• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Sidereals - New Beginnings OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Quick amendment. Euphemia is actually imperceptible to anyone inside fate. If she speaks to someone, they hear it as their own thoughts. She can also make social influence through her cousins as necessary. I'd say two of them are with her and one is overseeing her manses in Yu Shan.

She looks like the servant if anyone can perceive her (and if they can they go straight on the 'Suspected Enemies of Creation' list), and she seems supernaturally unimportant. If she takes a glass or a canapé it just seems to vanish from the tray. People avoid her as she walks without ever noticing they've walked around her.

I think I'll be able to post tonight, but I'd like a call to arms here. I currently don't know who I'm manipulating, or to what ends. Is my fated mission to ensure the party successfully assuages the fears of Lookshy as to a resurgent and expansionist Realm? Is there anyone specific I should be persuading, or should I make some people up? Should I bother doing it mechanically, or is this just an establishing shot where it's assumed we succeed?
Hmm. Sorry that I missed that about your character. I'll edit the intro post to make your role here more of an intelligence gathering one, trying to get a feel for Lookshy's response, and to covertly manipulate it away from a direct conflict with the Realm. No need for any direct die rolls yet, unless you want to do something more outlandish than just slip your way through the general officers and whisper in their ears.

It's a silly long list of Charms. Even I'm going to have trouble keeping track of what she can do.

She's a phenomenal social manipulator. The mission makes perfect sense. No one ever actually sees her work, though. She makes social influence rolls through other people present in the scene, or by whispering thoughts into susceptible ears. She has silly high social influence pools. I just wanted a few more details about her assignment here.

Just to double check; are you socially invisible to other Sidereals, too? I had planned on having your presence known to both Tien and Renna.

Yeah, that's a bit awkward. Rules as written even other Sidereals can't see each other when Walking Outside Fate. Either they would interact with her cousins, knowing she was there and speaking through them, or we house rule that actually Sidereals can see each other when outside fate.

Still working on an IC post amidst a busy season here. I'll get something out today one way or another.

Just a quick request for you guys: when in combat, please post the Speed of your actions. There are so many Charms on your sheets that can affect your Speed, there are too many for me to keep track of, and unless you say, "Hey, this is a Speed 3 attack," I'm going to assume it is a Speed 5 action.

My natural instinct is to use the scrying stone to watch the proceedings in Yu Shan from afar. I would expect Tien to presume in this instance that there's a strong possibility of a traitor inside the five score fellowship forging communications (if we're aware of the 3 murders) with such starkly conflicting and urgent missives back to back and Jupiter herself insinuating a trap.

How aware is Tien of Euphemia and Renna as fellow Sidereals? I know Euphemia is in quantum Arcane Fate mode, I assume remembering her existence is difficult to impossible when she's out of eyesight. If he can recognize them both he will attempt to convene with them to watch and discuss as events unfold.

Psychie house ruled that Sidereals of equal Essence or higher can see other Sidereals Walking Outside Fate, so you can see Euphemia just fine at the party. Arcane Fate applies as normal to Sidereals, so you can remember she exists.

My natural instinct is to use the scrying stone to watch the proceedings in Yu Shan from afar. I would expect Tien to presume in this instance that there's a strong possibility of a traitor inside the five score fellowship forging communications (if we're aware of the 3 murders) with such starkly conflicting and urgent missives back to back and Jupiter herself insinuating a trap.

How aware is Tien of Euphemia and Renna as fellow Sidereals? I know Euphemia is in quantum Arcane Fate mode, I assume remembering her existence is difficult to impossible when she's out of eyesight. If he can recognize them both he will attempt to convene with them to watch and discuss as events unfold.
Psychie house ruled that Sidereals of equal Essence or higher can see other Sidereals Walking Outside Fate, so you can see Euphemia just fine at the party. Arcane Fate applies as normal to Sidereals, so you can remember she exists.
Yes, you are aware of the three Sidereals getting killed in the Imperial City.

The three of you are aware of one another, in part to the sudden appearance of the message boxes. Also, Random Word is correct that you can see her. As far as Renna goes, you do recognize her current identity as one of her Resplendent Destinies, so you are all set.

Finally, does the scrying stone work between Creation and Yu-Shan? If it does, you are welcome to give it a go and see what happens.

I was aware of the house rule, but I was uncertain if there were lingering implications outside of perception, like recognition, or memory. The answer is evidently no. No broader implications of the Charm's use. Tien and Renna are basically not effected by it at all.

On another note...

SCRYING STONE (MANSE •••••) The bearer of this black stone can see visions of other times and places in its flat, highly polished surface—visions of the past, the present or the potential future. They either illuminate some aspect of what will happen or lend some understanding of the situation that the Exalt does not yet have. While every vision is a literal view of some real or potential event, the visions come without context or explanation: The bearer’s player must roll (Intelligence + Investigation) to decipher the visions; Excellencies can apply. As with the gem of omens, more successes indicate more extensive and precise knowledge—but the scrying stone can also provide information such as a view of an enemy’s face or a chance to watch a long-dead sorcerer cast a spell. (Such potent and precise information would require at least five successes, though.)

It's a Sidereal stone with no explicit limitation of creation. Maybe an implied limitation of Fate at worst. Either way, Tien can generate nearly 20 successes with no actual roll due to the fateful excellency.

Thank you. Ok, you can give the Scrying Stone a try. Just give me an IC post about it and I'll give you some info.

Rykon Rykon Just to let you know, I am going to put up some negative modifiers on the visions of the stone when looking out of the current realm you are in, including the Underworld or Autochthonia.

I'm just trying to formulate and IC post for Renna right now. Its just not coming together yet.

I've got a few more hours at the office and a couple errands afterwards. So my post will be later tonight.

Is it too late to change a few of my MA charms around? I'm thinking of swapping out my CMoS and Tiger Style to get a bunch of the Obsidian Shards of Infinity Style ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back