Advice/Help Silmarillion inspired roleplay

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
I’ve been rereading The Silmarillion, by JRR Tolkien, and was thinking about a roleplay inspired by it. Basically, the theme of powerful spirits shaping the world, with similar ’rules’ to the characters powers and abilities.

Thoughts, critique, ideas?

That's an interesting idea. I have never read such book (even though I like J. R. R. Tolkien a lot). The whole concept of having several supernatural forces that create a certain world is as old as time, and it was reinvented so many times (through mythology and religion), and stories based on such are always interesting for me.
Could you please develop the idea a bit more though? Are those spirits praised by that world's population? What abilities do they have?
In the Silmarillion, Eru Illuvatar (God) created several spirits. Those who go to create the world of Middle-Earth, or Arda, are divided into the Valar (fourteen in number) and the Maiar (countless). The Vala Melkor or Morgoth seeks to corrupt and destroy the world. He corrupts Sauron and other Maiar, some of whom become Balrogs. It’s pretty elaborate, and laid out in the Lord of the Rings wiki.

Hi, hope you’re still looking for someone. I assume this is going by the story plot? Is it focused on any elves or beings in particular? :)

I find the Silmarillion to be much more interesting once it gets around to the mortals doing stuff. The Wars in Belariond is way cooler than the Maiar making the world. At least in my opinion.

I’ve been rereading The Silmarillion, by JRR Tolkien, and was thinking about a roleplay inspired by it. Basically, the theme of powerful spirits shaping the world, with similar ’rules’ to the characters powers and abilities.

Thoughts, critique, ideas?
yes please i'd be interested with a middle earth role play , especially first age middle earth , can you pls dm me with details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back