If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
"I beg of you, remember my name, for I may not myself…."
My old add needed some updating.
As you may have noticed by my username, I am Lucyfer, ever on the search for RPs. I'm an old-time RPer now in my early 30s (in case age is an issue), with lots of interests, mostly in the realm of fandoms, or fandom inspired. My greatest interest tends to be Star Wars, but there are others. I work full-time, but I'm still working at home due to COVID so I have more free time to write. The main thing that keeps me away from writing right now are sleep, working out, and video games (mostly on the weekends). I have two cats, and I like to keep my life boring, so I don't have too much else to say, haha.
Check my rules, I have a code in them that I am now literally telling you about in bold so you don't miss it.
Check my interests, if you see something you like and the rules suggest we're compatible, hit me up!
1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.
2. Please be able to play all genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.
3. I always double regardless of pairings involved, so you are also expected to double.
4. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings. Will also probably do MxNB, FxNB, and certainly trans pairings, but I stick to cis characters for myself.
5. I only RP on threads, (or GDocs in rare cases), so no PM, kik, discord, e-mail, or other rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!
6. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.
7. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.
1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.
2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".
3. Do not bump our thread if I have not posted. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.
4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.
5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I may make rare exceptions.
No I’m not done with my Star Wars bullshit, no I don’t plan to be done with it, here’s what I’m looking for!
Note: I don’t RP in High Republic, Old Republic, Prequel, or Clone Wars era. I am also not yet familiar with Legends (I have the old Thrawn Trilogy to read but I haven't done it yet). I RP in Imperial Era and Sequel ‘Verse.
1. I want to play Mitth’raw’nuruodo/Grand Admiral Thrawn in an RP across your OC or possibly a canon (Eli Vanto and Ar’alani are on the table, Pryce and Hera are not). I’d love to have this story involve Thrawn learning more about the Force, as it ties to some of what he’s trying to do to help the Chiss with their Navigators. Ideally, on the other side, you would play Cal Kestis or Trilla Suduri, and I’d take over the role of another Inquisitor, or a Force-User with the Empire not with the Inquisition.
2. I don’t mind who I play in this, I’ve done Cassian before, but I’d love to do a plot with an Inquisitor OC and Cal Kestis.
3. I also don’t mind who I play in this plot for you, but I’d enjoy a plot where I play across Mitth’raw’nuruodo. I’ve done it as a surviving Jedi before, but I’m open to Imperial Officers, Rebels (with or without the Force), Inquisitors, or Rebel Spy/Imperial Spy (somehow it’d be funny if an Imperial Spy was caught by Thrawn amidst a group of other rebels and for some reason there are difficulties proving it – but a Rebel spy in the Empire probably works better).
4. Also don’t mind who I play in this plot for you, but Trilla for a Surviving Jedi. Ideally, a redemption plot for Trilla.
5. Not craving as much, but I also enjoy RPing across Rebel Holdo, I just don’t have any good ideas right now.
1. I have a Sith Lady I’d love to play across from Kylo Ren in a plot that ideally gets dark, rather than redemptive. Palpatine’s role can be discussed, the Sith can either be his apprentice, or from Darth Vader’s line (we all know Sith didn’t really follow the Rule of Two). I’d prefer to play as either Hux, Phasma, or a Dark!Rey for this, since, you know…dark path. However, I’m open to careful negotiations of Light Side roles, and even MC death at the end. I’m open to a redemptive plot with Kylo, but it’s not as interesting. Also open to the Sith Lady and Phasma in this.
2. I also have Sith Lady thoughts for playing across Force Sensitive Finn, or Rey – this would be lighter, ideally redemptive for the Sith. Open to playing Kylo (assuming redemptive path), Hux (assuming the same), Poe, Finn, or Rey.
3. I have a Trueborn Hux character (younger sister of Hux, born to Brendol and Maratelle), I’d like to play across Kylo Ren or Poe Dameron. Kylo, ideally, as a dark storyline, Poe as a redemptive one, though I’m still open to Kylo Ren redemption options. Depending on the storyline (redemptive or not) will determine which canons I’d be comfortable playing.
4. I have a Knight of Ren I’d love to play across Finn, Rey, or Hux. These characters are not the same as shown in the movie, but based on the idea that some of Luke’s padawans joined Kylo Ren and joined Snoke. So we’d be going off-canon with the history of the Knights and likely nixing Ren from the lore (comics, Rise of Kylo).
5. I also have some Tarkin OCs that I think would be fun to play across Poe, Finn, or Phasma. They’re usually neutral until the Hosnian Cataclysm, then they choose to go against the Order, so they’re potential allies for Leia to recruit, or the Order to retaliate against.
I enjoy both Bloodborne and Dark Souls. If I’m honest, I enjoy playing Bloodborne more, and may even like the story more, but the NPCs of Dark Souls hurt me in my feelings. The music is also always on point. That moment when you meet Vendrick? Or when you give the Firekeeper her eyes? Good LORD. And don’t get me started on Solaire or Lucatiel.
With that said, I have a few different ideas for how to proceed in both verses, but one thing I’m not too keen on, is dimensional warping. I know it’s a component of the games to allow summons, but I don’t think it translates well into RPing.
1. Gehrman is killed by the Good Hunter. He is replaced by the Good Hunter, who starts a new contract with the Moon Presence. What this means is that any hunter still alive, who was once drawn into the Dream, can be drawn in again (those who chose to let Gehrman kill them at the end). The Good Hunter, either by choice or not, ends up bringing into the Dream those who had chosen to leave it. The plot for this could be that the Good Hunter is wanting it to be finished forever, so they’ll likely try to guide the Hunters to figuring out about the Moon Presence, and use their dislike of being in the Dream to get them to want to end it forever, and not just this Nightmare cycle.
2. Gehrman is killed, and the Good Hunter becomes the new “Moon Presence” after defeating Flora. A new Hunter is chosen to replace Gehrman, as the cycle did not end. The Good Hunter as a Great One yearns for a child, and has one with Analise of the Vilebloods (they had offered her the ring before, but she rejected it for she was meant to give birth a child of the blood…now she has). This act has caused a significant problem, for this child more fully links the Dream and the Real World together. Hunters are called in again by the “new” Gehrman – and must figure out how to end this, once and for all. Willing to do this with a mix of Hunters called to the Dream, and those not (and so those not given that immortality of the dream). As for how things could be solved, I have brainstormed ideas, including: Finding the actual Paleblood, Finding the Source of the Old Blood (likely in Isz), Sending the Old Ones away/back into their respective realms, creating a vaccine to remove the Old Blood thus limiting their influence, creating a serum to enhance the connection to the Old Ones/Forced evolution (likely a “bad ending” route), Save the Nightmare Infant (since it always dies, maybe this time if it lives, things would go differently). Open to other ideas, too!
1. The Ashen One chooses not to light the Fire, and becomes the Lord of Hollows. This is now history, like Gwyn linking the flame. The Ashen One remains, but long life, and being one with the Flame, have taken their toll. The Ashen One may be our Vendrick, or may be our Gwyn, depending on how we take the story. In either case, Mankind has succumbed to being Hollow over time, and many of the places where there were living humans, have been overrun with hollows, the “true shape” of man. Sentience has waxed and waned with long lives for so many. The Gods have fallen. In the early years, the Ashen One portioned out parts of the new Flame to their close followers, such as Anri, for as we know, when flame spreads, it grows, not weakening unlike Lord Souls when split. Except, with none tending it, many of them ended up losing themselves to the flames, having their identity burned up. So what is the goal here? Well, that is up to the characters, but the “straightforward” goal is to either put out these flames entirely, or unite them, to restore the First Flame.
2. Taking the story of Dark Souls 2, the Bearer of the Curse leaves the Throne of Want to find some other way. They do not link the flame, and no one comes to follow them to do it. The world is plunged into darkness. New beings arise in this darkness to rule over the dark, and old ones return – and as before, the cycle continues, leading to the flames beginning to sputter anew, and embers to dance across the darkness, blessing a chosen few with power to stand against the Dark. Our characters are these, or tied to these, in some fashion. The Bearer of the Curse will be either the main villain, a guiding NPC, or something other – for discussion.
3. Taking place after DS3, with the assumption that once again, the flame was linked…and once again, the world is in ruins with a fading flame. We can take inspiration from the other games so far as what the paths are for our characters, and how much history has degraded since then.
4. Something more with the Furtive Pygmy and the Dark Soul. I’m thinking this could tie into my first idea, if we make the Furtive Pygmy one of the potential “bosses”, by the pygmy returning to collect the Dark Soul now that it has grown and spread so much, and been further empowered by the flames. I’d also be interesting in doing something with Manus, seeing as how when he was split, he became four Queens – I wouldn’t mind those coming together again, or splitting further, for new beings of the Dark.
I enjoy Final Fantasy 4, Tactics, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12. I haven’t played enough of the others to say, though I did play 13 and I thoroughly despised it. I will not be playing FFXV, and probably not any future FFs, either. So this is what I’m looking for in Final Fantasy RPs!
1. Post-FF8 story, Gardens are still around, as are SeeDs, but they’ve changed as the world has changed. How they’ve changed, we’ll figure out, though I imagine it’s more of a focus on monster hunting, magic research, and things of that nature. The story will involve the return of Hyne, and his place as the main villain, as he tries to restore himself (by killing Sorceresses so his power can return to him). Hyne will have a Knight as well, a reverse of the usual (Hyne being male, the Knight will be female). Our story will definitely require a Sorceress and her Knight as main characters, and then we’ll fill out the rest! One thing about Guardian Force Lore: I imagine the GFs were created by Sorceresses for their knights, so that is something I’d like explored in the story, as well.
1. A story Pre-Yuna, and so one to end in tragedy. A summoner and their party venture to Zanarkand, and take the usual path. Despite knowing the end, I’d love to build up the story of the group, the tragedy, and possibly extend it beyond the death of the summoner if it seems appropriate. I’m also open to discussion of them learning the truth and trying to do something else.
2. A story set in the same ‘verse as Yuna, only Tidus and Auron join with another summoner. Honestly, I just want to play an OC Summoner across Seymour, so this is a shameless desire. I’m open to playing other canons for you or figuring out how to make this work.
1. This would be putting OCs into the story of FFXII. I think there’s so much that can be done here, and expanded on with the lore, as well as the struggles of the MCs.
Original Final Fantasy
1. I have one great story running with Arcanist on here, but I wouldn’t say no to more! I like to pull from things like Zodiacs, Chess Pieces, Playing Cards – heck, probably even Flowers, Elements, or what have you, to create a theme and build the characters into that theming. I usually like to have the Summons be a major part of the story, and not just something you “pick up” along the way, whether that means limiting the summons, or making it so only one or two people can use summons. I don’t have any ideas currently, but I’m willing to brainstorm!
I'll be watching Season 4 here soon, but I don't mind spoilers. I'm looking to RP across either Carmilla or Trevor, willing to double up as: Alucard, Sypha, Lenore, Hector. Could be talked into Isaac, I enjoyed him immensely. Hesitant on Dracula. Talk to me about others.
1. I have a witch who's either in or near Styria I'd love to rp across Carmilla. They would have a familiar that I would play, or if you want to play a demon, I'm open to negotiation here. They're not a Speaker, their magic does come from a demonic alliance. I'd imagine this most likely as a Pre-Dracula Death thing, possibly Post-Dracula death. I've tried it out before with the witch ending up going along with Carmilla to Dracula. I haven't tried it post yet, but it could easily be arranged. No doubt the plot would follow the story for a it, before veering off with the idea that Carmilla might be redeemable (I'm okay if we turn this tragic and she's not).
2. I have a Roman vampire I think does well across Trevor or Carmilla.
2a. With Trevor, I'd like them to be a friend of Dracula/Alucard who's chosen Alucard's side and come to help him deal with his father, thus getting mixed up in all of that.
2b. Post Dracula with Trevor, it could be continuing his adventures to deal with monsters and he tries to take down more vampires as they vie for power, and ends up against her. Obviously, I'd prefer neither die in the first encounter, so we'd have to work some things out.
2c. Carmilla -- as an open enemy against Dracula, my vampire would serve an interesting role for Carmilla to use in her machinations against Dracula, while still appearing as his ally.
2d. Post-Dracula, someone in Carmilla's way of domination, since they're a powerful vampire making a bid for leadership.
Inspiration: Lovecraft Country, H.P. Lovecraft, Junji Ito, Berserk, Stephen King (Desperation/Regulators, The Shining, The Stand, Dark Tower series), Vampire Hunter D, Bloodborne, Night Vale, Silent Hill, Mercy (comic), "I'm a Search and Rescue officer for the US Forest..." creepypasta, The Seekers creepypasta, perhaps some sprinklings of World of Darkness (VtM and VtR), and even Black Butler.
Listen, I don't have a plot for this kind of thing, but these are things I would like.
1. Eldritch Location. A place that is in some ways cursed/blessed/haunted. I've imagined it as a place where an Old One or an Eldritch Horror died, but since they aren't a part of Earth, they can't exactly just decay and go about their own way. Their influence remains, their pain remains, and their curse remains. I've imagined possible scenarios of their desire: to incarnate again, to "go home" (this could cause plenty of conflict, as opening a door always means other things can get through...), to protect their offspring (perhaps it's already too late, perhaps not), or to simply have revenge. It could even be a mix of things.
2. I enjoy Faustian contract type of things.
3. I enjoy "this is fine" concepts -- think the Search and Rescue and Night Vale, where things are obviously Not Right, but people are mostly just accepting it. I'd like things to kind of spiral to the point that they realize shit is real, and/or our characters to make it so shit is real.
4. I also enjoy Terrible Ties, think like The Man in Black and Roland Deschain, D and Dracula/Sacred Ancestor, or Griffith and Guts, even in some ways Ciel and Sebastian. I'd love to somehow involve that in this.
5. Long epics. Dark Tower and Berserk immediately come to mind. I'm sure pockets of Eldritch Locations could be involved, or the goal could involve reaching an Eldritch Location to fix the problem.
6. Cults, cults, cults, cults, cults. And corruption. I love the idea brought forth in Lovecraft Country of trying to get to Eden, I've always thought that's a great idea. Or trying to make the world a perfect paradise, purging all Sin through some sort of ritual -- these things are G R E A T.
I like a lot of things. Some things I have ideas for, some things I just like the concept of, and some things I'm not feeling right now, but could be swayed, so here's a list of things I would want to RP in, or just like the concept of, and would be willing to work out something similar. These are the ones that don't have their own tab.
Willing to RP in, With Canons
Vampire Hunter D
Dragon Prince (I have an idea for a human Dark Mage across Aaravos)
Game of Thrones (Bolton and Reyne OCs for days)
Wonder Egg Priority (mostly non-canons)
Lord of the Rings (I have an Easterling Gal I'd love to play across Faramir, possibly Aragorn. I don't know the Hobbit Films)
Avatar the Last Airbender (I like Azula; I'd want this post-canon)
Willing to RP in, Sans Canons
Vampire Hunter D
Wonder Egg Priority
Resident Evil (Haven't played beyond 7, though who doesn't like Lady Alcina?)
Fallout (Particularly Fallout New Vegas, but open to creating our own thing)
Willing to use the Concept
Vampire the Masquerade/Vampire the Requiem
Wonder Egg Priority
Locke and Key
Sandman Series (Neil Gaiman)
Vampire Princess Miyu
King Arthur (reincarnation in particular)
1. As a fan of Masquerade and Requiem, I do enjoy Vampires that typically have some sort of additional powers, although I'm also willing to play them as just suped-up humans. I am NOT willing to play them as daywalkers, or play with daywalkers. The sun hurts them.
2. I also don't play them as mortal enemies with werewolves. I see no reason for it in most cases (WoD excluded). I actually prefer the thought of them helping each other out.
3. I have thoughts of a Vampire and Werewolf living together; both my OCs.
4. I also have thoughts of a Vampire Family, either two siblings of sorts, or a trio spanning the ages.
5. The problem I find with most vampire plots is, well, the LACK of plot. I need something of substance.
6. Did have one good RP based in the future where vampires ruled the world. There were 7 heads, there was a rebellion going on, one vampire that was a direct descendant of the one of the heads had turned against them -- it was epic. Alas, it didn't conclude.
7. Vampires and Hunters that work TOGETHER to keep peace in the world.
1. Four Horseman released early and the problems that causes is always one potential plot.
2. Reincarnated apostles and the new Christ and Antichrist. Judas's redemption.
3. Seven Deadly Sins incarnated and messing the world up.
1. Red String of Fate, only it's Hatred. Rivals from across time keep reincarnating and having to deal with each other, sometimes remembering, sometimes not. I'd love to play it out across different time periods, leading to a modern-age or future-age plot where they finally have to work together for something.
2. I also enjoy some stereotypical "lover reincarnated" while the other is an immortal, only I would really like to see that the immortal has moved on, while the lover comes back to life expecting to return to their arms (they remember), and how it could be dealt with, IDEALLY in a healthy way that shows the value of past love and moving on.
3. Haunted House is actually a portal to another realm and now you're in a new world, with the powers of the Halloween Costume you were wearing. (So if you dressed as a vampire, you have associated powers and weaknesses in the other realm).
4. King Arthur, in modern times. The King is reincarnated...and so are all the damned problems.
Greek Mythology/Gods in General
1. So I got caught up with Lore Olympus; I do not want to do a Lore Olympus plot, but I'm open to using Greek deities in modern times or doing some weird things with Olympus.
2. Generally speaking, I like to retain certain "rules" about deities -- virgin goddesses will stay chaste (Artemis is the one exception since she has it written into her rules that she can change her mind), and some other things.
3. I'm not familiar with Percy Jackson. I'm not interested in Percy Jackson.
4. I am familiar with Blood of Zeus, but I didn't enjoy it.
5. I don't actually have a plot, just a vague interest here. Modern times or "era appropriate" times. Open to possibly considering other pantheons.