• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sidereals - New Beginnings OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Are you sure you don't want to let Euphemia help? She can make your damage Aggravated and halve the enemy soak and DV for your attack. You could probably do a lot more than ping.

Do you have the motes to do that? I don't want to drain you dry and leave you without any means of defending yourself

Her resting Dodge DV is 20. She's designed to take almost no motes to defend herself unless the enemy is throwing out Perfect attacks so her mote pool is available to help you on offense. She's not very good at attacking herself. For her turn, she'll probably either heal the wounded Sidereal (assuming he doesn't recoil as Akuma when she touches him) or use social influence on the presumably-Akuma.

Ok, if it is not too late, I'd like to go ahead and do that. What is my new damage pool now?

I was only expecting to have one other surviving Sidereal, so part of her build actually involves marrying her partner to get an Overdrive pool that fills whenever she defends her partner and vice versa to generate even more motes for her partner to use on offense, plus being able to share health pools to help with tanking. Sidereal marriage comes with neat perks. Plus looking over the Lotus Massacre and declaring, "Our course is clear. We will simply have to get married," was just too Serenity to pass up.

It is a good thing that I have not planned on making this a straight up fighting game, but making you scheme and plot a lot.

Oh, damn. Sorry. The Charm was changed in the errata to grant the Piercing tag, which was also nerfed in the errata. It's now only -4 soak from armour, and I don't know if her armour is contributing to her Aggravated soak at all.

Hmm. Its ok. The Errata changed so many Charms, its hard to keep track of them all. This fight was one that was just to set the flavor of the game, and is not a 'boss fight' as it were, so we'll just keep the rolls as they happened, and leave you guys with one baddie down and just Dex left over.

Random Word Random Word , thank you for being honest about that. You are up. Does Euphemia wish to act, or hold?

Yeah, it is rare for people to own up to mistakes. Props to you, Random Word.

Alright, the long day is over just now catching up. And yeah, I don't think this will be the last time any of us fumbles on the complex weave of rules and errata. Just as an example, In hindsight I'm pretty sure there's a good chance I didn't count something correctly somewhere and it might've given Tien 1 lower PDV (1 lower defense), but nothing that couldn't have been corrected with a one die stunt or dropping another 2m on an excellency. I'm just now seeing this when trying to calculate total rate for unarmed attacks now.

I too have some questions and clarification on mechanics. If I recall correctly, the minimum speed for any Action is 3 right? I think between Five Jade Fury and the Perfect Mobility Stone Tien could reach speed 2, but again I was pretty sure they set the floor to 3 in the Errata.

Other than that, I think a relentless flurry may be enough to whittle this one down. Especially since all of Tien's attacks are considered unexpected. If necessary I can throw in a charm to ignore armor altogether, cause Snake style has way more damage utility than one might expect.

Also, ruling from Psychie Psychie , if I use Striking Serpent speed, it says roll Essence x 2 and use the successes as the number of actions to take in a turn. Would this benefit from Soul Fire Shaper form's +5 to Essence for charm conflicts? I'm personally leaning a little toward no since it's not an opposed roll. That said, SMAs have silly amounts of scope and throughput with how some of them work.

Psychie Psychie , if I use Striking Serpent speed, it says roll Essence x 2 and use the successes as the number of actions to take in a turn. Would this benefit from Soul Fire Shaper form's +5 to Essence for charm conflicts? I'm personally leaning a little toward no since it's not an opposed roll. That said, SMAs have silly amounts of scope and throughput with how some of them work.
It will only apply to effects of the same Martial Art. Just like the one SMA Charm that Sherwood has that makes all your Essence costs zero with the style. Otherwise this would just get too oogy.

Go ahead and resolve the rest of your actions. I hazard a guess you are going to eliminate Dex in short order.

Assuming I could theoretically activate supplemental charms on subsequent attacks, I'd like to gauge what his defenses look like and if a no mercy all in option is warranted.

Can I know what his applicable DV and Lethal Soak is to the first attack after penalties and piercing?

His base DV is 18 before he gets his penalties added in. After wound penalties and other minuses, it makes it a 14.

His soak is not from armor, and is 30.

I have a feeling that taking prisoners is not going to be an option.

Alright, so he's still got motes to burn to negate the unexpected factor and actually have a DV. Looks like the first one is a whiff then. The next attack will be a no mercy probe.

I also assume his Agg soak is 0, as there is no non-armor/natural Agg soak to my knowledge. So attack 2 will be very painful for him.

EDIT: Again, I make a lot of assumptions here and there. I don't know everything, so please do correct me when I'm wrong.

Unless he's got Optimistic Security Practice up. That does provide some Agg Soak to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back