• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
“No problem.”

Getting up on his feet, he reclaimed the Artic Rose and looked back at the path they took earlier that lead them into the hallway.

“Doesn't look like there's another way for them to arrive here, unless it involves jumping off one of those upper floors above.”

"I'm certain that there is another way around. Perhaps we should move forward and see what happens next."

“Yeah.” Xenon nodded, “Let's go.”

The two of them went ahead towards the end of the hallway. It seemed to have been a door that looked as if it was to be left permanently closed.

Steyliff-Grove-Lightray-Door-FFXV.png

“Looks like this one isn't opening during the night much like the entrance of the ruins itself.”

“Hmm....”

Xenon went to the door for closer inspection. Looks like there was now way for the door to be opened, as there was not a single switch around in the vicinity around them. They did find some warp points that signified of the ruins' ancient technology (warping is an immensely rare and difficult ability to use, which is why shipping still exists), but that was it inside the ruins.

As he looked however, Rachelle noticed the wall next to Xenon looked rather battered enough that a sufficient amount of force seem to be capable of destroying it. The crack on the wall barely seem to have air flowing out of it too.

"Hey Xenon, this wall looks like it might break. You think you can destroy it?"

Glancing at the wall, Xenon nodded and raised his right hand. The thumb, fore finger and middle finger pointing at the wall. Rachelle noticed three red fog forming into a red glowing circle on the tip his fingers sticking forward.

“System Call: Generate Thermal Element. Form Element: Arrow Shape.”

The circle soon formed into three spear-like projectiles, causing him to retract his right hand back while the left hand was raised forward, as if it was holding a bow for aiming the arrows about to be fired.

“Rachelle, may wanna behind me.”

“Discharge!”

--------------------------------------
*BOOM*

Cheng's fox ears fluttered as he looked towards the direction of the explosion.

“That....didn't sound like it came from any of the skeletons or crème brûlée we've encountered.”

“Sorry!”

Not that it spared him from getting a bone chucked at his face either way.

--------------------------------------------------
“Another door...” Xenon muttered in a mix of disbelief and annoyance after what felt like a moment of relief for the two of them for bypassing a virtually permanently-shut gate.

Sealed-Door-FFXV.png

“I guess on the other hand, at least this one looks like it could still be opened.”

“I think I do have the key itself actually.”

The bracelet he had gotten from his training in Algwar soon manifests onto his right hand, in which the shape of it seem to resemble the keyhole on the vault door.

“So much for "roots".”

Xenon muttered as the Artic Knight manifested besides him, inspecting the bracelet and the keyhole itself before slowly turning towards both the former and Rachelle.

“This....may be something thy friend Lorna Kadmon likely knows of, given her status as a veteran Eidolon. What lies beyond this cell is an untamable being that had to be locked away from the eyes of many by the Eidolons.”

“Eden has got to be insane if they're actually thinking of prying this open. I don't think this door means anything good to me at the very least.”

“Either we'll have to backtrack and look for them ourselves or we wait here for their arrival.” Xenon explained, “No signal for our communicator to work either so it can't direct them here. But even then...”

He peered at the cell door and folded his arms.

“What was it that made even the Eidolons themselves decided that it is best kept away from anyone...?”

“Hmm....” Xenon stepped towards where the wall once was and peered out to look at the hallway.

“Doesn't like there's any hostility here.....maybe I should go look for them?”

“Well, it's definitely safer if we stick together after all. Let's go Rachelle.” Xenon nodded in acknowledgement before the two of them headed towards the hallway.

--------------------------------------------------
The demon emerging from the wall in front of them soon fell, the very wall it was protruding out of crumbling into ashes in front of the seperated remnants of the group.

“Well...guess the demonwall's not going to crush us towards the other end anymore now.”

“If that's the case we better hurry up and regroup with the other two. Worst case scenario they may try backtracking to look for us and get themselves lost as a result.”

Clair spoke up.

--------------------------------------------------------
“Hopefully the nature of the Steyliff Grove was going to reverse the groove trail here.”

Xenon spoke as he dragged the blade of the Jäger along the ground he and Rachelle were walking by on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back