Other Shout Out the Homies!

Brendanfp

Black Otaku
I'm not sure if this is going to work the way I want it too but I am gonna try!

This is an appreciation thread! I am gonna shout out 8 people on the server and I hope that those people will follow suit and also shout out a few homies of their own! I have been wanting to do this for a long while so today I am finally acting on it.

BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Purize Purize

Bug & Purize! Thank you both for introducing me to this amazing community! You guys continue to be two of my closest friends and I wouldn't have gotten to make such great memories of role-playing with my friends otherwise.

Idea Idea

Idea! The absolute nicest person on this entire website! I adore the way you greet new players almost religiously, and you are everywhere in the community. It is clear that you love this website and I hope we have you for as long as possible! You also were the GM for one of my best roleplaying experiences on the server so thanks for that!

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Beast Souls, Code: Feral, Summer Setting Dawn! Silver, you probably don't know this, but you are the single greatest gm I have gotten to play alongside. The effort you put into both the setting and players is awe-inspiring. You are level-headed and patient, but most notably you are always incredibly dedicated to delivering a fulfilling story. Thanks for dealing with my dumbass, and thanks for the memories.

Rantos Rantos

Rantos man thanks for being a real homie! One of the very few friends I've taken from this website into other aspects of my life. The characters you create are so real and honest, it makes me jealous sometimes. Your writing style is akin to poetry and I absolutely love it. Role-playing with you has been tons of fun, and I hope the future is just as bright.

pbtenchi pbtenchi

Pb! Roleplaying with you has left a serious impression on me! You are wicked smart and your characters are always interesting in the best ways! Even outside of RP I had tons of fun discussing anime theory with you. Someday I hope I will be able to capture a portion of the genius for myself.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Quirk you are the most consistent player I have ever met, it is insane! The importance of that trait cannot be understated. You are the glue that has held together many roleplays! I strive to one day be able to achieve that level of dedication to anyone one thing. You have a bright future ahead of you. Keep being awesome!

Last edited:
I adore the way you greet new players almost religiously

Unfortunately I can no longer claim credit for doing that, but nonetheless I am quite happy to know you think of me in such a great way. Despite some current limitations I have, I hope to continue to be able to live to your expectations :)

Now, for some calls of my own:

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite This is a site full of aspiring writers, and you brought something we all could use: Knowledge born from experience, and placed somewhere accessible to us. On top of that, you're attentive to people's needs and requests, and you're quite friendly to boot. I am incredibly happy to have had you around, and if I do manage to succeed as an author, I hope to remember the aid you provided.

Kaerri Kaerri Of all the staff, I always found you to be the most friendly and approachable. While I naturally appreciate all the work the staff puts in to keep this site running smoothly as the great thing it is, it's also nice to have someone around who makes them feel less like a distant force operating beyond our reach and understanding. Thank you.

RandomBlobMan RandomBlobMan be it Sunny or raining, you're always around. The conversations aren't super developed, but seeing your (true to your name) random jumps into my profile or discord, seeing your familiar "face" around has alleviated the pain of a bad day more than once. Keep up the great work buddy, I wish you the best!

Sherwood Sherwood I don't think I'll ever get enough of the puns and little jokes you drop on your profile from time to time. As with anything they have their ups and downs, but rarely do I come out of them without at least a loud chuckle. I don't know if they are actually yours or you're fishing them out of somewhere, but either way I love to see them and you bring them to us. Thank you.

kett. kett. What can I say except "wow I'm impressed!"? We first met over a cute profile pic, and how that escalated into a friendship is one of the wonderful things about a place like this. To be honest when I first heard you wanted to be my partner, I was a bit skeptical it would work out. After all, we didn't meet over an interest check, and your writing style at first didn't seem to me like it would be up to my standards. However, you blew all out of that away, you went above and beyond and now we have one of the RPs I currently cherish most. I know you went through some rough things recently, but I am happy you seem to be doing better, and I'll continue to pray for things to get even better for you.

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer I am really happy to have you as a friend. I am happy to be able to trust someone as much I feel I can trust you. There are ups and downs here or there, but that's the way it is with anything. You've seen sides of me I wouldn't dare show to most people, and despite that you're one of the people who's sticked by my side the longest. Things are rough, very rough for you, but I'll say this: I really appreciate having you as my friend.

Onmyoji Onmyoji Crayons Crayons nerdy tangents nerdy tangents Apologies for lumping this shout out together for you, but it just so happens the reason is the same: I see you around all the time in the roleplay discussion section, and you always seems to bring great and thoughtful insight into the mix. The angle is entirely different from my own a lot of the time, and I do believe I've metaphorically butted heads with nerdy in particular a fair number of times, but I really appreciate what you bring to the table in that subforum.

And lastly, I'll give a shout-out to Brendanfp Brendanfp as well for this great thread idea!

Edit: One extra person I wanted to thank Edythir Edythir . They are another friend of mine who has sticked with me for a long time, someone I love to hang out with and who's great patience and friendliness mean the world to me. I absolutely love hanging out with you, I love having you around, and I love our roleplay together. I hope it will last for a long, long time :)

Last edited:
What can I say except "wow I'm impressed!"?

Right back at you, man! Your greeting and then quickly escalated friendship made me realize that there are always hidden gems in every corner of the internet, all across the world (well, you're not so much hidden since you contacted me, but I hope you get my point!). I appreciate all of your support, both emotional and with developing my writing style. When I first joined, I didn't have a style of my own, and you helped me realize that I needed to be happy with myself first, and then find others who like my writing for what it is instead of catering to other's wishes. You can draw a lot of life lessons out of that alone. I'm always happy to RP with you and pour all of my creativity and cat-puns into something that is cherished by the both of us. P.S.: You also pop up in my prayers quite often :)

HowlingWoods HowlingWoods I bumped into you in an interest check. I scrolled around for a few hours before deciding to message you since I wasn't sure I liked the prompt, but boy oh boy was I proven wrong when we actually got to talking! Your openness to being my friend, your loyalty and your kindness touched me deeply and made me wish nothing but the best for you. You're one of the few people in my life who know the grittier things about me yet chose to stick around and I'm constantly grateful knowing you're just a message away, even if there are times when we talk less, or RP less. You're not just an online friend, you're a real friend. You're always gonna have a special spot in my heart. As for the RP, I absolutely adore each character we've created together and I look forward to each of your replies like a child for candy.

Lycan Queen Lycan Queen I was skeptical when I first met you. You were a ball of energy I wasn't ready for, being the introvert that I am, and we even butted heads a few times when we first started talking, but time fixed all of that, as I slowly started opening up to you as well and as we talked every day, revealing more and more personal things to each other, until nothing was too private to share anymore. Now I can wholeheartedly call you a friend, and even when both of us went on hiatus almost exactly one after the other, we kept in touch. You are an amazing artist, your writing is beautiful and emotionally charged, and you have one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen. You've been through so many things, yet you're still bright and positive when others need you. I'm certain that our RPs will come back to life as well when the time is right. I know you are going through a very rough time and need space, but I'll always be just a message away.

Blancsan Blancsan I felt I was rather creepy when I messaged you, yet none of that mattered to you. You were more than open to hear me out, to RP with me and to talk to me. You always seem very sweet, approachable and kind, and your dogs are adorable. I appreciate the fact that regardless of how long it takes us, we always reply to our RP. I don't plan to give up on it, as it is one of the most long-lasting ones I have.

GreedyBoy GreedyBoy Things may have ended badly between us, but I have no bad blood against you. I will choose to remember the better things, the good times, the jokes and all the fun we had together, since you're one of the people who made me laugh the most in the history of ever. We created a beautiful story, even if it ended abruptly, and I will cherish that memory. You'll always have a special place in my heart, even if you don't want it.

Ash_phoenixcat36 Ash_phoenixcat36 Sorry for the alert considering you're inactive on the site as of late, but I couldn't have made this post without mentioning you as well. Honestly, I didn't even think you liked me much at first, but that all changed when I told you I could be your friend. We've kept in touch almost every day, even if we stopped RP-ing a long time ago, and I'm always glad to see a discord message from you, to hear that you're doing better, or to be there for you when you're down and need someone, or simply to vent. You're a very sweet person and I appreciate having you as part of my life to this day.

kasswrites kasswrites Again, I know you've been inactive and you might not even read this. Having you as a partner was one of the best RP experiences I've ever had, even if we didn't manage to finish any of our stories. The way we clicked, enjoyed the same things, appreciated the same music, the same themes, planned everything out, even almost had the same writing style... It was surreal, and as all good things, it had to come to an unfortunate end. I deeply hope you're doing well and kept the promise you made to me. I think about you often, I pray for you, I even dream of you sometimes.

Thank you, Brendanfp Brendanfp . I may not know you, but I'm grateful you gave me the opportunity to write about all of those people who are so dear to me.

Thank you so much Idea Idea It's a lot of fun discussing things with people who have different opinions, otherwise it's just self-congratulation and that's not mind-expanding at all.

I don't really like these kind of threads so I'm not going to tag anyone but I"m sure my homies know who they are and that I think they are awesome. :)

kett. kett. I second every sentiment here, and I'm not ashamed to say you made me blush. You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and you have a sense of perseverance that continues to astound me. You're amazing, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. <3 You taught me a lot about friendship, struggle, and tenacity. I love you dearly, and I always look forward to hearing from you, even if I sometimes struggle to initiate those conversations. And I'm always up for more bambi gifs, any time of day or night. xD

EllieMcEllie EllieMcEllie You're one of those people that even if our RPs tend to fizzle up fairly quickly, I'm still very glad to have met you. You taught me a lot about how sometimes, even if your circumstances aren't the best, you have to push through and be the best you that you can be, anyway. I know you have it in you to sprout into something amazing, and I hope you know that your journey to independence has always inspired me.

Rayna Rayna Our RP is one of my favorites, even if we have been taking a lot of breaks. Your writing style is very unique compared to most people I play with, and it continuously makes me question my own writing style (in a good way!) and think about things like how often I use clichés in my writing. You've helped me improve as a writer as a result, and I love plotting with you. I'm always impressed by your abilities to juggle your newborn child and your hobbies, despite some less-than-ideal circumstances. And your voice is beautiful.

LunaKItara LunaKItara I know things between us didn't end the best way, but I want you to know that I still hold our RPs fondly in my heart, and I'm glad you've found a partner that can meet your needs better than I could. Andrew will remain one of my favorite characters from a RP partner likely for years to come.

LichLeechBeach LichLeechBeach I don't think you're active here anymore, so not sure if you'll see this, but I wanted to say that our Nikiera RPs still hold a fond place in my heart, as well. The fact that we started RPing with their kids before they even liked each other in the main RP still makes me crack up. I wish you good luck with your roleplay, wherever you are. :)

Pastelwytch Pastelwytch
I know I just met you,
and this is crazy,
but here's my idea,
so RP with me, maybe?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist! xD We have so many RPs going rn it's unreal, despite having just met a couple weeks ago. I appreciate your willingness to put up with my BOUNCY brain that seems to constantly come up with new ideas. I know I can be a bit spastic at times, and I do hope to return to some of our older rps periodically. I hope we can continue to have a beautiful friendship together.

I, interestingly enough, don't know too many people here. That being said, I know how amazing the members are. I don't think so many people would continue to stay around each other if we didn't appreciate what everyone has brought to this site. Which, I've re-read my introduction here and boy, guys, I definitely didn't come here with high hopes due to other rp sites. I'm glad I was proven wrong.

andujarprime andujarprime - he was the first person I roleplayed with when I made an account here. At least, the first roleplay that took off for a while. I didn't have the roleplay well fleshed out at all, it was aimless, my character wasn't well done, there was a lot wrong with it. Frankly, when I read back on it, I often cringe at myself, though, I also can see some of the embers of when I began to take more pride in my writing. The roleplay didn't last, rightly so, but I'm happy that it fueled my passion for storytelling again.

Svisttt Svisttt Coriander Coriander Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 NyxDarling NyxDarling Danidify Danidify Little_Willow Little_Willow , Just A Midget Just A Midget Beckspace Beckspace Katsuya Katsuya girl_on_fire girl_on_fire - Whew, a lot here. The other roleplay I invested a lot of my time in was a group roleplay I created. That entire group I hold quite close to my heart. The participation, characters created and world-building was a lot of fun with this group and they put in the effort. Unfortunately, not all are still active and after this roleplay, I left RPNation for a while. At the time, I was very distraught that the rp didn't make it and given, just like prior, I cringe reading back through that roleplay now... at least my parts. But it is still a piece of me that I love. They were a very encouraging group. I believe that I came back a year after leaving, and by that point, it was crazy to see how much my art and writing had grown. Thanks to this group for being one of the first and motivating me.

Svisttt Svisttt - He was in the group above, but I wanted to mention him again. Kind hearted, down to earth, sweet guy. I don't quite remember what was said or what words exchanged between the two of us, I just remember that it felt warm speaking with him. There was a point that I had a chance to hear from him again, he reached out, and I was simply happy he was doing well. I imagine he's a member that many people on here should meet!!

ArcaneDreamer ArcaneDreamer - Someone filled with motivation, drive, determination and wonderful story writing. I can be one of the worst people to get in contact with (ahem... because I often read a message and forget to respond), but any time she reaches out to me, I can't help but feel glad that she remembers me. If you want someone spectacular to roleplay with, find Arcane. You will do yourself a favor just by making stories with her.

FaithWynters FaithWynters - I became a helper for the site this last year. And I'd like to include ALL the staff, but I'm going to shout out to Faith here. I'm easily fearful of people, conversation and the like. But Faith, there is no way I could fear speaking with her. She is precious, adorable, lovable and needs to be protected. I swear, if she disappeared from RPNation, the entire site would quake because she's just a treasure.

Calibutcher Calibutcher - And the final person. If I didn't shout him out, then there is surely something wrong with me. You, yes you, you know who you are, has become one of, if not my closest friend. This guy, and I sure hope he doesn't think it is weird that I'm shouting him out, is my current rping partner and quite frankly, basically my only one. (For good reason and it'll probably stay that way for a fairly long time.) He and I have been working on a story for almost a year now. His communication is outstanding, better than my own and he has only ever added to the story we are creating. He's taken lead over it, has dealt with what I've thrown at him and he is, truly and entirely, an architect of stories. There will come a day that people will see what he has created and wish they'd always known his creations exist. He has brought so much light and laughter to both my life and my husband's. We love this guy. I need him to know how awe-inspiring and marvelous he is. He's also the nicest. You heard it here.

Oh also walkthewolf101 walkthewolf101 - I love you. Nuff said.

Omg this whole thread concept is just so wholesome ;-;

FIrst of all, shout out to Brendanfp Brendanfp for going out of his way to make this wonderful thread! I think it's such a clever and bright idea <3

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite My first reaction to your rp idea was literally 'wow, this is magical'. I was initially quite intimidated and scared because the standard your writing placed was just- wow. But you were so kind, supportive, and inspiring that I tried to bite through my insecurities and write some of my most enjoyable posts. Though I 100% agree with the cringe statement (for my own posts, that is), I still think fondly of those whimsical days <3

lion. lion. My buddy for what feels like a lifetime already ;-;. My initial response to seeing you was both utter excitement and absolute dread because your posts were really just something else. I am so happy that we got to enjoy countless convos together, and I am beyond thankful for your contribution to FORTEANS even though you will do anything to weasel your way out of taking credit.

A A Bottle of Memories wowowow WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOU. You came barging in with paragraphs of lore, suggestions and ideas and I was like??? Who is this person and why are they so amazing? There was no doubt in my heart that you'd make for a great co-gm, and I still stand by that sentiment. Dankjewel <3

Kimby Kimby Queen's Hand will forever have a special place in my heart, and I earnestly dread not putting in as much effort as I could've! I hands-down consider you my favourite GM, and I aspire to exude as much clarity and kindness as you did <3.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Togy Togy Hanarei Hanarei Keidivh Keidivh Ganryu Ganryu Y'all gave me so much confidence during the RWBY days and I will forever be grateful of the banter we've had <3. All 5 of you were also so approachable and creative, which meant a lot to me even though we, unfortunately, had to stop our journey too soon. I hope our paths cross again in the future!

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit I don't think you actually know this, but you were in my first attempt at ever GMing a roleplay (it was an owari no seraph RP). I WAS ABSOLUTELY PETRIFIED and had no idea how to even begin managing a group, but you were one of the people whose support made me hopeful. Even though it ended up being one heck of an embarrassing fluke LOL, I remember you as one of the people that really impressed me and I was sooo happy when you joined the RWBY rp. All the best wishes <3

Foster Foster I've always been fond of our interactions and really enjoyed the roleplays we were in together! I hope your current projects/rps are going well!

Idea Idea I remember you welcoming me to this site, congratulating me for my birthday, and giving me some incredibly sound advice about GMing. EVERY TIME I SEE YOU, YOU BRING POSITIVITY. Thank you so much for being that one super friendly stranger.

And ofc Pipsqueak Pipsqueak Umbral_Arcanist_XI Umbral_Arcanist_XI vellichxr vellichxr solarsaphia solarsaphia Skawly Skawly ClownPope ClownPope diwa diwa , and Plutoni Plutoni . I LOVE YOU ALLLLL and I am still so so blessed to have every single one of you. I was initially afraid that Forteans wouldn't be able to get off the ground, but you all collectively proved me wrong and have been giving me so much energy to keep this party going. Thank you for enduring my sea of google docs and for showering me in love with a tsunami of support;-;.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back