Side Story: Fetch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimiwriter

Ever since the attack by the mist ninja, the border patrols and security have doubled. More border work meant more supplies needed at the outposts; food, clothes, medicine, and tools in order to complete their missions. These deliveries fall to chuunin.

A scroll arrives for each of them.
A mission along the border retrieved an item from the mist village. During your supply run, you will be given this item to bring back to the Leaf. Be warned, the mist will likely try to retrieve it. Deliver your shipment of supplies, retrieve the item, and return to the village immediately.
Team members assemble at the village gate.

Hideki Ukita
An overworked Chuunin

A intercept and retrieval mission it seems, and a hot target no less.

In truth, he was somewhat bushed from the last job... But in the end there really was no rest for the wicked, and money doesn't grow on trees... Especially since now he was paying rent. Which was more his idea than Takara's but given the fact he was pretty much living there now he should give up some cash to help out. Even if hes just a kid. The young man rolled up the scroll and put it into his bag with the supplies there were to be delivered, sure it was a big ass bag on his back but if anything he had been training for this for some time.

Well, kinda, core strength kinda came with what he was gunning for. he kinda wished he could grow up faster so he could be REALLY like his sensei, he WILL have those muscles damn it!

The thoughts entertained him as he came to the gate, the large bag almost a clear head above his own, filled with stuff the outpost needed. He wasn't fully certain whom he would be taking this trip with, but he'd be damned if he was going to be late... Even if there was no time mentioned on the scroll... Wait... How does he know if he is early or late if there is no time on it? Will he be waiting all damn day because somebody else thinks it's good to come in the evening?

Ah shit... The young man thought as he placed the backpack down by the large gates, sitting down and leaning back upon it softly.

"Whoever they are.. they better get here soon..."

Sei Teshima

Sei was determined to be on time. She read and re-read the scroll as she packed. Of course it would be helpful to know what it was they would be retrieving. A scroll or maybe some artifact? It must have been important if they left it out of the mission instructions. Or someone was forgetful and just didn't write it in. Either way, she was going to the border and helping take down the mist. sort of.

Clipping her pouch of poisons to her belt, she picked up her pack and sprinted from her room. She raced to the front door and shoved her feet into her shoes.

"Sei? What on earth--?"

"I have to go. I'll be back in a few days, bye!"
She raced from the house and through the village to the gate. Someone was already there, waiting.

"Hi," Sei slowed to a walk. "Hideki Ukita, right? I guess we're working together."

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Aiko Uchiha

Aiko sheathed her katana and slipped the scroll into her thigh pouch. She didn’t want to have to involve herself with the Mist, even if it was just a delivery mission to the border and a delivery mission back. She deeply hoped that the Mist wouldn’t pursue her and whoever she’d be working with. Speaking of them, they were probably waiting for her! Cursing herself for losing track of time, she hurried into her kitchen, and grabbed the big bag of supplies she’d be taking. It was pretty heavy...

Aiko hurried through the streets, bumping into people as she went. When she finslly reached the main gate, she was happy to see Hideki was also taking part in the mission. Having someone she knew how to work with was comforting. There was another girl there too. Aiko recognized her from the struggle with the mist swordsman. Aiko had no clue what her abilities might be, but was a chuunin, and Aiko was happy to have anyone else to make this mission go smoothly.

Aiko jogged over to the two. “Sorry I’m late. You’re both partaking in the delivery mission, right?”

Hideki Ukita

"Well well, fancy seeing you again." the young man stood up to greet the young lady, before seeing Aiko now showing up herself. He looked to the other girl and smirked. "And here I thought I could get rid of you for awhile. Looks like we're stuck with each other again eh?' he smirked, before waltzing over to his backpack and lifting it back up again. He'll admit, knowing another person in the squad would likely make this go more smoothly, plus, this bag would help out his extra training.

Core strength baby!!

"So... Uhh... haven;t... heard to much about you, and the whole war happening wasn't good for introductions... So...." he looked towards Sei with a bit of a shrug. "Whats your name?

Sei Teshima

"I'm Sei. Sei Teshima. We were in the same class at the academy." Of course she hadn't been the most social at the academy.

"My family made a lot of the medicine that we'll be delivering."
It wasn't vital information, but it seemed like the best way to describe herself. Most of her identity was wrapped up in her family's work.

She nodded to the third team member. "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know your name. But I look forward to working with the two of you." Adjusting her pack, she glanced at the road ahead of them. It was strange feeling so eager to get started of a mission.

Orikanyo Orikanyo InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Kuren was walking towards the meeting ground for the mission with his usual stoic enthusiasm. He was a little annoyed there wasn’t a time on his scroll or move detail about what they were gathering but that was neither here or there. When he came into view of the three other ninja, he wavered a little. He didn’t expect other to be here before him. He was used to being one of the earliest members to show up on a team. Either way, it was rude to keep them waiting any longer. He would have been he earlier if he didn’t have someone restocking one of his scrolls with some new species of fungi.

Once he reached them, he gave each one of the ninja’s a small nod. He knew most of them from his days at the academy, but he really didn’t go out of his way to make friend or even talk to most students back then. “Hello, please excuse my tardiness. For those of you who don’t remember me from the academy or don’t not know who I am My name is Kuren Kinoko.” He looked around at the group and vaguely knew most of them and only ever really interacted with Aiko. Kuren eye’s lingered on her for a moment, but didn’t say anything. “Is there anyone else joining us or should we begin the mission.

Aiko Uchiha

Aiko rolled her eyes, ignoring Hideki. “My name’s Aiko.” she said to Sei, before another fellow approached. He looked familiar, but she could quite place his name.

“This should be everyone. They rarely assign more than four people to missions. Especially nowadays. Let’s get moving to the border.”

Aiko took the lead, walking out the gate without waiting for a response. If anything happened at the border, she wanted to be there to help. Even if she was just giving them supplies, it was better then just sitting around and doing nothing if the Mist decided to get aggressive on the border.

The journey to the border would take a few days, plenty of time for everyone to talk and become friends, or at least less nervous around each other. There were plenty of towns to stay in during the night if they wanted. Fields lined most of the roads before giving way to dense forests. Clouds overhead crowded out the sun and warned of an approaching rain shower.

Last edited:
Sei Teshima

The hike was long but not difficult. Nothing compared to some of the things Koma had her do. A simple delivery mission was a nice change of pace; no yokai to worry about, but she did wish Yukari or Misumi were part of the squad; someone familiar who she knew she could count on.Of course, the weather might slow them down. Shrugging away the worry, she glanced around at the others. Aiko seemed to be a natural leader. Sei was more than happy to let her take that role.

She glanced at the others. Kuren was vaugley familiar, he was one of the top students, but she knew little else about him. He looked so serious, it was a bit unnerving, though she'd have to talk to him at some point. Maybe after she was a little more comfortable with the group. Why did her shyness have to kick in now? She fell back to walk beside Hideki. "Hey," she suddenly realized she had no idea what to talk to him about. "So . . . how's your team doing? Everyone seemed a bit shaken after the attack." Probably not the best place to start but it was common ground.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Keeping his gaze forward kuren continue on right behind Aiko and had the two other two, towards his back. When he noticed the cloud overhead, he let out a bored sigh. He didn’t mind the rain, but he’d preferred watching it from a covered area.

Kuren looked back for a quick glance at the other two and noticed that Sei had fallen behind. He wonders about the other ninja’s and their abilities. If they were going to work together they need to be in sync and understand each other. kuren tried to suppress his racing thoughts. Instead, he jogged up towards Aiko. “Uchiha, I believe you should slow your pace a little. We don’t want to be caught in a bad formation.” Kuren slightly stumbled over his next words. “I also am wondering how you of managing, I know the attack on the village had a big impact on your clan.” Kuren tried to choose his words very carefully. Still, there wasn't much care or sympathy in his expression. InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

"My team ended up well enough. I ended up the most hurt in the end, but I healed up and made sure that something like that couldn't be done again." he spoke frankly, trying to wave off the thing. "Can't say I know to much of yea Sei, you helped out abit in the invasion but that aside we've.. Never really talked.

So... Got any hobbies? Aside from beign cute as a button." he flashed a smirk, no sense not playing, it was a long walk ahead.

And it seems it was going to be an even longer one.. As Kuren just... Said something real stupid... Smooth, walk up to a girl and say "Hey heard half your clan got killed that sucks right?" hideki braced for impact... One he had felt many times himself.. Atleast he knew he wouldn't be the one in the dog house this mission.

Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Without a word, Aiko turned and planted a fist into Kuren’s nose. The sucker punch would likely knock him off his feet.

“I’m managing just fine without being reminded of it all the time.”

Two red eyes with a single black tomoe glared down at Kuren before quickly turning away. Despite being a bit upset with herself for losing self control so suddenly, Aiko had intention of apologizing.

“I’m going to scout ahead, and make sure the way’s clear,” Aiko stated loud enough for everyone to hear, before leaping up into the trees and speeding on ahead. It was true that Aiko was managing just fine, despite the Uchiha having been nearly wiped out. The only thing about it all that really got to her was how little she cared. Why didn’t she feel torn apart by it?

Sei Teshima

Her cheeks burned with her blush. 'Cute as a button'? How was she supposed to respond to that? Hobbies. Hobbies. "I garden. My grandmother and I; sometimes a few of my little cousins join us, but it's usually just us too. At least it was until I started at the academy." She paused. Better to keep her family matters out of the mission. "I've started experimenting with natural toxins. They're some of the most beautiful plants but I have to keep them in a greenhouse so the little ones don't get into them.

Putting on a polite smile, she nodded to him. "What about you? Or are you like some shinobi who just train all day and night?"

Just then Aiko turned on their other teammate and hit him. Sei slowed a step. Kuren hadn't been all that sensitive about the Uchiha clan so she couldn't blame Aiko for her reaction, but still . . . even if she did have a short temper. She reminded Sei a little of Yuukari. probably would be best to find a different way to get to know her during their journey.

"You alright?" She asked Kuren as she approached and offered a hand to help him up.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Orikanyo Orikanyo

"Well I-" he was about to respond when the punch came.. yep... Expected that one. "Smooth man, smooth..." Hideki sighed, scratching behind his head. "man.. I've seen her pissed, but thats the fastest i've seen her go from zero to a hundred. Might be a record." The young man stretched his neck abit before looking to where Aiko went.

"Whelp, I'm gonna go and make sure she doesn't get lsot or something. Stay beautiful Sei." and with a wink and a smile he set off after the angered young woman, sure as hell not gonna try and sit there and console the guy, plus he was betetr at handling an angry Aiko than most the leaf, her father being the best of course.

"Hey aiko, wait up." he called ahead speeding up to match pace.

Kuren felt the sting of his nose as he landed with a thud on the ground. Kuren sat on the ground putting pressure on his nose as he watched Aiko leave with a bored expression on his face. Kuren then turned his gaze to the other two ninjas as they approached. He latched on to Sei’s hand and got to his feet. He nodded at Hideki as he went ahead to check on Aiko.

he checked his nose to see if it was bleeding, luckily it was not. It was sore and would sing for a bit but it wasn’t anything he couldn’t handle. That’s when he finally addressed Sei, “thank you for your assistance and yes I believe I am fine. After all, it was my fault for being insensitive to the event that happened to her clan.” It was a strange contrast for Kuren to acknowledge and accept blame for his action but he expression and tone didn’t align. “I am not very good in a social setting so I really shouldn't be surprised with someone reacting that way to my words. We should keep moving, we don’t want to fall too behind.” He began to walk forward but started at a slow pace to make sure Sei could catch up. "I believe i remember you from the academy. Although i don't believe we ever actually interacted before."

By the time Hideki caught up to her, Aiko had already begun cooling off a bit. She was far from content, mind you. She slowed to a stop, pausing on a thick tree branch. She sat against the tree trunk, her red eyes watching Hideki approach.

“I don’t need help scouting you know,” she stated, displaying her displeasure. Now this idiot probably had something dumb to say too. She had thought this mission would go a lot smoother than it had already. Ninja were supposed to control their emotions and hide them, but apparently she’d forgotten. Aiko hoped Hideki wouldn’t mention anything like that.

"Course not, but you expect me to stick around with the smooth talker?" Hideki smirked standing on the branch as well. "Can't say thats the best way to introduce yourself. "Hey how are yea?did you know something terrible happened to your family?" Pff, Guys gonna make alotta friends talking like that." he spat tot he ground below looking at the girl and her newly red eyes. 'I'm still not used to it yea know, kinda miss those beautiful blues of yours." he smiled abit.

"Reminds me of my buddy Yuuki, how have yea been with em? Any big differences?"

Sei Teshima

Nodding, Sei adjusted her pack and quickened her stride. Slowing everyone down wouldn't make a good impression and she wanted someone to think of her as a decent ninja. "That's partly my fault. I did a lot on my own." She shrugged. "Always been a little nervous when people watch me train."

The road was pleasantly quiet for the time of day. Perhaps people were still nervous about leaving the immediate safety of their towns and villages? Of course, it also made their little team stand out more to anyone who might be watching. But they were still safe in the Leaf territory, so Sei wasn't too concerned just yet.

Passing closer to the side of the road, Sei bent and plucked a small plant from the ground. She pinched on of the leaves before tucking the plant into her pouch. She'd wait until they stopped for the night before processing it.

"What about you? Not a people person or just things to keep you busy?"
InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Once Sei caught up to him Kuren, he began to increase their pace. He didn’t want the team to be separate in case of an attack. “That is understandable. I can very much relate to training a lot on my own. Are you still nervous when others watch you train? Especial now that you have a team to support you and help you? From what I can tell so far, you don’t seem any less of a ninja than anyone else on the team.”

Kuren notice when Sei plucked the plant from the ground and for the first time you saw his curiosity and interest peaked. Kuren questioned Sei's actions with his eye but wasn’t sure if she would be able to catch on to his non-verbal question. it appeared that both Sei and himself had some common interest when it came to fauna and flora .“I would say that it a combination of both. When I was younger I generally quiet and very sheltered by my father. His death meant my grandfather took on the role of raising me. his focused and priorities were different from my father.” There was a slight hesitation with his words and a small hint of pain when he mentioned his father. you also could tell he was purposely being vague and omitted his mother. “Grandfather didn’t really believe in me socializing and instead wanted me to focus on training and my studies.” Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Sei Teshima

Sei nodded. She could understand an overly controlling grandparent. "I'm not sure why grandparents think that's such a good idea."

Up ahead, she thought she could see Hideki and Aiko moving through the trees, though it was hard to tell with the branches and foliage. She quickened her pace a little. Falling behind wasn't ideal considering where they were going.

"I've . . . been pretty busy helping my family since the attack. Not much time to train when you're making medicines." She shrugged. "Kuro helps me practice but my teammates . . . I've got a lot of catching up to do."

Honestly it was silly. Why was she so worried about training with her teammates? And why was she so open to discussing it with someone she didn't really know?

loyalwolf loyalwolf

“Grandfather means well. He is trying to prepare me to take over the clan and make sure that there is no arguments about me being in charge. Yet, I have come to terms with the fact that his treatment wasn’t the best. It seems from your comment you first hand experience with a controlling grandparent or family member?”

kuren voice sound level and really didn’t expect an answer form Sei over her personal life. He was simple stating an observation. If she wished to confirm or denied, he wouldn’t react or judge either way.

Looking up ahead for the other teammate and wishing there was a way to contact them. “I wouldn’t worry too much. It's good you want to improve and get better, but you also should have confidence in your own skills. As ninja we should try to make each other better. I’ve recently learned everyone has room to grow and you shouldn’t be ashamed of that.”

“It's interesting you claim to be a medicine maker. One of the staples of my clan is being able to grow specialized fungi that are used in medicine. We also grow other materials. I even have a private garden that I have grown rare and new breeds of fungi and some flora. So I think it’s a very beneficial skill to have someone who can create medicine. That makes you more valuable and rarer than most ninja.” Though his words were encouraging and nice it didn’t seem like a pep talk.

Once he notices that his teammate were taking forever scouting ahead, he decides they weren’t going to wait anymore. “Let's go. I think I have given them enough time to take it out and cool down, but I think you should be the one to play mediator when we catch up.” With kuren took off to where he saw his teammates. When he spotted Hideki and Aiko, kuren stayed trailing a bit behind. Kuren waited for Sei to make contact with one of them before he completely rejoined the group. Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Orikanyo Orikanyo InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Last edited:
The shinobi continued on the trail, pausing at noon to eat and rest before traveling on. They decided to get as far as they could before sunset. Thankfully the rain stopped and the skies cleared as they began setting up camp for the night. If they set out early the next morning and made good time, they'd make it to the border by the next evening.

Meanwhile, a squad of Mist ninja raced towards the border. "We need to rest," one of them said, "if we run into a fight--"

"Not until we find the ones responsible. If that scroll gets too far into Leaf territory, we're looking at an attack on our villages and if that happens we're fucked." The apparent leader put on a burst of speed, forcing the others to do the same. "We'll rest once we're closer to our goal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back