• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
“T-that remark made me a little mad for some reason....” Xenon muttered bitterly under his breath as he sat down and started eating with everyone else.

-----------------------

Outside at the entrance of Leville Hotel,Xenon sat by one of the seats by the entrance as he stared at the Icy Sapphire on his hand. It was pretty late at night,with the city only being barely lit mainly so that workers could still see while roaming the streets. As for Xenon himself being awake at this time of the hour,he was unable to sleep due to the concern of Eden possibly discovering their location,the incident with the goblins that nearly costed Rachelle and the girls of their will,and of course...the purpose of the Elementia Core he is holding right now that the Artic Knight had mentioned is the material meant for enhancing the Artic Rose.

latest

We came and went through all the trouble for this....is it really worth it though? I've only accepted the Artic Rose since it is a gift from Ruri. But....

“Couldn't sleep?”

A voice snapped him out of his thoughts. Turning around,Xenon saw Clair walking out of the hotel entrance,where he proceeded to sit on the stairway.

“I-I guess...you?”

“Not really that sleepy. 'Been used pulling all-nighters often in my world.”

“I'm surprised you didn't suffer from sleep deprivation then.”

“Well,guess i'm lucky for not suffering from that then. Jetlag isn't gonna bother me much.”

Clair responded before looking at the fountain near the entrance of the hotel. Unbeknowst to them,Michelle and Lorna happened to have woke up and were now listening in to their conversation quietly without being noticed.

“....Clair,Ruri told me about your wound past the chest somehow recovering on its own.”

“Oh that? Yeah,it's nothing special really,it's just something that I-”

“Virtually no one in this world has to ability to survive from that attack.”

Clair instantly looked back at Xenon,his relaxed expression immediately turned into bewilderment. He quickly looked away,subtly nervous as he averted his gaze. Xenon knew that he was on the right track.

“There's the insane physical strength you've demonstrated,there's Scientia offhandedly mentioned his mech-body as him possessing it for his own use,there's your arm,which honestly does not look like it's the result of you being a human-dragon hybrid,and then last but not least...rather than calling the general from the mountains "demon" only,you and Scientia called him a "third-rate demon".”

Silence simply met Clair as he stared down on the pavement,a barely audible sigh leaving him.

“You and Scientia....you're both demon gods...right?”

Another air of pin-drop silence. Eventually however Clair stood back up and shrugged reluctantly,before looking back at Xenon,biting his lips nervously before nodding and answering.

“It's...true he and I are actually probably more powerful than the sort of demons you guys are probably facing. But...we're technically sons of two demons respectively. Half Demon in fact,not exactly god of demons.”

"So Clair and Scientia are half-demons? And presumably they are from a world full of demons. But how did they manage to end up here? Hmm..." Lorna thought to herself.​

“I'd never thought I'd actually be hearing such a revelation. Then...the world you two are from before you got summoned here and Scientia somehow appeared here. Is it filled with demons or-”

“What? No!” Clair quickly debunked,his voice apparently ranging between horror and amusement, “I-I mean,yeah,we do have demons in our world but uh....they're pretty rarely ever found and are damned strong in their own right. But well,our world has just as much humans as your world does. I don't think I've ever seen normal people with fox tails and ears or,i'm guessing what you mentioned as "human-hybrids" and whatnot,unless you're talking about the kind like kitsunes,which are just as rare as people like my kind,especially if you're talking about the 72 Demons of Ars Goetia.”

“"72 Demons of Ars Goetia"? I've read those up before and...wait,you mean to tell me that,both of you are...!?”

“Believe it or not...yep. our fathers are two out of 72 of the demons listed there. Didn't know your world also recognises them though.”

That one small fact had certainly made Xenon's eyes sparkle in excitement upon hearing more of Clair and Scientia's origins.

“T-that's just insane and incredible! The legends in my world about the "72 Lesser Keys" Demons stated that they're either just as powerful or can become just as powerful as even the mightiest gods themselves!”

“Sheesh...even your world too?” Clair muttered,sounding as if he had to hear a really ridiculous claim for the hundredth time in the span of a single day. “Well,it's kinda true that they're pretty powerful. But...in my world...just about anyone can become a god when anyone least expects it.”

He noted,sounding even more serious and somber than earlier.

Last edited:
"So their fathers are part of the 72 Demons of Ars Goetia. I heard about those kind of demons before. If they are the sons of those two demons, that could mean..." Lorna thought.​

“What do you mean by that..?” Xenon asked,although deep inside he had a feeling he knew what Clair may be about to explain.

“...My world. Scientia's world. Anyone could inadvertently become really dangerous at both the sword and pen. It wouldn't matter if you're the son of some demon overlord or some god ruling the high heaven. You WILL find yourself facing your match or worse. And this is without getting into how big of a dick the people in my world can get. It's a lot more harder to trust and believe anyone in my world.”

Clair explained,before ending it with a small summary.

“Our world is as good as being recognised as hell,not because it's filled with demons,but because the mindset of society and life in that world makes living feel like a curse.”

Lorna yawned. "Well, I think that's all the info I need. Better get to bed or I'll end up getting eye bags." She thought going into bed. On the other hand, Michelle had taken every note and detail about Clair and Scientia's origins before heading off to bed as well.​

“So...how averse are you to revealing your status as a half demon?” Xenon asked,in case so that that he could decide whether or not he should let the rest of the party know. The response he got....was not what he was expecting however.

“I don't mind actually. I just...didn't want to spit it out mainly out of fear that you guys would start acting aloof towards Scientia and I or that you guys would depend on us even more than we could offer to help. Because honestly,even if you guys are not powerful as the two of us,you guys still have something you're clearly better at than the two of us are. Also,we're kinda doing this to lower the risks of the info getting leaked to Eden so that they could start making something overkill just to deal with my cousin and I. Well,long story short,we just felt it might be for the best if we hadn't revealed it outright. Although I guess it's time we really admit it to you guys.”

“I see...”

“You better get to bed,I don't think the leader should be staying up way too late,especially when we've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow.”

“Fair enough. Although...one last thing I wanna ask before I leave you be:You didn't seem to call yourself a half-human as well despite looking like one. Is it what I think it is or...?”

“Oh that? Well....to be frank,I don't think our fathers actually married a human.”

Last edited:
Morning has come. While some of the members are still asleep, Rachelle had woken up early to cook breakfast.​

A yawn could be heard from the bedroom before Xenon himself sat up from his bed. Needless to say,he still is feeling a little drowsy from the lack of proper sleep.

Yeah.....maybe it wasn't a good idea to stay up longer than expected

Breakfast is almost done. The smell of Rachelle cooking has reached the noses of some party members, prompting them to wake up.​

"Good morning, Ruri." Rachelle said "You go sit at the table and wait for the others. I'm almost done here."

“Okay.” She chimed before leaving for the table,taking noticed of Xenon's rather tired look. “Papa,are you okay? You look so sleepy.”

“I- *yawn* I'm okay. Just didn't manage to sleep properly yesterday night. I'll be wide awake once we're out.”

By then, the rest of the party have woken up just in time for Rachelle to finish up. "Morning everyone." She greeted before coming in the dining room with the food in hand. They're cheesy spiced omelettes served with bacon and a side of hashbrowns. It also comes with coffee and orange juice for Ruri. "Eat up everyone." She said as she places the food on the table.​

“Thanks Rachelle.” Xenon spoke as everyone started eating.

“Say,Clair,you mind if install a little upgrade on your cousin's mech? After what happened yesterday I thought it would be beneficial if we could see what visuals he's gotten in real life.”

“Why are you asking me that,foxy? But well,sure,just go ask him by the fuel station a few steps from the entrance of the city here.”

“Fantastic! Oh and,Amelia,is it okay you come with me when we're done eating breakfast? There's a few upgrades I want to implement but could only find the proper tools to do so safely in a facility owned by my teacher.”

“It's about the metal we've fetched from the mines right?” Xenon asked,in which Cheng nodded.

“Precisely. It was refined and readily manufactured into a shape-variable armour for Amelia to wear. Due to its shape-shifting nature certain portions of the armour and morph into some extra weaponry for her to use on hand or for her hammer.”

“Mind if I come with you? I want to see what they could do with this for the Artic Rose.” The Icy Sapphire materialised onto his hand,passing it to Cheng as the fox-man inventor inspected it closely.

“Huh...turning this into material to enhance your newfound sword might be a little....”

"Dangerous?" Ryutaro butts in "Come on, Cheng, it doesn't hurt if you try."

“Well,I may not have tried turning elemental cores into materials for forging a weapon,but I certainly have seen other's attempt that.”

“And...what happened when they did?”

“The energy stored within the elemental core ended up dispersing in a manner similar to an explosive,similar to those "Vancian Magic" bombs,some barely survived without proper protective gear when they've stupidly tried converting them as if they're normal materials. If anything,you'd need to attempt to convert elemental cores into materials to be forged by keeping it sealed in a really durable room or container while you do the developing in there.” Cheng explained, “It's the reason why most blacksmiths would just make a weapon that has a spot to fit the elemental core in,since trying to convert the cores into upgrading materials is both hard work and also pretty tedious,if not dangerous. And judging by the magical output of the Ice Elementia Core here,I doubt the rooms or containers used to withstand the energy dispersal of normal elemental cores could actually withstand the explosion of this core here we have with us right now.”

Xenon gulped upon hearing it as he was handed back the icy sapphire.

“No good huh.”

“That said,if you're talking about fusing the Ice Elementia Core into Artic Rose specifically,then you don't actually need to go through the "smithy" route to do that. After all,you can actually have an accomplished Receptairer do just that.”

“Recep-what?”

“Receptairers. Well,think of them as something like alchemists,but they either create some magicals "pills" or combine several materials to form some i-don't-know-what-the-hell-it-is via use of some form of fusion-magic.”

“Wait,now I remember,they're those guys from your country who makes something like special elixirs,potions and circular pills for a living in your country right?”

Cheng noticeably shot a dirty look at Xenon upon hearing "your country" before sighing in defeat.

“Yeah....they're a thing in the nation "Tong Yi". And please don't lump me with that nation....the last thing I wanted is for people to see me as a Tong Yi-an. That country shames me to no end.”

"What's wrong with your country? Corrupted government or something?" Ryutaro asked.​

“Corrupt? I guess. Arrogant and money-driven? Yes. The main source of idiotic tourists who goes making a scumbag out of themselves by destroying tourist attractions and as such had many other nations put up rules specifically for any Tong Yi-an like me,regardless if where they're born at? Yep. Notorious for making inspirational-less and horrible copycat movies and video games that sucks big time? Also yes! Just....ugh!”

Cheng frustratingly let off an exapperated sigh. He really is a full fledged opposite of a patriot of Tong Yi.

“So many things about that country just drives me nuts,and it's only half of the reasons why I hate the nation and also why my family and I moved out of that damned country.”

“T-that bad huh.”

“They even withhold information that puts them in a bad light from their citizens! Like,everyone else.in the world knows about the atrocities the country has done in the past and you think not showing them and coming clean is really gonna solve it? Oh please....*groans* Thinking about it,Tong Yi is probably like Eden is several ways,just that instead of military,it's money. And instead of taking over other nations by force most of the times,Tong Yi's insane money stash meant they could fiddle any company in the world just by offering some big sum of cash to them in agreement for the partnership.”

“That....hits a little too close to home here. One of the countries in my world is pretty shady too,especially with the censoring of freedom of speech.”

Last edited:
“Yep.....that's honestly why I'd rather avoid having to step foot into Tong Yi again if I could help it. But well....I don't think I've seen any receptairers leave Tong Yi,especially since that country's the only nation where I'd see some people who wouldn't mind pooling in large sums of their income in the auction for a Receptairer's creation.”

“Wait. "Wouldn't mind pooling in large sums of their income in the auction for a Receptairer's creation"? How insane can their creation be that it practically becomes just as valuable an a millennial-old artifact?”

Xenon asked,very clearly baffled by the idea of Receptairer simply waltzing into auctions to offer whatever they've made and then potentially earn even more that the richest person in the world could earn.

“Oh,it depends. You have the elixir that boosts progress of magic or physical training,a pill that grants the consumer frightening powers at a near death state,a bathing water that could potentially cure anyone of even some usually incurable diseases. The list stretches on.”

“And somehow their economy has not crashed with all that being made!?”

“Oh I wish that's what had happened. But no. Most Receptairer's would have to show the quality of the items they've procured or it won't be accepted into the auction. As such you'll often see auctions around the world have an accomplished Receptairer to check the quality of the creatuon before deciding its worth so that patrons won't be ripped off. Plus,it actually isn't easy to manifest a creation without destroying the materials often. Even some of the most experienced Receptairers find themselves burning materials unintentionally like papers time to time,as such they'd have to keep honing their concentration and also get the proper pots to create the pills and elixirs and whatnot.”

"How much would that cost?" Ryutaro asked "To be honest, I am getting interested with that those guys made. Could be beneficial if we have the budget."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back