PentagonWhite

Fun Killer
Name: Sieglinde Sargasso

Date of Birth (Age) : 0076 (23)

Home Planet: 2011 QF99, Uranus' only Trojan asteroid

Sex/Gender: Female

Appearance:

u2iQPNI.jpg

A woman of moderate height but stocky build, Captain Sargasso bears a regal disposition, and a matching bearing. Her voice is clipped, measured, authoritative, the sharp ringing alto of a blacksmith's hammer, and her tone carries with it the privileged veneer she works diligently to maintain. She has a somewhat androgynous figure, not helped by her penchant for the military uniform she dedicated her life to. She walks quickly, gestures harshly, and never breaks the supposed dignity her station requires in the sight of fellow officers, regardless of rank. She smiles at superior officers, glares at those who disappoint her, but is always ready to offer words of congratulations and small, meaningful gestures. She has a prosthetic left hand, which she lost in a training accident still in the academy, and has a slight limp which she does her best to keep a diligent secret, from the capture of the Gundam unit she now pilots.

Faction: Outer Sphere League, Four Horsemen (War), Sigma Cross

Personality: Sieglinde is a woman who lives and dies by her ideals. She was born as the embers of the war finally cooled to sable ash, as the scars finally closed and left no hope or progress to those stranded far from the sun. To her, there is nothing above the duty she has decided for herself, and nothing else to consider. She values order, obedience, predictability. The chaos of the war has left only misery and fear; she despises it. To her, work is her recreation: she hates to be idle, loves to be doing things, hates to waste her precious time. She fidgets, gets nervous, paces, becomes frustrated when lacking some sort of useful work towards her aims. In all cases, she is a terse woman, one who is sparing with her words. She feels emotions strongly, but makes small shows of them. She holds herself to impossible standards and persecutes herself when she fails to meet them. For her ambitions, she will not leave anything untested, but she has a sense of honor, she feels there is a right way of doing things. Impropriety is distasteful to her, she sees it as a crutch that those incapable of doing things the right way rely upon. She is judgmental, discriminatory, and ruthlessly protective. She lets few into her inner persona, and guards it fiercely. She values ambition, the improvement of the world, and is quick to respect those she sees worthy of the feeling regardless of their side of the battle lines. She thinks more of individual traits rather than individual ideas, the derivative of action rather than necessarily the action itself.

Biography: Born in one of the most remote areas of space, there were few prospects to Sieglinde's life. She had a large family who were employed mining bismuth, and as a child her future could be seen at the bottom of one of the dank, claustrophobic mineshafts. Her mother told her stories of her home, of the glittering lights of Saturn, and the hives of humanity that burrowed deep and soared high on the surface of far-off Earth. Her father was more fiercely loyal, whose father before him was a veteran of the Colonial War. He spoke of genocide, taxes, repression. She herself only craved opportunity. All of her siblings, all of whom towered over her in age and stature if not in wits, and neighbors with comparative advantages and less desperation, competed for the scholarships that would take the best and brightest to the academies on Uranus. She aimed for the best, for the military college nestled in the warm and spacious belly of Uranus' capital colony.

She excelled at the academy, she saw no other option. Entering a year early at 13, she quickly made cadet and worked her fingers to the bone, quite literally. A hand lost in a training exercise was a small price to pay for a medalist's place in the piloting registers. She applied herself in the social sciences and in history when she wasn't taking every course on Mobile Suit command and operation. Through this, she became deeply invested in the nascent Sigma Cross, a radical militarist authoritarian faction within the Outer Colonies military, reaching all the way to the highest echelons of the OSL command. In its doctrine of One System Government, of strong authoritarian leadership and a liberation of the inner planets from the tyranny and barbarism of their extant governments, she found a home, one she would give her life for. She fought, and fights, for the Idea, for a future for humanity and an end to violence and want.

She emerged from the academy a 2nd Lieutenant, and crept her way up through the ranks towards the gold insignia of Captain. As she did so, she accelerated her way into a leadership position in the second generation of Sigmas, taking a meteoric role as the shining star of the new crop of militarist leaders. She proved herself an extraordinary pilot of Mobile Suits, and so when the Sigma Cross decided to try and bring the soon-to-reemerge Four Horsemen into their para-governmental conspiracy, she was nominated as the pilot to go and replace their lost member, filling out their ranks for their return to the grand stage. Now, she fights for the horsemen with the goal of advancing the cause of the OSL and, by extension, the dream of a strong central government, unshackled by the barbarisms of the mob and able to lead Humanity out of their darkest age and unite them under one banner, into one utopia.

Mobile Suit Sheet

Designation: EMW-33 Gundam AraelHeight: 18.4mPower source: x2 Babel ReactorsArmour: Refined U-Carbon, Enhanced beam coatMisc equipment: Shroud emmiterWeapons: x2 60mm head vulcans, x1 shield pike shot, x2 beam kick sabers, x1 beam glaive

Last edited by a moderator:
idk maybe there's something wrong on your end like you accidentally disabled auto embed.

u2iQPNI.jpg

@PentagonWhite I just have one small nitpick about your CS. You mentioned her dad being a veteran of the Colonial War but that war started a good 102 years prior to the start of the RP. Maybe a grandfather instead? 

Other then that, lovely character. A strong lady as War is perfect for this kind of RP.

@PentagonWhite I just have one small nitpick about your CS. You mentioned her dad being a veteran of the Colonial War but that war started a good 102 years prior to the start of the RP. Maybe a grandfather instead? 

Other then that, lovely character. A strong lady as War is perfect for this kind of RP.

Ah, I knew trying to write flowery prose after working out would bite me in the ass. My intention was to have her father's father be a veteran. Her grandfather served and had a kid late in life. Her father then also had a kid late in life, and so she was born 60 years after the war. I figure, in the future, bigger generational gaps are reasonable: I want her to be fearful of war yet be fighting for her ideals: that strong sort of hypocrisy can always be good for a turn one way or another later down the line. Regardless, I will be tuning the text to make this more clear.

Ah, I knew trying to write flowery prose after working out would bite me in the ass. My intention was to have her father's father be a veteran. Her grandfather served and had a kid late in life. Her father then also had a kid late in life, and so she was born 60 years after the war. I figure, in the future, bigger generational gaps are reasonable: I want her to be fearful of war yet be fighting for her ideals: that strong sort of hypocrisy can always be good for a turn one way or another later down the line. Regardless, I will be tuning the text to make this more clear.

Ah. I see. I see. Carry on then, Pilot!

@PentagonWhite I think your math is off. 66 + 23 =/= 99 lol. Anyways, I'll accept it.

Ssssshhhhhhh! I totally was just trying to account for... uhh... a long time on relativistic vessels? Cryogenic sleep?

(Fixed. God, that's fucking embarrassing, thanks for pointing it out.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back