• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern She is an Absolute Doll

SilverRose SilverRose

Henry made his way down the sidewalk, Robert by his side as they discussed meaningless things on their way to the doll shop.

Though he had heard about the wonder of the doll maker’s dolls, Henry had never been able to see them for himself and wished to buy a doll for his mother. He brought Robert along as the friend also wanted to buy a doll as a gift for someone, specifically his wife.

Despite there being many women who had shown interest in him, Henry rejected all of them, as he wanted the perfect girl for himself, which Robert found hilarious, commenting every time the preference was mentioned after going into a laughing fit, “Why would you want to find the ‘perfect girl’? Every woman is amazing.” This was true, but Henry had never found a connection with the women he met.

Henry noticed the doll maker’s shop and stopped Robert, the two heading inside.

The Doll Maker was a thin older man with a sparkle in his eyes and still pep in his step. But of course he gets tired so he was half asleep at the counter sitting in the stool with his feet up.

He ran the cute little doll shop and there was dolls of all kinds. Big dolls, small dolls, creepy dolls, and even dolls of animals. He took pride in fixing up old and broken dolls it would always make him sad to see a broken and discarded doll. She just wants all dolls to be loved by their owners.

He heard the bell on the door ring and jumped up coming to the door. "Hello kind sirs welcome to The Doll Palace I'm Mark but you can call me The Doll Maker or Maker for short. I tip my hat to you" he does tip his hat welcoming them warmly. "Please look around and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them."

The store was lined with dolls the more beautiful ones towards to front and the older dolls are in the back. That is were Nellwyn sat covered with a blanket in the dusty back corner.

"Thank you, sir," Henry spoke as he and Robert nodded to The Doll Maker, then they made their way through the store. The latter found what he thought was the proper doll rather swiftly, while the former had to look for a time more.

Eventually, after a bit of looking at the dolls at the front, Henry decided to look at the covered doll, so he went over to it and pulled the blanket off of it slowly as to not make the doll fall. He then examined the doll closely, making sure that he was gentle if and when he had to touch it.

It looked as if the doll was untouched, yet it didn't have much if any, dust on it at all. Thus, the baby blue of the top layer of the skirt was as vibrant as could be, along with the pale pink of the lower layer of the skirt, bows, and ruffle on the chest. Henry felt particularly drawn to this abandoned doll for reasons he could not decipher.

Thus, he looked to The Doll Maker and queried, "Is this doll for sale? I expect it would be, but could you confirm before I make my decision?"

"it is but I must say this doll has been returned 4 times in the past so are you sure you would like it?" He looks quite scares of him wanting that particular doll. Once the blanket was over she yawns a little and blinks.

It's very little movement almost unnoticeable by untrained eyes. She hopes she finally finds a forever home

"Yes, very sure. How much is it?" Henry became confused by The Doll Maker's fear but dismissed it. Robert, meanwhile, looked at his friend with an amused expression, "Why would you want that one? There are so many others that you can choose from."
"I just have a feeling that my mother would like it very much."

"um how about 20 gold pieces sir? A fair price I believe don't you think so?" He smiles his created creation has another chance for a lively home to live in. He just wants her to be safe she's like his daughter

"Yes, I think that is fair for me." Henry reached into his pocket and pulled out 20 gold pieces, placing them onto the counter and very, very gently picking up the doll. He considered it beautiful, and he bet that if it were human, it would be a perfect partner for him. Wait, what was he thinking!? It was a doll, a gift for his mother, not a character he could fantasize over! Robert slightly chuckled at Henry's perceived to be ridiculous decision.

The Doll Maker smiled "be very gentle with her she is fragile both mentally and physically. Also she really likes sweets and animals." He almost sounded crazy the way he spoke him coming up with details about the doll it's almost ridiculous. But soon her was back at the register getting ready to doze back off again.

Henry had to doll in his possession and everything about her was so gentle. Her hair being beautifully blonde. Her dress fit for a noble. And her little button nose.

Robert opened his mouth to ask what he meant but gave up. The two walked out of the shop, Henry making sure that nothing besides his hands touched the doll, and his friend letting out small snickers at him.

Eventually, the two reached the point where Robert had to turn and head to his own home, leaving Henry to go the rest of the way. He looked at the doll and asked it, despite knowing, or rather thinking, that it wouldn't be able to answer, "What did The Doll Maker mean when he said you were fragile both mentally and physically... ?"

Nellwyn heard his voice speaking to her and figured she should maybe rip off the bandage."well....no one loves me.. so mentally I'm fragile...." She shakes nervous he would throw her

He can now feel her breathing see her blinking and hear her voice of sweet honey. Everything just seems unreal

Henry looked around when he heard her speaking, then looked back down to the doll in his arms and shook his head in confusion, sighing, "Must've just been my imagination..."

"that what everyone says but I am really just please...if you want me gone return me do not break me.." she sighs and starts to breath heavily scared of her life since she is not on the ground and if she was dropped it could cause her to start bleeding. She didn't want to die she has yet to have her dream come true.

Henry gasped sharply and accidentally dropped Nellwyn, but he caught her before she hit the ground. He looked around to see if anyone was watching, then asked her "You... You're a-alive... ?"

"you hate me too don't you....I just thought you knew when you where talking to me.." tears well up in her eyes and she looks so sad. As she felt her heart breaking again "just take me back to the shop he'll get you a replacement doll and you never have to see me again"

She is standing cute with her toes pointed inward and her hands are clasped together infront of her. Her eyes seemed to glisten with the tears and one single tear escapes from her eye and runs down her cheek.

"I- No, of course not. I've never met you before, so how could I hate you?" Henry asked as he held her chin high, pulled out a handkerchief, and wiped the tears away. After he put the handkerchief away, he suddenly realized what was happening. The doll that he was going to give to his mother was alive and speaking to him! "Oh my goodness, I bought a living doll..." He paced while panicking.

"You were supposed to be a gift, but how could a gift talk? That would sound simply absurd to a normal man!" Henry stopped pacing and took a deep breath, "Calm down, Henry... You'll figure this out..."

Last edited:
"thank you for not hating me" she said closing her eyes when he wiped her tears. "You're such a gentleman and very gentle" she smiles a little

"let's go back to the shop you can get a gift for the person you wish and I can sit back in the corner till I rot away" she starts to walk back to the doll shop having done this whole thing so many times before. It always makes her sad and sick but she understands how odd it must be.

"No, wait, please. I was and am resolute on my decision of buying and keeping you. I will figure something out, I am sure." Henry told her as he regained his composure and bowed with his right hand over his heart, "I am terribly sorry for making you cry. It was impolite of me to do so. I am Henry Charles White." He hoped she would see that he was being sincere, although he would understand if she still wanted him to take her back to the doll shop.

"so...you're going to take me to my new home? And that home will be permanent!? I have a home?!?!" She squeals a little and bounces up and down very excited. She comes to Henry and hugs him. Her skin is cold and smooth and truly feels like porcelain because it is. The only question is how but of course now is not the time for her to talk about it. "You're ok with me right?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Henry smiled at her excitement and hugged her back. He guessed that he would have to find a different gift for his mother.

Last edited:
"I won't break if you touch me just tell them I bruise easily and would prefer to not be touched because of it" she blushes looking adorable hoping it would be fine. "Or maybe if you have a friend who lives alone I could stay with them until you think of a better plan?"

She paces a little as well copying Henry's movements finding it kind of funny. She thought it was fun as well.

"All of my friends either have to take care of their siblings or have wives and children, so you're going to have to stay with me. At least you were supposed to be a surprise, so my mother doesn't know that she was supposed to receive you." Henry decided as he stopped pacing. He then looked to Nellwyn and queried, "What is your name?"

Last edited:
"oh how rude of me I am Nellwyn Dual it's a pleasure to meet you" she curtsys to him and smiled very cutely at Henry "so shall we go to your home? Well our home. I am very excited to see how you live. Has anything changed in the past I'd say about 10 years I haven't seen much of the outside in 10 years."

"Not much, really. The etiquette is the same, and Queen Victoria is still ruling." Henry informed her as he turned to Nellwyn, "We shall. I shall make sure that the servants treat you like royalty. Otherwise, what kind of gentleman would I be?"

She blushes deeply "s-sir I get easily tired walking long distances could you maybe carry me? If you want to of course!" She just from standing and pacing looks a little worn out. But that could be expected she hasn't gotten to walk around much in her life so she would definitely have problems.

"Of course." Henry took her into her arms and held her in the bridal position, smiling as he started walking. To him, Nellwyn was just adorable! At least she was supposed to be a surprise and not planned with his mother. He was just going to have to buy another doll from The Doll Maker, and ask if the new one is alive before buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back