Side Story: The Tomb of Klydebern

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
Enuky Enuky Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

It had been.. perhaps three days now, since the Battle of Lumberjack transpired. Immediately after the Battle was over, the casualties counted, and the victory official, Klaus shoehorned Prudence, Yaro and Falamar into their vessel. There would be no more waiting. This had to be done now, the Doctor said. They could rest their tired bones on the ship, he said!

But now it had been three days since they set sail. Klaus didn't seem to sleep at all, manning the crow's nest in constant search of the island he sought. The weather, though cloudy, was consistently calm. It only rained once, and only for a few minutes.

Currently, it was dusk, the sun was about to set and give way to another dark blue night. Klaus had embarked down from the crow's nest, suspecting there may have been something he could eat. Before this, though, he called everyone up to the deck, for he had a way to pass the time until dinner and bed.

Once he had Prudence, Yaro, and Falamar gathered, the Doctor spoke.

"Okay everyone. It has been a long day, but as anyone with experience can tell us, sailing takes a long time. So, I have decided that I will tell you all a story. Ahem!" He cleared his throat, and took a deep breath.

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except maybe a mouse.

The magic wands were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Zombie Klaus soon would be there.

Prudence and Yaro were snug in their beds,
While visions of murder danced in their heads.
With Falamar in his 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
We had just settled down for a long winter's nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clamor,
I reached for my crossbow and pulled back the hammer.
Away to the window I flew without haste,
Tore open the shutters and began to lay waste!

The blood on the breast of the new-fallen dead,
Gave the luster of rubies, all glistening and red,
When, what to my wondering eyes should I see,
But a miniature sleigh pulled by filthy monkeys.

And then, as I stood with my mouth all agape,
I heard the moaning and gnawing of those damn dirty apes.

As I drew back the trigger, all set for the kill,
Down the chimney came Zombie Klaus -- ah, what a thrill!

He was wearing the flesh he tore from St. Nick,
And his clothes were all bloody, wouldn't you say, Rick?

A bundle of limbs poked out from his sack,
And he looked like a hobo, just having a snack.

His eyes were glazed over, his nose was not there!
His cheeks were half eaten, but he had not a care!
The drool from his mouth spilled onto the floor,
And the stench from his carcass, I simply adored!

The stump of a leg he held tight in his teeth,
And he wore some intestines on his head like a wreath.

He had sores on his face and a distended belly,
That shook when he moaned, like a bowl full of jelly.

He was deliciously gaunt, it made me giggle,
And I laughed and I laughed, I wet myself a little.

A wink of his eye as it "popped" from his head,
Oh how I love, the sexy undead!

He spoke not a word, and went straight for my heart,
As I leveled my mace and blew him apart!

On the floor lay his finger aside of his nose,
On the tree, like ornaments, were his teeth and his toes
And then in an instant, he sprang back to life,
I threw down the bludgeon and reached for my knife!

But up the chimney he went, as he gave me the finger!
"Nein!" I shouted "you must stay, you must linger!"

And I heard Zombie Klaus moan, as he flew out of sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-bite."
The doctor clapped happily, proud of this story he had thought of on the fly.

JOIN US
JOIN US

Last edited:
The Sea
- - -
Since taking her bow in Amberjack, Prudence had been at sea on a large vessell. Three days had passed since the battle in Amberjack, and she couldn't help but wonder what was going on in the Rose Kingdom. By now, they knew their little Rose Princess was dead, or so she believed.

She wanted to see the results of her actions, to see those vile monarchs mourn the loss of that stupid girl, but she was stuck at sea. She had done nothing but groan and complain since boarding the ship, as Prudence was never one to fair well on the water. Hot, tired, and sea sick, the young mother chose to stay hidden in her hammock cuddling with her Alfio.

When Klaus retrieved Prudence from her hiding place, she reluctantly climbed from the hammock and followed him, grumbling as she did so. She hoped this meant they were arriving at the island soon, but as they stepped onto the sunny deck Prudence noticed no land in sight. Falamar and Yaro were already on deck.

She sat down on the floor holding her Alfio and listened with a sour expression as Klaus told his story. When he finished, she snapped at him. "You dragged me out of bed to tell me this nonsense?! How much longer before we reach land. I can't take anymore of this!" she complained.

DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Only a few moments after Klaus finished his story, there was a scream from the cargo hold of the ship, which was cut off suddenly. Syncopated footsteps could be heard ascending the stairs to the deck of the ship; the owner was limping. When the man finally reached the top, his brown tunic was covered in wet blood--obviously not his own, because there was a lot--and he was trying to clean his knife with the driest part of it, failing rather miserably. Pausing to massage his heavily bruised hip, he muttered, "Troublesome," and finally looked up to realize he had an audience.

Eskel Ridley blinked, as if astounded that there were other passengers on the ship. He paused in his attempt to clean his murder weapon, tilted his head, studied everyone on deck. "Didn't expect anyone to be on deck at this time, have no idea why I overlooked that. Hm." The man's green eyes paused on Klaus, and he realised this was the absolute most perfect entrance he'd just made to impress his recent obsession. At this thought, Eskel grinned.

"You look like quite the masochist," he said to the doctor, running his thumb over his face in a gesture to mimic Klaus's Glasgow grin. "Where's the sob story behind that one, princess?" Without waiting for a response, the murderer turned to Prudence and bowed deeply, immediately taking a more formal tone he knew she would appreciate. It was easy to tell that the best way to get on the queen's good side was to flatter her. Of course, he wasn't about to announce he'd been, well, stalking them and trying to piece together their psyches for a few weeks before they'd left. Eskel hated going into a situation not knowing the people around him. Klaus was still a wild card, of course, but Eskel was patient.

"I apologize for my unannounced appearance, your majesty. I wasn't quite sure how to approach your group before you left, but I can tell you that I would be honored if you would let me accompany you. I must say, you have quite an adorable child, there; what is his name?" Hopefully that would be enough to distract her from the unhealthy (eheheh see what I did there, this is great) amounts of blood covering him.

Yaro had been staring off into space on the edge of the ship. His mind would trace back to the events of the battle.....Yaro he....he had killed his master....Yaro had felt sick ever since he had stepped on this boat, but it wasn't a sickness of the body.....but of the soul. Yaro would just stare at his hands, before he clenched them tightly, grinding his teeth. Yaro was not one for wavering in his convictions.....He had done what he had set out to do- He had conquered Yunakai, it was now his, he had gained revenge on Kuvira, she was dead, and now he was going to help one of his closest friends.

He was doing what he was supposed too....but....if that was the case....

Why did he feel so dead inside?

Yaro would hold onto his head, trying to stop the unending barrage of doubts and questions that afflicted him. 'There could have been another way' 'You Killed him' 'Murderer' 'Usurper' 'Traitor' All words that plagued his thoughts, a cold chant that would not stop haunting him. He fought to ensure Yunakai's independence from the Rose Kingdom, and he had won, but for the first time since he had begun his path, Yaro was facing the worst enemy a leader could ever confront.

Doubt.

"Am doing the right thing....?"

DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Klaus was about to reply to Prudence, when he heard the scream. Quirking an eyebrow, he readied a hand on his mace, expecting an intruder of sorts. It was then that Eskel arrived on deck, covered in blood and clutching a knife. The doctor blinked, motioning for Prudence to stand aside; he could handle this.

A masochist? Klaus chuckled at such an assumption.

"Aha, I am a masochist on one end, a sadist on the other. Whether I give or take pain, it matters not. As long as it is there." It was then that Eskel brought up his scar. Rather than grace him with the truth, Klaus forged a fib; a rather amusing one. He pointed to Prudence.

"She did this to me during her pregnancy, she did. One ill mood swing brought a knife to my cheeks. She was all herr derr, Klaus! Always with the stupid grin! I will make sure it never leaves that stupid face of yours! But you know, I actually like the scars, even though they itch at times. So yes." He turned to Prudence fully, bowing with grace.

"Thank you, Prudy-poody, for making me beautiful." Not too long after, he approached Eskel, the doctor's hand away from his mace now, but his face slightly stern.

"Now, my glistening red stranger, for what reason have you stowed away on this ship and why should I not have you tickled until you suffocate?" While he took notice of the spaced out Yaro, Klaus didn't take too much heed; though his ignorance of this intruder was suspect.

Enuky Enuky Andraus Andraus Trombone Geek Trombone Geek Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

"I'm sorry my lord Klaus, but if anyone will be doing any tickling, it shall be me. This is my ship, after all, and this man has already broken two of my laws. No stowaways, and no murder. Any who break my laws on my ship shall have me to deal with." Falamar would state as he came down from the quarter deck. Drawing his rapier, he pointed it at the man's chest while all around them the sound of weapons being drawn and flintlocks readying could be heard. "Now, give me one Agares damned reason why I shouldn't just slit your fucking throat right this moment and feed you to the sharks."

Enuky Enuky Andraus Andraus Trombone Geek Trombone Geek DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Last edited:
Prudence was not receptive at all to the newcomer's introduction. She quickly pulled her baby away, turning his little pink face into her chest as if to block his eyes from seeing the man. "don't step near my baby", she hissed, but it didn't appear he was paying her much attention anymore as Klaus chimed in.

Now the woman's face became red as he joked. She was clearly unamused. Before she could protest Falamar was involved, holding the intruder at knife point. To this a long smirk stretched across prudence's lips. She dramatically hugged her baby closer as she walked away from the scene, lest she leave herself and the baby at risk. She took note of all the crewmen ready to attack and made her way over to Yaro.

"Yaro, are you alright?" she asked.

Andraus Andraus Trombone Geek Trombone Geek DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Eskel watched Prudence's irritated reaction to Klaus's story, and decided to just go with it. "A mother as ferocious as herself? I could see it--" But whatever remark the murderer had planned next was cut off when the ship captain stuck a sword in his face, upon which the rest of the crew drew their weapons.

"Jeez, no tolerance for a good entrance on this ship, is there?" he wondered aloud, flinging his knife down so it embedded itself in the wood. The careless gesture almost took off a toe, but Eskel didn't seem to notice.

"So, reasons I shouldn't die. This might take a moment. I'm an awful person, really." A pause, Eskel scratching at his jaw in thought. "Well. Reason one, I actually enforced one of your rules. Reason two, you'd be breaking one of your own rules by killing me, and that sets a bad example. Three, I don't actually pose a proper threat to any of you, and I never did. Four, can a good---um, neutral-standing man of mental science not conduct his studies in peace?"

(Sorry for the rushed post, I got really tired all of a sudden and I really need sleep, oops)

"Science, you say?" Klaus perked up at the mere mentioning. "Mental science, at that? My dear boy, the inner workings of a sentient brain rival the infinite. While it is a futile gesture, it is indeed an admirable one." The doctor sympathized with Eskel' s plight, scooting closer to him, sandwiching himself between Eskel and Falamar's sword as he eyed him up and down.

"There's just one flaw I see with your attempts to study.. yes. A glaring one. You've got too much blood on you. But, worry not! I, as a fellow man of science, have a solution." The doctor then scooted around the deck, returning with a long rope.

"While I do appreciate a good blood splattering, other folks blood is simply rancid with disease. If your skin absorbs it, you could get any number of diseases. Any diseases I cure now is less healing when we reach our destination, you understand. Spells don't just grow on trees." He shook his head, presenting Eskel the rope.

"But yes. My solution to this predicament! I will tie this rope around your waist and dunk you into the water below. It will wash away all of the blood that has not yet dried. Sound good, er...? Well, until I get a name I will simply call you Winston."
Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Trombone Geek Trombone Geek Enuky Enuky

Yaro would look towards Prudence as she spoke, her voice dragging him out of his dark thoughts momentarily. He would reach a hand over to her.....before it would stop halfway, his arm shaking as his fingers clenched into a fist, before turning around. "It's nothing....I am going to go lay down..." Yaro said, walking away from Prudence, a highly unusual move from him, as he'd go down to the fo'c'sle to the nearest hammock, and would lay down, closing his eyes.

~~~Dreamscape~~~

Yaro would wake up and look around....He was at the Yunakai Capitol City. His home wasn't too far. His insides felt like they were on fire, his body was wounded, and he was alone. Yaro would get up and begin making his way over. All the while, as he stepped through the empty streets, memories and voices inflicted tortures upon his mind.

"One last question, if you would Yaro- What's the first memory you can think of?" A question one of his former friends and adventurer's, Alia Haier, asked him.

"Okay....I was home, the day before we left, and we were getting ready for the day. I had to take care of my sister and.....well, a lot has happened since then."

Yaro would look around as he was crossing the bridge to reach his home.

"I mean, I feel like I've been in control my whole life, at least- Determining my own future and deciding my own fate." Another, his Lanun companion .Marek Okon, had told him by the fire one night.

"I never questioned who my parents were.....I accepted my situation.....and that was that." Lanister had told him during training.

"But that person?....I feel like they are slipping away.....and the person I am looking at now...."He heard Troy speaking to him, watching him as he stood over brutalized bandits on the way home, after hearing of his families murder.

"I knew it was a mistake leaving him alive." The General who lead the attack on his household said.

"This.....isn't the world I wanted, but it's the one I found myself in." Yaro was looking around at the Yunakai rebuilding after the rat plague, inflicted upon them by the Rose Kingdom.

"I understood that kind of revenge...."

"Yunakai....my home....ripped apart and needing to be put back together."

"No-one better...."

Yaro was on the street where his Mansion was, it was not burned down by the fire. Yaro began moving towards it, but the memories kept going.

"We thought we were safe.....but we were just kidding ourselves."

"I came with you to make things right....No more bullshit: Change." One of the turncoats in the Wilting Rose, Delvan, told him one night at Amberjack.

"You've been....well, changing." Marek had told him. "You seem like your angry at us.....ignoring us- Doing things your own way."

Yaro saw the door was locked, before he began trying to bash the door open.

"I guess I tend to Idealize people, seeing them as I want them to be." A warrior for the resistant, a young name named Matthew Maru, as they were securing a place. He saw the sheer brutality that Yaro treated the Royal Army with, the cruelty. "Listen, when we first met, I could tell you were different- I thought you could help us turn things around, make Morganna a better place....but lately? You seem to be acting like someone who cares only about themselves. I hope someday, you can let go of your anger."

Yaro finally broke through the door, as images of the sheer brutality, the cruelty, the hatred fueling his battles, him cutting down Kuvira, conquering Yunakai.....When he stepped into the rooom, he saw everyone he knew, everyone he ever loved....dead on the ground.

"But that.....that was murder." Delvan would say.

Yaro would then remember the last words he spoke to Kuvira. "I can make you bleed....you will beg me for death."

"You're making us look like monsters out there!"

"You dragged us down to their level!"

"I saw them take away my home....my family.."

"You said you'd change and you played me the fool!"

"I'm not falling for this crap again!"

"Yaro..." A voice spoke to him, one that was far over the distant horizon of his memory. His little sister....

~~~Real world~~~

Yaro would wake up with a gasp, as he looked around, before laying back down and putting his face in his hands as he got up. These nightmares.....They had become almost a recurring theme. They were torturing his mind, plaguing at his conscience.....He didn't know what to do now. He was lost. He then remembered Alia's words to him.

"That's it? Just a single day, then waking up alone? We so easily accept the truth presented before us." She had said, before looking at the distant horizon. "Isn't it funny how a dream seem like a whole different reality? People. Places. Even Sounds and Colors can change.....or someone has changed them." She said.

Yaro would just look out a small window, before closing his eyes. "I just don't know anymore....."

Prudence was surprised to be brushed off by Yaro. This wasn't the way he ordinarily treated her. She stopped and watched behind him, releasing a small sigh as Yaro descended below the decks. She knew something wasn't right.

The witch straightened herself and gazed around the deck until her icy eyes met Edwin, who was alone struggling to mop the deck. Prudence chuckled and observed him for a moment longer before calling out to him,

"You. Get over here", she barked. Edwin fumbled but wasted no time as he ababdoned the mop and joined his "leader's" side.

"Come with me. And make us invisible", she continued, already stepping forward. She needed say no more as she, Edwin, and Alfio vanished.

Prudence followed the path taken by Yaro and led the way. They entered where Yaro was sleeping and stood by the side of his hammock. Edwin glanced over to Prudence with questioning eyes. The two simply stood there observing him, stepping back and away when Yaro finally woke up. He was jolted awake by something, and clearly stressed by the way he murmured by himself. But what was the purpose of this? Edwin wondered.

Prudence suddenly gestured for him to follow again, and the two quietly removed themselves form the room. Edwin was relieved to breathe the fresh air of the deck. He didnt like spying; it often led to trouble. As the group faded back into visibility Prudence spoke.

"I'm afraid something is off with him. I want you to stay at Yaro's side and make sure he doesn't do anything rash", the witch queen explained. "Stay by his side and serve him".

"Fine, your majesty", said Edwin shaking his head.

Prudence narrowed her eyes. They appeared more blue than green against the ocean waters and sky. "Now!" She snapped as she started her way back towards the newcomer on deck.

Edwin hesitated. He would rather have stayed with Prudence than risk irritating the king himself. But an order was an order. He glanced downward and kicked at the ground before returning to Yaro. He felt awkward and out of place guarding a man, but he cautuously approached the hammock where Yaro rested, unsure of if he was awake or asleep.

Andraus Andraus

Falamar's face would have what seemed to be the unholy combination of confusion and disgust spread across it as he would listen to the two madmen before him ramble on about mental sciences and people named Winston. "My killing you is no crime, murderer. On this ship, punishment is dealt out as it has always been dealt out. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." As he said this, most of the crew would echo him. "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." The captain nodded, before continuing.

"If your only crime had been to stow away on my ship, your only punishment would be a stay in the brig for however long you stayed hidden, and cut rations. But because of your blatant disregard for life on my ship, some sort of punishment should be meted out. I could simply execute you with a shot or a slash, sell you to the Styxans down south, maroon you with nothing but a pistol and a single shot, flog you till you bleed out, or perhaps we could simply keelhaul you. Hell, I could simply let the good doctor here have his way with you. But, that is not my choice. It shall be left to the crew to decide, at your trial." Falamar would finish, as two large men would come to either side of Eskel

"I would suggest you don't struggle on your way down, as Morti-" Falamar would begin, before the explosive sound of something crashing into the ship cut him off, followed by the Black Wind proceeding to tilt to starboard. "Amergin! What in all the Nine Hells was that!" He would shout towards the quarter deck, before his question was answered by the sight of gigantic tentacles writhing up and over the side of the Black Wind. "KRAKEN!"

Enuky Enuky Andraus Andraus Trombone Geek Trombone Geek DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

Last edited:
Eskel smiled at the doctor's plan. "And what about the sharks? What will be done about those?" he began, but Falamar began speaking again. "I did you a favor, really," the man muttered darkly, crossing his arms and listening, barely, to the captain's plan. Kicking his foot back and forth against the deck in a bored manner, Eskel sighed heavily as two crew members came up on each side of him.

"Really, this is unnecessary," he said, clenching and unclenching the fingers of his left hand as he repressed the urge to snap up his knife again and let loose for a bit, sate his addiction. But that would be bad taste, so of course, the man simply held out his arms compliantly. "Have fun trying to teach me any lessons. I've been told I've got quite the thick skull," he mouthed off, smirking. The sudden crashing and listing of the ship was definitely not part of his plan, but it was convenient. The distraction let Eskel snatch up his knife, kick the ankle of one of his would-be assailants, and dodge away from the other one, before turning to face the starboard side. He observed the Kraken's appearance with a low whistle.

"So, uh, what's to be done about that, Captain?" he asked snidely, fiddling with his weapon in a somewhat nervous gesture. Fighting monsters wasn't something he'd signed up for.

"Now now, fellows." Klaus protested against this hostility towards Eskel, motioning with his hands to lay their weapons down. If only they actually knew the history of the Doctor, he thought. The sheer fear of his tendencies, he thought, would be easy grounds to get his way!

"We cannot judge a book by its cover, no matter how bloody it is. I am sure Winston here had a good reason for smothering himself in as much blood as humanly stomachable." He looked into Eskel's eyes, trying to discern a reason.. or perhaps, not trying at all.

"Perchance, do you have hemophilia, the fetish of blood? Are you a vampire without table manners? Was this an example of self-defense taken too far? Are you a servant of the fictional God Armok?"

Before Klaus could have his questions answered, it seemed, a Kraken besieged the vessel with little warning and no build-up. Odd, the doctor thought. He always thought beasts and creatures had some manner of cinematically introducing themselves. He sighed, approaching the edge.

"Ugh.. one problem after another." He snapped his fingers, which charged with a crackling white energy. This was Klaus' spell "Guiding Bolt", a powerful ray of holy energy that, after it struck a target, coated them in a bright light, which would no doubt increase the accuracy of further attacks against it.

Klaus pointed his charged finger forward, and with a sonic boom, the bolt crashed towards the Kraken!

One, two, three, four...eight in total.

One could say that Mizuki's interest in pursuing knowledge bordered on obsession. As the crew ran about trying to maintain a semblance of normalcy and order when the intruder was discovered, Mizuki had busied herself with one of the cannons that the Black Wind had. It was one of the spares they had, so Mizuki felt free to take apart the metal casing and begin working on a smaller, more portable version of it, with the same impact if not greater.

To that end, she had one of her most valuable items with her- A set of genuine fire crystals.

The Saika Clan wanted these crystals to remain hidden from humanity, but Mizuki had already showed the good doctor- Humanity had not yet mastered the use of crystals beyond oil-free light sources or as costly grenades. The pathetic, writhing worms that was humankind could begin to understand the machinations that the Ishikawa and Saika clan used these for, that these were a source of near limitless power! One large crystal collection could power and entire demon city! It fueled the war machine that the Demon King, the one that had lead them during the raids, used to easily build his army and crush those of Yunakai and the Rose Kingdom.

Honestly, if you took how advanced Demon-kind and compare it to the most common human scientist, you'd have thought you were talking to a caveman. These worms did not understand, or could not understand, the power these crystals could bring their kingdoms- One could fuel a forge that could make a thousand swords! Two could cook hundreds of meals! Three could power lights and magical barriers over an entire army! Really, if humanity had tried to understand the use that a crystal had, they could quite possibly be a threat to Demon-kind.
However, the Age of the Conquerer of Morganna had long since passed.....This was an Age of Fools.

Klaus was different though- He understood. When Mizuki had showed him the crystal, he went wild with what the crystal could possibly bring- A storage for excess magic when a large quantity of magical energy was needed, or for powering machines and devices, or as a new means of torture by making someone ingest it while it was actively letting out fire, it didn't matter- Klaus understood! Mizuki's cheeks went pink at this- That doctor caught on quickly! If that was the case, she wondered how he'd catch onto her tastes in the bedroom....? Oh, she could just imagine a bunch of little mace and claw wielding Klaus's, ripping apart entire villages as her and Klaus stood, the ever-proud parents as the children explored and learned!

Let it never be said that Mizuki wasn't as insane as the rest of her clan- She was quite possibly more insane than her own sister, she just projected it differently.

But then, the Krakan had to ruin her daydream. Mizuki watched as she saw Klaus (Mizuki daydream vision activate) so bravely standing against the Krakan! "My my my~! So brave and strong Klaus! If we were not fighting an overgrown squid, I'd kiss you right here!" She said, holding onto her latest invention- The Portable Naval Cannon Prototype! "Captain, sir, If we kill this thing, I reserve the right to study it's dissected corpse!" Mizuki said, before balancing the cannon.

This was to answer a question she knew her sister once asked- Would it be fun to carry around a portable naval cannon capable of blasting a human body apart with one shot?....Yes, yes it would be. Mizuki took great care when handling the prototype. She remembered her sister often said that she could be quite bitchy about the maintenance of her weapons and equipment. That was completely, and utter, true. But it went doubly so for her newly made cannon.

Why do you ask?

Bitches Love Cannons.

Mizuki would fire a shot from the cannon. It acted similar to how a rifle worked- Load it, pull the trigger, watch where you're shooting. Only this, she couldn't make into a repeater form.....yet. This was still in development. She'd still have to reload it after every shot, but she had cut time- The Cannon ball was super-heated by the eight fire crystals at the end of the cannon barrel, and the trigger acted as a mechanism for them to activate like a burst of fire, sending the cannon flying forward, burning into and piercing into the krakan tentacle.

"Mmm! I can smell the Krakan sizziling! Add chickpeas with some rosemary and saffron, we'd have a real dish here!" Mizuki said. She REALLY wanted to take this krakan apart now.

Trombone Geek Trombone Geek Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete

(I cannot think of anything for Yaro)

Andraus Andraus (when a sleeping character awakes to another character mysteriously staring down at them with no explanation, you've been handed a great big slice of cake on a silver platter for your response.)

Andraus Andraus

Yaro snapped instantly to attention when he noticed Edwin standing over him. The rogue king leapt from his hammock before gripping Edwin by the arms threateningly. He already held very little trust for the former Emerald Thorn, and it was of no help to Edwin. "What the hell are you doing?" demanded Yaro. There was a slight quiver to his tone and he could still feel sweats on his body from the terrible nightmares he suffered.

Edwin struggled to resist the urge to strike back at Yaro, but he managed to remain calm. hIs brow was furrowed with worry as he waited to see if the king would let him speak. He hadn't thought about what his excuse for following Yaro around would be. Edwin internally cursed Prudence, blaming her for the foolishness at heart. "Why KIng Yaro-- I was only seeing if you were awake...", he stuttered lamely.

As the giant slobbery tentacle of the kraken fell to the deck the witch Pru snatched her wand from where it was kept in her little one's bundle. The baby began to cry and Prudence paused, looking down at him. She sighed and cast her invisibility spell, choosing to flee the battle scene instead. She hated to be so vulnerable.

SHe then hurried back below deck where she could see what appeared to be an atercation between Yaro and Edwin. She let out a loud groan and shouted to them, "there's a sea monster attacking above! I knew this was a bad idea!" she whined, sounding somewhat panicked. The seas made the witch queen very uneasy.

Edwin seized the opportunity for a distraction. "Yes, king Yaro! We need your assistance on deck!" he declared urgently.

Trombone Geek Trombone Geek DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Underneath the ship, a terrible sound could be heard as the cannonball would burn through the tentacle and send it crashing onto the deck, killing one unfortunate fellow who hadn't gotten out of the way in time. Said tentacle would retreat back under the waves, though there were still countless more where that one had come from.

All around the ship, men would be fighting for their lives, hacking and shooting and burning any tentacles that got near. But for every victory, every maimed appendage retreating back into the sea, there were at least two more where men would be crushed, smashed, dismembered, or dragged into the sea screaming.

"By Danalin, is there no end!" Falamar cried, slashing out chuncks of calamari, as another man would be dragged off the ship kicking and screaming, digging bloody furrows into the wood as he passed the pirate prince.

Then, just as suddenly as the monster's attack had started, it ended.

"Did we win? Did we hurt it enough to make it run?"

"I-I don't know." Amergin said.

"Perhaps we entered shallower waters?"

"Maybe it sensed better, easier prey somewhere else?"

"It dosen't matter why it stopped." Falamar said. "What matters is that we finish the job now, and leave speculation to those who don't have to work. We shouldn't be far off from the island now, perhaps only a few more minutes at most." He stated clearly. As the men would begin to get back to work, a bell could be heard from the crows nest.

"FOG BANK STRAIGHT AHEAD!" The man in the nest cried.

"Damn. I sure hope this island of yours isn't rocky, Doctor or we may just end up losing the ship after all." Falamar quipped.

"You, stowaway. Seems today's your lucky day." Falamar would state

"Go make yourself useful and get to the bow of the ship. Keep an eye out for any rocks in the way, and let Mr. Amergin know which way to steer," The captain ordered.

"I mean, we wouldn't want the ship running aground and leaving us all stranded here, now would we?" A wan grin would spread onto his face, as he would turn and make his way to the quarter deck, leaving them to their business.

DemetrioMachete DemetrioMachete Trombone Geek Trombone Geek Andraus Andraus Enuky Enuky

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread