• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Just on the off chance that someone mentions wanting to play him, I will be using Sun Wu Kong as my character basis for this RP. :3

I am gonna do some manner of martial arts/fistfighting human who enjoys the thrill of taking on the supernatural. After all, Beowulf could slay Grendel unarmed and then there's Jacob grappling against an angel/Literally God for an entire night, so it's not exactly unheard of. I can do both western and eastern flavor since I've a solid grasp on martial arts so if we already have someone doing a chinese character I'll avoid being a kung fu man.

In Mexico there are great and legendary heroes, men who stand against the test of time, who exist among a great code of honor! All of whom are relegated to the code, even the most notorious of villains honor the sacred covenant. Some adopt an identity that will never end until a loss ending that chapter of their saga...

These are the men and women of Lucha Libre!

Yeah so I'm thinking an Angelic Power (specifically the division of 'Powers' - ie. angels who watch over the land to protect things and keep chaos at bay) who is a luchador, beloved by the children, the locker-room and generally anyone who isn't evil.

I am gonna do some manner of martial arts/fistfighting human who enjoys the thrill of taking on the supernatural. After all, Beowulf could slay Grendel unarmed and then there's Jacob grappling against an angel/Literally God for an entire night, so it's not exactly unheard of. I can do both western and eastern flavor since I've a solid grasp on martial arts so if we already have someone doing a chinese character I'll avoid being a kung fu man.
You can do a kung fu man if you want, but I did mention that I’ll be using Sun Wu Kong as my basis for my own character and he is heavily reliant on his staff as well as kung fu fighting. I don’t want to keep you from enjoying a kung fu character of your own, though.

You can do a kung fu man if you want, but I did mention that I’ll be using Sun Wu Kong as my basis for my own character and he is heavily reliant on his staff as well as kung fu fighting. I don’t want to keep you from enjoying a kung fu character of your own, though.

Nah it's all good, again, I'm pretty big into martial arts and general fight culture so I can just not do a chinese character and still have plenty to pick from.

In Mexico there are great and legendary heroes, men who stand against the test of time, who exist among a great code of honor! All of whom are relegated to the code, even the most notorious of villains honor the sacred covenant. Some adopt an identity that will never end until a loss ending that chapter of their saga...

Yeah so I'm thinking an Angelic Power (specifically the division of 'Powers' - ie. angels who watch over the land to protect things and keep chaos at bay) who is a luchador, beloved by the children, the locker-room and generally anyone who isn't evil.

Ha this sounds awesome, I love it. Like the old El Santo movies, where he fought mad scientists, monsters and any other sort of supervillain when he wasn't busy being Mexico's most popular pro wrestler.

We could definitely rock a more physical-based fighting style, maybe with a few magical strength enhancements to give him the super human edge.

I love this idea.

Nah it's all good, again, I'm pretty big into martial arts and general fight culture so I can just not do a chinese character and still have plenty to pick from.

Ha this sounds awesome, I love it. Like the old El Santo movies, where he fought mad scientists, monsters and any other sort of supervillain when he wasn't busy being Mexico's most popular pro wrestler.
I love this idea.

Heeeeey thanks! Glad to see the idea getting love. As for El Santo, the forever most famous and recognizable luchador (with like Blue Demon after), absolutely the vibe I’m going for. That sort of Golden Age of Hero valiantly fighting off villain with the high flying and technical Lucha Libre. Though unlike El Santo I haven’t imagined the guy as top star all the time. I was thinking more of say Toru Yano guy, someone who generally exists to make the other members of the roster really good and can pull off a win on other big stars if they aren’t careful. Cause an angel surely cares more about entertainment and helping others than insisting on a high spot, and only gonna win against his peers if they need to be taught a lesson and humbled a bit.

But yeah! Lucha Angel!

let me know if any spots open up!
There is equal opportunity for anyone interested to submit a character sheet once the page is up. I will take the first 10 characters that are accepted. So if you post a character first and have read the rules I will put up, you have a good chance of being accepted.

Generally for everyone: I do it like this so the ones who are the most interested (likely the ones who get their CS up first) will have the best chance at being part of the rp. If you post in this thread that you are definitely interested, you will be tagged when I put the thread up, so you will know when you can start posting them.

I can understand that thinking but it would suck to be rejected because you were number 11. ( If by chance, everyone was accepted ) I'm really
interested and hopefully I'll make the cut in time! I work full time so there are times when I'm just way too exhausted to get online. Please tag
me
when the CS thread is made. Thank you! This idea sounds so fun. cx

Last edited:
I can understand that thinking but it would suck to be rejected because you were number 11. ( If by chance, everyone was accepted ) I'm really
interested and hopefully I'll make the cut in time! I work full time so there are times when I'm just way too exhausted to get online. Please tag
me
when the CS thread is made. Thank you! This idea sounds so fun. cx
If I do come across a very motivated, enthusiastic player with a good CS I will not turn them away.

I just hope people don't toss up a rushed character and then not post while people who are actually interested get turned away. Usually by the time it becomes obvious what happened, they would find something else to get invested in.

Or there's those cases where people very clearly recycle a character wholesale with minimal adjustments to sort of kinda make it work for the game so of course they can post it within the hour. I understand the logic behind wanting to make it an equal opportunity thing but there's just no way around these issues.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Silver is fair in judging characters of worth for her RPs. ^^

Or there's those cases where people very clearly recycle a character wholesale with minimal adjustments to sort of kinda make it work for the game so of course they can post it within the hour. I understand the logic behind wanting to make it an equal opportunity thing but there's just no way around these issues.
Yeah, that's really bad here, I've seen plenty of people bragging about doing that.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Silver is fair in judging characters of worth for her RPs. ^^
It's not just a concern about characters, it's a concern about players.

It's not just a concern about characters, it's a concern about players.
I understand this and still stand by what I said in relation to the players as well. ^^

Yep yep. Silver is very thorough when looking over CS and ensuring rules are read. Very thorough, and honestly very fair. This rp will be a great adventure I can’t wait

Right also I've got a character concept down I think. Last in a long line of japanese exorcist monks who grew up a dirt poor country boy, living in a scary ass temple and ostracized by most normal people, so he fell in with a bad crowd and ended up becoming a yakuza with a sense of honor who punches out critters for money...either that or he's an adventurous juvenile delinquent to play a more lighthearted tone that might fit better with a luchador angel.

Right also I've got a character concept down I think. Last in a long line of japanese exorcist monks who grew up a dirt poor country boy, living in a scary ass temple and ostracized by most normal people, so he fell in with a bad crowd and ended up becoming a yakuza with a sense of honor who punches out critters for money...either that or he's an adventurous juvenile delinquent to play a more lighthearted tone that might fit better with a luchador angel.
Both of those sound good, I could see the Exorcist Yakuza working as a solid straight man to some of the goofier concepts.

Phew. I'm a bit late to the party. I'd definitely be interested as well and actually already have an idea in mind! Would love a tag for the CS and rules when they go up if possible. I'll be on vacation this weekend, but I'll try to stay updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back