• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shield of the Stormcircle - NEWBIES WELCOME

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
This RP will be for 4-6 players, a group of misfits, cutthroats, and scoundrels with hearts of gold.
The system is easy enough to learn, a dice-pool system that's simple to use but has mechanical depth if you want to engage with it.
No prior experience with this game or dice games required. All skill levels welcome.
One post a week is ideal, once a month is acceptable.
No set post length - just post what you feel is necessary to move things along.

===========================

The world is vast and strange, where sorcerer-kings rule from steel towers, where a secret society of mystic engineers controls an ancient city with literal iron fists, where noble houses descended from the gods themselves sweep bystanders up in their epic feuds and romances.
What's an honest criminal to do?

You five misfits, criminals, and tortured souls have been set a task - to recover a mystical artifact before the Desolator Annan can reach it and wreak her terrible revenge on Zendis City.

What destiny will you forge in these darkening skies?

=============================================

You have a slew of options for fun characters.
Here are some example if you just want to dive in - yes, yes, it is a reference.
SAMPLE CHARACTERS

Humans
Among the most widespread peoples on the continent, humans are hardy, industrious, and diverse. Humans seem to meddle in anything new they find and have reshaped the world since the end of the last war. Many of the world's Magi are human.

Rats
Humankind's best friend, rats and humans have worked and lived together for so long now you'll rarely find a society with one and not the other.
Short, dexterous, and furry, with powerful senses, rats are sometimes joked to be the brains to humans' brawn.

Trollkin
The insular Trollkin live in the cold north; huge and wise woolly Trolls, stoic and disciplined Orcs, and cunning, inventive Goblins.
It's rare for one of their kind to be exiled, but it happens, and a Trollkin cannot live without some kind of family.

Crantiré
The mysterious rulers of The Awakened Wood, the Treefolk, rare and wise. They rarely leave their strange and hostile homeland; those that do are often powerful Magi.

Elementals
The other inhabitants of the Wood, who some call the guard dogs of the Crantiré. Roving clans who can harness elemental energies and defend the borders of the Wood with furious zeal, practicing esoteric martial arts that bend fire, earth, wind, and water to their will.

Scions
Said to be the descendants of the gods who left this world in disgust long ago. The seven Houses are powerful militarily, magically, and politically powerful, unbound to any nation. Each Scion is a living legend, or on the way to becoming one.

You can find out more about the world here: Darkening Skies

I'm interested as well! been meaning to get into a rp on this site for a while ^^

Nice, any character ideas so far? We'll want to aim for a fun group dynamic, not necessarily everyone getting along perfectly.

I'll probably dm you my ideas and wip form but for what I have so far as a base: rat. stylish rat.
...well, stylish is subjective. rat bastard with more info than a dictionary is more like it.

My first thought was some kind of Goblin tinker. Some kind of mash-up between "Legend" (the 80's fantasy flick) and "Warcraft" (the OG rts game, "We have explosives. KA-BOOM!") goblins. I haven't read through the Lore yet so I'm not sure mad-tinker fits the world's Goblins, or not.

edit: Warcraft II, technically. Goblin Sappers.

Last edited:
Absolutely, that gives us 3/5 and I can comfortably start with 4 and add over time.
Tag friends if you have them. Oh hey maybe persephonelied persephonelied wants some of this nonsense.

Follow the link and feel free to post in the OOC with questions or ideas. I'll probably nuke the old posts for cleanliness' sake.

yes it is! but i dunno if we can duplicate species for player characters

Multiple rats is fine!

I'd rather stick to one Goblin or Troll if we get them, because they're a mite rarer and also managing two Goblins would be a headache for me.
Rock on over to the OOC, check out the lore ask questions aplenty

Hello there, i would like join you guys if theres still space. Btw im a total noob when it comes to forum rp but i played traditional tabletop rp for quite a while so i hope i dont suck to hard at first ^^

My Base idea would be a elemental monk/smith but i need to read the lore more to be certain i mainly postet so that i can still find a place ^^ dm me if i can stay

Hello there, i would like join you guys if theres still space. Btw im a total noob when it comes to forum rp but i played traditional tabletop rp for quite a while so i hope i dont suck to hard at first ^^

My Base idea would be a elemental monk/smith but i need to read the lore more to be certain i mainly postet so that i can still find a place ^^ dm me if i can stay

You're welcome to join in. I encourage questions. That base concept is workable but we'll see how it turns out.

Oh, right, I'm still here, by the way. Had a bit of a week.

It has been A Week, so don't worry. I am not about to rush anyone; no sense being here if we're not having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back