• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Silver

The One Called X

Angstmaster
"That'll be eight-thirty-two." The cashier waited a moment for the young woman to respond. She didn't, instead gazing fixedly at a point somewhere behind him. He glanced over his shoulder. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the same old cigarette cartons. He turned back, frowning. "Miss? Are you all right?"

She started, looking down at the counter as though it took great effort to look away. "S-sorry. I- um. Long day. Brain's all- y'know. Um. Sorry." She fumbled for her wallet. She kept glancing at the wall behind him as she paid for her orange juice and beef jerky. The cashier shook his head. College students were an odd lot. She mumbled a thank you when he handed her her bag, and for a moment he thought she might say something more. She didn't leave the shop so much as flee.

It wasn't a significant or memorable interaction, in the scheme of things. Odd types were part and parcel of working the night shift, after all. One of those things you stopped thinking about after a while, just like the broken fan that never turned off and the three cartons- never more, never less- of Virginia Slims that went inexplicably missing every month without fail.

Cora shivered a little, and did her best to look casual as she walked away from the corner store. She shouldn't have stared, she knew. It was just- she'd never seen so many before, and never all in once place, and never stealing cigarettes, of all things. She wondered if she'd done the right thing, leaving without saying anything, but- well, what could she have said? Pardon me, sir, but there's a gang of invisible gnomes smoking behind you. That was the sort of thing that made people assume you were on drugs. And anyway- Talking. To people. It was always an awful, paralyzing prospect, and adding Creatures to the mix just made it worse.

And besides- they didn't seem to have any interest in him, and it was always best not to invite the Creatures to take interest in her. It was a hard-learned lesson. She'd try to talk to them, in her childhood, because she hadn't known that they were Other. She'd assumed everyone saw them. Her parents had assumed that she'd had a huge and ever-changing bevy of imaginary friends. The crying fits and bruises had been chalked up to bullying. Mercurial, the Creatures were, prone to cruelty. It wasn't until her father's mother came to live with them that she'd learned.

"Listen well now, lass. You've got the sight, same as me, same as all Lennox women. You mind what I say and never forget, and it'll keep you safe even long after I'm gone."

And Cora had minded her Nan's lessons, even when it made her parents worry that her head was too far in the clouds, and it had kept her safe. Odd, yes, nervous and twitchy and lonely, but safe. No more bites and pinches from fractious pixies, no more impossible tangles in her hair for some esoteric breach of elven etiquette. Most of the time, the Creatures didn't know she could see them, which suited Cora just fine. That was, after all, lesson number one- you won't catch their attention if they don't know they've caught yours.

Cora quickened her steps and fished her orange juice out of the bag. It was a warm night by autumn standards, but still- she wanted to be in her apartment, behind a closed door and a salt line. She could phone Nan then. She had no real friends- it was impossible to explain herself fully to anyone, so it was best to avoid the possibility of questions altogether- but Nan understood. They were kindred spirits. They even looked alike, going by Nan's old pictures. Cora might have been dark-skinned and dark-haired and coltishly long-limbed, but she shared the wild curls, hazel eyes, freckles and delicate features. And a predilection for silver jewelry.

Pure silver. Always. Never to be removed, not even in the shower. Cold iron was poison to unnatural things on contact, but they couldn't even touch a person who wore silver. It's one of the few things that Cora knew for certain. Everything was conjecture, really- picking out facts from legend and folklore was a bit like trying to piece together an accurate history of Italy from Shakespeare's plays- but in all her life, Nan had never encountered a Creature that could push through the protection of silver. It was a comfort, the quiet clinking of her charm bracelet, reminding her that when all else failed, she had one last foolproof defense.

Cora fumbled with the cap of the orange juice, frowning. They were always closed so tightly, and the condensation made it slippery. She was nearly home, at least, and she began to relax as she approached the gate of her apartment complex. There were plenty of streetlights, and the nearby cluster of trees was far enough from the sidewalk that the thick underbrush wasn't overly unsettling, even at night. She put the bottle of juice back into her plastic bag and began to fumble in the pockets of her too-big hoodie for her keys- and then she froze, listening. She was sure she'd heard something. And sure enough, she heard it again- a whining, like an animal in pain. A dog, she thought, near the treeline. She bit her lip, indecision rooting her to the spot. It was late, there was no one around- what if it was aggressive? There would be no one to help. But if she called for help and waited, it might crawl off into the woods, where they might not be able to find it. She dug out her phone and turned on the flashlight, peering into the darkness, and then- just inside the copse. She saw it.

A dog, yes. A dog with eyes that glowed crimson, with fur as green as moss, with the unmistakable aura of something Other. Cora tensed. She should go. It was a Creature, and no good would come of interfering with it. Even if some Creatures really were just animals like any other. She'd already paid too much attention to it.

The dog whined again, weaker this time. It was a small thing, and its paws were large and awkward. It had the look of a puppy. And Cora could see, just barely, that something was wrapped around its neck. She swallowed hard. She couldn't just leave it to suffer. But- the silver. She'd have to take off the silver. It would be all right, surely, to remove for just a little while. She could help the dog and then put it back on right away. She set down her bag, and with a deep, bracing breath, unclasped the bracelet. She tucked it carefully into the bag.

She shivered when she stepped out of the yellow light of the streetlamps. The little patch of trees and undergrowth had seemed almost civilized from the safety of the sidewalk, but now, lit only by her phone's flashlight, it all seemed- bigger. Wilder. At least the dog was close. It tried to lift its head, whimpering, but soon gave up. She knelt beside it.

"Oh, poor thing," Cora murmured. It had, apparently, gotten itself stuck in a piece of steel fencing. The iron was eating into its skin. Cora felt a lump in her throat. "I- I think this might hurt, I'm sorry." She managed to work her fingers in between the wire and the dog's skin, suppressing a wince at its yelping. It was too weak to struggle, which was lucky- Cora was able to work the fencing over the puppy's head without having to fight the animal, though it whined so pathetically that she was near tears by the time it was free.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, you're free now." The puppy quieted, panting harshly. It stretched out its neck and licked her hand. Cora sobbed in relief as the angry red marks left by the iron began to fade. "See? All better now." She stroked its fur gently, casting a nervous glance into the darkness of the trees. She should leave, and quickly- but the little puppy was still weak, and in pain. She lifted it into her arms, careful of its injuries, and it pressed its little face into the crook of her elbow. It felt wrong, to abandon it, but would it really be all right to bring it home?

What Now?
[1] Leave the puppy behind and hurry home, like a heartless monster.
[2] Bring the puppy home.
[3] Leave the puppy, but only after it has recovered.

Lol why do the answer choices seem so biased. If it was me in this situation I would have left it once I have freed it due to the circumstances of life, but choosing the option with "heartless monster" in it will hurt my pride. So I'm gonna deviate to my second best choice.

Lol why do the answer choices seem so biased. If it was me in this situation I would have left it once I have freed it due to the circumstances of life, but choosing the option with "heartless monster" in it will hurt my pride. So I'm gonna deviate to my second best choice.

lol

Cora is both softer and somewhat dumber than you. It's kind of... her opinion colors options, to some extent. She'd feel heartless if she left the pupper.

lol

Cora is both softer and somewhat dumber than you. It's kind of... her opinion colors options, to some extent. She'd feel heartless if she left the pupper.

Hmph dealing with dogs almost every day, I can agree that perhaps Cora is softer and dumber in that the dog could probably just be dramatic with their injury. Trust me. There are some puppers out there that will scream from the smallest thing and then you have some of those that will be running with an open gash with no pain. It's amazing. They're like children. Which even then I feel like all this is a trap. Traptraptraptraptraptraptrap. Like what if momma creature dog is close by? Then it's bye-bye Cora.

Hmph dealing with dogs almost every day, I can agree that perhaps Cora is softer and dumber in that the dog could probably just be dramatic with their injury. Trust me. There are some puppers out there that will scream from the smallest thing and then you have some of those that will be running with an open gash with no pain. It's amazing. They're like children. Which even then I feel like all this is a trap. Traptraptraptraptraptraptrap. Like what if momma creature dog is close by? Then it's bye-bye Cora.
muahahahaha

we shall seeee~

Oh wow, it's a puppy. I love puppies, they're the best. So cute. I just can't believe anyone would leave an invisible green pupper to die like that. So cruel.

Gosh, bringing the puppy home would be a great experience. But what do Other breeds eat? I don't think there's enough room in our budget for that. But they don't like have an animal shelter for Other puppers either. So hard to decide. Maybe it's wild, maybe it's best to leave it in the wild after all, I mean there's the whole silver problem and all and keeping the puppy causes all sorts of other problems. Yeah I think this would be a good decision. We should at least make sure the puppy is alright to get going on its own.

Last edited:
It would be impossible to bring the puppy home with her, Cora decided. She'd have to do away with the salt lines and sage smoke that kept her home free of other Creatures, and she wouldn't be able to wear her silver. No, that would never do- she'd never be safe again, not really. And besides- it was a wild thing, most likely, no matter how soft and tame it seemed. She scratched gently at the soft fur behind its floppy ears. Still, she couldn't bear to leave it all alone in the dark when it was still so weak. It was healing steadily, and soon it would be able to run off to wherever it had come from. Then she'd go home.

Still. She shivered a little with nerves and cast a longing look at the dimly lit sidewalk. She could see her abandoned shopping bag still, with the silver bracelet and all the safety it assured tucked in with her orange juice and snacks. She almost regretted even leaving her apartment, but- the puppy shifted in her arms, sneezed, and shook its head. She smiled in spite of herself. It was almost all better, and in the next minute or so she'd be on her way, no harm done. She'd been able to help, so in the end it was for the best.

"You're feeling much better now, aren't you?" Cora said, setting the puppy down. It stood, a little unsteadily, and shook itself. "I guess it's time for me to be on my way, then." She stood up, dusting off her jeans. She was more eager to get home, now. A sense of apprehension was creeping up her spine. This was too easy, she thought. It was giving her a bad feeling.

Cora's bad feelings were almost never wrong. A gift, Nan had said, with a look on her face that said the opposite. Be careful, lass. These things have a price.

She shivered again, gooseflesh prickling her arms. She started towards the treeline. The puppy was at her heels, looking up at her with its big red eyes. "No, you can't come with me. You've got to go home," she said, pausing. The puppy wagged its tail. "I'm sorry," she said, feeling rather foolish. The puppy sat, seeming to understand, and Cora started walking again- only to stop short as the nighttime quiet was broken by a long, mournful howl. Her heart skipped a beat. She knew, somehow, that this was different from the sounds the puppy had made before- those were normal sounds, the sort one heard with one's ears. This was-

This was-

She didn't know. But it wasn't a physical thing. It was a call, and she was sure that its intended recipient would hear it, no matter where they were.

There was no time to think. She dashed towards the sidewalk. Whatever it was that the puppy had called, she didn't want to be here when it arrived. Only- had the treeline always been so far away? Had the fallen leaves been so slippery? Had the ground been so uneven?

Her foot caught on a bramble- how, how could that be, there had been no brambles on the way in- and she gasped sharply as she began to fall-

A hand seized her arm, steadying her, and she screamed. The person who'd caught her sighed.

"Oh, come now, don't do that. I owe you a good turn, don't I?"

What now?
[1] Run for it!
[2] Scream some more!
[3] Say "Thank you" like a civilized person.

Uh oh, looks like we're busted. Should we run? Should we scream? No, if it doesn't work the first time it probably won't work the second time. Let's just accept the situation and see who we're dealing with.

Maybe this fellow and the puppy are close and they feel like they need to thank us for helping out. May as well respond in kind because I doubt we'll be wearing that silver again for a while.

I would have preferred a different kind of confrontation, but the other two options are obviously useless... so here we go with number 3.

I would have preferred a different kind of confrontation, but the other two options are obviously useless... so here we go with number 3.

As satisfying as snatching one's arm away and yelling "LET GO" at the interloper would be, it is unfortunately not something Cora would do.

I'm still working on striking the right balance between establishing character and having the flexibility needed for options. I appreciate y'all's forbearance on that front. :)

I knew it, I knew it! *waggles finger*

We should've just scurried off when we could've. Due to our current circumstances of the situation option 3 seems to be the one that would allow us more time to live if the person (if it even is a person) is dangerous. Cause what doesn't say friendliness but a kind "thank you". I mean even dangerous creatures might appreciate some great manners.

Cora drew in a ragged breath, biting back another scream. She couldn't run, that she knew. Mercurial, she reminded herself. That's what they were, and like to turn on one they saw as rude. She had to be polite, and slip away as quickly as she could. She swallowed hard, and looked up at the- the Creature that had caught her arm.

It was a boy- a man, really, but he looked close enough to her age that she was inclined to think of him as a boy. But that meant nothing. Creatures didn't have to look like what they really were. For half a second she was certain he had the horns of a ram, but she blinked and then couldn't be certain she'd seen it. She couldn't make out many details in the dimness, but his hair was so fair that it looked silver. He had his head tilted slightly, regarding her with- curiosity? Oh, no. Curiosity from Creatures was never good.

He let go of her, and she stepped back, folding her arms across her stomach."Th-thank you." She said, voice shaking. "I- I'm sorry for-"

"No. Bad human. Don't apologize." He shook his head. "You shouldn't even have thanked me in the first place. You shouldn't even be here. It's a new moon. You're lucky that the Hunt has already ridden. Didn't your mother teach you anything?"

"Um." Cora frowned, glancing back at the treeline. It definitely looked farther away, now. There was a fine layer of mist close to the ground that hadn't been there before, which she could see in the low light of the moon, which should not have been out. Her stomach sank. "My- my mother doesn't know a-about these sorts of things." Her hands were trembling badly now, and she balled them into fists.

The boy snorted, crouching down and snapping his fingers. "Really? That's not right. If you have the Sight then so does your mother."

Cora shook her head. "She doesn't, though."

The boy gave her a long look, then rolled his eyes. "That's how it works, girl."

Cora didn't say anything. She almost wanted to argue, but- it didn't matter, in the end. As long as she could just get home, none of this would matter at all. It would be all right, she told herself, as long as she kept calm. The boy whistled, and finally the puppy came bounding out of the undergrowth, tail wagging furiously. "Little fool," the boy said, lifting the puppy to eye level. "You call me here and then wander off after rabbits. This is how you got lost." The puppy licked his nose. "The nerve of you," the boy grumbled, sounding so utterly offended that Cora would've laughed if she hadn't been so tense. As it was, she managed not to flinch when his attention returned to her. He set the puppy down and stood.

"According to Finn, you were kind to him."

"Finn? The puppy?" Cora paused, considering her next words. She was beginning to think that she wouldn't be able to leave the forest unless she was- allowed, or given permission, or- or something like that. She knew that debts were important to Creatures. Debts, and manners, and very precise wording. She just didn't know any specifics, because no one Nan knew had ever interacted that much with them, not like in folklore. And- and she'd never seen anything like him before, so very humanlike and yet not. The Fair Folk, Nan had said, in foreboding tones. There's naught to do with them but pray you never cross their path. But it was too late for that, now. "He was hurt," she said. That seemed neutral enough, and perhaps it would give her time to think.

"I know. The iron. It's why I couldn't find him. But you did."

"He was crying," she paused again. "I- I thought I should help."

"You shouldn't have been able to hear him, you know. Or see him. My father's hounds are hidden, even from humans with the Sight. What you've got is something else."

"I-" she began, then fell silent. She had no idea what he was talking about, now. Anxiety tightened anew in her chest. "I don't know."

Even at a distance, in the dark, she could see the white gleam of his teeth as he smiled slowly. "I do."

Gooseflesh erupted on Cora's arms, and she jumped when she felt something brush against her leg. She looked down to see Finn, sitting at her feet. She took a steadying breath. "O-oh. All right then." Her voice was almost steady.

He was quiet for a moment, and sounded exasperated when he spoke again. "Don't you wan't to know? Aren't you going to ask?"

Cora shrugged.

"Ugh. Fine, then, if you're going to be boring. Your helping Finn put me in your debt. So what will it be, little one?"

What now? [1] Ask to go home
[2] Ask to leave the forest
[3] ...idk fam give me ur suggestions maybe

Asking to leave the forest seems like a better deal than just saying "take me home", so that is a choice I'll consider going with.

You can color me very intrigued on what we might have, though. We can get out of here right now but perhaps if we learn more about our enhanced sight it'll leave us better prepared for these kinds of situations in the future, or perhaps it'll rope us into some more crazy stuff.

... Alright, seems like a good idea to me. Let's ask the guy about our Sight, figure out what's so special about it. Hopefully getting out of here won't be too big a deal afterwards.

Cora drew in a ragged breath, biting back another scream. She couldn't run, that she knew. Mercurial, she reminded herself. That's what they were, and like to turn on one they saw as rude. She had to be polite, and slip away as quickly as she could. She swallowed hard, and looked up at the- the Creature that had caught her arm.

It was a boy- a man, really, but he looked close enough to her age that she was inclined to think of him as a boy. But that meant nothing. Creatures didn't have to look like what they really were. For half a second she was certain he had the horns of a ram, but she blinked and then couldn't be certain she'd seen it. She couldn't make out many details in the dimness, but his hair was so fair that it looked silver. He had his head tilted slightly, regarding her with- curiosity? Oh, no. Curiosity from Creatures was never good.

He let go of her, and she stepped back, folding her arms across her stomach."Th-thank you." She said, voice shaking. "I- I'm sorry for-"

"No. Bad human. Don't apologize." He shook his head. "You shouldn't even have thanked me in the first place. You shouldn't even be here. It's a new moon. You're lucky that the Hunt has already ridden. Didn't your mother teach you anything?"

"Um." Cora frowned, glancing back at the treeline. It definitely looked farther away, now. There was a fine layer of mist close to the ground that hadn't been there before, which she could see in the low light of the moon, which should not have been out. Her stomach sank. "My- my mother doesn't know a-about these sorts of things." Her hands were trembling badly now, and she balled them into fists.

The boy snorted, crouching down and snapping his fingers. "Really? That's not right. If you have the Sight then so does your mother."

Cora shook her head. "She doesn't, though."

The boy gave her a long look, then rolled his eyes. "That's how it works, girl."

Cora didn't say anything. She almost wanted to argue, but- it didn't matter, in the end. As long as she could just get home, none of this would matter at all. It would be all right, she told herself, as long as she kept calm. The boy whistled, and finally the puppy came bounding out of the undergrowth, tail wagging furiously. "Little fool," the boy said, lifting the puppy to eye level. "You call me here and then wander off after rabbits. This is how you got lost." The puppy licked his nose. "The nerve of you," the boy grumbled, sounding so utterly offended that Cora would've laughed if she hadn't been so tense. As it was, she managed not to flinch when his attention returned to her. He set the puppy down and stood.

"According to Finn, you were kind to him."

"Finn? The puppy?" Cora paused, considering her next words. She was beginning to think that she wouldn't be able to leave the forest unless she was- allowed, or given permission, or- or something like that. She knew that debts were important to Creatures. Debts, and manners, and very precise wording. She just didn't know any specifics, because no one Nan knew had ever interacted that much with them, not like in folklore. And- and she'd never seen anything like him before, so very humanlike and yet not. The Fair Folk, Nan had said, in foreboding tones. There's naught to do with them but pray you never cross their path. But it was too late for that, now. "He was hurt," she said. That seemed neutral enough, and perhaps it would give her time to think.

"I know. The iron. It's why I couldn't find him. But you did."

"He was crying," she paused again. "I- I thought I should help."

"You shouldn't have been able to hear him, you know. Or see him. My father's hounds are hidden, even from humans with the Sight. What you've got is something else."

"I-" she began, then fell silent. She had no idea what he was talking about, now. Anxiety tightened anew in her chest. "I don't know."

Even at a distance, in the dark, she could see the white gleam of his teeth as he smiled slowly. "I do."

Gooseflesh erupted on Cora's arms, and she jumped when she felt something brush against her leg. She looked down to see Finn, sitting at her feet. She took a steadying breath. "O-oh. All right then." Her voice was almost steady.

He was quiet for a moment, and sounded exasperated when he spoke again. "Don't you wan't to know? Aren't you going to ask?"

Cora shrugged.

"Ugh. Fine, then, if you're going to be boring. Your helping Finn put me in your debt. So what will it be, little one?"

What now? [1] Ask to go home
[2] Ask to leave the forest

[1] You don't need trouble at all, just ask to be left alone and to live in peace.
You don't need to be surrounded by horrible creatures that can kill you any time they want to.
Just try your best to live a normal life, even should you be tormented by those nasty creatures.
Its the right thing to do, the most sensible one thus far.
Asking more than that is asking for trouble.

Cora opened her mouth to speak, then thought better of it. She needed to get home, but she'd have to word her request carefully, to ensure that there were no loopholes or room for... creativity. Part of her just wanted to sit down and cry, but she bit the inside of her cheek and tried to ignore it. She could do that once she was home.

Should she ask him to take her home? Maybe not. What if that could be taken as an invitation into her home? On the other hand, just asking to leave the forest left her destination open to interpretation- he could drop her on a deserted island, or even just take her somewhere else in... wherever they were, if there were places here other than the forest. Just asking to go back to the human world still left the desert island problem. She could ask for a way home, maybe?

"You're thinking very hard," the boy said. He sounded impatient, and a bolt of anxiety ran through her. No, no, she couldn't get distracted, she had to think-

Of course. It was really very simple. She had to ask to return to the place where she'd left her bracelet. "I want-"

"Wait," he said, suddenly much closer than he'd been before. "Listen to me. You're about to ask to leave here, yes?"

Cora stepped back, wary. "Maybe."

"Finn has your scent now. Do you know what that means?"

Cora shook her head.

"It means that the rest of the hounds do, too. My father's hounds. He'll be able to find you, lamb, and he isn't as nice as I am."

I don't think you know what nice means, Cora thought, but out loud she said, "And why would he want to find me, in the first place?"

"Well, I can't tell you that. It has to do with certain things you haven't asked me about yet, so my hands are tied, you see?"

"Maybe I don't believe you. Why would you want to help me?"

"You're very pretty, and I like you, and I really do owe you for Finn. It'd hardly be fair if I repaid you by sending you into danger, would it?"

Cora bit her lip, torn. On the one had, she had no reason to trust him, and one very good one- the fact that he was Other, with all that implied- not to. On the other- did he have any reason to lie? He seemed- human, in some ways- but then again, humans were as capable of cruelty and deception as any Creature. Perhaps it would help, in the long run, to know exactly what was different about her- but would that truly be any use if she couldn't make it home?

A high-pitched puppy-bark interrupted her thoughts. Finn was standing at alert, his small body practically vibrating with excitement as he stared intently into the depths of the forest. As if in answer, the faint sounds of baying hounds echoed in the distance. Cora's heart leapt into her throat. She'd never heard it before, but somehow she knew. "I- I can't run from them, can I? Even if I get home."

"No. You need to make a decision, now."

"Yes." She swallowed. "I- I want to know what my Sight is." She took his proffered hand. There was a bright flash of light and then-

It was day. There were no trees. Cora spun around, only to be confronted by the sight of a vast lake, blue water sparkling in the sun. "What did you do? What happened, where are we-"

"Calm down, little one. We're somewhere else."

"I would never have guessed," Cora snapped, then froze. He laughed, though, and she relaxed a little. In the daylight he looked- slightly less terrifying, despite the sense of Otherness that clung to him like fog. His hair was thistledown blond, loosely curly and a bit unkempt, a bit less than shoulder-length. He did look young, fine-featured and pale, but there was something sly, fox-like, in the set of his mouth and eyes. He had brown eyes, she noticed. It was- odd, somehow, seeing such a human feature on something not human, but- not bad, she decided.

He immediately dispelled any goodwill she might've mustered when he spoke again, mirth in his voice. "Aw, poor lamb."

She was here now, anyway. Caution was in the past, now. "You can't just bring me somewhere out of the blue and then laugh at me when I ask questions. It's- it's rude, and unfair, and- and mean. I didn't ask for this, I- I was just trying to be a good person and you've got no right to- to treat me like an- an idiot just because I don't know what's going on and I'm scared. If- if you really want to help me like you say you do then maybe you could start by- by not being a- a- a smug jerk about it."

He looked at her silently for a moment, dark eyes wide, and for a moment she worried that she'd gone too far and he was going to turn her into a slug or something else horrible. She hadn't really expected to snap, but then- she hardly talked to people, so she didn't really know what she was like when dealing with them. It would be a shame, she reflected, with a touch of calm hysteria, to die when she was just now discovering things. She released a breath she hadn't known she was holding when the boy dropped his gaze, seeming almost chastened.

"We're still in the Other world. It's still close to the place you came in from your world, but far from where the hounds were looking for you. Distances work differently here."

Cora nodded. "Thank you for explaining." She still didn't really understand, but it was better than nothing.

"You can call me Colin," he said, like an offering.

That isn't his name, Cora thought, with complete certainty. That sense, again, the way of simply knowing things that had so worried her Nan. Still- perhaps she should give him something to call her?

What now? [1] Tell your name.
[2] Give a nickname.
[3] Don't offer anything- you just want your explanation!

aaaaaa i am sorry this took forever. i got my roommate to break the tie in the choices, so now she is also judging me which should provide motivation to Write More Faster. I promise we will get an explanation of Cora's sight with the next post. aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Give a nickname. We're incognito now. It's time for Cora to put on her sunglasses and trenchcoat.

I'm not very good with nicknames so I hope I don't have to come up with one. Or maybe someone else can do it, that works too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back