• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Silent Hill

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
Greetings,

Edit: As the title suggest, the roleplay I'm proposing is a silent hill roleplay. You don't have to be knowledgeable of the series to participate, as when and if I do the actual roleplay I'll go into enough detail for anyone to catch on.

Here is the premise: It's 1999. A group of characters find themselves in the streets of Silent Hill, each with scarred pasts. Some may know each other, others could be strangers. Each character has their own, private reason for being there, unknown to any of the other characters. Their pasts dictate the present, and even will influence the future of the story.

All of these characters will have to work together if they wish to survive, and maybe even escape. They will be guided by a man's voice behind an intercom (Played by me, of course), who sits in a security room, somewhere in the town, with an eagle-eye view over the majority of the town due to street cameras. This man is knowledgeable of the town and its current events, and what must be done in order to escape.

The various tasks your characters are given will not be easy. Many obstacles stand in the way, as well as fowl creatures and....unpleasant locals. Constant shifts between a world covered by fog, and another that could almost be called hell will torment characters, and give constant conflict to the plot. Make every decision, action, and breath count as everything will have a consequence in Silent Hill.

Interested? Questions? Let me know.

Last edited:
I was 9 at the time, when the games first came out on ps1 and this was before the highspeed internet boom. Unfortunately my only experience is with the movie and even that is kind of fuzzy for me. It was a bunch of ghosts, goblins, and jump scares that wasn't very memorable.The premise sounds interesting as a supernatural survival plot combined with a jigsaw type of villain,but I wouldn't get any of the silent hill references. The only way I could express interest is if Not knowing anything about silent hill would make this a much richer experience.

but that's assuming you'd have a total newbskillet along for the ride.

Actually, I was just about to post that you don't need to know a good detail about the Franchise to join. I'll be writing and explaining pretty much everything just because I like to be that detailed.

If anything not knowing about the franchise would probably make the experience better, as you don't know what ot fully expect!

Actually, I was just about to post that you don't need to know a good detail about the Franchise to join. I'll be writing and explaining pretty much everything just because I like to be that detailed.

If anything not knowing about the franchise would probably make the experience better, as you don't know what ot fully expect!
Sounds really cool then! I've been itching for something spooky and mysterious,but I feel like an rp would do a much better job of hiding the cliches I usually spot in games and movies. But speaking of games, didn't you have to fight monsters? rp fighting can be a bit, anti climatic, so i was wondering how that would work here. Like would we be going mostly cold turkey like in outlast and amnesia? Relying on our wits and a bit of luck to survive? Or would there be some sort of combat system that helped reinforce the survival aspect of the rp?

Combat I have no big plans for at the moment. There will be some in the roleplay, however it is heavily discouraged due to the danger of the monsters/people, the fact that it will give away your position, etc. It's not necessary. Enemies can be outsmarted, avoided, or sneaked past.

I plan on making it a pretty simple system, as not everything can be killed by bullets, or stabbing. This means that to shoot something, all you simply need to do is say your character shot at it. Everything has a consequence though, and the enemies are not at all forgiving. If you all would like, I could put in a % chance system (So things like item condition, level of fear, etc, would raise or lower your chances of hitting. The enemies probably would have the same)

Combat I have no big plans for at the moment. There will be some in the roleplay, however it is heavily discouraged due to the danger of the monsters/people, the fact that it will give away your position, etc. It's not necessary. Enemies can be outsmarted, avoided, or sneaked past.

I plan on making it a pretty simple system, as not everything can be killed by bullets, or stabbing. This means that to shoot something, all you simply need to do is say your character shot at it. Everything has a consequence though, and the enemies are not at all forgiving. If you all would like, I could put in a % chance system (So things like item condition, level of fear, etc, would raise or lower your chances of hitting. The enemies probably would have the same)
That actually sounds good one way or another. The simple fact that fighting a monster may draw the attention of others is cool in itself. I'll be waiting for this to start up :3

I'm very interested in this. However, whether or not I can join depends on how fast posting will be. I can maybe do one or two on a good day, but if everyone else is able to post more quickly, I don't want to hold people down.

Pacing/post frequency I'm not too picky about. My college schedule fluctuates daily so there I days I may only be able to get one or two posts in as well. Most of my roleplays tend to go at that pace so I think it will be fine, unless other plays specify they want more posts.

Definitely interested. Horroresque games are always fun. ^^

Greetings,

Edit: As the title suggest, the roleplay I'm proposing is a silent hill roleplay. You don't have to be knowledgeable of the series to participate, as when and if I do the actual roleplay I'll go into enough detail for anyone to catch on.

Here is the premise: It's 1999. A group of characters find themselves in the streets of Silent Hill, each with scarred pasts. Some may know each other, others could be strangers. Each character has their own, private reason for being there, unknown to any of the other characters. Their pasts dictate the present, and even will influence the future of the story.

All of these characters will have to work together if they wish to survive, and maybe even escape. They will be guided by a man's voice behind an intercom (Played by me, of course), who sits in a security room, somewhere in the town, with an eagle-eye view over the majority of the town due to street cameras. This man is knowledgeable of the town and its current events, and what must be done in order to escape.

The various tasks your characters are given will not be easy. Many obstacles stand in the way, as well as fowl creatures and....unpleasant locals. Constant shifts between a world covered by fog, and another that could almost be called hell will torment characters, and give constant conflict to the plot. Make every decision, action, and breath count as everything will have a consequence in Silent Hill.

Interested? Questions? Let me know.
Never played, but with the story and details, Ill gladly join if this becomes a thing!

Glad to hear all of the support!

I'll probably have the RP up in a few days, give or take.

Link will be posted here ;)

OH LOOK EVERYONE I DID A THING!

I have the roleplay set up enough for you all to start making characters!

Silent Hill (Open)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back