Side Story: the Long Road Home - Complete

KageYuuki

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Roleplay Type(s)
Hideki stared down at his feet the whole time the two walked home, he was ashamed, to put it lightly, ashamed of what he had done. What he had to do, and he was not alone in this, for he had his best friend beside him the whole time.

He thought, at the time maybe Yuuki would get them out of that situation, but in truth, it seemed that was what his friend was thinking as well. It was beyond him why the Leaf decided they were the best fit for the job.

Maybe they were specifically requested?

Maybe they were to be punished for something he cannot remember.

Maybe one of the others planned this.

All he knew is they made a promise to never speak of it again save for behind closed doors, a solemn promise that by far would be their best kept secret. Nobody would know if they just kept silent, nobody could ever know.

And nobody SHOULD know, Poor Yuuki… If Nagisa caught wind of this he would be beaten to hell and back… Hideki could still feel remnants of Udon stuck to the inside of his shirt... He could’ve sworn he gotten it all out.

Udon… he shivered once again, he’d never eat it again in his life… But to think he had to call on his rabbits for help, they only managed to get out of there un….defiled... Due to the moon bunnies.

He never expected the leader to show up… To think she now knows his most terrible secret…

The young man came out of his thoughts to look over to his friend, his deadpan face only looking towards him to see if he was still as solemn as he.

Yuuki was still silent, his expression still as grave as when they left. His hair was a mess, the tie normally keeping it pulled back had broke during… that. Why would someone even hire ninja for-

Nevermind, best not to go there.

He didn’t want to even think about this again. Dreading the fact they both still needed to report to the Hokage when they returned.

“I knew your clan was fairly emo, but this is just pathetic.”

Above the two, a ninja stood with vigilant eyes. He wore a headband with a cut across it, the symbol belonging to the Cloud, but the scratch indicated that did not matter. He was fairly young, only a couple years older than either Hideki or Yuuki. His black hair was unkempt, and his clothing tattered. His ninja pouch seemed to be the only thing even pristine about him. Along him floated two orbs of light that seemed to pulse occasionally.

“Tell me, Uchiha, any idea where I might find a Yuuki?”

He didn’t so much as glance at Hideki.

Crimson eyes glared up at the rogue, kunai already in hand. “Who wants to know?” He tensed, ready to respond to any attack with a storm of blades. Ninja didn’t fight unless they absolutely had to. Yuuki’s eyes flicked around, quickly scanning for any signs of traps or allies.

“Oh, just a mercenary working for the Hidden Mist. They’re very interested, as is my paycheck. Showing those eyes was a mistake, boy, now I know you know. Well. Guess I’ll discard your companion. I’m only interested in ninjas with Kekkei Genkai. Other ninja don’t even make good servants. Not that I’d think you my equal… In fact, I’d lay odds you’ve never heard of my Kekkei Genkai.”

The ninja started to draw in the air, light following his finger. The symbol he drew would be very familiar: 光, light. Under Hideki, a symbol began to draw itself, the same symbol. A second later, light would surround the boy, and he would find himself embedded in a rock faster than he could see coming if he didn’t manage to move out the way. Yuuki would have trouble keeping up with the speed thrown via sharingan.

The Mist…? Why would they be interested in him of all people? “Big talk from someone whose kage doesn’t have one.” Another flicker of the sharingan as their attacker began drawing in the air, a faint glow at Hideki’s feet. “Move!” He jumped back, letting loose several kunai and shuriken. Paper wings began forming at his back.

Before the young man could even answer, or even do anything about it, Hideki was flung as speeds faster than he could even begin perceiving straight into a boulder with a bone-crunching smack, the boy let out a cry of pain before falling to the ground, gritting his teeth as his whole body spasmed to regain control after that ride.

His breathing was shot, he could feel his broken rib pressing on his lung, his nose was oozing blood from being broken and his whole body was shook to the core. He laid upon his back staring up at the sky as he finally came around after the first round of shock. “The- The fuck?" he sputtered, spitting out some blood that seeped back from his nose.

“This fucken- Bloodlines? This for not having a- Gah, fuck, my chest.” the young man gritted his teeth, attempting to get up and recover.

“Fuck,” Yuuki hissed, unable to do anything for Hideki from where he was. Something too fast for the sharingan… that was bad.

In front of the man, one orb of light intercepted the kunai and shuriken. They just seemed to disappear. The other orb lined up in front of it, pointing again at Hideki and flashing. Nothing happened for a second, while its master responded.

“That was so the Uchiha would answer. There was no way I could know you didn’t have a Kekkei Genkai, but now that I know you’re worthless, would you mind stepping out of my way while I go to work. Then again, seeing as this one is too stupid to realize a missing nin doesn’t HAVE a kage… hmmm.. I should make my 12:30 lunch appointment at Hiro’s Udon shop.”

If Hideki didn’t move, he would find Yuuki’s projectiles returned. Again at speeds unfollowable. It would take a second before they fired however.

“So, Uchiha, where is Yuuki?”

Yuuki watched the ball of light absorb the thrown weapons, the other flashing. His eyes narrowed as the second orb moved towards the direction Hideki lay. The chakra was unfamiliar, a nature he’d never seen before. Their attacker paused long enough to comment on Yuuki’s remark. Knew couldn’t ignore that.

A burst of movement. The Uchiha dove in front of Hideki, armor and wings to take the returned blades. “You still alive?”

“Does it fucking look like it?” the young man spat out more blood, looking positively furious. The young man slowly performed the earth spear handsigns, setting up his defenses. “Stupid pile of- You come out here, talk tough shit, act like your fucking king of the castle and smack me into a rock? I’m gonna tear you in two!”

He readied to dragoon jump but staggered, coughing and plodding a step forward, ruining the jutsu. “Fucking ribs.”

“I don’t know why you bothered revealing your armor to save something so much less valuable. I do believe it’s speaking words, don’t you, Uchiha? How about this? I’ll spare your pet if you tell me what you know.”

And because the man wasn’t an idiot, he reached into his ninja pouch, drawing out several shuriken, making hand signs with them in between.

“I’ll let you in on a little secret. My Kekkei Genkai is called Light Release. I can send things flying. At the speed of light. Oh, and my secondary gift is time space jutsu. Because time/space jutsu is hard. And I’m a genius. Come, I don’t think you’ve time to waste, after all, you’ll be busy with your pet’s funeral after this.”

“Pet…?” Hideki’s jaw cracked from gritting his teeth. Yuuki was barely able to get a word in before the young man rushed forward, pushing aside his friend Hideki slammed a fist into the ground sending a hail of stone towards the prick with Earth Plume, obviously thoroughly pissed off.

“I’m not some side character here!”

“He’s baiting you!”

The man continued his hand signs, his orb simply floating in front of him absorbing the debris. The other orb pointed at Hideki again.

“So, your answer, Uchiha?”

Yuuki spun back to face the rogue, his sharingan spinning. He was pretty sure Hideki wasn’t thinking clearly in his current state. But how to snap him out of it without getting us both killed?

“My answer?” This was going to be a battle, there wasn’t really any other option. “Go fuck yourself, you narcissistic shit brick.” Yuuki’s wings exploded into a storm of paper sheets, clouding them from view.

Genjutsu: Paper Storm

He started to rush past Hideki and whispered, “Can you get underground and sink him?”

The orb pointed at Hideki moved, pointing at the myriad of tags flying at the man. After a second, the rocks shot past, leaving streaks of light trailing through them. When that didn’t work, the man braced himself. Oddly enough, he didn’t try and stop it with an orb.

After a second, he growled and made a ‘kai’ symbol to break the genjutsu, shurikens still pointing between his fingers.

“Tricky. Smart, I suppose it's those superior genes. Don’t know what plan you whispered to that pet of yours, but I do hope he listens. Oh, I guess that means I must acknowledge you, and step up my game. Well, merry christmas, accept my acknowledgment.”

With a wide throw, several shurikens flew at both of them. The air stirring oddly in front of the shurikens.

“Shut up you stupid fucking narcissistic bloated prick, I’ll spill your mutant blood like the wet sack of shit you are.” the young man’s hands fluttered with signs, the stones around him coalesced into a large hand that picked up the boulder he smashed into earlier and hurled it at the man with a pitchers toss. Hideki grasped his chest as Earth spear faded.

Losing his concentration on the jutsu, the arm, however, stayed, interposing itself between him and the others.

Yuuki responded to the thrown shuriken with a volley of his own, eyeing the chakra coating the rogue’s weapons. Trying to communicate with Hideki was looking to be impossible thanks to this guy’s goading.

“The fu-” Yuuki found himself forced skyward to avoid the incoming shuriken, his own having phased right through them.

The shuriken’s phased through both attacks, though, for the first time, the missing nin moved, forced to jump to the side as both attacks passed by him, a piece of rock cutting his side, and dirtying his clothes. The heavy thud following it shaking the area. For a second, the man’s face filled with rage, but it quickly slid away to his normal coldness. He wondered how they’d appreciate his shurikens?

“Hmm. Seems I forgot to not try and kill the Uchiha. Oh well, he’ll be fine. I’m sure.”

The man started to draw in the air again.

Yuuki watched the man from his position in the air, a few sheets of paper falling away from him. This was stupid, but… how else was he going to get the guy’s attention off Hideki? “Hey asshole! If you want Yuuki Uchiha so badly, I’m right here!”

Hideki tsked, leaping to the left to avoid the sigil, and another unwanted ride possibly, as the large arm floated in the air following him, it began to split up into more and became connected to his body, using themselves to lift him back up, one of his real arms holding his side. “Just what do you think you're doing idiot, guy can teleport people what makes you think he won't just take you..?” Hideki muttered before trying to think of what to do… The young man bolted towards a nearby tree, hiding from line of sight.

The man smiled and turned his drawing into a seal of confrontation. “I am Akira Hikari. It is an honor to fight an Uchiha, Yuuki. Well, now we should throw everything we have at each other if this is a duel.”

He started drawing in the air again. This time, however, the large rock he’d thrown Hideki into began to glow.

“You want a duel, go to the Land of Iron,” Yuuki spat, weaving hand signs. He took a breath before releasing a stream of fire from his lips.

Fire Release: Great Fireball

And a rock, moving at ungodly speeds would meet the stream of fire, and the Yuuki behind it.

“I suppose the First Hokage means very little to you. Such a pity for a great ninja not to study history. Your father is Hokage, is he not?”

Yuuki’s body was blown apart by the rock, papers scattering everywhere. Multiple Yuukis reforming from the mess. “He is,” one said as they all wove the handsigns for the paper shuriken technique. The five of them forming and launching numerous shuriken at Akira, some of which were made with tags.

An orb of light met the volley from the front, a few shurikens thrown from him to meet those from other directions. Sighing, he reached in again, pulling out a fuma shuriken. Unfolding it, he tossed it to try and mow down as many clones as he could with it.

The second orb pointed forward to return the volley back to a large number of clones in front of him.

Yuuki scowled as a large amount of the shuriken were absorbed, Damn, was hoping the seals would do something. A few clones were lost to the fuuma shuriken before Yuuki snatched it from the air and returned it. The rest of the clones quickly fell to the paper shuriken shot back at them.

With the loud stone of two stones crashing together, a newcomer entered the fray, another large man sized boulder came flying through towards Akira, at a slower pace but would land atop of the man should he not move.

From not far off through the trees one can see a hemisphere of stone standing upwards, likely where the boulder came from.

Akira looked worried as he saw two large attacks coming at him from two different directions. Those sort of attacks were the worst. In a panic, he threw one orb of light to his right, and one his left, and started a series of handsigns. He barely finished in time, the orbs disappearing. As the objects touched, they suddenly traded places.

However, one thing Akira did not account for, was the 3rd projectile, a hidden fuma shuriken hit him straight, a large blade embedding itself in his side, causing him to groan in pain.

To Yuuki, a large friend appeared, Rockman. To Hideki, Mr Fuma shuriken. Akira was currently dealing with Mr. Fuma Shuriken’s brother, however.

Hideki knew the boulder was going to miss, he expected the guy to even jump outta the way, but this was good too. For the young man burst from the boulder looking amidst a fit of rage, 6 arms, 4 of which stone, reaching out and grabbing Akira in vice-like grips along the arm and midsection holding him T pose.

“That's check yea shit brick.” the young man growled through gritted teeth.

Yuuki easily jumped away from the boulder, not even trying to hide his smirk when Hideki snatched their attacker.

“Tch, trying to duel an actual ninja here, and he was doing a damn good job you mongrel. Fine, you want acknowledgment so bad, if I go down, I’m taking you with me!”

Akira started to glow like a lightbulb.

The young man’s eyes narrowed as he leapt backwards and quickly performed handsigns, ending off with a clap of all six hands at once together. The earth rumbled for a short moment before two halves rose up swiftly, creating a large circular dome of solid earth, crushing the glowing man in between.

Then for good measure, Hideki still did run, as much a young man with a broken nose and busted ribs could.

Akira didn’t even have time to further his taunt before the ground claimed him. Hideki, however, would be glowing as well at this point. Much of the ground in a circle around where he’d made his boast also glowed.

Yuuki’s eyes widened as the foreign chakra began spreading through Hideki’s system. “Fuuuuuck!” He body flickered at Hideki, slapping a seal to his back. “Saving your ass, bitch at me later.” He made the seal of confrontation, activating the tag.

Without being able to say a single word Hideki was blasted away in a shower of chakra, the glow rent from his system but sending him hurtling into a ball of pain, anger, curses and rocks. He coughed and muttered something about his ribs as he stayed down in a ball, the arms dismantling.

As he looked to the side, he would see several columns of light shoot into the air, particularly a large one from the smashed corpse of Akira. With the light, all signs of life disappeared from the beams. The grass was no longer in the ground, making like a crop circle following the beam of light, and no evidence the ninja had ever existed remained. Also, Yuuki’s fuma shuriken was long gone.

Nothing came back down.

Hideki coughed, sputtering out a bit of blood but breathed heavily nonetheless. He laid upon his back and let out heavy breaths recovering from the fight. The words that the man said were still echoing in his head… He rather kill himself rather than die by his hands or be captured by HIM.

The young man hissed in anger and pain… he may have killed him, but he felt robbed of any conclusion to this… the man’s words sunk deep into him like the fangs of a decapitated serpent still fighting to kill him with its venom.

It brought up bad memories, memories of academy days, memories that dripped with a deathly ichor all in their own. And here he was, in the exact same situation, in the exact same way… they always wanted to get at Yuuki, but him? He was dog shit, dog shit collected on his friend’s boot…

He did his fucking best, even won the fucking battle and still… Got a fucking bunch of spit in his face. Like he was some impetuous child trying to get his fucking way. Was he? Was he wrong to strive so? To be recognized?

He guessed it didn’t matter... Some people couldn’t be changed…. But they will fall in line one day… that's for certain…

They will ALL fall in line…

Yuuki let out a slow breath. It was over, but also just beginning. The Mist had hired that shinobi to kill him specifically. The death of the Mizukage’s son was what had started the entire damn war, they were likely going to try again…

“What a fucking day,” he said finally, sitting in the grass next to Hideki. “Earth release is some scary shit though, not gonna lie…” Yuuki unsealed a small bottle and shook out a pill, offering it and some water to his teammate. “Here, got these from Katsumi, should help with the pain some.”

Hideki took the pill without water like a man should, only to cough and take the water anyways. “No fucking kidding… I was worried when I first heard I had that as my affinity… Turned out well enough…” the young man sighed, looking still beaten to hell.

“So… Gotta say… Mission was worse…”

“Much worse.”

“...Hey Yuuki... One last question before we... yea know go home… Well two. What would yea say if I wanted to become Hokage?”

“That it’s a shit job that leaves you with no time for friends or family.” Yuuki only stopped a beat before adding, “but out of our class you probably have the best shot. If that’s your goal, then I have your back.”

“Good to hear…” the young man nodded before smirking. “....Second question… You get anywhere with Nagisa yet?”

“...Shut up.”

Users who are viewing this thread