• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Sherwood Shores: A Super Hero RP Where We Build The Story

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Derpy Dev

to nobody's surprise he's not straight
The world has many super heroes and villains nowadays. Each city seems to have it's own rogue's gallery and organizations. But today, we will not be looking at the world as a whole. Instead, we shall take a look at the large coastal city of Sherwood Shores in California. At a population of around 1.5 million, this city stands as a monument to humanity's accomplishments. It has multiple large scale tourist attractions and many people who come and go. So where better for an unforgettable tale?

What is this?

This RP will take place in a super hero setting. We'll be working to create an interesting setting filled with unique characters and stories. Each character we create will come with their own story; perhaps your character is a scientist trying to steal tech so he can bring good into the world? Or maybe you're an ancient vampire looking for another meal? Whatever you are, there's a place for you here in Sherwood Shores!

Some Rules

First and most obviously, typical RPnation rules apply. Don't bunny, troll, flame, etc. Respect the characters of others.
Second, remember that you aren't just here. You're participating in the story. So make sure to remember that! Throw in your own plot points! Make sure your character isn't just here, make sure your character's here with a doomsday weapon! Give the heroes and villains something to interact with.
The campier, the better!
Work with the other players. Try to find out what they want to come out of a scene as well. If your characters are fighting, discuss with the other player which character should win to make the story go better.
Make as many characters as you can keep track of! Just remember that if you go a whole week without doing anything in the RP, your character will likely be put up for adoption, especially if someone is waiting on a response. So warn us if you need to go dark.

Unless I forgot something stupidly obvious, that'll be all the rules. Now go forth and have fun!

Character list:

1. Me, of course
2. GamerCarrot
3. Marcus Aurelius
4. Pavan
5. WhipDing
6. Don Calzonee
7. KindOfStupid
8. Steel Accord
9. Wasphives
10. Doctor Nope
11. The Pattern
12. Yahhah
13. Leusis
14. jann
15. LumaLynne

Woo, that's a bunch! But no more than 15 players will be allowed to join for now.

The other threads are pending, I'll be working on the character sheets now! Start thinking of your characters now! Remember that pretty much anything goes!

Last edited:
Sure! Hmm... maybe I should put a limit now that there's over ten players...

Whoops. Didn't see the thing. Interested

Interested

You've been added! That's 13 players, so we have room for 2 more!

Well, I'm gonna start working on my character now. I already have an idea in my head for her but if someone is interested in making an alien character, PM me and we might be able to work something out :)

For sake of communication my character idea is a former lycan king. will have the sheet up asap just wanna flesh him out.

For sake of communication my character idea is a former lycan king. will have the sheet up asap just wanna flesh him out.
I've gotta leave for now, so I guess I'll also say what I'm working on.
A gay fish space pirate.

Slav Slav Your character is accepted! Curiosity though, how much stronger and faster does his suit make him? I'm the local obsessive weirdo who likes numbers xD
Doctor Nope Doctor Nope Your character is accepted! Not done with my CS yet, but I think our characters will be very interesting if they meet. You'll see why when I'm done :)

Posted what I have of my character so far. God, I feel a bit slow though xD

I'll finish it later, gotta go now though. You should be able to see what I mean though Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Damn that CS took a while. At least I fleshed him out and added some wolfy lore.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev I would say several times stronger than the average man and if you want a more specific number, I'd say fives times stronger.

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev I would say several times stronger than the average man and if you want a more specific number, I'd say fives times stronger.

Okay! I just like to check these things xD

Seriously though, am I the only one who thinks of precise number scalings for the abilities of my characters? Is that just me? Yes? No?

Seriously though, am I the only one who thinks of precise number scalings for the abilities of my characters? Is that just me? Yes? No?
When I do numbers I seriously underpower my characters out of fear of making them OP. So I could take it or leave it.

I like a solid representation when it comes to abilities and powers on a scale, but I know plenty of others don't. Since just as many do as don't from my experience, I think it's best to just work out which character is better in certain aspects with the person you'll be using said powers with/against.

Just my opinion anyway.

When I do numbers I seriously underpower my characters out of fear of making them OP. So I could take it or leave it.
I like a solid representation when it comes to abilities and powers on a scale, but I know plenty of others don't. Since just as many do as don't from my experience, I think it's best to just work out which character is better in certain aspects with the person you'll be using said powers with/against.

Just my opinion anyway.

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

Anyways, I finished my CS. Please feel free to critique and tell me if I screwed something up. I don't trust myself enough to not run it by someone else xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back