Other should i be embarrassed or not?

rxvenx

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
this may sound stupid, but my rp partner was gone for about 9 days (for the past 7 months this never happened before). so i decided to text them a paragraph asking them if everything is fine, that i'm willing to talk about things outside the rp, how i care about the rp and asking them if they wanna continue. then they texted me that they're dealing with covid in their family and must take care of their sister. why didn't i send just a stupid "hey, is everything fine?" text? i feel so embarrassed lol, but maybe i'm just overthinking it and it isn't a big deal to them.

Misunderstandings are common, you never know what the other person is doing so it is normal to think that they are avoiding you or something but most people have a reason like this one person told me they had to deal with family. And then people pop up out of nowhere to tell you why they did not respond so it is just a waiting game and sometimes it can be long.

So do not feel embarrassed, it is common to have a misunderstanding and I can tell ya a lot of users here had been though that, they just don't share it.

Tbh I don't think I'd feel much different receiving a paragraph of concern for myself and the RP than a line that says "hey is everything okay?"

Both are valid and are just different ways of speaking!

From what I understand, asking them if everything was fine was also one of the points you made in your message, so I don't think you did anything wrong!
They know you're concerned about them and are still interested in the rp, so when things go better they'll know they can resume it.
I hope everything goes well.

I agree with Onmyoji it seems you did ask them if they were okay. I might follow up with a reiteration of "I'm so sorry that is happening, feel free to vent to me if you need to." I have had plenty of partners respond to my kind of box standard "Are you okay?" response with genuinely awful real life circumstances. No one is really offended, if anything they seem to appreciate being checked up on. As long as your next post isn't "Sounds bad, so when can you roleplay?" I think you're good.

Misunderstandings are common, you never know what the other person is doing so it is normal to think that they are avoiding you or something but most people have a reason like this one person told me they had to deal with family. And then people pop up out of nowhere to tell you why they did not respond so it is just a waiting game and sometimes it can be long.

So do not feel embarrassed, it is common to have a misunderstanding and I can tell ya a lot of users here had been though that, they just don't share it.
Tbh I don't think I'd feel much different receiving a paragraph of concern for myself and the RP than a line that says "hey is everything okay?"

Both are valid and are just different ways of speaking!
From what I understand, asking them if everything was fine was also one of the points you made in your message, so I don't think you did anything wrong!
They know you're concerned about them and are still interested in the rp, so when things go better they'll know they can resume it.
I hope everything goes well.
I agree with Onmyoji it seems you did ask them if they were okay. I might follow up with a reiteration of "I'm so sorry that is happening, feel free to vent to me if you need to." I have had plenty of partners respond to my kind of box standard "Are you okay?" response with genuinely awful real life circumstances. No one is really offended, if anything they seem to appreciate being checked up on. As long as your next post isn't "Sounds bad, so when can you roleplay?" I think you're good.
thank you so much for your answers, they did comfort me. i just felt like an impatient, whiny asshole after receiving that text and learning that they're dealing with some tough irl stuff right now. i responded to them that it's absolutely fine they didn't let me know and wished their family the best. simply i was scared that they suddenly lost interest since the rp means a lot to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back