• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Sides

ParadoxiiNight

That awkward, sleep-deprived one
Hi, I have yet another question. Below I have a side, but I don't like how the side looks. Is there a way I can customise the border and do things like add a fixed background as you can with divs? Or should I be using a div for this? (I'm not even sure how to use a div in that way.)
Code:
[side=right][System] Milky Way
[Vector and Sub-Vector] 2FES, 1FS
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[Coordinates] 223.10114
[/side]

[System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[Coordinates] 223.10114

You'll have to use divs to make the side.

Code:
[div=float: right; display: block; position: relative; max-width: 100%; width: 350px; border: 3px solid skyblue; padding: 20px; margin: 20px]text[/div]

text
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. In aliquam sem fringilla ut. Nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare. Eu lobortis elementum nibh tellus. Ac tortor vitae purus faucibus ornare suspendisse. Aenean euismod elementum nisi quis eleifend quam adipiscing vitae proin. At lectus urna duis convallis. Nisl purus in mollis nunc. Nascetur ridiculus mus mauris vitae ultricies leo integer malesuada nunc. Volutpat commodo sed egestas egestas fringilla phasellus faucibus scelerisque eleifend. Condimentum mattis pellentesque id nibh. Euismod nisi porta lorem mollis aliquam ut porttitor leo a. Viverra suspendisse potenti nullam ac tortor vitae purus faucibus. Ac tincidunt vitae semper quis lectus.

There's one thing I haven't seen before in that; what is 'display' meant to do? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

No worries! Display is a property that a lot of people don't understand. It just determines how the content is displayed. Here, i set it so that regardless of how much text there is, or what kind of things are surrounding it, the div will always be displayed as one complete block

Okay... I think I have several problems that I can't figure out though. I did add what you have there, but there's something wrong with my bbcode and I can't figure out what it is. (Sorry about the big block of code and stuff) I can't seem to properly align each div. The top one is supposed to be in the centre and the second and third on the right and left respectively and the text in between. I had to widen the top one to make it look as though it is centred.

Nasheen 'Slip' Korak​

4 | Blind Fire

[System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[Coordinates] 223.10114

[/div]
[BPM] 90
[Blood pressure] 121/84
[Body Temp] 36.6
[Cortisol (mcg/dL)] 21.6

[Internal Threat Level (ITL)] Low
[External Threat Level (ETL)] Extreme
[Team Threat Level (TTL)] Extreme

The P90 was quite remarkable, thought Slip. It wasn't the biggest gun - not like the giant of a man and his 20mm - but it was large enough and far better than a standard-issue assault rifle. That, and it had a ludicrously high ammo count. She was only lucky that she was carrying everything at the time, as she had only recently been deployed on the small moon. Again, the irony of its name - Titan - hit her and she deadpanned. The sooner they were off the little rustbucket, the better. Or not, as she would likely be fighting aliens or space pirates on another lonely moon.

Code:
[centerblock=100][border=1px solid #F8F8FF][bg=#000000][font='Titillium Web'][size=15px][color=#F8F8FF][center]Nasheen 'Slip' Korak[/center][/color][/size][/font]
[div=background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; border:1px #F8F8FF solid; color:#F8F8FF; padding:1em; width:96%; text-align:center; center; margin:10px]
[center][size=150px][font='Press Start 2P']4 | Blind Fire[/font][/size][/center]

[/div]
[div=float; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; display:block; border:0.1px #F8F8FF solid; color:F8F8FF; padding:1em; right; max-width:90%; width:300px; margin:15px][font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF][System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[Coordinates] 223.10114[/color][/size][/font]
[/div]

[/div]
[div=float;background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; display:block; border:0.1px #F8F8FF solid; color:F8F8FF; padding:1em; left; max-width:90%; width:300px; margin:15px][font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF][BPM] 90
[Blood pressure] 121/84
[Body Temp] 36.6
[Cortisol (mcg/dL)] 21.6

[/color][/size][/font]
[/div]
[font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF]The P90 was quite remarkable, thought Slip. It wasn't the biggest gun - not like the giant of a man and his 20mm - but it was large enough and far better than a standard-issue assault rifle. That, and it had a ludicrously high ammo count. She was only lucky that she was carrying everything at the time, as she had only recently been deployed on the small moon. Again, the irony of its name - Titan - hit her and she deadpanned. The sooner they were off the little rustbucket, the better. Or not, as she would likely be fighting aliens or space pirates on another lonely moon.
[/bg][/border][/centerblock]

You accidentally separated float from its value "right" and "left."

I went ahead and added in clear:right and clear: left;. The only problem left is the break spaces, which can only really be solved by putting the divs end to end or by using nobr tag. I went ahead and did that in your code

Nasheen 'Slip' Korak​

4 | Blind Fire

[System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[Coordinates] 223.10114

[BPM] 90
[Blood pressure] 121/84
[Body Temp] 36.6
[Cortisol (mcg/dL)] 21.6

The P90 was quite remarkable, thought Slip. It wasn't the biggest gun - not like the giant of a man and his 20mm - but it was large enough and far better than a standard-issue assault rifle. That, and it had a ludicrously high ammo count. She was only lucky that she was carrying everything at the time, as she had only recently been deployed on the small moon. Again, the irony of its name - Titan - hit her and she deadpanned. The sooner they were off the little rustbucket, the better. Or not, as she would likely be fighting aliens or space pirates on another lonely moon.

Code:
[centerblock=100][border=1px solid #F8F8FF][bg=#000000; display: inline-block][font=Bellota][size=15px][color=#F8F8FF][center]Nasheen 'Slip' Korak[/center][/color][/size][/font]
[div=background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; border:1px #F8F8FF solid; color:#F8F8FF; padding:1em; width:96%; text-align:center; center; margin:10px]
[center][size=150px][font='Press Start 2P']4 | Blind Fire[/font][/size][/center]

[/div]
[div=float: right; clear: right; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; display:block; border:0.1px #F8F8FF solid; color:F8F8FF; padding:1em; max-width:90%; width:300px; margin:15px][font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF][System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[/div][div=float: left; clear: left; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; display:block; border:0.1px #F8F8FF solid; color:F8F8FF; padding:1em; max-width:90%; width:300px; margin:15px][font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF][BPM] 90
[Blood pressure] 121/84
[Body Temp] 36.6
[Cortisol (mcg/dL)] 21.6

[/color][/size][/font]
[/div]
[font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF]The P90 was quite remarkable, thought Slip. It wasn't the biggest gun - not like the giant of a man and his 20mm - but it was large enough and far better than a standard-issue assault rifle. That, and it had a ludicrously high ammo count. She was only lucky that she was carrying everything at the time, as she had only recently been deployed on the small moon. Again, the irony of its name - Titan - hit her and she deadpanned. The sooner they were off the little rustbucket, the better. Or not, as she would likely be fighting aliens or space pirates on another lonely moon.
[/bg][/border][/centerblock]

This solves my problem quite well, thank you for helping. I don't think I'm comfortable enough with divs yet to move onto learning more code, but thank you for mention the nobr tag. :)

Ah, and what does 'clear' do?

Ah sorry about this, ahaha. There is but one problem that was solved. I can't get the title div (the one with '4 | Blind Fire' in it) to centre. What am I doing wrong? I included the other boxes and text because as soon as I added in the other divs, the first one stopped centring properly.

Nasheen 'Slip' Korak​

4 | Blind Fire

[System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[Coordinates] 223.10114

[BPM] 90
[Blood pressure] 121/84
[Body Temp] 36.6
[Cortisol (mcg/dL)] 21.6

Code:
[centerblock=100][border=1px solid #F8F8FF][bg=#000000][font=Bellota][size=15px][color=#F8F8FF][center]Nasheen 'Slip' Korak[/center][/color][/size][/font]
[div=background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; border:1px #F8F8FF solid; color:#F8F8FF; padding:1em; width:70%; text-align:center; center; margin:10px]

[/div][div=float:right; clear:right; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; display:block; border:0.1px #F8F8FF solid; color:F8F8FF; padding:1em; max-width:90%; width:300px; margin:15px][font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF][System] Milky Way
[Stellar Body] Saturn
[Location] Titan
[/div][div=float:left; clear:left; background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/titan.42560/full')fixed; background-size:cover; display:block; border:0.1px #F8F8FF solid; color:F8F8FF; padding:1em; max-width:90%; width:300px; margin:15px][font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF][BPM] 90
[Blood pressure] 121/84
[Body Temp] 36.6
[Cortisol (mcg/dL)] 21.6

[/color][/size][/font]
[/div]
[font='Titillium Web'][size=17px][color=#F8F8FF]The P90 was quite remarkable, thought Slip. It wasn't the biggest gun - not like the giant of a man and his 20mm - but it was large enough and far better than a standard-issue assault rifle. That, and it had a ludicrously high ammo count. She was only lucky that she was carrying everything at the time, as she had only recently been deployed on the small moon. Again, the irony of its name - Titan - hit her and she deadpanned. The sooner they were off the little rustbucket, the better. Or not, as she would likely be fighting aliens or space pirates on another lonely moon.[/bg][/border][/centerblock]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back