• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Simplicity in lies.

SophiaWilliams677

Stanley stood next to his desj, his eyes directly locked on the floor. He blinked slightly, then rearannged his glasses. He then buttoned up his blazer, straightened his tie and then straightened his collar. Being 5'8 made it easier for him to seem more professional in his clothing.

He was preparing for something.

Every pen on his desk, every sheet of paper and every other item was articulately placed. The office he was standing in was entirely cleaned. It could basically be shining.

There was a knock on the door. Stanley took a deep breath, exhaled, and within seconds his emotionless, dead face was promptly replaced with a smile that never reached his eyes. He opened the door.

"Victor! Is that you?" he said, shaking Victor's hand. Victor seemed to be a young man, early 20s. Wore a suit and tie with shoes you could barely guess how much cost. He was Chilean.

"Transcending my sloppiness, I'm getting better, eh?" he responded, chuckling.

Stanley grimaced, faking a smile.

"I'm glad. Do you know when my partner is coming?"

"On their way now. You know, none of us actually know if it's male or female."

"Who knows. You.. You do know I can, do this investigation on my own? It's just a murder case."

"Nah, boss says it's not a one man job. Cheer up though, you'll finally get a friend!"

Victor patted Stanley on the back then walked away. His smile faded and his facade dropped. Stanley slowly closed the door and found himself sitting on his chair, hands clasped together as he stared, emotionlessly, but with a clear hint of anger. He was staring directly at a piece of paper.

"There will be no choices in this matter.
Note that this is for the BEST, Stanley.
Yours truly,
H.A.
1982."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back