• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
is the race still on to get an approved CS? Because im interested!
Would you be opposed to a mediumship/ghost whisperer type character (with substantial background to explain the acquisition of such an ability)
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Ok, my relief finally showed up so time to catch up on everything.

Edit:
Got a few questions.
1. How are you defining "Heroes" since you seem to not classify them as human? I'm guessing demi-god since that's what most Greek heroes were, even though other cultures had them and as Zerohex Zerohex pointed out, many of the big name ones were completely mortal.
2. Can humans not use protective magic in your setting? Actually, better question is how does the magic work at all? Is it a highly ritualized process or something more spontaneous?
3. Also did you mean to use "incinerate" when mentioning the limits of your character's power? Because cremating a person takes a lot of heat, so I'm wondering if you meant ignite or something else.

Last edited:
Ok, my relief finally showed up so time to catch up on everything.

Edit:
Got a few questions.
1. How are you defining "Heroes" since you seem to not classify them as human? I'm guessing demi-god since that's what most Greek heroes were, even though other cultures had them and as Zerohex Zerohex pointed out, many of the big name ones were completely mortal.
2. Can humans not use protective magic in your setting? Actually, better question is how does the magic work at all? Is it a highly ritualized process or something more spontaneous?
3. Also did you mean to use "incinerate" when mentioning the limits of your character's power? Because cremating a person takes a lot of heat, so I'm wondering if you meant ignite or something else.
1. Heroes I did mention with the Greek demigods in mind, but there are also other ways to be considered a hero: being blessed or charmed. The 7th son of a 7th son is really just inherently lucky. They are human, just not entirely mortal. They have innate super skills. I would reference folklore and mythology for what they are as it varies.

2. Humans can gain magical protection and powers through study and training, but they are never innately supernatural in their abilities. And they are often vulreable without careful preparation.

3. And I meant what I wrote. She can use concentrated fire spells but that is her max and that is a mid-range power level for this rp, to give you an idea of the limits I want to allow. The enemies we will face won't be nearly as easily-dispatched as a human. No character should be strong enough to demolish buildings but they aren't your average fighters either.

I hope this answers your questions.

1. Good call, that leaves good options open to people because honestly making a character a demi-god to get the generic power set is pretty lame, especially when multiple people start doing it.
2. That actually doesn't answer my question. I'm really just curious about how spellcasters function since that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.
3. Ok, but how does that work? Is she just igniting people instantly? Is she shooting the flames out? Do the flames not affect anything they're not directly touching? While I personally don't plan on taking highly destructive powers, I'm just curious about what that mid level power entails.

1. Good call, that leaves good options open to people because honestly making a character a demi-god to get the generic power set is pretty lame, especially when multiple people start doing it.
2. That actually doesn't answer my question. I'm really just curious about how spellcasters function since that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.
3. Ok, but how does that work? Is she just igniting people instantly? Is she shooting the flames out? Do the flames not affect anything they're not directly touching? While I personally don't plan on taking highly destructive powers, I'm just curious about what that mid level power entails.
2. The way they function is not singular or standardized. Again, refer to myth and folklore. Some spells, like summoning spells would require glyphs and time to prepare beforehand. Elemental mages would probably use incantations, alchemists need to make potions. It is very much up to the imagination. The person writing the character can make the lore about how their powers are used. I'm not going to write it. There is simply too much.

3. She can summon fire, think spontaneous combustion with limited distance and area of effect. Fire is fire. It will act like fire. Because of the intensity it takes to incinerate something it will catch on other things if she's not careful. A crit miss with the die might actually do that. Keeps people on their toes.

You likely won't find every detail predetermined in this thread. It relies more on imagination and good judgement from the players with only mild guidance by yours truly. A collective world-building endeavour. I understand the desire for well-defined and rigid lore, but I don't box my concepts like that. I leave people the freedom to choose.

Last edited:
2. Cool, saw the Lore and Rules thread mention guidelines so I just wanted to know what was up. It's a real pain to work on something just to find out the GM things it's bad wrong and shoot it down for not fitting the setting (Which only seems to happen in mish mash settings???).

3. So by demolish buildings you mean something that would do it instantly? Alright, that actually helps clarify a lot.

Honestly, I don't really need everything detailed (Not that it hurts), but the way stuff was worded in this thread and the rules thread made it seem like there were tight restrictions on things.

Edit: Oh, and what's this about a dice system? I'm really curious about that.

2. Cool, saw the Lore and Rules thread mention guidelines so I just wanted to know what was up. It's a real pain to work on something just to find out the GM things it's bad wrong and shoot it down for not fitting the setting (Which only seems to happen in mish mash settings???).

3. So by demolish buildings you mean something that would do it instantly? Alright, that actually helps clarify a lot.

Honestly, I don't really need everything detailed (Not that it hurts), but the way stuff was worded in this thread and the rules thread made it seem like there were tight restrictions on things.

Edit: Oh, and what's this about a dice system? I'm really curious about that.
I am currently debating on actually setting hp points for the bosses, or just having an attack scale based on rolls of the die with 1 being the only thing that would call for a miss. Its a work in progress currently. It would be the first time I've employed dice in a text-based setting, but I've played with them once and it was very fun. I might increase the number to 10, but I will of course post the rules of engagement at the beginning of every battle where it is required.

If I can be brutally honest, as someone that enjoys tabletop games, if you don't have a clear idea of the odds you want or have no real way for the player to affect the outcome of the dice, you're probably better off without it.

If I can be brutally honest, as someone that enjoys tabletop games, if you don't have a clear idea of the odds you want or have no real way for the player to affect the outcome of the dice, you're probably better off without it.
Ah but I did not say I would leave it in the development stage. I said it was a work in progress, which will be ready when it is needed. Please don't assume I will not think things through.

It appears I have written a wall of text, and thereby apologize for those who have to read it. I only hope that it is an entertaining read.

I've added a little bit to the lore about the playable races, of course you can add to this, so don't worry if you don't see what you like written there.

Crocodile Crocodile The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit
Hello you two, we are in the process of putting up character sheets but I am only counting the first 10 that I approve, so there is still a chance to join. Even if you don't get in first round you can be put on a list to be notified when the first few people drop out (because there are always those) and you will get their slot.

All the links are at the very top of the page right in this thread.

Crocodile Crocodile The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit
Hello you two, we are in the process of putting up character sheets but I am only counting the first 10 that I approve, so there is still a chance to join. Even if you don't get in first round you can be put on a list to be notified when the first few people drop out (because there are always those) and you will get their slot.

All the links are at the very top of the page right in this thread.

Okay great! Thank you so much 😊 I’ll go ahead and fill out my character sheet once it’s all ready to go! If I’m not accepted, I would love to be notified in case someone drops out.

I have to say, I've been reading the sheets and they are all really well done. I am happy. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back