• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Crayons

Iconoclast
Hello! I'm hoping to put together a group to do an RP based on the Shinsengumi. Depending on interest, this could be fandom/crossover fandom between various Shinsengumi-based fiction, or more realistic. I'm cool with a mash-up or just focusing on one, or making a completely original scenario using the Shinsengumi as a base concept.

I would be looking for RPers who are comfortable with a non-GMed storyline, where players contribute ideas and are focused on furthering their own characters' own goals and motivations and helping others achieve theirs. Post length would be somewhere between 250-600 words per post (2-5 paragraphs roughly).

These are some of the Shinsengumi media that we could look at basing the RP around, so if you have an interest in any of them, that would be a great starting point. I have starred the ones I particularly like/am most familiar with.

EDIT: Most people seem most familiar with Hakuoki, so this may be the fandom route the RP takes.

Hakuoki*
Kaze Hikaru*
Peacemaker/Peacemaker Kurogane*
Shinsengumi! the NHK series*
RuroKen/Samurai X
Touken Ranbu
Various movies*
RL (lol)*

Thank you for reading! Hope some of you lovely folks will want to join me. :)

Last edited:
We talking samurais right? I know of this from gintama

Are we gonna parody stuff?

Would you be interested in more of a fandom RP for Hakuoki then? Would you play canon character/s or OC/s?
Not getting the response you need for this RP? Okay, I'm up for Hakuoki. It'll give me an excuse to play the game again for "reseach." XD

Hmm... It's been a long time since I've attempted any canon character... I'm not sure I have the confidence to take on a firmly established personality... X_X

Not getting the response you need for this RP? Okay, I'm up for Hakuoki. It'll give me an excuse to play the game again for "reseach." XD

Hmm... It's been a long time since I've attempted any canon character... I'm not sure I have the confidence to take on a firmly established personality... X_X

We might get more bites! But then again it might be easier to recruit if it was focused on a fandom.

I know what you mean regarding canons. I hardly ever play canon characters, but for some reason I'd be totes OK doing them for Hakuoki. XD I think a mix is fine.

This history nerd and Shinsengumi enthusiast is drawing her blade - and proclaiming her interest. Oh, and I'm familiar with a fair portion of the title's you've listed (including Hakuoki). So yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back