• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Moon is Intoxicating (Dog Shifter / Wolf shifter) interest check

Would It be okay if I made a younger character? My idea for this is to have her find a big brother or sister figure in the wolf pack and this helps make the bond that the packs have to make easier.

I think Witches and vampires would probably exist, but more so in a smaller fashion than fantasy texts have us believe. Much like how lycanthrope is a disease, vampirism would also act like a disease where those born with it are fine, but offspring and those bitten become ghoulish. As far as witches it could be similar to people who are between these "worlds" so to speak in order to collaborate as peace keepers between were's vamps and humans

10. Are weres seen as monsters? if there is no major negatives and they maintain control in transformations, why would it be something to hide?
D. Rex D. Rex I think a good reason could be their bite turns people slowly turns that person insane and although they live far away from the town it's always a possibility that during the full moon they could attack unsuspecting humans. They can only have normal werewolves through breeding. Let me know what you guys think though!

12. Is this disease something that has never been seen before? Or is it something in history that might have explained the major drop of prominence of weres from old times?

"I think adding it to were history could lead for some fun worries, and give a few leads of stuff to look for. And would also explain the few were scares during history."

--> Maybe first they were almost wiped out when the Europeans came to America. They found these beasts needed to be exterminated so settlers wouldn't have to worry about their farm animals.
--> During the Medieval Ages gold and silver were heavily used during church ceromonies and werewolves' skin would start getting red when they had to handle the chalice (which contained silver and was used for the religious ceremonies they were forced to attend)

13. What sort if challenges do weres deal with? I have plenty of ideas if you want help.

"The birth issue is a major one to deal with, as it dissuades weres from getting pregnant. Having one like that could be a risk to the pack.
Other issues could be a shift in mentality to something more feral and pack centric. Leading to a bit more aggressive tendencies and heirarchal standards.
Hunger could be a big thing too, given how much energy they would need to transform. Losing ones mind while hungry could end very badly, and other weres may need to reign them in. Furthermore, excessive transformations without recovery can lead to malnutrition and fatigue."

--> I think in response to this (this could all be included) I was thinking that moon sickness increases the hunger tenfold since they transform into this hybrid and more often. So in a sense it's just their transformation but amplified by a lot. Also the birth problem is only among weres affected with the illness moon sicklness

So taking your idea I'm going to say (putting that in the answer)- Weres are more secretive because they fear discovery along with their animalistic nature which makes them more aggressive and need something like a pack hierarchy. That paired with the fact that they need to look out for each other to control hunger, since they transform fairly often. excessive transformations without recovery can lead to malnutrition and fatigue. Biting a human is a taboo and I think the wolf that bit the human would have to be put down. Maybe also human flesh is sweet.. so they'd crave it once they tasted it. The pack can try to bring the newcomer in but if the newcomer resists they will be killed

"Pack relations. Need some proper reasons why dogs and wolves dont like each other. And then have the alphas do what they can to keep things diplomatic between the packs. While also not letting the misbehavior of the other pack slide."
I would think that the Silverbloods could be jealous and disapproving of the fact that the dog pack lives so close to humans. They think canines should stick together and they don't consider their messed up forms to be "wolves". To them they look like something went wrong with nature (especially considering there are small dogs and medium sized ones)
The Blackbloods could think the Silverbloods are ruthless and wild. They consider them dangerous because they lose their faculties during the full moon (maybe every night?)

Should a werewolf have a mental breakdown or give up on restraint, things could end badly. So pressure and support needs to come from all members of the pack.

(I'll take one from your book)

Werewolves' strength is directly tied to the moon. Weredogs have a more even strength even though it's less.

I made her sort of young and clingy but not young enough to need parent roles or anything

Meme Machine Meme Machine Thisisntmyfinalform121 Thisisntmyfinalform121 Boondox Boondox Elliot.The.Idiot Elliot.The.Idiot Anonymous Anonymous Kenku Kenku SheepKing SheepKing

Hi Everyone!

I realize you may be wondering what happened to this rp. As I stated in the first post it wasn't original therefore I had no idea where to go with it beyond the framework. I'm not interested in continuing this rp especially because I realize it will be difficult for me to think up an idea. I'll probably be scrapping this shifter idea and putting it into my next topic which I think will have something to do with norse gods and the animals tied with them along with ragnarok. Thank you for your interest and if you're ever interested in future roleplays with me don't hesitate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back