• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic old thread.

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
me to myself: please for the love of god write a new oc and don't reuse like u normally do
anyway i'm reusing an old character please clap
god i wish πŸ˜” my brain can’t dissociate my characters from the rp they were originally created; if i have to change anything, it just doesn't feel like them. so time to spend more countless hours coming up with someone new hehe

me to myself: please for the love of god write a new oc and don't reuse like u normally do
anyway i'm reusing an old character please clap
if i was picasso i'd revisit my art too πŸ™„

god i wish πŸ˜” my brain can’t dissociate my characters from the rp they were originally created; if i have to change anything, it just doesn't feel like them. so time to spend more countless hours coming up with someone new hehe
god literally same.... but i'm still so so SO excited to do my app for this

Hey, ThatNewGuy, the little UNSC placeholder card you used looks insanely good. How did you do that? And, more importantly, how can I do that?

feel this on a spiritual level. only ever used an existing character ONCE for another roleplay...and probably never again. plus I love making characters!

NEW LORE.

I'll probably try adding more when I get the chance, but for now, here is something that is relevant to the captain's backstory. I might even make a lore thread to collate everything. If you have any ideas for lore (companies, events, laws, etc.), hit me up! I'm happy to accommodate for you guys but remember this doesn't mean your character could be accepted so please consider this (or the relevant lore you suggest).

the second earth rebellion (2149): overpopulation is still of major concern and with the terraforming that has made kepler-62f, now livable, has also created heated debates to who should live there. currently, second earth is only inhabited by the elite and wealthy (plus relevant workers and sometimes their families), which allows for plenty of space and massive properties for said inhabitants. therefore, people suffering from the effects of overpopulation wonder why second earth isn't more accessible for everyone which has led to small riots and rebellions. however, a large scale rebellion was infamously led in 2149 by an organised group known as the "forgotten one's salvation" (FOS). several ships made their way through second earth's security and began a coordinated attack on residents and it's private military. ultimately, aegis intelligence limited was able to fight off the group but not until 73 people died (16 second earth citizens, 34 rebel soldiers and 23 private military soldiers). the FOS group is still a relevant threat and members of said group are considered enemies to SNF. a highly-skilled task-force was created to dismantle the group, which was previously led by seargent chapman but has been forced on leave for misconduct. in terms of second earth, security has been bolstered and reworked which makes it almost impossible to enter without relevant paperwork.

i’m trying to rewrite genesis’s backstory to fit this, and i thought i had it somewhat figured out, but now that you bring up a rebellion, that might change things a bit πŸ‘€

That brings up a question I have. How active would the military be? Like, asides from the battle you described, have their been any other wars or battles in the past few years? Asking because my pilot mght have flown for the military or some private armies somewhere along the line.

Last edited:
Quick list of questions:
1) Technology: would it make sense for my soldiers to be versed in using (and own as part of their gear?) some sort of exo- or mech- suits? Vague references in the spoiler. Or do they just have gear similar to Prometheus?
Exo (in the middle of the vid)

Mech (but smaller perhaps?)

2) Weaponry: would there be any new, special type of weapon? Directed-energy weapons?

3) Cybernetics: could you tell us more about them?

4) Just to make sure, so far humans made zero contact with sentient extraterrestrial life forms, correct? Just alien flora and fauna?

Togy Togy ThatNewGuy ThatNewGuy ill get to answering those questions when I’m at my computer!

A LORE PAGE...?

if you would like to see a work in progress, here is the lore page I've started filling out! will link it properly when it's finished. should be done in the next few days!
That brings up a question I have. How active would the military be? Like, asides from the battle you described, have their been any other wars or battles in the past few years? Asking because my pilot mght have flown for the military or some private armies somewhere along the line.
great question! the militaries on earth are quite active with plenty of threats, considering how downhill everything is becoming. in terms of space, the militaries are mainly there for needed support for intergalactic police officers. there have been a few other wars/battles (or at least I'm planning on it)! this excerpt from the lore may help: Alike driving a car, a space license is required to pilot a spaceship, which isn't as simple as it sounds. Prospective pilots must complete mandatory training through the Space Nation Federation's program before being considered space-worthy. The SNF flags high-scoring prospective pilots and may offer them a permanent position within their army.

Quick list of questions:
1) Technology: would it make sense for my soldiers to be versed in using (and own as part of their gear?) some sort of exo- or mech- suits? Vague references in the spoiler. Or do they just have gear similar to Prometheus?
Exo (in the middle of the vid)

Mech (but smaller perhaps?)

2) Weaponry: would there be any new, special type of weapon? Directed-energy weapons?

3) Cybernetics: could you tell us more about them?

4) Just to make sure, so far humans made zero contact with sentient extraterrestrial life forms, correct? Just alien flora and fauna?

1. so I just addressed this in the lore so exoskeletons are common among soldiers and physical labourers! mechs are more exclusive to physical labour, with them being used as an alternative to forklifts and such.

2. here if an excerpt from the lore I'm collating: While technology companies have mainly focused on manufacturing and advancing spaceships, some companies have dabbled into cybernetics. The first set of cybernetics revolved around functioning limbs to replace missing ones. These could be modified to the user's desire and outfitted with tools and accessories (if they have the funds that is). For example, a welder who lost his arm in a freak accident was reimbursed with a cybernetic limb equipped with a functioning blowtorch. More neural cybernetics have started testing but there are no legal ones currently available on the market. Rumours have spread that Japan has a prototype that allows for the eye to zoom in out and out, capture footage and even see in the dark.

3. mm! I need to still write about this but mainly the same sort of stuff, probably sleeker guns but I do see charged-electricity weapons being a thing! for now, not too sure! if you have ideas, please hit me up!

4. no! scientists have definitely found alien flora and fauna. rumours are out there of course though!

A LORE PAGE...?

if you would like to see a work in progress, here is the lore page I've started filling out! will link it properly when it's finished. should be done in the next few days!

great question! the militaries on earth are quite active with plenty of threats, considering how downhill everything is becoming. in terms of space, the militaries are mainly there for needed support for intergalactic police officers. there have been a few other wars/battles (or at least I'm planning on it)! this excerpt from the lore may help: Alike driving a car, a space license is required to pilot a spaceship, which isn't as simple as it sounds. Prospective pilots must complete mandatory training through the Space Nation Federation's program before being considered space-worthy. The SNF flags high-scoring prospective pilots and may offer them a permanent position within their army.

1. so I just addressed this in the lore so exoskeletons are common among soldiers and physical labourers! mechs are more exclusive to physical labour, with them being used as an alternative to forklifts and such.

2. here if an excerpt from the lore I'm collating: While technology companies have mainly focused on manufacturing and advancing spaceships, some companies have dabbled into cybernetics. The first set of cybernetics revolved around functioning limbs to replace missing ones. These could be modified to the user's desire and outfitted with tools and accessories (if they have the funds that is). For example, a welder who lost his arm in a freak accident was reimbursed with a cybernetic limb equipped with a functioning blowtorch. More neural cybernetics have started testing but there are no legal ones currently available on the market. Rumours have spread that Japan has a prototype that allows for the eye to zoom in out and out, capture footage and even see in the dark.

3. mm! I need to still write about this but mainly the same sort of stuff, probably sleeker guns but I do see charged-electricity weapons being a thing! for now, not too sure! if you have ideas, please hit me up!

4. no! scientists have definitely found alien flora and fauna. rumours are out there of course though!
gosh can i just say i love this lore... literally a massive muse hit i'm so pumped for this

gosh can i just say i love this lore... literally a massive muse hit i'm so pumped for this
eee thank you! more will be coming soon! ;β€”)

I want to work on the life in 2152 section next, which should help you guys with fleshing out characters!

if i was picasso i'd revisit my art too πŸ™„

god literally same.... but i'm still so so SO excited to do my app for this
feel this on a spiritual level. only ever used an existing character ONCE for another roleplay...and probably never again. plus I love making characters!
oh FR, i am super super excited to see everyone’s characters!!! i have so many ideas for my old man virgil - i just can’t make my mind up about his role ajshjdk

he's so adorable uwu, i love him already!!
he’s 6’4” and almost 300 lbs and could body literally anyone but instead refers to every one younger than him as β€˜my child’ (in the most endearing way possible) and treats them as such πŸ₯°

he’s 6’4” and almost 300 lbs and could body literally anyone but instead refers to every one younger than him as β€˜my child’ (in the most endearing way possible) and treats them as such πŸ₯°
he will have many adopted children, the whole crew.

virgil and his 15 bastard children. love it

he will have many adopted children, the whole crew.
virgil and his 15 bastard children. love it
new role idea - the foster father; he doesn’t really do anything besides tell dad jokes when everyone is being killed, and reads bedtime stories to the crew

new role idea - the foster father; he doesn’t really do anything besides tell dad jokes when everyone is being killed, and reads bedtime stories to the crew
That IS the one!

Also I'm still undecided which role I'm going for. I could either go with my favorite mechanic who's an absolute babe or a new one for the crazy scientist vibe for the microbiologist. Ahhhh

idiot idiot quick question.. can earth-dwelling soldiers take place in the rebellion or is that reserved for members of the intergalactic force?? i am once again changing gen’s backstory because i am a silly goose-

idiot idiot quick question.. can earth-dwelling soldiers take place in the rebellion or is that reserved for members of the intergalactic force?? i am once again changing gen’s backstory because i am a silly goose-
mm! so most of the soldiers within earth are often kept separate from space (they can be transferred of course)! they aren't trained in space combat and have their hands full anyway with wars that are often raging among earth-dwellers! if you're referring exclusively to the rebellion on second earth; only aegis intelligence limited were responsible for fighting off the organised group! in terms of the task force, they do have soldiers/members residing on earth, investigating the threat since the organised group originated from earth! regardless, there are a number of dangerous groups on earth which keep soldiers busy! I'm going to be addressing this in more depth in the lore! I should hopefully have 'life in 2152' section done today (maybe after work!)

EDIT: Added 'life in 2152' about Earth, with the others coming when I get home!

Last edited:
That IS the one!

Also I'm still undecided which role I'm going for. I could either go with my favorite mechanic who's an absolute babe or a new one for the crazy scientist vibe for the microbiologist. Ahhhh
oh god tough choice, they both sound great - but a crazy scientist type sounds hella fun to write. i'm sure whatever you pick it'll be amazing!

the ss-azael's captain, chapman, is finally done! check out her cs when you get the chance! excited to see everyone's characters!!

I'll get to work on more lore soon, plus get started on other NPCs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back