Side Story: The Fastest Way to the Heart... Complete

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hideki Ukita​

Outside Hideki’s house, a figure waltzed across the roofs. Most ninja were in a hurry and body flickered as fast as possible, but this man sauntered, his long robes flying behind him, and his equally long and elegant hair floated seemingly unnaturally.

As he reached the house, he knocked melodically, an old song most of elderly in the village wouldn’t remember.

“Greetings, Ukita. I bring you a mission directly from the Hokage himself.”

The young man had risen not to long ago, whipping the sleep from his eyes as he readied his breakfast. The knock on his door was something he didn’t expect nor did he expect to hear a voice he completely didn’t know. He walked over to the door, his hair ruffled and uncared for from his earlier sleep, he then peeked through the peephole to spy a man who was…

Well, to put it simply.

Far too damn fancy to be in this part of town.

“A mission from the Hokage…?” the young man echoed, raising an eyebro, he kept a hand on his knife, for what good ninja didn’t keep a knife on him at all times and opened the door slightly.

“And who might be the one bringing it?”

The man simply raised an eyebrow. “Susumu. Now are you going to open the door, or do I have to use genjutsu to force you to open it? I’m in a rush, and have a few more of these to hand out. There’s never an end to these deliveries.”

“Sususmu…?” Hideki rose his eyebrow further, the artist causing it to breach anywhere near where an eyebrow should be as he opened the door up fully. “Alright fine, whats this mission? Why didn’t the usual person come for this? Is she on vacation or something?”

“Yes, and probably will be for about 9 months. Something about frequenting bathrooms of the opposing genders. Also, I deliver to a special group of people. Someone such as yourself would inevitably fall to me anyways. Now, the mission here, but I’d like to give you it verbally first. The pharmacy company Capsule Corps (we need this shut up!), has hired a bodyguard from the leaf to protect the boss Kai, and his family, following the release of the product Vitranafine, due to fear of the competitors. Now what’s the mission?”

“Capsule corps….?” Hideki scratched his head, still looking confused. “I can’t say I’m much of a bodyguard, this Vertranifun that good of a product or what? I haven’t heard anything about white collar pharmaceuticals needing bodyguards… Or anything about this new drug.” the young man tried to piece the guy’s words together.. It was far too early to be talking in riddles.

“..So I guess they want me to be a bodyguard?”

What followed was the longest single breath Hideki likely would have ever seen as Susumu put his hands to his head, breathed in… and then just breathed out… and continued… and continued. The invisible facepalm practically radiated from him.

“I do not understand how you are a candidate for jonin, or the rest of the list. 5 in particular are close, though your whole generation apparently is a candidate. They’ll let anyone become it it seems like.

These are standing orders from me, I outrank you, so consider them from the Hokage. Pick up a newspaper. Open it. Read it. Quiz yourself perhaps. Difficult, I know. Now, any questions on that? If so, oh well, too bad.

Vertranafine was outlawed following a scandal where ninja in some little rainy village took a liking to it. They claimed it made them invisible. Maybe it did, they certainly didn’t ever seem to feel a couple dozen knives in them. The problem, however, was they kept needing more. And more. And the side effects, they were awful- why am I bothering to tell a plebian world news? Research it.

Relevant side, the maker took on a new name, started a new company, randomly has millions despite just starting. Hired us. We’re going to spy on him under the pretense of bodyguarding him. You have a week there to find anything out, then we’ll switch you out for a sensor. I’m supposed to leave it at that, but we’re particularly curious of your talents in that week. We honestly don’t expect you to find anything. In any case, take the mission. Also fix your door.”

Ayumu pointed to the perfectly fine front door.

“It looks hideous. The rest of the house is mocha colored. Your door is carob.”

With that, the strange peacock of a man turned to leave, sauntering away once more.

Hideki watched the man throughout this, his jaw hung open in absolute confusion as the man talked like a verbal hurricane. He got the jist of what he was to be doing, amongst the insults the the degradation the… Wait… What the fuck?

What the hell was a carob?

“F-f-fine! I.” he was speechless… But he… he had a mission to do right? It WAS his mission! Spy on the man, figure out what was happening, if in a week he doesn’t get anything he was going to be replaced by a sensor… How.. Thoughtful of them.. Didn’t expect him to find anything, hmph, probably due to the fact he wasn’t some stupid damn blood mutant freak.

He’d show that pompous piece of shit peacock who the fuck he was.

Him and his stupid hair and stupid clothes and… Odd… he can’t remember the guy’s face really…

What kind of name was Susumu anyways? Wait, was that even a name or was he laughing at…. Fuck it..

Best get ready… And stop thinking about the damn door’s color..

….

The young man burst back out the door and yelled “WAIT CANDIDATE FOR JONIN!?!” into the open air.

The peacock turned, looking panicked, starting a series of handsigns as many people in the area turned to see what the fuss was.

“You mewling son of a -”

Suddenly their eyes started to mist over.

“And you forget, you forget, you forget…. And seeing as my slip of the tongue was a bit too much, why don’t you forget that one phrase?”

Hideki would see mist start to surround him, and hear himself surrounded by dozens and dozens of whispers. He would later wake up on his couch. Depending on his ability to break genjutsu would depend on his if he remembered that one phrase or not.

While Hideki wasn’t expecting much when it came to the home he would be guarding. He didn’t quite expect it to be a huge ass god damn mansion like this. Like, shit this dwarfed the uchiha compound, probably meant to now that he thought about it. And god damn was it gaudy, like a guy who loves gold far too much vomited all over whatever statue he could find.

The guy as well, looked about greasy enough to own all this shit, and Hideki was under the guise of working for him. “And that's all yea gotta know. You remember all that?” the greasy man pointed a sweaty pudgy figner at him, causing the young man to lean back slightly, trying not to smell the air. “Yep, got it. Loud and clear.”

“Good! Now my wife is outta town with her own posie so your main concern is to watch over my kid alright? You keep a damn good eye on her damn it, I don’t want know ninja coming in here and stealing my precious little thing!” Hideki rolled his eyes at that one, probably some really young child if he has to babysit her.

Still, hes good with kids, and has a long track record of working moderately well with most women his age, what's one little kid eh? Though.. There was the pictures of his wife, she was a looker for her age, maybe she’d take after her more so? Heres hoping, it would definitely make this shit easier if he had to deal with somebody easy on the eyes.. But then again.. It’d be his luck shed be a stuck up horrible pig… Thing like her father… Did this dude snort whenever he took a step?

Is he half pig?

He barely paid attention as he was brought to the study, where the bespoken of daughter would be. “In here lad follow me, I’ll introduce yea, just don’t yea get any bright ideas or you’ll find yerself sleepin with the fishe-” “FATHER!? Come here this instant!!!” a voice called from within, sharp and demanding, it reminded Hideki of Aiko really.. Could’ve sworn it was her for a minute.

As Hideki entered, he’d find daddy’s little princess. She was about his age, just a little older, and was splattered head to toe in paint. At her feet, thankfully, were sheets after sheets to prevent more paint from spilling anywhere. Her hair was currently rainbow, though its natural color was black, and it fell to the curve in her back. Wearing a simple shirt and pants, their original color had looong since been lost.

Her project seemed to be a map of the entire country, vividly painted with colors. Looking at Hideki, she furrowed her brow.

“You’re not my father? Where is he? Always so busy… A-anyways, I’m Aito. I take it your my bodyguard?”

Good god she was…. Well… Shit seems like hes gonna be having fun this week then! Hideki smiled a gave a small wave of his hand. “I am! My name is Hideki Ukita, I’ll be here to protect you.” he did his small introduction, in truth he didn’t expect such a cutie!

Plus an artist! That was cool!

“Your father is-” he turned to the door seeing the man rushing off down the hall. “...Busy it seems… How may I help you?”

“Well, good to have a ‘knight in shining armor’. Pull out his map on the shelf, and a few newspaper clippings, I want to see how accurate my memory is. So, Hideki, tell me ‘bout yourself. What sort of dangers are you going to protect me from? Hmm? Tell me about your adventures. I’m sorta bored. Maps are just… uncreative. Still, they say you gotta use your talents, and it helps father. I kinda wish I could been a ninja myself. Coulda been so cool, jumping through the branches… protecting people I like…Murderizing people I don’t. Hehehe, just kidding. So cool. I mean, an artist means I get to see endless possibilities, so why shouldn’t I wonder what being a ninja’s all about.”

Aito’s focus drifted, and she started painting on a separate sheet of paper. She worked fast. It was crude, but suddenly she had a portrait of herself in ninja garb and headband.

“Oops, looks like I rambled a bit. Hehehe. Tell me ‘bout you. Kinda stuck with eachother for a bit.”

Hideki did as she asked, pulling out the map and newspaper clippings… he couldn’t help but let out a “Damn.” as he saw the similarity. “Picture perfect, you can barely tell you did it from memory.

Ah, well, the dangers are apparently your father’s competition, its not likely they will send and true threats but your father chose well with the Leaf. I’m assigned for a week, so if you get bored of me you know I won't be around for to long heh.” the young man chuckled abit, trying to stay amicable with the quite talented young lady.

“That said, I’ve had… Quite a few adventures- Damn a portrait just like that? I would kill for skill like that. Err, Well, what would you rather hear about? Strangeness, danger, or maybe about my first mission with my squad?”

“Yeah, sorry its a little sloppy, just kinda doodle randomly when my thoughts wander. Least I grabbed another sheet this time. Hmm. Give me the strangest thing you’ve ever seen! ‘A noodle incident’ if you will! Time to see if I can give you a picture of it from what you tell me. How close can we get?”

She grabbed another sheet, and smirked at the challenge.

“The… Strangest… thing….?” Hideki froze up for a moment, the dark shadow of death creeping over his shoulder, threatening him with the memory of that incident not so long ago… The cackle of the shinigami echoed in his ear as it threatened him with it’s blade called remembrance, the memories of that day…

They would haunt him forever…

He shook his head for a moment. “Well, there was that time when me and the group were out to find a noble’s pet…” he continued his story forthwith, perhaps this instead would sate her.

As he described the story, Aito kept stopping him for every little detail. About the appearance of teammates, the weather on the day, and the pattern on the tiger. She seemed perplexed every time he was unable to remember something. She occasionally stopped to put herself in an odd pose with her fingers splayed. Mostly when he talked about himself in the mission.At the end of it, she held up a finger to stop him, and got to work. Within a few minutes, she produced a picture that looked like still life. She didn’t know the details of the tiger or his teammates, but she managed to fill in the details with such accuracy it looked like a still life portrait.

“Hmm… been thinking. Daddy’s never really had too many ‘competitors’ try anything funny. If you’re only going to be here a week, means I might as well ask something stupid, worse that happens if you say no and I ask Mr. Replacement. Teach me ninjutsu! I wanna be like that Aiko girl you mentioned! Or your sensei? Or really anyone really. An artist has to dream. How do you chakra?”

Hideki… didn’t imagine this would come up. Sure lots of people would love to learn ninjutsu but… Well why not?

“Sure, honestly I’ve always wanted to try my hand at teaching. First part will be simple enough, you already talked about it. Chakra, essentially it’s the power of life, chakra flows through the body and by utilizing it through training and effort we mold it into different forms as we see fit.

Watch my arm.” Hideki formed the signs for earth spear, a techniques hes… been somewhat abusing since he learned it. “Here we have a difficult technique called Earth spear, confusing name since it’s not exactly a spear but it makes one’s skin hard as stone, but still allowing free range of movement-”

“Done.”

Her skin started to darken as she followed his hand signs.

Hideki’s mouth and facial expressions didn’t move from the end of his last word as he stared at the young lady. His brain was a comeplete blank, his jutsu ruined from the lack of concentration, his confusion so wild it wasn’t hitting him just yet as all neurons fired constantly in his brain trying to answer the question that took up his whole mind.

What the fuck?

“Uuuhhhhh…. Ummm….” he managed to get out as he stared at her arm. “G-g-g-good job Aito! You’re doing very well!’

HOLY FUCK WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!?

“Ummm… So… You…. Learned that pretty quickly…”

“Really, didn’t seem all that hard? You talked about some life energy you use inside you. Said it was called Earth Spear, so I just imagined earthy feel while you did the handsigns.

It’s what I take my snapshots with. Didn’t know that was chakra. Been told I never forget anything. Not sure how true that is, but Mr. Uesugi had just forgotten his hat in the rain before coming the day he said that, so I’m sure he was exaggerating. Gets so boring though, teachers just quit and I gotta teach myself things. Why arts my calling. Don’t need anyone to tell me if I’m doing it right or wrong, I can tell. Sure there are techniques, but they just help me do it better.

Daddy’s always so busy though, wish he’d let me help. I’m sure I could pick up things just as quickly for him. But oh well. Looks like we’ll be here a while.”

Hideki stared in disbelief…. This girl was an outright genius. At least she could copy whatever she saw… Hmm… Copy and remember anything… Maybe…

The young man smiled warmly, this girl…

This girl would be his ticket to ending this mission within the week!

“Lets talk about it more later, would you mind showing me more of your work? Using to much chakra drains the mind and body you know, so perhaps some tea will help recover from using that technique.” the young man began, he would need to do his damn best. “I’m beginning to think this will be a wonderful week.”

The next few days were fairly… interesting. Every time Hideki walked in, Aito had moved onto a new piece, a different work of art. She did keep returning to the map though, claiming it was helpful. He would notice Aito comb through the newspaper, then add any landscape changes to her map, such as ninja battles, public works, etc.

The rate she learned though, was a bit terrifying. Not only excerpts of Hideki’s ninjutsu, but by the second day she could completely mimic his voice and mimic his body language. She claimed it was funny. Yet she was completely oblivious to the simple things like ‘turn off chakra’, or the concept of walking stealthily. Third day she was mostly in bed from chakra exhaustion.

The fourth day, however, she was back to being ready to go. She greeted him by stuffing writings into his hands she’d handwritten.

“So… you’ve shown me lots of ‘jutsu’. Fun things. Think it's time I return the favor! I wanna show you how to snapshot! That’s what I call it. I mean, its just some stupid thing a girl locked up in her room had to come up with, so maybe not too useful, but it’ll kill time. Man… wish Dad would’ve let me come with him to Iwoto. Oh well. So, uh… yeah, uses I think its yang chakra in your brain? Basically I mold chakra in my heart, and shoot it straight up. Flood the brain with much of the goodstuff as I can get. Sorry, daddy’s terms. Anyways, gave me one heck of a headache at first, but I could remember eeeeverything. So kept doing it, and now I do it like, every fifteen seconds and doesn’t too much matter. So yeah, snapshot, let’s ya remember everything about a moment, and forces you to see things you normally don’t. Like, I swear I could smell green once when I used in a forest. Didn’t notice there was 41 bugs in a tree til after took a pic… am I going too fast? I dunno, just wanna show you something for a change.”

Hideki looked up from his notepad, he had been hurriedly writing this all down, well the jutsu anyways. Iwoto… curious… “Don’t feel discouraged, you made something masters in my craft only dream of getting. The way you’ve explained it may not include perfect terminology but feeling it through is often the best way to do it I feel.

Its how I learned Prideful stand, remember the arm thing two days back? Really handy… Pardon the pun.” Hideki smirked, he cracks himself up, doesn’t matter if anybody laughs hand puns will always be great. There was just so many… AT HAND!

“You mentioned something about Iwoto?”

“Yeah, he goes there ‘bout every month. Brings Hide with him, some chemist guy. Get some supplies there I guess. Cheaper to grab it themselves than hire other people. Always complains about cheapskates doing him in. Hope the new company works out for him. We used to live in a much bigger house. Granted, this one’s much cozier.

Also sorry I’m using new terms here. Didn’t know what yang chakra was ‘fore this week. Just felt some natural power, did what felt right, could memorize things with a headache, kept doing it. But, like, the tech’s really useful. Can’t put into words. Pictures don’t do it justice. Guess it’s worth more than a thousand words? Hmm… Actually… those handsigns you showed me… could you go over them real quick? I might make this a bit easier.”

“Certainly, honestly I’ve been learning about as much as you have, not everyday you get to teach an attentive and cute student!” he laughed, getting ready to go over handsigns. “So, there at twelve basics seals,with practice… or you being you, you can quickly remember them.

Monkey, Dragon, rat, bird, Snake, Ox, Dog, Horse, Tiger, Boar, Ram and…” he sighed. “The… hare… twelve basic handsigns, these make up a majority of your jutsu, from the great fireball to shadow clones. Simple enough, but the hand formations can be tricky, I’ll repeat them as much as you need.” the young man kept being amicable… But… He did get the information he needed… This girl had potential, extreme potential.

And he wanted to see her thrive, but she wouldn’t be able to do it here.. Not under her father… She would likely have alot of cash after the take down… And more freedom than she would know what to do with…

He still had a job to do nonetheless…

...This was… Actually moving TO smoothly… She… couldn’t be feeding him info on purpose… Right?

...No…

She was a honest and eccentric woman, but he’d doubt she was like that…

……

Hrmm….

“Got it! Rat, Monkey, Ox, Boar, Rat! Those are the handsigns that work best. Was just using Rat, Ox before, but well, not really efficient. Also was looking for the handsigns you have for Sandwich technique. Think I can cut it in half. Snake, Tiger, Ram should do it. Man, been a fun few days. Wish it’d last forever. Such a cute bodyguard, and not one attempt on my life, hehehe. Must mean you’re pretty good. Or Daddy’s pretty paranoid. Not sure how much trouble he thinks a pharmacist is supposed to get. Meh. Well, I’ll be painting for a bit. Curious if I can paint with earth jutsu? Won’t know till I try. Hope you don’t mind me in the garden.”

Hideki sighed happily, yep, just a somewhat ditsy young lady genius. “Well, I doubt it’ll be a problem, have some fun and relax. You’ve earned it, take Shapu with you as I need to make a small errand in the town.

Won’t be long, wouldn’t miss you painting with earth jutsu, thats for certain!” Hideki smiled, staying warm and fuzzy, almost as much as the bunny he summoned, which was still colored in a rainbow from the last time it had been called…

He paused for a moment to look up at the map he saw when he first came in… Such a curious map… With… Routes on it? “Mind if I borrow a copy of this? Trade you a bunny?”

He handed over the bunny before disappearing in a small puff of smoke, heading off to make his report….

This was for the best, or so he felt.

“Uh, don’t take it though! Dad kiiiinda needs it. Well hello Shapu. You’re a cutie, ♫Yes you are♫.”

Waiting for the report, the same peacock Hideki had met with before was waiting for him. This time he was dressed in a deep red, feathers coming off of his clothes like flames, and an orange tint to his makeup this time.

“Hmm. I hear tell of very good reports. And to think, the office didn’t think you’d manage it. I told them a cassanova such as yourself would be perfect. So, tell me that juicy gossip.”

“And gossip I have. It seems the caged bird sang freely. She told me all I needed to know… A moment.” He pulled out paper and began to draw the snapshot he could remember… Such a wonderful trick, if only he knew of it back in the academy. “Iwoto, trade routes, Hide the chemist. There are few hands to keep things quiet and cheap. The daughter has been instrumental to this… But she is as innocent as they come, but very intelligent might I add.

It is a shame I had to do this, but that caged bird must be set free. I only hope her wings know how to fly…” he decided against telling of her miraculous ability, the Leaf didn't need to know. They would just use and abuse her, much like everything else they get their hands on…

A casanova…

At least this title was flattering…

“The mansion may hold more, i've found numerous store rooms that had sealed from the elements downstairs, along with a get away tunnel that I've trapped.

No other defensive features to report.” The young man ended his report and sighed. He felt terrible… But this was how it was going to be from the be from the start, a story of friendship turned to betrayal.

Small mercies were all he could do in the end.

“Very good. However, you certainly need to work on your poker face. Getting a little close to the target are we? This is the point I tell you the Leaf knows what it’s doing, have faith in the Leaf, ninjas are just tools, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. However, I find the most… ambitious ninja never throw away what’s important to them. If you kill that ambition, the tool rusts fairly quickly.

Take our Hokage. He’s a giant teddy bear. Strongest ninja in the Leaf. Pain in the ass to work with. Not only does he insist on doing it his way, he’s never wrong. Whatever you’re regretting, fix it. Our raid starts in a few hours. Go, do what you have to in the meantime. Mess things up, well, that’ll just be a good learning experience. Heaven knows you could use a few. World’s vast for a newborn like you.”

And with that, Susumu literally sauntered off. His hips moved more than his legs did.

“I… Thank you…” the young man sighed, keeping his words in mind… Maybe… He should make his plan now, prepare what he can and do what he must.

He had a plan, at least, he was certain Aito would go for it given her… tendencies… but it had to be the day of the raid, and it had to be convincing… Then again, he was already a knight in shining armor, weren't they suppoused to save the princess from a tower anyways?

Or something like that? Man those super foreign stories were wierd.

Witth that the young man set off back to the town, he had to prepare accordingly…

Aito was in the garden, as promised. She’d turned the landscape itself into a portrait of her father. He’d since returned, looking surprised at the turn of events. As Hideki would approach he would yell.

“Boy, what’s with the rabbit? Is a rabbit going to protect my daughter from would be attackers? What’s it do? Is it going to kick me if I get too close?”

He seemed more curious than mad, snorting wildly at the thought of the rabbit doing anything.

“Business is going great! Got a huge party later, boy. I’d say if you’re interested, but you’re sort required to follow my angel, ain’t’chu? *Snort* Heh, do appreciate you entertaining the girl though, some sort of ninja magick to paint? Didn’t think there was a use for it, but guess your the sensei. Glad you taught her this!

Just wish she’d show interest in the family business, but I ain’t one to judge. She can do whatever she wants. Well, I’ve got to get a party set up, excuse me.”

And with that, the pig left, a small man in goggles following quietly behind, probably Hide the Chemist.

Hideki sighed, if only the man knew just how horrifying that rabbit was… Well, at leats when it wasn’t being soothed by being petted. “Party hmm? Well, I suppous that might be interesting… But perhaps another time.” the young man thought as he approached Aito. “hey, hows the jutsu work going? Feeling exhausted today?” he figured he should open with that before dropping the plan on her..

She’d bite, he knew she would, she was to curious of a person not to. Reminded him of Hotaru in a way… He felt a pang of longing for his friend, before awaiting her response.

“Tired? Ha! I learned from that one time, there’s this tingly feeling I get when I get low on chakra. Don’t got that so I’m good. Funny how dad thinks I can’t figure out anything on my own. Oh well. Been thinking of another jutsu idea, annoying me because I can’t figure it out. I call it, Aito’s minute meteors! Kinda hard to pull off. I dunno what’s wrong with it. How long does it normally take to figure out a jutsu?

You look kinda sad. Everything alright?”

She bit the bait easily.

“Really? Already thinking up new jutsu, your a secret prodigy already I’d say. But I want to do some of the basics that we learn just to help you along with your chakra control alright? Plus… Well…” he leaned in close to her ear.

“What do you say we… Go on an adventure for abit huh? Your dad is going to be focusing on the party anyways… And I do know a good place we could go to, what do yea say? I’ll be there so you’ll be safe and I do have lunch to, I may not look it but I’m a pretty good chef.”

Aito made the most shocked face she could at the suggestion, though Hideki might note she was still smiling.

“Why, you almost make it sound uncouth. Eh, sure. Daddy’s parties are always so busy anyways, his friends are always so… weird. More I can get out of it, better it is for me. Gave him the map earlier, he was happy, so I’m free to do whatever it is I want. And I want to go have a picnic! Maaaan… do you have to go at the end of the week? Could I just pay to keep you as my ‘bodyguard’? Then again, makes you sound like a gigolo… Whatever, you’d better make this the best picnic I’ve ever been on! Let me go get my art supplies, never know what you might see, and I’d hate to forget something.”

“Heh, you’d be suprised just how needed I am around the village. It’s almost like they can’t help but use me… Being a bodyguard would likely be a much less hectic job I’d say!” he laughed, and lead her on to get her supplies and head out to the spot he prepared…

In truth, he couldn’t help but feel the pit in his stomache grow from the betrayal he was currently performing… it was necessary, as was this to prevent her from being hurt more than… Well.. In truth he… Wasn’t certain what to do after all this was said and done… But he’d figure it out.

As Aito entered the house to grab her supplies, an explosion could be heard from the house, along with a rather large amount of screaming, all around flickering shadows revealed the true culprit, ninjas. A rather fat large man was kicked out of the house. Moaning on the ground, he looked up to see Hideki.

“You, what are you waiting for? Go get Aito! I knew they’d attack! Those backstabbing sons of-! Damn Minori clan! Go save my daughter!”

It seemed that Kai had yet to figure out it was Leaf ninja, in fact, attacking him.

“Fuck! Not fucking now!” the young man shouted before leaping into the building.

In the 2nd floor, Hideki would find Aito, fending off a man in black garb and a white bird mask. She was making handsigns, and sending pillar after pillar of earth at the man, who easily avoided each. Every pillar came with a hole in the house. He slipped between a few more projectiles, and with a flash of steel passed through on the other side of her. Looking down at his blade, his eyes widened as it was broken in half rather than being covered in blood, Aito’s skin being black.

“Hideki! Help me!”

“Aito!? Fuck, stand down damn you!” Hideki kicked up a table which slammed into a nearby, makeing space between the two, he was yelling at the person in the bird mask as he spaced himself between the two.

“Couldn’t have fucking waited two more minutes…: the young man spat. “Aito!? Are you okay?” he asked behind him as he watched the bird masked person.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine! I gotta protect my dad, Hideki. Still more of these bozo’s around here. Come on, Hideki, I gotta hurry!”

The man in the birdmask moved his head from Hideki to Aito back to Hideki. Grabbing his mask, he removed it, showing Hideki’s next door neighbor, Ren. A simple man who mostly tried giving Hideki gardening tips.

“Hideki? What are you doing? She’s affiliated with the drug dealers. She interfered with me apprehending Kai, the head of all this. No clue who the hell she is in the bingo book, she’s definitely above chunin, however. Don’t tell me… are you affiliated with enemies of the Leaf, Hideki?”

“Do you even read mission statements yea fucking clueless idiot? This is the daughter of the guy! Fucking hell, didn’t even read the fucking report I gave did you? The girl has nothing to damn well do with the father’s drugs!

Do your damn job and just let me handle this mess you’ve made. If you all had a lick of subtlety this wouldn’t have happened!” Hideki was… kinda laying it flat here, but could this dude not be any more stupid? Idiot got himself fucking caught! And explosives? Seriously? “Get lost and let me handle this. Or do you want him to get away?”

“A civilian just launched an piece of earth the size of my house at me?! And blocked my quick silver strike? Tch, I have not a damn idea what’s going on, but you’re right, I can’t let Kai get away.”

With that, he tried to make a leap away, but Aito started a series of handsigns to stop him. Hideki would recognize it as her improvement to Earth Sandwich.

“Hideki? What’s going on!?”

The young man quickly grasped her hands, pulling them apart before the last quickened sign. “I’m sorry Aito, I really truly am. But if you will just listen to me I can explain this, I promise!” he spoke as Ren disappeared, she may have skill with ninjutsu that he taught him.. But she was still just a young woman in terms of fitness.

“Let me go! I can still protect him!”

“No! These are serious ninja! Aito please listen to me! I’m sorry! A long time ago a lot of ninja were made very sick, addicted and nearly died due to a drug your father was selling, instead of stopping he only just continued under a guise and selling it illegally! So many people are hurt because he wouldn’t stop selling that shit, thats why this is happening!

Thats why hes asked you to make those maps.

Thats why his glasses wearing friend looks sketchy, hes a damn chemist for that shit!

Please, Aito, I know it’s hard, but these ninja just want to arrest him. Hes not going to be killed, but his crimes, they must be put to an end! I’ve seen what happens to those people Aiko, its horrid, they don't even look human anymore…” Hideki trailed off, not catching his name mix up.

He also made a lie about seeing the man, but still… he was so deep in a sea of lies right now what was one more drop in the bucket?

Aito looked confused as she did hurt.

“What the hell do you want me to do!? It’s my dad! He told me this drug is a cure! What would you do if your dad was in this, who would you believe? Him, or some, some… some moleman who shows up at your door! Family is family!”

She struggled against Hideki’s grip, trying to break free. Hideki would see Aito’s eyes glow again and again with chakra as she tried to snapshot some solution, but it wasn’t a clairvoyant ability, she had nothing to break free with.

“I'm sorry Aito… I really, truly am…” he looked at the young lady sadly. “This will.. be ending soon. Your dad wont be hurt…” he was so shit at this, what could you say in this situation?!

Sorry I helped bust your dad's drug ring and broke your family apart?!?

He held tighter, he couldn't let her hurt anyone… It would only get her killed..

Aito collapsed in tears, unable to break free. Several minutes passed by with an occasional thud, or wall breaking. After that complete silence was left in the house. Not another soul was left behind.

Hideki stared down at the young woman, he broke this poor thing, he was the true source of her pain. All for the mission, he broke her heart, home, family… All for the leaf…

“...Good bye Aito…” he left without another word, not a tear in his eyes, but saddness filled his heart regardless. His was but a paltry amount compaired to what he had wrought today. He would make his report to the Hokage, he would return home…

But not before he got another visit from the man from before, Susumu, standing a tree nearby his home. The young man looked up to the man, the moon backdropping his, once again, odd looks.

“Come to berate me? Tell me how shit I handled that?”

“Now, how would I do that without a report? I’m not psychic, you know. Regardless, its a success from here on out, thousands saved from the drugs, yada, yada. But, well, that’s less interesting to me. Did you save her?”

Susumu’s poker face was as always, on point.

“Physically, I did. I saved her from engauging an ANBU nin. Or at least, set him to do his actual job… Ren you idiot.. don't bring expkosives to a extraction..” He grumbled and continued. “Emotiomally, she is… well…” he sighed. “I hurt her badly, an understatement but at least she knows why… She will hate me for the rest of my life. But… That likely would have been the end result anyways.

I'll regret it, but we both will live. If her hate for me keeps her alive, thats fine by me… A shame as she was so talented…”

“Well, a ninja isn’t supposed to be in the light anyways. We dictate the world around from the shadows, that’s really what it means to be a shadow, a ninja. I suppose this is out of line for me to say, after all, my only job is to give out missions, but what do you want to happen next?

Her entire family was arrested other than her, the orders were to take and question everyone. They’ll probably be out soon enough, but she doesn’t know that. Is it better for her to wait for a family of crime, or to move on? You said she’s talented, I have no idea what that means, but what do you see happening next? Try to direct it. Well, adieu.”

And with that, Susumu started to fade into a thousand cherry blossoms.

Hideki let out a long, long sigh, try and direct it… In truth it may as well be directing a train wreck. It was just gonna end with him hated more and more pain than he knew what to deal with… But.. he knew what it was like losing a parent… To do this and without so much as any effort on his part to soften the blow, or at least the landing, would be wrong.

She will hate him no matter what.. But… What if…. “The waterfall…. They might be recruiting… A tip off about her might not go amiss.” it appears, the young man wouldn’t be turning in for the night after all.

As for doing this type of mission again…. Well….

The first was always the hardest right?

Second time… Might be easier on him. Besides, he was a jonin candidate, he could handle some more heartache...

"....Wait.. Where did I learn that...?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back