• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic old thread

Lore
Here
Other
Here
eee loving everyone's characters so far!! I just finished yeon-woo's (the veteran) cs so feel free to take a look. a titbit of lore in there too hehe.

Waiting for your boy too, mango!

Also, chief? The Veteran looks incredible. Would be an awesome character in any military-esque roleplay and would be great to rp against her in this one!

hope you're all doing well, it's good to see a lot of you again -
very torn between a few different roles rn! contemplating big time

oh all the characters look wonderfully sexyโ€”as per usual! i may or may not be refurbishing my entire CS (all 3000+ words); because perfectionism never rests. so i'll hopefully get a WIP up tomorrow

hello hello. hope i didn't interrupt, just wanted to do some writing for this idea that i'm very much into. it's quite late where i am, so i'll work some more on my character tomorrow! (:

AAAA i'm almost (?) done with clarice, classes just started for me, but i think i she'll be finished by wednesday!!

Iโ€™ll start looking over the apps soon and begin selecting the final crew in the coming day!! Iโ€™m guessing most of you arenโ€™t from australia so Iโ€™ll give you a little extra time. if you need an extension let me know!

virgil is up!! i've been super busy this week so i've not had nearly as much time as i wanted to update his cs, ergo i've just rehashed his old cs; a few sections have been updated, though, so apologies if the differing writing styles are jarring asjdksjk

heyy, idiot idiot i hope you don't mind that i have some questions to ask before i finish up my character's cs.

1. are truancy laws still enforced on the space stations or would a student be allowed to have extended absences if their parent's professions demanded it? for reference, i was planning on having my guy's parents manning a deep space salvage ship that requires them to be off-station for long periods of time. i was also planning on them temporarily residing on the station when he was born. would he be forced to remain on station to complete his education or would he be allowed to go with them on their trips?
2. on that note, would it be possible to complete pilot training without a high school diploma?

for bounty hunting as a profession, i was wondering if my interpretation is close to what your intention for it is. if anything i'm suggesting needs adjustment or if you already have an idea for what you want it to be, i'd be happy to hear it.

i was thinking of bounty hunters as operating closely with the snf, or at least being commissioned by the snf, to arrest fugitives that have fled to areas that would be financially and/or strategically unwise to send actual police squadrons. so it's like a combination of real life bail recovery agent (in terms of civil contracting between an agency/federation and a bounty hunter) and stereotypical wild west (in terms of tracking down actual fugitives and not just people who skip bail). wanted criminals do have their rewards posted publicly for any bounty hunter interested, but the snf does have cases where they will specifically contact a bounty hunter to arrest a fugitive.

in that case, would the mhc agree to have a bounty hunter working for the snf in their crew? or would he have to be vague about his reasoning to enlist besides being security detail?

thank you for reading all this lol i just want to double check with you that i won't be breaking or bending lord too much

heyy, idiot idiot i hope you don't mind that i have some questions to ask before i finish up my character's cs.
1. are truancy laws still enforced on the space stations or would a student be allowed to have extended absences if their parent's professions demanded it? for reference, i was planning on having my guy's parents manning a deep space salvage ship that requires them to be off-station for long periods of time. i was also planning on them temporarily residing on the station when he was born. would he be forced to remain on station to complete his education or would he be allowed to go with them on their trips?
2. on that note, would it be possible to complete pilot training without a high school diploma?

for bounty hunting as a profession, i was wondering if my interpretation is close to what your intention for it is. if anything i'm suggesting needs adjustment or if you already have an idea for what you want it to be, i'd be happy to hear it.

i was thinking of bounty hunters as operating closely with the snf, or at least being commissioned by the snf, to arrest fugitives that have fled to areas that would be financially and/or strategically unwise to send actual police squadrons. so it's like a combination of real life bail recovery agent (in terms of civil contracting between an agency/federation and a bounty hunter) and stereotypical wild west (in terms of tracking down actual fugitives and not just people who skip bail). wanted criminals do have their rewards posted publicly for any bounty hunter interested, but the snf does have cases where they will specifically contact a bounty hunter to arrest a fugitive.

in that case, would the mhc agree to have a bounty hunter working for the snf in their crew? or would he have to be vague about his reasoning to enlist besides being security detail?

thank you for reading all this lol i just want to double check with you that i won't be breaking or bending lord too much

excellent questions and sorry for not answering sooner was at work!

so in terms of education, space stations donโ€™t take it too seriously. work and productivity are more important to them. consider it more of a daycare if anything where they learn basic concepts until they are old enough to follow in their parents footsteps. so children will most likely start โ€œinterningโ€œ/training in whatever their parents expertise is and stop attending school. there is exceptions of course (e.g., griff couldnโ€™t be an engineer and instead joined mhc or the unemployed who โ€liveโ€ in the alleyways). so yeah, your character is more than likely able to avoid school if he is working alongside his parents - if anything itโ€™s encouraged. everyone needs to earn their keep!

you explained it perfectly in terms of bounty hunting!! they do work under snf but they are not held to the same rules and regulations as police and military personnel. the snf make this clear that they are their own entities to avoid any backlash and paperwork. usually meaning there are loopholes and ways to bend the rules. dead or alive and the condition of the bounty being one of them (unless specified).

details surrounding the specific bounty that the bounty hunter is chasing will be revealed soon!

EDIT: oops so yes you could definitely complete pilot training without a high school diploma (maybe not if you're born and raised on earth).

EDIT EDIT: clearly i didn't read this properly on the bus but YES, they wouldn't be thrilled since they have some ownership to snf but they aren't going to say no to someone who can handle a gun. plus the last thing they want is a fugitive aboard their ship.

Last edited:
200w.gif

fnially posted my WIP CS for my astrophycisit boy, i promise to give all the readin time n' love to all of your amazing CSes in the next few days but for now-----

i will pass away

also woodkid is the fucking shit holy shit

excellent questions and sorry for not answering sooner was at work!

so in terms of education, space stations donโ€™t take it too seriously. work and productivity are more important to them. consider it more of a daycare if anything where they learn basic concepts until they are old enough to follow in their parents footsteps. so children will most likely start โ€œinterningโ€œ/training in whatever their parents expertise is and stop attending school. there is exceptions of course (e.g., griff couldnโ€™t be an engineer and instead joined mhc or the unemployed who โ€liveโ€ in the alleyways). so yeah, your character is more than likely able to avoid school if he is working alongside his parents - if anything itโ€™s encouraged. everyone needs to earn their keep!

you explained it perfectly in terms of bounty hunting!! they do work under snf but they are not held to the same rules and regulations as police and military personnel. the snf make this clear that they are their own entities to avoid any backlash and paperwork. usually meaning there are loopholes and ways to bend the rules. dead or alive and the condition of the bounty being one of them (unless specified).

details surrounding the specific bounty that the bounty hunter is chasing will be revealed soon!

EDIT: oops so yes you could definitely complete pilot training without a high school diploma (maybe not if you're born and raised on earth).

EDIT EDIT: clearly i didn't read this properly on the bus but YES, they wouldn't be thrilled since they have some ownership to snf but they aren't going to say no to someone who can handle a gun. plus the last thing they want is a fugitive aboard their ship.
ahhhh okay sounds great!! thank you for answering my questions. cant wait to learn more about the bounty, it sounds so intriguing lmao. i'll try to get my CS done as soon as possible, hopefully by the end of the day.

ok doke, i had a change of mind and redone the whole character concept, though retained some of the descriptions i thought would still work. plus i wrote her history, and although im most likely gonna go back and change some stuff, or add some more stuff, for now im more or less finished! not a very dramatic past, but that'll make her experiences from this point forward more interesting lmao.

Iโ€™ll be having a look tomorrow after work at the apps so that gives everyone roughly around 26 hours or so to finish up! :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back