• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Alien Star Rangers, law enforcement trained in the art of genomic shapeshifting, are sent to Earth to capture alien criminals.

Genomic shapeshifting requires a genetic sample of the target species DNA. The form assumed will not be an exact copy. It will have the same basic characteristics, but the sex and mass of the alien. For example a 200 pound alien obtains the DNA of a redheaded female, but the alien is male. The result will be a redheaded male. No knowledge is transferred, just physical alteration. The initial transformation is accomplished in a device called a Chrysalis Chamber. The same device can be used to heal at an incredibly advanced rate.

It takes about 15 seconds to shift from alien to human or vice versa.

The alien criminals have other methods of assuming human form. Some may be shapeshifters. Others use mind transfer. Still others create rapidly grown clones and use them as avatars. These aliens have all sorts of agendas.

Texas Ranger Division - Wikipedia
United States Marshals Service - Wikipedia
Sheriffs in the United States - Wikipedia

The best analogy to what the alien law enforcement personnel would be compared to Texas Rangers, US Marshals, or to a lesser degree Sheriffs in the USA.

Earth is a protectorate. Therefore we operate under certain guidelines.

Star Ranger Restrictions and Duties
The human public must NOT be presented solid evidence of aliens on Earth. It is acceptable to use human authorities to get the job done, but avoid endangering them at all costs.

Prevent advanced alien technology from falling into the hands of humans, unless authorized. (Yes, this may also put you at odds with humans at times. But there should be a very one way treaty in place. Humans just don't know what is good for them sometimes. Sort of like monkeys playing with nuclear weapons.)

Specialized Weapons and Technology
See Lore. (Does anyone besides me see a great acronym here?)
This part is a WIP.

Powers
Each alien may have psionic powers. Power ratings should be on a scale of 1-10. The variety of such powers will be determined by the scale. You will need to decide if your character is spiritual or not. (Spiritual characters tend to avoid blasters, no matter how handy.) Only spiritual characters have a chance for a very high rating. Yes, we will use dice for this one thing.

Edit: I should be specific here. It is the RACE or an entire culture that is spiritually inclined. Think of the Native Americans or Australian Aborigines vs the Industrial world. One was more in touch with nature, while the other excelled in technology. There should also be a PHYSICAL difference - as pronounced as Neanderthals vs Cro Magnon.

Characters
You will be limited in your human form to human limitations. However, your knowledge and PSI skills will still be available.

You will need a CS. It should include a pic for your human form, as well as one of your alien form. I would prefer anthropomorphic forms.

Literate, 3rd person past tense. Decent spelling and grammar.
Min 2-3 paragraphs. (You can expect 2-4 pages from me, don’t think I expect everyone to write like that. It is easier when you are a GM.)

***Note: This is still a bit of a WIP, so watch for some updates.

Example alien image

Note: I want the species to be visible. Not just some suit of armor. Quality images.

Last edited:
Added some sample pics for the sort of aliens images I am looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back