• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Shut up and drive (Group Interest)

okies, so I have some questions.

Is there going to be some kind of plot to this RP? From the req, it seems more like slice-of-life racing enthusiasts. Like, Fast and the furious, but without the action and heist. But maybe I read into it wrong?

Other question, since I'm an irl gearhead, is how true to form are we keeping with technical knowledge of cars and such? Are we gonna get into deets like cubic inch displacement? Differential ratios? Rockers, roller, cams? Different kinds of trannys? Turbos and Superchargers? etc.

And last question. I'm more of an offroad enthusiast more so than street racing fan. Would you have room for a character build around that? (This of course pending on the answers to the first two questions)

Good questions.
There isn’t much of a plot to this RP, it’s a sandbox RP. But, of course, there’ll be action here and there. They do races secretly in the small town they stay in, etc.

I don’t know too much about cars, myself; but I’m trying to learn more- bear with me.

You character can know certain things about cars depending on what you want them to know. Some of the members might know some things, and some won’t. But they can use specific terms of the cars, if they want.

And yes, that is perfectly fine. Your character doesn’t have to be into racing.

I hope I answered them properly 😅

Murdergurl Murdergurl

There isn’t much of a plot to this RP, it’s a sandbox RP. But, of course, there’ll be action here and there. They do races secretly in the small town they stay in, etc.
The sandbox aspect has me wary. Simply because RPs without a plot direction tend to not really get anywhere after people make their character intros and entry conversations. Players will pair up and kind of go off on their own and the RP meanders into... nothing. If y'all can figure out some story structure, then I'd be much more inclined to join in, tbh.

I don’t know too much about cars, myself; but I’m trying to learn more- bear with me.
I used to have ASE certs, actually. Steering & Suspension, Brakes, and Engine Repair/Rebuilding. But I also had a lot of friends who were car enthusiasts. Mostly, I just fixed things and installed "upgrades". But they were all about "modding" their cars up. Imo, they were basically just paying money to give themselves car troubles, but whatever. lmao

You character can know certain things about cars depending on what you want them to know. Some of the members might know some things, and some won’t. But they can use specific terms of the cars, if they want.
In my personal experience, most people that are into racing/motorsports tend to know more about the mechanics of their car than the average joe. If for no other reason, they will know about the specs of their own cars and how to do work that does not require expensive specialty equipment. But since this gang of racers seem to have their own hang-out, it stands to reason that the bottom garage would also host a shop, no?

In other words, each driver would also be their own mechanic to a certain extent.

And yes, that is perfectly fine. Your character doesn’t have to be into racing.
I think you misunderstand. Offroading has its own brand of racing. The Baja 1000 is probably the biggest, international racing events in the world. The top class Trophy Trucks are literally "million dollar machines" that are sponsored and raced in the same means as NASCAR. Robby Gordon is a multiple title winner of the Baja 1000, actually. One of my personal favorite offroad races is King of Hammers.

Last edited:
teluhtubby teluhtubby
okay, so i made a basic character sheet. I started it as a wip. But then realized that the CS's everyone was submitting were pretty lite and casual. so I'm calling mine done, and awaiting approval.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back