• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Moon is Intoxicating (Dog Shifter / Wolf shifter) interest check

Thrushwing

Manic potato
**Disclaimer: This plot is NOT original

So the basic idea is you have 2 packs: Black bloods (technically werewolves although they transform in to dogs) & Silver bloods (transform into wolves)

The Silver Bloods are your average werewolves. They stay away from towns and keep to themselves. You have your alphas, betas & healers. They can transform at will but they MUST transform on the every night and on the full moon their wolf side takes over and they hunt the various game in their territory (possible fight other packs). Their strength is directly tied to the moon. When there is no moon they are extremely weak and easy to defeat.

The Black bloods lives in the town and the shifters have part-time jobs and are going to college. They must transform on the full moon however their human faculties remain intact. They are weaker than the Silverbloods however their strength is steady constantly and not tied to the moon.

Moon Sickness

Moon Sickness is the virus that is spreading from werewolf to werewolf, turning them into mindless monsters. It starts slow, making the person feverish and have other flu like symptoms. Slowly it becomes harder and harder to control shifting and keeping control while shifted, as well as worsening flu symptoms. Not only that the victim starts shifting more frequently into something that is half man half wolf/dog. It is a monstrous form to be sure. The inability to talk properly comes next, stuttering and forgetting grammar and words, and memory gets worse too. The infected individual may become distant or aggressive and is constantly confused. From here, everything spirals until the werewolf loses control completely, attacking even those they love. And it’s just as severe in Black Bloods. Symptoms can get worse from there, leading to loss of the senses and slowly to seizures and even death. The mark of the infected is the slow spread of blackened veins running slowly from their fingers to their elbows to their shoulders, and finally their heart. If it gets that far, the individual will die. Moon Sickness is spread mostly through blood, so through attacks, bites from one of who has begun to cough blood, etc.
This disease threatens to expose the canine shifter population as we know it since humans are climbing in the body count over attacks on their person by diseased canine shifters.

Effects

The werewolf slowly increases the transformation from human to wolf and they become this wolf-human hybrid (this causes severe hunger and malnutrition)
They start to crave the sweet flesh of a human and will become aggressive towards anyone that stands in their way
A female that has moonsickness and births pups those pups will eventually die as teenagers (but not before becoming more aggressive and going into violent fits of rage). They take longer to die due to the fact they have more of a tolerance to it.

Neither group particularly likes the other, but they come together to keep their kind safe, however hard it may be. And now, more than ever, they may be forced to work together. A disease is spreading, taking over the minds of the werewolves, turning them rabid and bloodthirsty, and it only affects them. It’s spreading fast and the werewolves are beginning to worry they may be outed to society-something that no one wants to happen.

Rules & Notes
* Please be active. At least a reply every couple of days. Notify me if you decide to leave so we can write out your character or figure out what to do.
* At least a paragraph per post (preferably per character but if not that's fine) 4-5 sentences.
* Follow rpn rules
* No godmodding
* I'm really open to plot ideas. It'd be nice to have a co-gm for this rp. Again: co-gm position is open & wanted

* For your main characters make sure you only do what you can handle. If you want to make a character that you want included but posts less/is less writing you can make side characters. Side characters could be the owners of shops or the residents around town.
* Keep your powers within reason.
* Dog shifters should be varied! Small dogs & medium sized ones! It'd be nice to not have all german shepherds, huskies etc.
* Wolf shifters transform into regular wolves, not the upright kind.
* Right now we're doing one alpha but if more people want to join I can increase it to two

The Town & Forest
The place where the humans and dog pack live is a sleepy little town called Witch's Hollow. The whole town is to the west. It's pretty far out in the middle of nowhere. It has a university, the local high school, and several shops. Mostly townsfolk trying to earn their living here.
The Town
Buildings:
The bar (south in the town) & eateries
Movie theater (west in town)
shops & hotels: (middle)
Town homes (north)
University and dorms (east)

No man's land (between the town (West) & the forest (East)
Where the dog pack hangs out when not in town

The Forest
Where the pack lives. There's several abandoned buildings here that they have fortified with the natural elements.

Position explanation

Scouts (wolves): Scout out information. Natural objects can give a brief glimpse of their limited history.

Sniffers (dog) would be the equivalent of scouts although they have the ability to pick up human scents, a limited history of who that human has interacted with.

Hunters (wolves): Has the ability to discern scents that are faint and stale and can "resurrect" almost ghost trails.

Herbalist (dog): Can gain knowledge of herbs at an accelerated rate. Does not have any healing powers

Healer (wolves): Healing powers but takes longer to understand herbs.

Fighter (dog): Since they're less of a unit the fighter dogs have the potential to be stronger than the wolves in terms of strength due to the fighter dogs fighting for their lives rather than the pack

Warriors (wolves): Although they may not have the same strength they can communicate almost telepathically with one another and can unleash coordinated attacks.

Positions

Dog pack:
1 alpha - taken by Thrushwing Thrushwing
1 beta (second in command)
1 herbalist (no powers just knowledge of herbs) - taken by Thisisntmyfinalform121 Thisisntmyfinalform121
sniffer(s)
SheepKing SheepKing
fighter(s)

Wolf Pack
1 alpha -
1 beta (second in command) - taken by Boondox Boondox
1 healer (has powers to aid healing) - taken by Meme Machine Meme Machine
scouts:

warriors:

hunters:

Humans: (if any)
(Maybe the government has found that sleepy hollow has an unusually high canine population and is helping the spread of disease? Idk)

Last edited:
i do better playing just one character but i could maybe add a more side-like character? one who wont be as active lol. and id love to be a dog shifter if thats oki!

Boondox Boondox Anonymous Anonymous Elliot.The.Idiot Elliot.The.Idiot Thisisntmyfinalform121 Thisisntmyfinalform121

Sorry I've been busy. I didn't realize you guys were interested in this! That makes me happy. Around how many characters would we have? We need at least the important roles filled and one warrior and scouts & hunters per each pack. The rest of the pack can be npcs if need be. Overall I'm looking for about 3-4 people and everyone can play multiple characters.

Dog pack:
1 (possibly 2) alpha(s)
1 herbalist (no powers just knowledge of herbs)
sniffer(s)
fighter(s)

Wolf Pack
1 (possibly 2) alpha(s) - 1 taken by D. Rex D. Rex
1 healer (has powers to aid healing)
scouts
warriors
hunters

Last edited:
Also, original plots are overrated. Give me something fun and engaging and I'll be happy. And I just so happen to like Werewolves :)

XD cool I'll put you in the alpha role. Are you going to be a male or female? Kenku Kenku would you like a specific role(s) for you character(s)?

Male.

Do you have any rules or requests?

And as far as shifting goes, is there upright for forms too or just normal wolf forms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back