• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ✉ 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓵𝔂 ;; searching for partners for original plots

Paroe

🫧
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Dear Traveller

I hope your journey is going well thus far. Today, I saw the vastness of the open skies and I wondered where I would find myself next. Just like you, I'm searching for the place where my next adventure lies. It feels like just yesterday we were both going through our first chapter. Bright eyed and optimistic about all the people we would meet and the stories we would tell after wandering with these new companions. How did you fare, my friend?

In truth, when we started, I thought myself to be so small. How can a tiny mouse compare to the wolves, lions, and bears of the forest? A mouse doesn't have the sharpest senses like the wolves. A mouse can't roar as loud as the lions. And they certainly can't muster as much strength as a bear. But perhaps, what we can offer is our persevering nature and adaptability. We can squeeze through the most minuscule spaces only to rise to see the most scenic vistas.

Have you ever seen the sunrise on the summit of a mountain? The way the cool colours blend mellifluously into the warmth of the sun. It feels like an uncovering a precious jewel, the complexion of the Earth revealing itself in the dewy grass and soft light that trickles down upon the fields of flowers and kiss the upper branches of elder trees. Oh, what a sight to behold!

It's easy to find solace when the horizon is clear. It's easy to breathe when the air is fresh... But then, my stomach churns at the thought of the opposite. What if billowing smoke met the night sky? An explosion erupts startling one's deep slumber? What should be done then? It's my hope that you should never have to shoulder such a burden... Or if you did, that the trials that followed were swift and forgiving... Although, what good does it do when such probabilities are fabricated upon one's own mind?

Perhaps, at your leisure, you can sit down with a friend. Putting these dissident worries at ease and share your tales with me. I shall set us up with your favourite hot beverage. And then, if you're so inclined, maybe we can even tread along our old stomping grounds and reminisce in shared nostalgia later.

Until then, you can find me napping under the boughs of the large, mystical banyan. You know the one. The one where we promised we'd meet again when it was time for our paths to cross once more.

Sincerely,
An Old Friend

SrtaeWP.png

about

Hello there! I’m Paroe and I’ve been feeling pretty nostalgic about hand-written letters lately so I hope you enjoyed that little spark of inspiration. There’s something just so exciting about seeing people’s thoughts and care in a physical sense that doesn’t quite translate through digital media. I wish I’ve seen even a glimpse of the era of penpals… Anecdotes aside, I’m currently in search of kindred writers.

Role-play is a casual hobby of mines, but the funny thing is, I do tend to get passionate about it when I’m invested. My style varies from semi-lit to advanced lit depending on my mood and schedule. I can usually respond from 5-8+ paragraphs written in third person past-tense. I’m fairly lax on the genre as long as a plot’s premise is interesting. If you’d like to know more about my role-play style, I tried to be as detailed as possible in my profile. You’re more than welcome to have a look. I just thought it might be a little on the long and didn't want to bore you guys. (´∀`;)

SrtaeWP.png

rules

I don’t have any major asks or rules for my partners. But I do want to clarify a few things.

First, I probably will not be able to post daily. If you’re looking for that level of activity, we might not be the best match. My own writing process takes time never mind other hobbies, IRL responsibilities, and just general breaks for self-care and mental health. That said, I don’t ever want anyone to feel pressured to respond right away as well. Take all the time you need. I promise that I don’t lose interest quickly.

Second, Writing incest and explicit/smut-centric plots are out of the question. Romance between family members is just straight up iffy and if our characters find themselves in "adult" situations, it's a fade to black or time-skip for me please.

Third, While juicy drama and angst is fun to see between characters, I'd prefer to be drama-free in OOC. I'm pretty chill and definitely don't want to stir the pot online. I'm totally for having multiple RPs with different partners and groups. And if you don't feel like writing and just want to chat, it's definitely more than fine. It's the beauty of the internet, baby! We can all connect with whomever we want to.

And finally, golden rule and communication. Collaboration and putting forth new ideas is what makes role-play different rather than writing a story by ones self. As co-writers, I value the opinions and time of my partners. That’s why I think all great partnerships start with open, honest communication. If you’ve got concerns or need a break (no matter how long), you just need to say. I’d be more than happy to help and oblige. I ask only for the same amount of respect and consideration in return. Kindness goes a long way in my books. ❤︎(´。• ◡ •。`)

SrtaeWP.png

interests

FANTASY & SCI-FI

These two genres are usually my bread and butter. I love writing about worlds where magic and/or futuristic technology exists. It opens up an avenue to unique character creation and species, whether it be based on mythological beings or theoretical concepts, it's fun playground overall. Although I do want to briefly touch upon the realism of the world. Despite the setting being completely fictional, I think it's important to see how its mechanisms are interconnected from the geological landscapes to beliefs and cultures of its dwellers. It's much more easier to a craft a response, imo, when you know how characters interact with the ground level aspects of the world.

I'm pretty much up for anything within the range of these two genres. Medieval fantasy and stories about fabled heroes and beasts. Steampunk and the Victorian era of industrial expansion. Urban fantasy that sheds light to how magic is used modern day. Apocalyptic/Post-apocalyptic survival and the dawning/pioneering of new worlds. Cyberpunk and its exploration of the meaning of humanity. They're all great starting points.

ACTION & ADVENTURE

Let's give them the ol' razzle dazzle, shall we? I love sending my characters on impossible quests and missions. The higher the stakes, the more chances there are to see them fail and consequently, the sweeter the taste of victory is when they do succeed. A story is only as good as the conflict that it seeks to overcome.

While it might seem like I write mostly sunshine and rainbows, I can handle my share of dark topics. Grief, illness, trauma, moral ambiguity, and the nature of violence and survival within the human psyche. Those are some key essentials that drive a compelling plot/character arc.

PARANORMAL & SUPERNATURAL

If there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! Just kidding! I love amateur detectives in paranormal or supernatural stories. It makes the horror of it all more frightening and palpable when the characters are on edge and discovering things about the insidious forces along the way without prior background/context. I'm pretty much up for anything in this genre from more psychological suspense to cosmic horror, from gothic romances (and vampires) to campy slashers with all its tropes - everything is fair game. My only caveat is that it doesn't turn into an all out gore-fest without an inkling of a plot.

SLICE OF LIFE & MODERN

Sitting at the apex of it all is the heart of the character. I think going in this direction and having characters go through the trials and tribulations of their own domestic affairs adds a lot of realism. It really hones in on what's important to them and their core group, whether it be friends or family. I love a good slice of life story that breaks a character to their knees and challenges their own beliefs. Of course, balance is also key. I do enjoy the fluffy and light-hearted moments sprinkled in between too. Be it found families, silly quarrels of siblings, the heart-racing ventures of friends in school, or an office rivalry that turns dark - I’m pretty open to anything.

ROMANCE

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention this genre. This was the gateway genre that introduced me to role-play in the first place. I am such a hopeless romantic, but it’s not necessary to add at all. It’s more like a dessert to a meal. It’s nice when it served, but the main dish/plot would still be the star of the show. I’m more than fine with platonic soulmates that tease and fight with each other to the end only to hug it out with tears and apologies. Give me one brain celled friendships, childhood crushes turned complicated, the mastermind and their idiotic minion, frenemies or enemies to lovers, opposites attract, the “everyone see their a couple, but they don’t see it themselves” duo, long distant friendships or lovers, anything that’s a slowburn and not an instant romance, etc.

SrtaeWP.png

plot ideas

Project: Omega (Craving!)
Genres: Sci-fi, Dystopian, Bounty Hunters, Survival

Set in a futuristic city, children (or rather orphans) have become rare bounties. Due to population control that prevented adults from conceiving, the chance of having children are slim to none. Hence, those who wish to see their legacies thrive after their passing have greater barriers to overcome. They would either need to go through the arduous process of applying for permits and shelling out millions of dollars to this so called "Unity Corps" (corporate-run government endorsing mega-capitalism) just to enter a centennial lottery for the chosen few to receive fertility treatments that guaranteed conception at the very least. Or they would hire these group of mercs to find storks (mothers) and eggs (children) whom they can trade for a hefty paycheck to last for a few centuries.

Inspired By: Pop Squad in Love, Death, and Robots

Love Is Blind
Genres: Modern Fantasy, Potential Romance, Action

It's quite common knowledge that anyone hit by cupid's arrow falls in love with the first person they see, but what most people don't know is that there's also anti-cupid agents at play. While most of cupid's agents/disciples are firm believers in "love at first sight", there's an underground rebellion that believes free choice should also factor into the equation. As such, they seek to disrupt the connections that cupid's agents seek to build. While a game of cat and mouse might sound like fun to those in the match-making business, for every couple that the anti-cupids disrupt, Cupid, the original match-maker, loses his ability to see matches, the secret looms of fate that connect these soulmates together.

Inspired By: The Red String of Fate, Cupid by Fifty Fifty

Hidden Fate
Genres: Fantasy, Hero's Journey, Potential World-building

Before humans, the rulers of Earth were beings called the “Zeru”. It was said that the Zeru descended from seeds from the cosmos that planted it’s roots in the world and created the circle of life. The original three - Mun (Body), Bal (Heart), and Til (Soul) - transferred their consciousness into lower forms of nature that would evolve into the descendants of humans as we know it. The co-existence of the three deities were mostly harmonious until the current era. A foreign darkness has unleashed itself unto the Earth and began its corruption of humans. It’s said that the Mun were the first to fall. They attacked the Bal and Til simultaneously almost eradicating most of their populations. War after war. Battle after battle. These regions are nowhere near where they were a millennia ago. The aftermath being the Bal controlling most of the world under military dictatorship. With time, the Til became isolated ascetics looking to divinity for guidance to end this conflict. The Bal quelled under pressure and became servants to the Mun. An elder Til seer predicted that a group of warriors and leaders were going to help disperse of the plague that infiltrated the Mun so long ago, but he couldn’t foresee where they were coming from. He could only hope that the chosen few would lend their aid soon before the Mun plunges the world into complete darkness.

Inspired By: Isu from Assassin's Creed (very, very loosely based), Avatar the Last Air Bender

Users who are viewing this thread

Back