• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Silent Hill: A Horror Roleplay

Gilzar

Bear With Me Here ?
Administrator
Greetings,

Before I begin I'd like to make an important note: You do not have to have played/watched anything Silent Hill to join the RP. It's set up for everyone to enjoy.

Silent Hill is a horror roleplay. As the name suggests, it takes place in the town of Silent Hill. For those who do not know, Silent Hill is a small New-England town with a haunted past. At first glance, it looks like just any other town, but this could not be farther from the truth. This town contains what could be described as an alternate reality, a completely different realm/world separate to our very own. Not everyone enters it, in fact most just simply drive into the town and go about their day. But those who do find themselves stuck in what could only be described as a nightmare: A town that is in complete ruin, draped in a dense fog and covered in ash. Horrifying creatures lurk the streets, and mysterious forces dictate everyone's fate.

Now that you have a basic background, here's the roleplay premise: It's 1999. A group of characters find themselves in the streets of Silent Hill, each with scarred pasts. Some may know each other, others could be strangers. Each character has their own, private reason for being there, unknown to any of the other characters. Their pasts dictate the present, and even will influence the future of the story.

All of these characters will have their own stats and skills to help them through the roleplay. A dice system will also be used for the various challenges presented in the roleplay, such as combat, stealth, persuasion, and many other things. Players will have to work together if they wish to survive, and maybe even escape. They will be guided by a man's voice behind an intercom (Played by me, of course), who sits in a security room, somewhere in the town, with an eagle-eye view over the majority of the town due to street cameras. This man is knowledgeable of the town and its current events, and what must be done in order to escape.

The various tasks your characters are given will not be easy. Many obstacles stand in the way, as well as fowl creatures and....unpleasant locals. Constant shifts between a world covered by fog, and another that could almost be called hell will torment characters, and give constant conflict to the plot. Under the constant tourment their lives and even their sanity well be tested. So make every decision, action, and breath count as everything will have a consequence in Silent Hill.

Interested? Questions? Let me know!

Glad to hear the people are interested! Does anyone have any questions?

OppositeInverse OppositeInverse

I certainly can! So the dice system isn't going to be anything too complicated. It will involve a single d100 dice that will be rolled for challenges such as combat, persuasion, etc. Characters will have stats for various skills that will help them with their rolls. So for example, someone with a combat skill of 40 would add 40 to their combat roll. Does that help?

hiding_in_yourcloset hiding_in_yourcloset

I'm planning on trying to get the roleplay up sometime tonight or tomorrow. My schedule right now is pretty tight.

I certainly can! So the dice system isn't going to be anything too complicated. It will involve a single d100 dice that will be rolled for challenges such as combat, persuasion, etc. Characters will have stats for various skills that will help them with their rolls. So for example, someone with a combat skill of 40 would add 40 to their combat roll. Does that help?

hiding_in_yourcloset hiding_in_yourcloset

I'm planning on trying to get the roleplay up sometime tonight or tomorrow. My schedule right now is pretty tight.
So what all stats will there be? Just to start brainstorming a character

So right now the major stats will be....

Combat (How good you are at fighting)

Scavenging (How effective you are at searching rooms for supplies)

Stealth (How effective you are at sneaking)

Investigative (How effective you are at questioning and putting things together)

First Aid (How well you can heal yourself and others)

Speech (How well you can persuade/lie)

Physical Fortitude (How well you resist physical damage)

Mental Fortitude (How well you resist mental damage, like fear or trauma)

Let me know if you think I'm missing anything!

This sounds so COOL! though its been a while since I played D&D so I may need some help setting up my character but im so interested if thats not an issue?

This sounds so COOL! though its been a while since I played D&D so I may need some help setting up my character but im so interested if thats not an issue?

I promise the sheet won't be a complex DnD character sheet. I want to keep it as simple as possible for both our sakes!

I promise the sheet won't be a complex DnD character sheet. I want to keep it as simple as possible for both our sakes!
Ok haha either way I may need some help but I would love to do this! Do our characters have a theme or can it just be anyone?

It can be anyone. The only 'theme' per say with silent hill is that characters tend to have either dark or unresolved pasts, that lure them to silent hill. I'll go into a bit more detail in the character sheet section, but that's really the only 'theme' per say, otherwise get creative!

It can be anyone. The only 'theme' per say with silent hill is that characters tend to have either dark or unresolved pasts, that lure them to silent hill. I'll go into a bit more detail in the character sheet section, but that's really the only 'theme' per say, otherwise get creative!
Then I CANNOT wait! I hope this follows through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back