• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Short Scene - Cowboys and Cattle - 1852

CorralDust

By hook or by crook
Does anyone know cattle? Like... you've actually got some hands on, real-life experience?

I know horses well enough to feel confident writing them, but I feel a little iffy when I'm writing about cattle. And since my bounty hunter has a cowboy background, I'd like to learn!

Frank Efferson
th-1419477-1569035569.png

Character Sheet: Cowboy » Frank Efferson at the RP Repository

I've played Frank here before when he's quite a bit older and life has jaded him a bit. So I thought it would be fun to play a younger, more reckless version of him. And hopefully come out on the other end with a little more knowledge and a better fleshed out backstory!

I have a short story in mind where Frank, just turned 18 (in the year 1852), takes his first job at a cattle ranch and needs to learn the ropes. Ideally, your character would be his mentor, allowing him (and me!) to learn a little bit more. Throw all the lingo and know-how at me! I'm definitely up for brainstorming a scenario that you find interesting. Dealing with rustlers? Part of the herd lost in bad weather? Driving them from point A to point B when some other trouble strikes? Heck, even a short romantic fling (if your character happens to be female).

Right now, I'm envisioning this as a pretty short RP. But hey! If we're having fun, we can always spin up a longer adventure!

I'm encouraged by the fact that your username is farmgirl! :xFwink: That seems to bode well for some cow-know-how!

Any of the above scenarios sound like they could work well?

I'm encouraged by the fact that your username is farmgirl! :xFwink: That seems to bode well for some cow-know-how!

Any of the above scenarios sound like they could work well?

All the scenarios sound like plausible things that can happen in a season. With such a green hand many mistakes can be made. It’d be possible to push the cattle the wrong direction because of bad weather and In turn a few head don’t survive the winter.
Anything is possible so I’m up for whatever haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back