Story Short Stories with Folly

Folly-Derrezzed

Heaven restores you in life.
This is where i will post short stories of random and...whatever. Feel free to comment and figure out my vague stories.

The Wanderer
It moved across fields of cold ivory and death, its path imprinted in the ground until the northern winds swept the fields and smooth any signs of movement. It looked across a shadowy valley to behold the remnants of a life long lost to this world. Its eyes gazed in all time, unaffected by its passage. It lifted its blindfold, stepping into a field of icy rubble and crossbeams whittled to dust. It opened its eyes, the deafening winds of age silenced. And before it, laid sanctuary.

A wide path made of smooth asphalt. Phantoms walked in crowds. The chatter of life would be overwhelming. Its eyes snapped to the growl of a large black beast roaring down the worn black path. It flinched, closing its eyes to behold the buildings that once touched the skies had disappeared--replaced by eroded rock and ice.

A Sabled Beginning
Within the last eastern district of the City of Spires, lies small honest shops crammed into the corners of the metal walls that curve into a convex ceiling miles far above reach. One of these shops is a family owned cybernetics and auto shop. Its exterior seemingly melded with the wall, posters and flyers tacked onto the brick and black metal. It was opened currently. See, the shop doesn't have sliding doors, but rather a massive shutter that would seal the store and the garage. It was four years ago, today, when i first met Maple Merribel. She is a kind lady.

When i first met her, i was still coming off a daze. Yknow, when you stand up so fast you go blind? Its like that fore except for that year. I dont know who i am, or what i used to be. But i will always remember that day...
Humans and aliens alike walk down the streets of the City of Spires. The ceiling cast a holographic illusion to hide the fact there is a ceiling there. So, it looks like blue skies and clouds. No sun. Yet its always warm and somewhat humid. One one of these concrete paths was a small lost lamb, looking for their home wherever it may be. For as long as the lamb has been walking, they had been searching for purpose and refuge. Today, marked the day their life changed. Within an alleyway, a lady was getting mugged by a tall dark clothed man. She handed over her purse and case full of shiny things to him before he ran. I couldn't let that slide. Its..sickening. I remember getting pretty pissed then things becoming a blur. I ran faster that i could conceive, and tackled that man down. He pulled a gun on me, finger ready on the trigger. An action i swear wasnt my own..i grabbed his wrist and broke it. He was screaming under me. I blacked out not too long after that, waking to be standing in front of that old human. Her items in my hands. I have it back to her. She looked at me wide eyed, as if i had saved her. She smiled and hugged me to her stomach. It was strange and familiar. She asked if i lived somewhere near. I shook my head. He nodded and offered to bring me into her home and business. Well, forced me really with cookies. The lamb found their shepard. She taught me all about mechanics and biology. It crazy. Organics are so..fragile. So lively. She made the effort to understand sign language just so i didn't have to write down everything. Ive worked there, paid and all, for four years. Thats when my daze ended. I felt whole.

As small as her business is, she has alot of regular customers, some being government officials asking for parts or if she could build something. She always comes out on top. Nutty. I live with her, in her house on top of the store. Its small and modest, like her. Like me.

A past life unspoken.
I never speak about my dreams. Have you ever sat down and wrote what you dreamed before you forget them? I do. Constantly. Every night, its a fight underneath my linen bed-sheets. If i could sweat, id be waking in oceans. Instead, im left with this cold and hollow feeling that sits at the very depths of my stomach. Like a abyss. So small but so dense--much like swallowing a metal ball. It just sits there. And you wretch to get it out. I make my way to the common area where i look out the window. Its raining once again. One thing ive found solace to is confiding to the rain. Its so deafening and every drop is so soft. Yet every storm leaves you beaten half to death. I meditate out in those showers to find some semblance of clarity. From these..memories. Do you believe in magic? Im not so sure myself, but something isnt right.

These images. They are of this figure. Its me. Its me, with the exact same scar on my right shoulder, crawling up my neck. Deep black scar tissue. No scales. Thats the only thing my body couldnt regenerate. The frostbite from my accident three years back. Except in my dreams...it wasnt with liquid nitrogen. It was against a lich.

The Lizard walked in the snowy fields, practically half buried in white ice flakes that blew from the sky, downwards like abuse. I..he..wasnt alone. The Lizard had several other members with him as well. A tall black furred rabbit clad in brown and blue coats and belts. An odd one at that. He was thin, not one to keep a sword. Instead, he rather used his medicine. Never killed with medicine. Its scary how he resembled Jackie. I remember his face before i met him a year ago. Along with him is a bright yellow bunny, with runny caked on makeup with a brazen attitude. She was never one to complain, but would rather grumble incoherently and make up words to express distaste. Her name is Nana now. Its so odd. Life has a way of circulating around. Used content is refreshed, polished, and reused.

The sound of metal clunk against metal in a rhythmic march. The grinding of servos echoing throughout the damp tunnels of the boiler rooms. The pipes whistled and rumbled with cold water, the sweat condensing around the diameter of the copper-colored shaft and dripped down onto my face. It ran down my cheek as I hid in an old maintenance shaft in a deft crawl. The march grew louder. The hollow thumping of its chicken feet against the grated pathway as the hall willed with crimson light, shining off of the humid viscera deep within the Exodus. My breath was as shallow as the darkness that swaddled my shoulders, only dispelling for a brief moment as a tall figure turned the corner. Its face was featureless in the dim light, except for the ghostly visage of three pinprick lights that cut through the darkness like a hot knife through butter. It was almost hypnotizing, how the dots danced in the dark like a playful creature. I knew better, though. This thing is scanning for me. Its flesh black, and the metal that covered it reflecting some of the light that was cast overhead.

Its head turned sharply in my direction, which made me impulsively squirm in the shaft to dodge its gaze. My efforts were vain as the walls constricted me. I crawled further into the shaft, hoping that the exit would place me at a considerable distance away from the monster. Suddenly, the shaft was filled with red light, my shadow escaping faster than I could. I look back. It was kneeling. I could hear the sound of light chirping before a buzz. There was a rumbling as if a thousand small beads dropped to the floor. Suddenly, my belly and hands were covered in a viscous, gelatinous, fluid. It was chrome-colored, much like the beast's armor. Suddenly, the fluid covered me. The shaft was being flooded by the beast's visage and I have swept away from my freedom. I with and squirm, but the mass had me pinned. Some of it was solid and cuffed my hands. I closed my eyes, fearing the penetrating and soulless gaze that met me outside.

It growled, erupting with a sound similar to that of hardbass. The liquid that enveloped me moved and puddled off to the side, struggling against a drain and deciding to solidify in a comprehensible shape. Feminine and yellow. Long blade-like protrusions grew from its head before flopping slightly. "Sigh, you never let me have any fun. What will we do with them?" It said in a low mumble. I struggled confused and fearful. It is embarrassing. I've always been a fighter my whole life. More split lips than I have birthdays. I take my freed fist and swing at the void in front of me, only to find to my horror that my hand is now broken. The three dots that float in the non-reflective glass that made its visor widened and beamed, creating streaks of light in my vision.

"Don't kill me" I muster, with whatever breath I had in my lungs from the pressure that this metal thing placed on my chest. "I can get you whatever you need. I can help you! Just don't hurt me" I say between gasps as the tall voluptuous lagomorph leaned forward with a grin like a shark, crystal blue rings glowing faintly. "What can you do?" she prodded with a chuckle. It took me a second before looking off and back into the rabbit's eyes. "Material. Machinery. I'm a scavenger. I go through warzones for the material. Tech-" That caught the things attention. It shifted, moving its more than solid hands to my collar and grabbing it. I was lifted off of the ground promptly and to my feet. It bowed slightly before creating a warbling noise. "That'll work. Do you know someone?" As a matter of fact... I do. A couple of someones.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just doing a Lil imagining how I would think an introduction to the existence of Nana and Tin-Tin would go. The thing is this, they have infiltrated the Exodus through the exhaust, making their way through the very lower levels of the ship, to which they cross paths with a familiar face. Daniel Fetcher, a scavenger of Carmina warzones for technology. This piqued interest within the two and have "convinced" him to take them to where he sells his parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back