• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
S
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A modern fantasy set about the end times. Fight with angels, demons, gods and myths of all kinds in a battle for the fate of the world.

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
rain cityscape.jpg

Something's coming.” The shadows played across the man's long, lanky figure hidden under an old Burberry tan trench coat. His voice was laced with mild concern and he folded the newspaper in his hands, betraying his anxiousness.
Something's always coming.” Said his partner flatly, who was dressed in a darker, more modern wool coat, collar turned up against the drizzly, cold night. He was flipping through pages of something on his iphone, wondering why the old friend beside him was still clinging to a dying media.
It's different this time, and you know it. The signs are there but they're...wrong. Like someone has soaked them in blood or stuck them in front of a fun house mirror. Things are tainted...warped. We might need help or things could truly end this time.
Iphone stopped swiping. “Since when do we need help?
That earned a skeptical glance from Trench Coat. “Would you like the short list?
Okay fine, but we don't even know what this is. We don't know who we need. What sort of call would we put out?” He asked curtly.
Trench Coat considered this. “I'd say we make it as general as possible, open it to any spirit, hunter or exorcist that has their eyes open and isn't afraid of a little trouble.
Iphone made a face. “That sounds like the sort of thing that could make everything worse.
Or,” Trench Coat began, “it might just help us save the world.

The concept is a modern-day urban fantasy with a strong globetrotting/international element. The goal: prevent the apocalypse. It's happening too soon! And things are definitely off. The angels are worried and a call has been put out: Anyone with “eyes wide open”, that is to say, anyone savvy about the supernatural, has been called to help uncover which evil force wants to end all of mankind and stop them. The villains have permeated the highest levels of human society and we'll have to uncover the enemies, who have swaddled themselves deeply in mortal corruption, before we can defeat them.

Almost any supernatural being will be permitted as a playable character, the exceptions being vampires or werewolves, because I'm tired of them. You can draw from any culture or mythology. The interesting thing about a premature apocalypse: the crew downstairs might also disagree with it, making for some interesting team up potential.
Some brief examples of playable entities: angels, demons, djinn, orisha, heroes, tricksters and minor deities. Human demon hunters/exorcists/mages are also playable and very encouraged.
This will be a mature, detailed rp, so if your writing style is short posts and little to no character devo or cooperative interaction, then this rp is not for you.

Depending on the interest check response I will decide if/how to run this.
I want to offer a lot of freedom in the character devo but I will be strict about the power level of your character. There will be no OP characters here. That being said I love it when people take an interest in adding to the story and the lore, your input will always be appreciated.

So there we go! Reply if this is something you could really get behind. I'm fairly committed once I start a thread and I'm looking for people who are going to give this an earnest try.

sox sox Lioness075 Lioness075

NOTICE
You still have time to put up character sheets before I start reviewing them!
April 21st, 2019
Silent Rapture

Last edited:
A djinn character would be pretty cool. I might join in as one. Keyword: might. I have my hands quite full at the moment.

Sounds pretty cool though I gotta ask, what's the level of openness in the fantasy elements, so to speak? Is everything supernatural more or less integrated with the normal world living in hiding, or is there some sort of occult "side" where the fantasy elements can generally exist as they are and not deal with the mundane if they don't want to?

EDIT: and I guess asking the general style and tone the game's gonna be aiming for doesn't hurt either. Noir occult mystery and horror kinda like Hellblazer, something a bit more action-oriented but still relatively grounded, or something like Hellboy or even Devil May Cry where character action and feats are more of a thing?

Last edited:
Sounds pretty cool though I gotta ask, what's the level of openness in the fantasy elements, so to speak? Is everything supernatural more or less integrated with the normal world living in hiding, or is there some sort of occult "side" where the fantasy elements can generally exist as they are and not deal with the mundane if they don't want to?

EDIT: and I guess asking the general style and tone the game's gonna be aiming for doesn't hurt either. Noir occult mystery and horror kinda like Hellblazer, something a bit more action-oriented but still relatively grounded, or something like Hellboy or even Devil May Cry where character action and feats are more of a thing?
Good question.
So magic is generally hidden from most of the human world, either by glamour or by people being very careful. There are humans that can see, or have learned how to see and they will often be hunters or exorcists. As for the type of rp, I want to add a wide array of elements, so there will be a noir/mystery component and parts of each arc will be action-packed, creature-fighting, but your characters will always have to be careful they keep the magical realm and the damage they do hidden from mortal sight. I hope that answers your question.

Are you still accepting? I would love to be apart of this.
I will not cap it until I have 10 approved characters ready to go in my thread. I usually go by the first people to get the profiles up and who have adhered to the rules I set and been accepted. Helps me know who is serious.

I will not cap it until I have 10 approved characters ready to go in my thread. I usually go by the first people to get the profiles up and who have adhered to the rules I set and been accepted. Helps me know who is serious.

Awesome. Will there be a separate thread of CS ? Or do we post here?

There will be a separate thread coming, and for the main, ooc, lore etc. I definitely have enough interest to start this. I hope to get it up possibly by this weekend.
I’ll be out of town with no service this weekend. Do you mind if I send a CS in PM’s once I get it done? If you don’t mind sending me the skeleton CS you wish us to use, that would be great. I am just super interested and don’t wanna miss out cause of my schedule!

I’ll be out of town with no service this weekend. Do you mind if I send a CS in PM’s once I get it done? If you don’t mind sending me the skeleton CS you wish us to use, that would be great. I am just super interested and don’t wanna miss out cause of my schedule!
I want to get the lore and the rules up before people start making their characters and I will not be able to do that before the weekend. But don't worry, I will review your CS when you post it. You will have a chance to join even if you send the CS to me next week.

So I've got an idea! It might be a bit unusual but I'm thinking of utilizing aspects of Mexican Pop Culture for this...

Still! Interested!

Everyone, please feel free to talk about ideas and things here. In terms of characters I will allow pretty much anything that isn't a major deity as a playable character, the only thing I will regulate strictly is power-level. So let your creativity run wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back