• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Silent Rapture - modern supernatural/fantasy thriller

Is this RP still open to new characters? I was thinking of a Kabbalist who played (and miraculously won) Chess against death.

Well, this idea of playing against Chess primarily comes from The Seventh Seal. In the movie, the guy loses against Death, but... eh. I can make it work, right?
I can elaborate more, but, well... I just have to detailize the overall idea.

ADD ON: Yeah, I thought I might have to describe Kabbalah. Well, Practical Kabbalah, at least. What this practice is is, well, in short, Jewish Occult. Practical Kaballah is magic, though considered "white" magic, in the form that it is very passive. It just requires the use of the name of an Angel/the Divine, put into either the form of an Incantation or amulet.

Last edited:
Is this RP still open to new characters? I was thinking of a Kabbalist who played (and miraculously won) Chess against death.

Well, this idea of playing against Chess primarily comes from The Seventh Seal. In the movie, the guy loses against Death, but... eh. I can make it work, right?
I can elaborate more, but, well... I just have to detailize the overall idea.
GM is accepting first 10 character sheets that get approved beyond any edit requests. Thus far, only 2 have been completely accepted, so there are still 8 openings. More could be accepted later on depending on how things go.

Also, your character concept primarily needs to come from mythology or legends, not modern day TV shows, movies, etc. Unless of course that movie was based off of something more concrete in history. ^^

The GM can step in and correct me if I'm saying anything incorrectly, but I think I've said it all right. :s

Well, from what I've gathered (Which is from Wikipedia), the concept of playing Chess against Death is present in Medieval times, but, well... maybe in an allegorical sense?
Besides, it was just one picture I saw. xD. So, major extrapolation?

Well, from what I've gathered (Which is from Wikipedia), the concept of playing Chess against Death is present in Medieval times, but, well... maybe in an allegorical sense?
Heh, well the character can always be a normal human in this world, but in order to add in some supernatural aspects, they usually will need a stronger backstory and history to them besides applying a phrase of sorts.

Again, I could be wrong about what is or isn't allowed. SilverFlight SilverFlight What's your take on this? I don't want to mistakenly give the wrong advice here.

The Kabbalah is definitely acceptable, as is the concept of winning against death, though I would pick one personification.
If you submit a character this time ;) I will consider it.

To everyone still interested, I THINK the character sheets are open to all submissions until we get 10 accepted peeps. Someone who didn't post here at all put something in and he hasn't gotten slapped yet, but check with Silver if you wanna be certain it's okay.

I’d laugh my ass off if this human won in a chess game versus Charun, and if they were old rivals.

And yes, you do not need to have been part of the original interested group, you don't even need to have posted here. What new people do need to do is read the rules carefully, because some are fairly specific.

Don’t kelpie characters have to be in the water permanently? Or am I thinking of the wrong type of character? :confused: I only ask because being confined to the water would be a serious restriction when most of the characters are humans or of some land type.

Yeah, in some mythology they do but I’m sure I could manipulate that. I was thinking maybe his original refuge was destroyed somehow, so he is no longer restrained by that attachment. Maybe when he’s closer to water his powers/abilities are stronger, and when he’s far he’ll have some sort of mental pain but primarily be reduced to the form he chooses to take, which would be human. Do you think this would work?

Yeah, in some mythology they do but I’m sure I could manipulate that. I was thinking maybe his original refuge was destroyed somehow, so he is no longer restrained by that attachment. Maybe when he’s closer to water his powers/abilities are stronger, and when he’s far he’ll have some sort of mental pain but primarily be reduced to the form he chooses to take, which would be human. Do you think this would work?
Honestly, this is a question for the GM more so than me. SilverFlight SilverFlight

I can't see the original question, but there are many stories in which kelpies are expert shapeshifters and they can stay out of the water for as long as they want. I'd imagine their most powerful gifts would only be used close to or in water however.

Something's coming.” The shadows played across the man's long, lanky figure hidden under an old Burberry tan trench coat. His voice was laced with mild concern and he folded the newspaper in his hands, betraying his anxiousness.
Something's always coming.” Said his partner flatly, who was dressed in a darker, more modern wool coat, collar turned up against the drizzly, cold night. He was flipping through pages of something on his iphone, wondering why the old friend beside him was still clinging to a dying media.
It's different this time, and you know it. The signs are there but they're...wrong. Like someone has soaked them in blood or stuck them in front of a fun house mirror. Things are tainted...warped. We might need help or things could truly end this time.
Iphone stopped swiping. “Since when do we need help?
That earned a skeptical glance from Trench Coat. “Would you like the short list?
Okay fine, but we don't even know what this is. We don't know who we need. What sort of call would we put out?” He asked curtly.
Trench Coat considered this. “I'd say we make it as general as possible, open it to any spirit, hunter or exorcist that has their eyes open and isn't afraid of a little trouble.
Iphone made a face. “That sounds like the sort of thing that could make everything worse.
Or,” Trench Coat began, “it might just help us save the world.

The concept is a modern-day supernatural mystery thriller with a strong globetrotting/international element. The goal: prevent the apocalypse. It's happening too soon! And things are definitely off. The angels are worried and a call has been put out: Anyone with “eyes wide open”, that is to say, anyone savvy about the supernatural, has been called to help uncover which evil force wants to end all of mankind and stop them. The villains permeated the highest levels of human society and we'll have to uncover the enemies, who have swaddled themselves deeply in mortal corruption, before we can defeat them.

Humans and almost any supernatural being will be permitted as a playable character, the exceptions being vampires or werewolves, because I'm tired of them. You can draw from any culture or mythology, just be mindful of religious sensitivities.
Some brief examples: angels, demons, djinn, orisha, ancient heroes, tricksters and minor deities. Human demon hunters/exorcists/mages are also playable.

This will be a mature, detailed rp, so if your writing style is short posts and little to no character devo or cooperative interaction, then this rp is not for you.
Depending on the interest check response I will decide if/how to run this.
I want to offer a lot of freedom in the devo of the world but I will be strict about the power level of your character. There will be no OP characters here. That being said I love it when people take an interest in adding to the story and the lore, so your input will always be appreciated.

So there we go! Reply if this is something you could really get behind. I'm fairly committed once I start a thread and I'm looking for people who are going to give this an earnest try.

Lore page
Characters
OOC
Is this still open?

Stupid question, are you able to play as a force of corruption or darkness to help see the end of the world? (Ex: chaos followers of any kind(warriors, champions, sorcerers))

Stupid question, are you able to play as a force of corruption or darkness to help see the end of the world? (Ex: chaos followers of any kind(warriors, champions, sorcerers))
I believe evil / bad characters are generally frowned upon in this RP.

For anyone coming in late to this interest check, there are links to the RP threads on the first page. The first 10 approved characters (1 per RPer) will be the first group to join the RP for now. Thus far, we have 4 approved characters, so 6 more can still join. Some RPers already have character sheets up, but owe some edits before they can be completely approved. Please please please read the rules thread before you create your CS. There are several key points to be mindful of with your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back