• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Silent Rapture - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Oh course! I love me some good RPs.

I mean, there'll be times where I'll get myself involved in half-baked cliché RPs once in a while :P Mainly when my brain has run out of caffeine to run on lol.
I haven't branched out to hunt down other RPs in a long time, but am in the mood to RP a lot right now. I needed more RPs to splurge in. ^^

SilverFlight SilverFlight I can probably help with that? This ain't my first rodeo in supernatural rps and I've thought up some hella second and third acts for other groups.

I'm actually a wee bit concerned there isn't already a plot thought out at this stage

Coldpopz Coldpopz Lowkey kinda more than a wee bit for myself? Kinda? I've got some hope though. The premise itself has lots of possibilities and promise. I'm here if ya'll wanna brainstorm!

Lioness075 Lioness075 I can never figure out how anyone can manage over two or three RPs at once. The concept itself seems daunting to me haha.

If it encourages y'all at all, I've been in 3-4 RPs with Silver as the GM before and they've always been fond memories and plenty of fun times for me. ^^ She's a very reliable GM and well worth the patience before the RP officially kicks off.

monochromegalaxy monochromegalaxy Well, it helps when one or two of them are slow-paced, y'know? Then it's not so overwhelming to bounce between them. I usually just have to slow down for each reply to remind myself of my characters in that RP and what exactly is happening atm lol.

SilverFlight SilverFlight I can probably help with that? This ain't my first rodeo in supernatural rps and I've thought up some hella second and third acts for other groups.

I'm actually a wee bit concerned there isn't already a plot thought out at this stage
I did say that I always love it when people contribute to the story. I'm always happy to have input, but there is actually a reason I haven't made any detailed plans yet, and that is that I generally like tailoring things to the group I get. I can come up with fairly interesting stories fairly fast. I've been doing this for a while and a good many of my threads go on for well over 6 months, one of my newest is about to hit the year mark. I hope that puts some of your concerns to rest.

If you have ideas I want to hear them. For now though, I haven't even got the CS for the first npc up. Things are still in development.

SilverFlight SilverFlight If I seem very doubtful, apologies! I didn't mean anything malicious or anything. Honestly, I'm glad to wait and prefer to have a decent RP than a rushed, unfulfilling one. I actually look forward to what you conjure up.

Lioness075 Lioness075 True true. Throwback to when I used to get myself into tonnes of fast-paced RPs. Crazy times XD

Lioness075 Lioness075 True true. Throwback to when I used to get myself into tonnes of fast-paced RPs. Crazy times XD
Omg, I was so guilty of that when I first started on here. I was too excited to slow it down and then got super overwhelmed haha. I think I had to leave a couple RPs because people were waiting on me to post and I just couldn't keep up with it all. I felt so guilty lol.

Omg, I was so guilty of that when I first started on here. I was too excited to slow it down and then got super overwhelmed haha. I think I had to leave a couple RPs because people were waiting on me to post and I just couldn't keep up with it all. I felt so guilty lol.
Oh my gosh back when I used to RP on DeviantArt the worst place to RP for me, to be honest, other members and I would draw each other's characters based on situations that occurred in the RP. Sadly, I was only there for a little while before I had to leave 'cuz I had many other RPs XD I felt pretty guilty of having them draw my characters and then I just leave.

At least we've learnt to restrain ourselves? XD

Is it me, or is anyone else getting some slight Devilman Crybaby vibes from this? Or is it just the sense of impending doom and the end of life as we know it from various media that I refuse to mention 'cause I'll probably get into another nihilistic phase?

Is it me, or is anyone else getting some slight Devilman Crybaby vibes from this? Or is it just the sense of impending doom and the end of life as we know it from various media that I refuse to mention 'cause I'll probably get into another nihilistic phase?
I have never seen that show.

I have never seen that show.
It's good. I like how they dealt with the 'humans discovering the existence demons and the unavoidable end of the world' kind of thing. Not a fan of the art style, personally XD Plus, the soundtrack is nice to listen to. I guess I enjoy anything related to the end of the world, especially if it has biblical-styled apocalypse elements and humanity's broken psyche involved.

My favourite track from the show if you have the time to listen:)

SilverFlight SilverFlight I did some thinking! Since we're incorporating other mythologies and such into this, imo it'd be very very interesting if archdemons set on the apocalypse that belongs to Lovecraftian cosmic horrors.

(For those unfamiliar with Lovecraft's work, he set the premise that humans are insignificant symptoms in the universe, that we were never meant to fully understand the reality around us. If science ever reached far enough, we "will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." Quite literally, the site of eldritch beings and the discovery of objective truth slowly drives humans insane because our minds cannot comprehend the scale and breadth, nor the lonely fact that we're objectively insignificant. Lovecraftian beings were the inspiration behind "Bird Box" and "Dead Space.")

To mock the angels, archdemons use their own trumpets to mimic the horns of Revelation, summoning cosmic horrors that want to either corrupt or murder Earth's gods / myths.

P8G3EdI.jpg

0800bvd4wbh11.jpg

images

hellblade.jpg

latest

Last edited:
SilverFlight SilverFlight I did some thinking! Since we're incorporating other mythologies and such into this, imo it'd be very very interesting if archdemons set on the apocalypse that belongs to Lovecraftian cosmic horrors.

(For those unfamiliar with Lovecraft's work, he set the premise that humans are insignificant symptoms in the universe, that we were never meant to fully understand the reality around us. If science ever reached far enough, we "will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." Quite literally, the site of eldritch beings and the discovery of objective truth slowly drives humans insane because our minds cannot comprehend the scale and breadth, nor the lonely fact that we're objectively insignificant. Lovecraftian beings were the inspiration behind "Bird Box" and "Dead Space.")

To mock the angels, archdemons use their own trumpets to mimic the horns of Revelation, summoning cosmic horrors that want to either corrupt or murder Earth's gods / myths.

P8G3EdI.jpg

0800bvd4wbh11.jpg

images

hellblade.jpg

latest

That is certinly a large deviation from the original atmosphere I had envisioned, but I will do some research and consider it.

I know very little about Lovecraft, but I do know it generally has a pretty dishesrtening and depressing atmosphere. XD I suppose it would be kinda befitting for this kind of setting.

monochromegalaxy monochromegalaxy Omg, I did some Maximum Ride-esque RPing on deviantart lol. It was super hard to do, but also kinda satisfying when I got a bunch of likes for my writing. I can’t draw anymore because of nerve damage in my wrist, but it was still fun writing on there. I made at least one good friend on there, but I tend to suck at keeping up with people if we don’t become friends on Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back