• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I’m hope I made the cut off in time
Sweats profusely
In all honesty I've never had a better character post rate of higher than 50% of those who reply to the interest check. I don't think there is much to worry about.

I just hope people don't toss up a rushed character and then not post while people who are actually interested get turned away. Usually by the time it becomes obvious what happened, they would find something else to get invested in.
I always keep a list of those who have put up good characters and I monitor the post rate of involved players. I am usually strict about post rate at the beginning specifically to catch this problem. If someone gets in but fails to post for a week without telling me the reason, they are removed and the next approved character gets to take their place.

My Sun Wu Kong character is definitely a more relaxed and humorous type. He’s also a big flirt and does not care which gender he is flirting with. :P

I've noticed that and it does become quite annoying since I seem to miss out on everyone talking about their characters ._.
Is it still like this even after the revamp? Uuuuugh. Try un-watching and re-watching the thread maybe. It works sometimes. But everyone to said they are interested will get tagged when it goes up.

Is it still like this even after the revamp? Uuuuugh. Try un-watching and re-watching the thread maybe. It works sometimes. But everyone to said they are interested will get tagged when it goes up.
I did that and hopefully it fixes it and thank you

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot BlueJay1403 BlueJay1403 D d1uni5ys24si3o GStheGM GStheGM Feywild Feywild andujarprime andujarprime Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork Zerohex Zerohex FoldedPages FoldedPages Aloha Loha Aloha Loha Ennuis Ennuis Socio Socio KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe ; fantome ; fantome Sylvio Sylvio Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Gitmuny Gitmuny

Okay! I don't think I have ever had so much interest so quickly! This is great! Officially there will be 10 slots. That is, the first 10 people to have their character sheets approved by me will be part of the thread. If I come across a very motivated, active player who really wants in, and makes a great character, I will include them too, up to 2 more. I will monitor activity very carefully for the first few weeks and any accepted player who fails to post for 1 week after acceptance, without telling me the reason beforehand, will be removed and the next person who was accepted will take their place.

Please make sure you have read all the rules and the lore (there isn't really that much) as well as the CS guidelines before you post your CS.

I will be checking the activity every day (because I gm like that XD), but I only expect posts twice or three times a week on average from each player with a minimum of once per week.
You will have until next Friday to put up your characters before the start of the thread.
I'll get a discord up for the accepted players in the near future.

So!! Without Further ado:

- Humans are mortal, they can get hurt easily, they can get sick. If they get shot the recovery time is weeks unless wounds are minor or they have a healing supernatural character willing to heal them. They cannot jump from rooftops or dodge bullets. They. Are. Human.

I get where you're coming from but this kind of directly shuts out my stated character goal so I'm gonna imagine it's okay for PCs to contradict this if they're specifically focused on it as their special thing, like mythical heroes across cultures and any kind of warrior character in RPGs.

I get where you're coming from but this kind of directly shuts out my stated character goal so I'm gonna imagine it's okay for PCs to contradict this if they're specifically focused on it as their special thing, like mythical heroes across cultures and any kind of warrior character in RPGs.
There will be ways around it as I said before, through magical augmentations, charms or totems etc. But humans are humans. If they don't use magic they are very squishy and very mortal. Your character could also be a demi god. Those are allowed. Just read through all the stuff and afterwards come to me if you want to talk about work-arounds.

Sorry! I haven't been getting notifications for some reason. Do you want us to post directly to the character thread or send our CS in PM to be approved first?

SilverFlight SilverFlight
Well, what I was going for is the concept of a human overcoming human limitations without using overt sorcery actually, which is pretty normal across mythology and especially martial tales in Asia, as a thematic. The martial hero representing the very human ability to endure and grow to astonishing levels, much in the same way olympians regularly do things that seem absolutely impossible to the normal man or again like every physical attacker class in an RPG.

An easy example is Guan Yu being so badass he came to be legitimately worshipped as a war god to this day despite being a human person that existed with real historical records to his deeds, hell Lu Bu from the same period was clearly Guan's superior and he's not even deified. In western epics, Beowulf is not given as a demigod or magically aided, he is just so outstanding a man he could kill the monster Grendel without weapons or armor, stuff like that.

SilverFlight SilverFlight
Well, what I was going for is the concept of a human overcoming human limitations without using overt sorcery actually, which is pretty normal across mythology and especially martial tales in Asia, as a thematic. The martial hero representing the very human ability to endure and grow to astonishing levels, much in the same way olympians regularly do things that seem absolutely impossible to the normal man or again like every physical attacker class in an RPG.

An easy example is Guan Yu being so badass he came to be legitimately worshipped as a war god to this day despite being a human person that existed with real historical records to his deeds, hell Lu Bu from the same period was clearly Guan's superior and he's not even deified. In western epics, Beowulf is not given as a demigod or magically aided, he is just so outstanding a man he could kill the monster Grendel without weapons or armor, stuff like that.
We're going to have to compromise here. You understand I need the limitations to prevent OP characters and I do not commonly change the lore for one person. So let's say through rigorous training one can improve one's aura to the point where it can augment abilities, adding to strength and durability, but it would take years of dedication. You character would have to be experienced, which means they could not be like, 15, they wouldn't have many other skills, and your character will be subject to human weaknesses if their focus is broken in battle. It would be like a monk class in your standard rpg. Now, all that being laid out, your character would be helpful against big brutes like ogres and trolls etc, but they would likely be susceptible to magical enemies that cannot be countered with force. Is that all right for you?

This might be the first time I pull out a necromancer type profile 🤔 I’ve been itching to puppeteer the dead for a while now haha I may have some time to work on it tonight or tomorrow morning

So, I'm super interested.

Is it the first ten characters you get, or first ten players?

Definitely caught my interest. One of the more interesting game concepts that I've seen lately.

So, I'm super interested.

Is it the first ten characters you get, or first ten players?
First ten character sheets formally approved. ^^ Two more if some people really shine with their character sheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back