking into the matter.

Mikhail Federov had done it. He had managed to acquire the Bell that could summon an otherworldly merchant and made a deal with a robed figure that will be accomplished once he is able to ring it for the first time. Of course, considering he doesn't know what types of resources the merchant might take as payment for his wares, along with his depleted funds from gaining the bell and the kindly warning from the robed figure about what can be lured to the location when the bell is rung, he would have to take some time to be ready to use it for the first time. So it would not be yet, not by a long shot. He would be ready when the time came. Until then, he would make himself and The Order of the Perfect Body ready.

On another note, he did make a possible ally at the Auction, a young boy called August. He would have to look into this boy more. If he also serves a higher being, it would be important to know if their goals align.

Mikhail did not like this news of a crime wave in the suburbs. The youth should not have to do such things. Especially when he is starting to build up after school programs. He would have to investigate these incidents. But at the same time, he should commune with his God, Meod in order to see if there was anything that he must be doing.

Paid Action: Investigate/Operation Suburbs Crime Spree
Commune with Meod

5 W, 1 Ak, 1M
Wealth454
Arcane Knowledge304
Manpower304

Haven University

"And your final question Miss Havishem.... What do you think of this tie?"

Roy smiled in a playful manner but his question was deathly serious and her answer might very well affect her chances of joining his research team.
Her trimmed eyebrows furrowed for a moment, perplexed before she responded with her own wide smile and her answer. "It's very nice"

Roy turned his head slightly and lent forward as if pressing for more detail. "The bright green really...pops... against the blue of your jacket."

Her now awkward smile receded as Aster pulled back into his chair. "Good. That's what I was hoping for"

Roy took a moment to admire his carefully planned outfit. He wanted everything to be perfect for his luncheon at the Empire. After all it seemed a fitting reward for the culmination of the first phase of his plan. If it went smoothly, that is, with the supposedly defeated doctor possibly needing to explain his actions at the auction to his host. "Well Miss Havishem, you seem more than qualified to join my research team and you answered my questions most splendidly so I have high hopes on seeing you again."

The bonny brunettes whole body seem to relax as she stood up with the end of her interview, smoothing the wrinkles of her white jacket/skirt combo before shaking Roy's outstretched hand. "Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you"

"And you Miss Havishem"

He let go of her caramel coloured hand and led her to the door, holding it open as she left. In one quick movement, Roy glanced over his shoulder and at the clock on the wall, noting the time. It was nearing midday and the anxious astronomer did not want to be late for his meeting.

Turn Two

Paid Action(s):
1. Create Asset (Research Team) for 2 Manpower. Asset produces 2 Arcane Knowledge every season.
2. Start Operation/ Investigation (Financial District crime drop/ Home Less Crime)

Free Action(s):
1. Lunch with Jim Baron

Wealth 4012
Arcane Knowledge 304
Manpower 324

Users who are viewing this thread

Back