• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Single plot #2 (M/F) (OCxOC)

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have a single plot in mind that I would like to do, and I hope to find the right partner for it in here.

I search for someone to create and play a preferably female character to take the role of "Persona B" for this setting.

What is this about?
Romance
Fluff
Slice-of-Life
Enemies to lovers

If I Had More Time, I Would Have Written a Shorter Letter (Short version):

A young rich girl humiliates a poor boy who had a crush on her, and traumatizes him. Years later, the same rich girl loses everything and becomes homeless. After being caught stealing, she is saved by the same person she humiliated many years ago. He does not have the same feelings for her anymore, although he wants to help her, but mostly just to make a point.

Longer, more detailed version:
It's a bit long, but it is a concept, so, just stay with me here.

When ("A") moved to this new city with his parents, he was just a child who didn't know what to expect. After his first day at school went better than he expected, ("A") was walking back home when he saw ("B"), and immediately developed a strong crush on the girl who he saw as an angel. He thought her beauty was out of this world. There were a few problems though. ("A") was attending another school, a very modest, public school, and pretty much the only one his parents could send him. ("B") however, was attending the much more prestigious Bettencourt Academy, a private school reserved only for the wealthiest people in town. Even though they lived in the same city, ("A") and ("B") were from two different worlds. The schools were a few blocks apart, but for obvious reasons the students of both places rarely had any interaction. Every time he went to school, and every time he left, ("A") passed in front of her school and took the opportunity to just look and admire the only person he ever felt attracted to up to that point.

That seemed like nothing more than a dream. When ("A") told his friends about the girl he had a crush on, they laughed and told him he would never have a chance, absolutely no way. They told him she was just way out of his league, and it would be better for him to just forget about it. But he never did.

After years of the same painful routine, ("A") was finally feeling ready to change that. It was just his first year of high school, but one day would change his life forever. He was determined to confess his feelings for this girl who he was secretly stalking for an unhealthy amount of time, and that day, he was feeling very confident about it. He told his friends, which tried to dissuade him from this idea, but it was useless. He was ready to go alone, but one friend volunteered to go with him. His friend was concerned that something could go wrong. And it did.

("A") waited for the best moment to approach her when she left school. He had it all prepared, he rehearsed every line, he planned every step. However, that didn't really work as he expected. When he ended, her friends started to laugh at him, and ("B") gave him a cold, uninterested response, intentionally crushing his heart so that he would never bother her again. It didn't end there though. ("A") was still shocked when some of the boys from her school interfered, trying to "rescue" her from a "punk" like him. He reacted, and a fight broke out. His friend jumped to help him, but they were overpowered not by the rich boys, but by their security. By the end, both of them suffered a ruthless beating, and were told they were lucky to not be thrown in jail for that.

Later, at the hospital, his loyal friend still helped him to create a lie, so they would not worry their parents. That was nice from him, but it also made ("A") feel even worse for making his friend suffer as a consequence of his actions.
After a brutal dose of reality, ("A") makes an oath to dedicate his life to only help the poor and the needed, but NEVER the rich and powerful. He knew he hated the rich, with all his heart.

("B") was the daughter of a rich businessman, with many investments offshore. She had everything given to her, living the most luxurious lifestyle that someone could have. But that was also about to change.

One day, when she was already at college, her father suddenly dies from a heart attack. That was shocking, and ("B") was deeply saddened by that loss, but she wasn't actually worried about what her life would be after that, as she was supposed to inherit all his wealth, and that was much more than what she needed for her entire life. Well, at least that is what was supposed to be. However, not that long after her father died, it was uncovered by an investigation of international scope that the companies of her father were profiting from what was pretty much slavery from workers of less privileged countries. Much of her family's wealth is seized, her family name is thrown in the mud, but she would still have a lot to inherit, so she still did not worry all that much about it.

Before she could take the money though, her mother simply... disappeared. Vanished completely, without leaving a trace. That was used by the higher-ups to block the transfer of her family's wealth and assets. EVEN WITH ALL OF THIS, she still had some money, but nothing close to enough to sustain the same lifestyle she used to have. ("B") simply did not have enough financial knowledge or maturity at that point in her life to know what to do with it. She slowly spent everything she had, until one day she didn't have anything else, and then she got evicted from her place and just thrown on the streets, with no one to help her.

After a brutal dose of reality (again, yeah), ("B")'s life changed completely, and it seemed like everything was lost, until one day she chose to take a walk at the mall, almost as a way to punish herself, and remember everything she couldn't have anymore. She eventually stops at a jewelry store, where she finds a bracelet that strongly resembles something that her mother used to have. Even if she resisted stealing more mundane stuff like food, that thing seemed closer and more familiar to her, something that could remind her of a time when she was happy, so ("B") tries to steal it, but gets caught while doing it.

This time though, her streak of bad luck was about to end, as someone showed up to rescue her from that situation. ("A") was just passing by, and it would be impossible for him to recognize her at first-glance by this point, but he simply could not let someone poor and in need go out like that, so he is able to perform what is close to a miracle and talk them out of pressing charges, by also making a significant sacrifice by buying said bracelet, and later he even offers to buy her a lunch as she seemed hungry. It is just after that, when they are having lunch together at the mall, that they recognize each other, which makes for a strange reunion. ("B") thinks this would change things, but is surprised when ("A") stills offers to help her get back on her feet.

This is not because ("A") feels the same kind of attraction towards ("B") now, but because he sees this as an opportunity to prove a point, to himself. He wants to prove that she doesn't need all that wealth, and that she can be just as happy living a normal life. But ("A") still holds prejudice and thinks that ("B") is still deep down a horrible person, even though he never got to really known her.

However, maybe she just didn't have the right environment to bring out the best of her... until now.

Setting/Scenario: Contemporary north-american regular fictional city, or any real big city of your preference.

F.A.Q.

How old are you? What is your gender? Where are you from?

I am 32 years old. Male. From Brazil.

Wait... This seems a little... y'know...
Focus is on the romance and the relationship between the characters, obviously.
Don't hunt me, CIA.
You will never take me alive!!!

I want to write a message but I have no idea what to write
Tell me a bit about yourself and what you like about the prompt. You can also tell me a bit about what you have in mind about your character.
If you want to cut to the chase, you can also give me a starter, as I plan to start at the scene in the jewelry store. This is completely optional though, as I like to brainstorm with my partner and be sure that we are on the same page in regards to progression.

Age of the characters?
Early or mid 20's

Ghost-friendly?
Yes.

Prefered platforms?

PM's here or discord.

Any other ideas?
I am also searching for a partner for this:

Please, do not post on this thread and contact me directly through a PM.

If you are interested in anything like what you saw in this prompt, please send me a PM! I am always searching for good originals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back