• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings shiny & new.

witchingly

welcome.
hello! i'm witchingly and i wanted to go ahead and make a brand new shiny search thread to detail some of my cravings, both original and fandom.

i've been roleplaying for about nine years-ish now, and i've come a long way from what i used to do back then. here's a bit about me and my roleplaying style before we delve into the other details, so you can determine right off the bat if you think we'll be compatible or not (please go through it all or don't bother reaching out to me!):
  • i'm over 18 and am currently between jobs. i work from home though, so i'm typically on my laptop most of the day.
  • huge fangirl. felt the need to mention that.
  • i average around 3 - 5 paragraphs per character. i can do more, but rarely do i write less. usually i just match my partner.
  • comfortable portraying both males and females though primarily in mxm or mxf pairings. not too big on fxf at the moment.
  • love, love, love using face claims.
  • hate rom coms but for some reason, i'm a sucker for romance when it comes to written stories.
  • #1 horror fan.
  • i love getting to know my partner! you can expect a lot of chatter from me (and a lot of gushing over our story and characters).
  • in it for the long haul.
if there's anything else you'd like to know about me, feel free to ask! i'm an open book. also, if you've come this far and you're still interested in reading further, great! please be sure to pm me with a little intro about yourself and your writing style! i will simply delete comments posted in this thread, and anyone who reaches out to me with a simple line asking to rp will be ignored. sorry, but it's the only way i can sort out the people who actually take the time to read what i write, because i will always do you the same courtesy.
guidelines.
there are a few things i expect to see in every partner, and unfortunately, if you don't meet the criteria, there's a good chance we won't hit it off. trust me, it's worth a read:

• i would love someone who can match my writing length, or at least meet the minimum requirement. more is always great but if you can meet the minimum, we're good.
  • i require a partner who loves plotting as much as i do. it can get tiresome, being the only one moving the plot along, and it will definitely lead to me losing interest if there's no equal investment from both ends.
  • i'm looking for someone who's flexible when it comes to characters. i usually have no set gender in mind to play since it highly depends on the plot and my mood, so please don't come to me if you only play one gender. we're not going to get along, if that's the case.
  • i love playing multiple characters. i mean main characters as well as additional NPCs to help drive the story along. call it doubling, tripling, whatever. i'm always down to play multiple mains if the plot has the room for it. i will not, however, force another pairing into a plot just for the sake of doubling. not if it doesn't fit well.
  • i'd ideally love a partner who loves to write romance since most of my roleplays will have romantic themes (along with a lot of drama, angst and tension).
  • when it comes to fandoms, i prioritise canon x oc over anything else though in some cases, i do love canon x canon as well. oc x oc is definitely a possibility, but falls last in the interest scale. it all depends on the fandom. i also definitely double when it comes to fandoms, but if you're cool just portraying the canons i've mentioned, that's fine with me too!
  • i require character sheets be made, and i require a face claim be used for characters. the detail of our character sheets is totally up to you, though i generally favour less detailed ones, so we can flesh out our characters as we roleplay.
  • last but not least, please follow all rpn rules!
  • oh, and like i said in the previous slide, PM me if interested with info about yourself and your roleplaying style. do not comment here.

plots snippets.
here are a few plot snippets that i've left purposefully vague so we can build on them and plan a story together! if a role is underlined, it means i prefer that role. if no role is bolded, then i have no preference.

we did something stupid
a group of teens/young adults mess around near a restricted site and wake up with powers the next morning.​

parent teacher meeting
one's a single parent and the other's a teacher. both meet at a bar and hit it off with a promise to see one another again. only it comes sooner than they expected when it happens to be in the teacher's classroom, while the parent is picking up their kid. surprise!​

the boss's child
the boss's child isn't so much a child, but they're certainly off limits. it would be a huge violation for anyone to start seeing her. especially the boss's right hand man.​

spy vs not so spy
one's a member of a high order and the other's a spy in that order. they hit it off, and a romance blossoms, but what happens when it comes to light that they're both on opposing sides of the war?​

what do you mean you don't know me?
one's a famous celebrity, let's say a singer, and the other's in the wrong place at the wrong time. they never wanted to go to the concert and suddenly they're being picked to go back stage. now one's bored and the celebrity is not happy to meet someone who doesn't even know who they are. the audacity!​

the school for pretty plastic people
one fits right in with the rich crowd, the elite. the other clearly doesn't, but their paths cross somehow. let the drama ensue.​

your average high school
a group of teens belonging to various 'cliques' are somehow all connected in one big, messy love story. oh, the opportunities are endless.​

the reunion
either with just two characters, or more, but essentially, after drifting apart after high school, friends (who were maybe more once) are brought back together after the death of a mutual friend.​

right out of a horror movie
either a couple or a group of friends go to some ski resort for a holiday where they end up getting snowed in. along with that, it seems as though something more sinister has joined them.​

this job sucks a little less with you
one's a personal assistant and the other works there full time though they're beginning to wonder where their true interests lie. a small office romance blossoms right under the boss's nose — oh, and he happens to be the personal assistant's father.​

wait, you?
one's a hero. one's a villain. both are masked and hate each other. in real life though, the two of them constantly dance around each other due to the attraction they have for one another. so, when's the news going to break? (could throw sidekicks for both into the mix)​

it's complicated
she's got a popular jock boyfriend but she seems more interested in the resident bad boy who's been her friend forever and has harboured a crush on her for a while. meanwhile, her best friend doesn't seem to understand her growing interest in someone who's clearly not good for her, and she seems to share that sentiment with her boyfriend — and they seem to get cozier than they should when one's already in a relationship, and with her best friend no less.​

welcome to the castle
one's royalty and the other is far from it, but something about them just keeps that royally spoiled brat wanting more.​

fandoms.
here are all the fandoms i'm interested at the moment, ranked in order of preference. i've listed only one love interest for each fandom because i don't intend on budging so i'm sorry if that interferes with anything! i'm open to doing split roleplays though, so we can both get what we want.

star wars (preferably the sequels, but i'm familiar with all the movies, as well as the mandalorian)
love interest: kylo ren/ben solo​
canons i can play: poe dameron ; finn ; luke skywalker ; rey ; han solo ; anakin skywalker (i'll try my best)​
canon x canon: rey x kylo ; poe x finn​

harry potter (all eras ; familiar with books and movies)
love interest: draco malfoy​
canons i can play: harry potter ; ronald weasley ; the weasley twins ; hermione granger ; luna lovegood ; remus lupin ; sirius black ; severus snape ; cedric diggory ; neville longbottom​
canon x canon: hermione x draco ; luna x draco​

the hunger games (familiar with books and movies)
love interest: finnick odair​
canons i can play: gale hawthorne ; peeta mellark ; katniss everdeen ; johanna mason​
canon x canon: n/a​

the maze runner (familiar with books and movies)
love interest: newt​
canons i can play: minho ; thomas ; gally ; brenda​

percy jackson (PJO & HoO ; books only)
love interest: percy jackson​
canons i can play: luke castellan ; jason grace ; leo valdez ; nico di angelo ; annabeth chase ; piper mclean ; frank zhang ; will solace​

teen wolf (all caught up)
love interest: stiles stilinski​
canons i can play: scott mccall ; isaac lahey ; derek hale ; lydia martin ; alison argent ; malia tate ; liam dunbar ; theo raeken​
canon x canon: stiles x lydia ; stiles x malia ; isaac x malia​

marvel cinematic universe (excluding x-men)
love interest: peter parker ; loki laufeyson​
canons i can play: bucky barnes ; tony stark ; steve rogers ; natasha romanoff ; wanda maximoff ; clint barton​
canon x canon: bucky x natasha​

stranger things (all caught up)
love interest: steve harrington​
canons i can play: pretty much everyone​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back