• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Shattered Fates - RPG-Lite In-Character

Euclid Leaf

Metamorphasis, Genesis, Metastasis
Supporter
Contents

General Posting Rules:

Organization
- Please leave your locational information, and current afflictions/debuffs at the top of the post. If there there is none or if it is unknown, write <none> // <???> or leave blank. If there is a zone-wide <affliction> I will state so in my own post, describe its current effects, and mark those whom it may concern. However you wish to style these prefaces, is up to your discretion.

Dialogue -There is no strict turn order during Dialogue. But upon initiation of dialogue, please wait for a response before jumping to another. Unless I allow it. For the time being, use whatever blank chat-head you want during your replies until you get an actual portrait for use. Post length is not heavily enforced during Dialogue. Continue to follow a normal posting order, even with my short, sometimes one-line interjections.

Here is a neat link to a simple circle crop for portraits to use. (not necessary) Crop a circle in image online - free tool

Posting Etiquette - One interaction per player, per round. (unless the scenes are separate.) Please mark this with a bolded '>>' then describe your action or intention, during any point in your post. Any other inputs will only be read by me as fluff, and not taken into account for outcome determination.
If you initiate Dialogue, please @ the player in question after setting the same >> prompt. this includes NPCs.

Last edited:
Chapter 00 - Awakening
Zone Affliction: <Dread>
All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.

[All you can remember is darkness.
Making it ever stranger to be stroked by the warming grace of light.

Your eyes glide open, after what feels like a long, groggy slumber. Your body feels stiff, yet simultaneously airy as though caught under a constant breeze. Despite an instinct to move, you cannot fight past the numbness coursing through your form.]

- You are stuck still.

[You are simply left with what you see above, and in the slight peripheral of your vision. You are able to recognize the objects, at least. However, this does not help you figure out where you are. You find yourself lying in an open grassy field under a grand nightly sky. Though no light came directly from the hollow space aloft. For some reason, in your head so full of empty memories, you recall that perhaps something is missing from the blank horizon. More accurately, it is nothing more than a haunting suspicion. The screen of darkness served only a somber backdrop to the slight illumination revealing the outline of a mountaintop.

Did mountains always grow downwards from the sky, you wonder?
But any sort of conclusion escapes you. Instead, the only lights come from the faintly silver-toned leaves fluttering softly in the encircling secluded forest of mystery.

The stiffness gradually fades, and you begin to feel faint sensations return to your body.]

-You start to get up.

[As you rise, you notice your hands glows in swirling wisps of colored light. Following it up your arms and to the greater mass beneath, you realize this strange energy composes your entire body. There is no physical boundary, yet you possess a somewhat defined shape. You feel strange about this, even if you cannot remember why.

You eventually rise to a wobbly stand upon your two vapor-like feet, finally getting a better view of the glimmering forest surrounding you.

Only the trees possess the silver, light-touchrd leaves. The rest of the enchanted forest beyond the few meters in front of you is swallowed by heavy shadows.

Suddenly, a rustle comes from the overgrown verdure nearby. You pick up a whispered groan, followed by a sentence.
It is a brisk voice, reminiscent to a chirping bird.]

"Oh… where is it…? I swear I saw it land somewhere around here…"

[You can hear a second voice reply, this one a growling, bass tone.]

"Hurry up. It’s cold. My fringes are freezing. Is this how you treat royalty?"
"A royal pain, more like..."
"Excuse me?"
"You have eyes too, you know…"
"Yes, only one. You have twice as many, what is your excuse?"
"I have a big dumb, talking hat in the way."
"Well, this 'big dumb hat' is keeping watch. That thing is still out there, you know."

[The two voices bicker in the darkness, growing closer with each frustrated phrase.
A faint beam of orange light glows in the distant underbrush.]

"If you're so scared, how about helping? The faster we find it, the sooner we both get out of here."
"How presumptuous, servant. I am shielding your head from the cold with my own body. I will probably also be the first, and priority, target should conflict arise. And this is how you treat my noble sacrifice?"
"Hmph. Well, if you’re going to do nothing. At least do so silently."
"Fine. I won't tell you that we've been found."

"Good. Wait, wha--"

[A deafening howl rings in the air, sending the faintly glimmering leaves spiraling in a sudden frenzy around you.
A sudden bitter chill crawls down your body.]

- You are afflicted by <Dread>. You begin to shiver.

[From the shadows, as far as you can see, a seeping mist pours from the edge of the forest clearing. The orange light begins to flicker, as though whoever possesses it is in a panic. The rustled leaves and sounds of scurrying footsteps grow louder with each second. The bloom is almost blinding now. The two voices must be headed in your direction.]

>> GM Prompt: For your first post, feel free to describe your experiences differently than the default parameter. However, the same points of interest in the narrative will be unchanged. The first person to post will encounter the <Stranger>, and I will reply immediately after it with an interjection. (Usually this just means a change in the scene.)

Last edited:

token_7.png
<Nameless>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
DREAD
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

To wake up without falling asleep is quite a confusing affair, especially upon realizing that you are in a completely unfamiliar surrounding. The sleeper became aware of this immediately after opening their eyes, along with the sorry state of the hand they drew to their face.

It was made of wispy vapor, and for a moment they feared the slightest of breezes would scatter it apart. Much to their sincere delight, no such thing happened. Despite consisting of a transparent fog, it did not seem to be going anywhere. To test their limits, they dared to reach for a silver leaf as it spiraled to the ground. Their ghostly fingers grasped it without issue.

"Huh? How can this be?" They wondered aloud, their voice about as strange as their surroundings.

It was at this moment when they began to hear the distant voices. Many questions were brewing in their sleepy mind, and none of them would be answered by laying around. Stiffly, they got to their feet and took a few wobbly steps towards the two voices. Things were going well until a dreadful howl broke through the silence of the trees. It startled the sleeper so much that they lost their balance completely and fell back to the ground, shivering uncontrollably. The fear had stolen the strength from their legs and turned their chest into a wild thing.

Panicking, they turned to their only line of hope. Shouting as loudly as they could, they cried out to the two voices, "H-Help! Over here! Please!"
Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Zone Affliction: <Dread> All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.

scribe and hat ver 2 copy portrait.png

[The figure holding the glimmering orange light almost had to practically swerve to the side otherwise they would be running straight into the crying voice Juju Juju .]

???: "Wa-wa...! Yeesh!"

[Stuttering on one leg like a pogo stick while the other hung in the air, the glow of the hip-lantern illuminated the lone girl in the dark starless forest as she barely managed to catch herself. She arced her back, teetering like leaning tower as she reclaimed herself against gravity. She breathed a sigh of relief before making a confused look. Her blue eyes gazed down at the wispy form sitting on the floor.]

???: "Wait... Is that an <echo>?"

[Suddenly the furry <Hat> on the blonde head begins to shift. A large round red eye blinks as the teeth-like flaps begin to move in a fashion similar to a human mouth. Its mere presence causes you some discomfort, especially the way it looks at you with such disgust.]

<Hat>: "If you don't mind, I would rather you keep running than marvel over lost ghosts."
???: "It's not often you meet one so whole."

<Hat> "And if you don't want to join them as a forgotten lint fluttering across the universe, then I suggest you pick up those legs and move. Servant, I command you. Leave them. There is no room for useless servants in my domain. The foolhardy one I have now, is more than plenty."

???: "No. We're taking them."
>>The girl then reaches out and grabs the wispy humanoid shape by the wrist and helps them up to a stand. Juju Juju

<Hat>: "What? Have you knocked your head during that scuffle, servant? That echo can't even stand up properly. Are we even sure it remembers how to stand? How do you expect to outrun <it> with such baggage?"

???: "Hmph. They remember. They called for help, after all. I won't leave them here." [she then turns to the wispy form, where their face probably should be. The holes where their eyes should be definitely help in this regard.]
"I know it's all strange and weird right now, but just hold on tight. Understood?"

[As though to try and calm them down, her lips form a big smile.]

>>For some reason, as you are connected to the <Stranger>, the sense of <Dread> diminishes from your body.

GM Prompt: Everyone hears the shout from Juju Juju and the subsequent conversation. They will have been time to have wandered over to watch, or make themselves known. OR choose some other interaction. I will now wait for everyone to post before making anymore interjections.

Last edited:
All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.

I awaken as a faceless mass of shadow and colored light. As I stand I look to the woods, a part of my desiring a branch or log of wood, a weapon is the comfort I seek in a strange unknown place.

As I stand and follow towards the voices, the cold robs me of my strength, my dexterity and in some small way of my courage. Yet I walk, a shuffle like someone who has drunk too much and struggles in the cold. I hear voices though and it calls to me to no longer be so alone in the cold, strength in numbers, or the comfort of community? It doesn't matter why, it simply matters that I do.

<<I Approach the Stranger>>

???
Wisp
Wandering Soul
Had this delicate form just manifested? Now a consciousness, teeming with curiosity, the non-eyes of the wisp traced the piercing forms of the sky's peculiar upturned mountaintops. It attempted to will its hand upwards to grasp towards the dark expanse, but found their form — ever abstract and flickering — to be entirely paralyzed. A prison short lived, as eventually, a finger moved. Then, a limb. The wisp was finally able to reach towards the mountains as they initially desired. However, to their dismay, the peaks were out of reach. It would be the first thing to spur them onward, the first flicker of a goal, an objective. Move. For one day, you may conquer the greatest of mountains. Why sit idly? In mere moments, their whole body was finally under control, rising from blades of grass onto wobbly, unfamiliar legs. The first mountain had been conquered.

Acknowledging their form, the wisp didn't understand what they were. Did it truly belong to them? What was the purpose of their being? It waited from the memories to come flooding in, but anything they could conjure in their mind was swallowed by empty space. Their thought-absorbed trance was broken as one of the many swirling leaves brushed against their face, prompting the wisp to scrunch their nose. It tickled. The looming trees were enchanting, demanding attention. They made a sincere attempt to hobble over to one of verdant towers, but had been abruptly stopped mere inches away by the distant sound of voices. It was only now that their other senses were beginning to be stimulated, and they aimed to find the source.

Now, something else was introduced. As soon was the wicked howl assaulted their being, they felt the weight of dread upon their back. Unpleasant didn't even begin to describe it. They stumbled into the tree, now leaning against it as primal fear pierced their heart. Their vision began to tunnel as a voice rang out. It was a cry for help? More important was the fact that they could understand it. Unfortunately, it was going to be a mystery left unanswered for now; the cry for help was a priority, and it was closer than the wisp realized. Numbers would stifle their fear at the very least.

Hastily moving towards the shout, they found themselves to be picking up speed, developing their hobble into a decently-paced, yet ever-slow stride, all the while tuning in to the conversation happening at the origin of the cry. Three voices total? Not far away the wisp could see one figure help another off the ground, presumably the one who had asked for help. The lingering terror nearly pushed the wisp to do the same.

As the wisp approaches, three figures come into sight. The wisp strained their throat, their first words projecting from their very being towards the others. "It hunts us, doesn't it? Where can we seek refuge?" They came to a stop upon finally reaching the three figures, one much more defined than the other two, with distinguishable features and clothing. Why were they so different? "Are you holding up alright?" The words were directed towards one of the formless, the one who had asked for assistance. Their gaze had caught a leaf grasped tightly in one of the wisp's hands. They sought to comfort the wisp, though, their could barely mask their own dread.

>>The wisp attempts to carefully scoop up the hand of the other wisp, which held tightly onto the once dancing leaf. It cradled the hand of the other wisp, its empty eyes focusing on the leaf. "Your leaf is adequate." Their tone was monotonous, but sincere. The wisp's own hands trembled severely, probably even moreso than the one who called out. However, they did their best to put on a front. They would not show their fear.

>> Juju Juju Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Mirgris Mirgris

Code by Serobliss

View attachment 1063258
<Nameless>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
DREAD
└───═━.┈.━═───┘

From nothingness springs a spark of consciousness, giving form to a formless thing.

Eyes that do not exist see the glory of the world before it, and it struggles to understand, to comprehend its nature. Upturned mountaintops and silver leaves. In the distance, far above it, the sky is dark, and the shadows around it only lengthen with every moment that passes by. Each silver leaf is a light that burns brightly for the briefest of moments, before it is swallowed by the dark. Slowly, it coalesces, growing hands and feet in a facsimile of humanity.

Somewhere in the distance, an unearthly roar sounds out, like the call of the end.

And in the center of this clearing, of this moment in time, is this formless thing.

Whatever instincts it can claim to have tell it to run. Dread runs through the formless wisp. Only a beast could have produced such a bellow. In its current state, seemingly walking the tightrope between reality and oblivion, an unfortunate encounter would most likely banish it to the aether. But where would it go? Was there a place to hide in the shadows?

An answer comes - but in a most unlikely form. A cry for help. There was another here. Two is better than one, was it not? It turns around to the source of the sound and begins to make its way over in slow, lumbering steps. The sensation of walking is both familiar and unfamiliar, and hands of light stumble and grasp at branches and tree trunks to steady itself. But it makes its way over nonetheless, ignoring how ungraceful it presented itself before the gathered.

>>The wisp gestures to the rest of them. “I see I am not the only one in this accursed place, nor am I the only one lacking form.” Then it points towards the one distinguished from the rest. Whatever emotions in its voice is indiscernible, clouded as if by a fog. “But you are whole. What is this place?”

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Juju Juju Mirgris Mirgris kasigi kasigi

[REDACTED]

Wisp.jpg
??? -> Echo
Interaction
: TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Mention: Juju Juju Mirgris Mirgris kasigi kasigi

To remember naught was a strange experience. For everything to be new, fresh, a wonder, a light after an eternal darkness.

Curious.

Light, light, the figure reached out, curious. The light phased through the figure's grasp. It was light. It entered the figure's eyes and it danced and allowed the figure to see. It was light, light. Light unlike the weight in the figure's limb. Weight? Heavy. Airy. Numb. Move, keep moving. The figure tilted the its head. Knowing about light, about darkness, about a long sleep, about stiff, about light, about breeze?

Curious.

The figure tried to move, but unable. The figure's eyes widened. To want to move meant a possibility, but it was unable to. Curious. The figure looked around. It recognized the grass, the sky, the black above that looked wrong and strange. The figure hummed, again, curious. That was not meant to be, but how did it know what is meant to be? Too many mysteries.

The figure tried moving again. It could. It stood, it looked about and saw others. Then it looked at itself with a gasp, a pleasant surprise. Light, illuminating itself. It let out a pleasant hum. It was not meant to be, it felt, but it liked it.

The trees about, it noticed, had light, too. It liked that. Then, it heard a rustle. A sound that broke the pleasant landscape, a break, a voice that broke the music.

The figure tilted its head. Words it knew without knowing landed. Royal, hat, servant, noble, sacrifice. Concepts it knew without knowing. Like how the figure knew the light the two held was not the light like its own. Then, as the figure pondered,

<Dread> set in.

A chill that threatened its light. The figure widened its eyes. It did not like the sound nor the mist that blinded the sky and the trees. Loss, for a moment, came, until another like itself took the first step.

The figure's eyes widened. It took a step, unprecedented, unplanned, closer. Streams of words fluttered again and again with concepts and words it understood without knowing, and a word it did not know. <echo>

The figure's mind whirled, its gaze tilted on the talking hat. Lost ghosts, whole, forgotten lints, useless, remember.

<echo>. Lost ghosts that could not remember the foundation of living... under normal circumstances. The figure let out a hum. Perfect.

The figure stepped forward. With purpose, one leg over the other, the dead stiffness crooking the grace it desired. Still, despite the chill, it did not hobble nor stop. The figure held confidence. It did not call to its brethren, occupied yet by matters of heart and warmth. The figure raised its head, to speak, but another reached before it could. So, it hummed.

"Clarity must wait in the face of urgency, my dear." The figure spoke, addressing one who inquired. "Danger is about."

The figure turned to the <hat>, one who addressed itself royal. "Noble sire, present are a group of <Echoes> that recalls more than the common. Do we possess means to initiate, or does <It> remain above our sight?"

Last edited:
[Unknown]

900_JOPIZ_SMOKEFIGURE3-modified.png

Current Afflictions: <Dread>

Darkness. Umbral, ever-present darkness.

What seems like years... or minutes? Decades? Maybe seconds? A glint of light pierces through the shroud, threatening to consume whoever, whatever, and whenever is encompassed within. Slowly the light begins to dissolve into color, shapes, sights, sounds, smells. Sensations completely unfamiliar yet somehow understandable.

A form begins to take shape. An <echo> of what once was... or what has yet to be.

As the shock of coming into existence itself begins to wear off, the numbness takes over. The instinct to move was all too motivating, but the form finds no purchase instead relegating its thoughts to what it can sense. Mountains protruding from across the night sky, the slight musk of the grass, the dulled feeling of the breeze, and the sound of... voices? Multiple in fact. The feeling of numbness passed almost in tandem with the realization of this fact.

Dulled senses began to sharpen and a sense of self starts to return. The form steadies itself on its wispy and ethereal feet, before awkwardly and slowly making its way towards the voices, grabbing hold on tress and rocks nearby to gain a better balance.

Then another sound rings out. That terrifying howl. Followed by another familiar feeling: <Dread>. A chill, constantly biting at the back of your neck, waiting for the moment to overtake you. An instinctive fear. But, how could one who just came into existence know something that surely? Something was missing. A hole of some sort, or more accurately a void, where something should be. Those thoughts didn't matter much now though. Something was coming for them.

Perhaps the voices know more.

The awkward stumble slowly but surely develops into a stable gait, quickening even more so as the rustle of leaves in the shadows grows nearer. Working their way through the trees as the voices grow more comprehensible, the form eventually makes their way upon a group of other faceless beings. Seems to be where the voices resided from.

Taking a further minute to inspect, one of the figures seemed to be grasping a branch. Perhaps some vain attempt at fighting back against the <Dread> in the atmosphere. Another holds one of the silver leaves. Another seems to be comforting the second. Though all are asking questions of a young woman standing in the middle of it all.

Seems I'm not the first. Patience might do me well here.

>>
Not wanting to overwhelm their only source of answers, the form chooses to stay on the outer edge of the group for the time being.

Mentions: Mirgris Mirgris | kasigi kasigi | Juju Juju

It2-Copy.png

<It>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
DREAD
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

The sway of a single blade of grass causes the wind, and the wind itself stirs high clouds, so that stricken by falling darkness, the sky thus tears, and by his tears our mother gives birth to her fiery skyward spearmen, and so completes the circle, all in mindlessness, but full of being, of incomparable life, for it is but the sole thing – truer than all learned truths of man. Observe the real truth then, for in life, only the thing that is native to the circle may last. And breaks but transient events that soon undo themselves back to the maze of life.

The speechless truth.

So all things observe this truth, as all is one with this bigger, infinite truth. So that when invisible hands gently brush the slightest of the fragile leaves, it sways in accord. It is carried by the streams to sea, then back in the bellies of clumps of clouds. It is the pollen grains that traveled between the spring blossoms on bee-back. And when masonry touch is cast on the grassland, and grows on it untold numbers of lofty towers and proud ramparts, only to be once more conquered by thick vines and cheery birds, it sees as but the mayfly's play. It is one with the endless universe, and thus the greatest, likewise the littlest.

But hark now, in among all this expansive harmony: a thing stirred! Some will bemoaned unsatisfaction, some foolish desire went unfulfilled! Immortality it found insufficient, idleness but inadequate! What is the thing?

It.

The concept for now seemed remoter than nothingness, but there was no doubt at all of the existence of an “it”. Something had broken at last from the slumber of nature by way of a stubborn will. Hollow eyes peered out for seeing and understanding, a transparent tongue longed for speech, boundless skin yearned touch, it moved!

But alas! most of it remained a void. Not yet attaining the stage of something, but still one with everything. Now, first, it must break with its innocuous tendency to dance to the grass’s rhythm, and must cast a net across the universe to gather its scattered selves. This is no easy task. And ere long it tired. Maybe, it thought, I will remain in my slumberous peace, for five more minutes.

A howl started it. Widely, violently it came awake. And dread filled it aboundingly, as though for a shrill mother’s call. But it had no parents, or had it? Partial knowledge, things that were not quite memories, yet true than dreams and fancies, at once prodded about in its forming mind, as its shapeless eyes took in the surroundings. In truth, it was barely there. The void lingered still in its being. And apprehension seized it. The chill shuddered it. These mountains of darkness signified the void it had just left behind. And the rustling leaves and swaying branches wailed like the ghosts of its once siblings. Just now, it was one with them. Now it was on its own. It felt so, so utterly lonely.

But then came a second cry, one of dismay. There was another helpless something out there. Perhaps just as helpless and clueless as it was. And suddenly, it felt not so lonely anymore. It wished to seek out this kindred being, though its core was trembling still in fear. It got up, and started walking like a fawn mere seconds after the first gasp for air: instinctively, unconsciously, and somewhat desperately, seeking its herd in the world.

The long walk in the dark carried it to the source of the second cry: there stood a group of its fellow-creatures, and one unlike the rest. From some distance, it observed the glowing ones, recognized in them its own uncertainty, and was scared.

They are just like me, it thought, so close they are to nothingness, which I dread. That one, though, that one is something. That one is warm, that one is there, that one exists!
Enviousness arose in its being. And jealousy burned it all the fiercer when it saw the warm one’s touch on one of the shapeless. Though it remembered not the definition of those feelings, it was compelled by them all the same. But how it must act upon them, it did not know.

Presently, it beheld with great interest as one of the shapeless beings took a leaf from another. Immediately after, there was a remark on the little greenery’s apparent value.

So that’s how it is! it thought, these leaves that the earth bears in abundance, in reality possess some values to them! And have I some, too, then I may exchange them for but a bit of that warmth.

>>Eagerly, then, it stooped to the ground and, with the clumsy usage of two vaguely shaped appendages, gathered a heap of the newly discovered currency. Thusly enriched, it approached the group, but with great care so as not to touch the glowing ones. Then, it halted before the warm one, hesitated, before wordlessly thrusting its bundle of leaves in their chest.

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Zone-Affliction:
<Dread> All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.

[The <stranger> swung her head in alert, as more of the airy wisps appeared from places in the dark forest. There were those who approached confidently bearing bits of the woods as armament Mirgris Mirgris , others more rational in the face of <Dread>, and some calm and dignified Damafaud Damafaud . The first of them kasigi kasigi attempted to assist in comforting the wisp who cried for help. For what it was worth, the girl allowed this with a pleasant smile at the newcomer.

TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm >>The wisp gestures to the rest of them. “I see I am not the only one in this accursed place, nor am I the only one lacking form.” Then it points towards the one distinguished from the rest. Whatever emotions in its voice is indiscernible, clouded as if by a fog. “But you are whole. What is this place?”
[Just as this question was finished, another voice sounded in response from the forest.]
Damafaud Damafaud >>"Clarity must wait in the face of urgency, my dear." The figure spoke, addressing one who inquired. "Danger is about."
The figure turned to the <hat>, one who addressed itself royal. "Noble sire, present are a group of <Echoes> that recalls more than the common. Do we possess means to initiate, or does <It> remain above our sight?"
[But before she can acknowledge any of it, another come forth ATurei ATurei . Perhaps a bit too awkwardly, before the girl. While they contemplated, the girl noticed another who emerged. This one Zufaix Zufaix was either too shy, or being respectful. Either way, the girl seemed to appreciate the quiet gesture. Then, a bundle of silvered leaves was presented to her.

She seemed a bit perplexed, but smiled nonetheless in response.]
>>The >Stranger> takes the leaf pile into her arms.

<???>
: Ah, a merry one. Aren't you? So cute. Thanks!

1675661323623.png[The <Hat> seemed to visibly grin at the acknowledgement from Damafaud Damafaud , its stitching forming a wicked smile. The headwear began to alter in appearance magically, turning into a sleek black top hat and positioning itself in a lean of stoic regality.]

<Hat>: "Ah, finally! An <echo> who recognizes the mark of true heritage and nobility. Perhaps, this one is worthy addition to my retinue. Servant. Save this one."
<???> "Leave them. Now it's 'save them'. And here, I thought I was the irrational one, <Gilligan>."
<Gilligan>: "You must understand. I will require a suitable replacement, should you inevitably perish."

[The girl curled her hand into a small fist, opening her mouth in a growl. Though her exasperation can be felt, it was not her voice that sent a wave through the dark forest. The glowing leaves curled in fear as the <howl> filled the air once more, igniting the cluttered corner of the forest into a frenzy. The faint mist pouring further on now came in a thick wave, covering the ground in a thick haze. The woods croaked now, as darkness consumed the faint glittering light leaves. As though it was being choked alive.

In the distance, one can even see a parting in the treetops followed by a hollow crunch.

The <stranger> girl immediately flicks a switch and the glittering bug within the glass lantern adorning her hip dim their orange glow.
>>The forest returns to its near-pitch darkness.
She frantically begins to grab whoever they can, and begins shoving them into a nearby bush, beckoning those whoever else she her two arms could not hold onto. The <Dread> seems to simultaneously grow, but in the presence of the <stranger> it seems just bearable.

From within the bush, the girl watches between the leaves as the forest stirs outside. As confident as she was, even she shivered.

Suddenly, a hulking shadow looms in the outline of the trees in the distance. From it, the mist curls and pours in a never-ending sea. But it was not headed in their direction, instead it continued deeper into the woods. The lurking creature sounded like it was in pain somehow. While it moved, it heaved, breathing, gagging and coughing in disgusting bubbling pops as it dragged itself across the misty forest.]

<???>: "<It> seeks the shard..."

<Gilligan>: "Not just <It>. Others also seek its power. We have not much time."

[A gasp fills the air, as the girl then points forward. As the surface of the forest gets pushed and the trees bend painfully, other little wisps can be seen scurrying, standing, or meandering about.

<???>: "So many little memories... "
<Hat>: "This is the work of the <shard>. Resurfacing old fragments..."

One of the whimsical wisps, stands in the way of the great shadowed monster. As though not recognizing the creature, it begins to wordlessly hop and dance in front of it. Almost like it was trying to call out to an old friend. The creature lets out a shrill scream, and lunges forward. For a moment, you can see a rotten skull open wide before swallowing the wisp whole. Gagging the whole time. Then it comes across another wisp, merely standing there completely still.

You can see the girl almost celebrate, with a quiet fist pump, as the creature seemingly unaware, continues uninterrupted. The massive form simply moves past the wisp.

But many others bobbling memories seem not aware of this result, consumed by <Dread> the poor things begin to run and scream. The massive creature takes chase, almost like a beast, as its swipes with claws and howling frenzy, but similar as well to a man, as it lurches forward on wobbling haunches. One after another, it swallows the memories whole kicking and screaming as they are squeezed down its gullet. It is a terrorizing sight, and the girl even puts her hands before her face as she turns way.]

<Gilligan>: "Its distracted, servant. Time to go."

[Suddenly, a hand reaches up and takes off the talking <Hat>.]

<???>: "Yes. It will be."

<Gilligan> : "What are you-"

[She cuts the flapping yarn jaws short with a closed fist. Her eyes land on those gathered.]
<???>"I trust you all. Find the <runeshard>. I'll save who I can, and keep <It> occupied."

[She places the <Hat> on the <Figure> Damafaud Damafaud 's wispy, head and begins to exit the bush in a low crouch.]

>> What do you do now?

GM Prompt: To avoid bloat and cluttered posts, and so there is not just a giant blob of pcs, I will temporarily divide the group. To keep it simple, there will be two separate parties right now. <Hat>, and soon to be <Stranger>. (Don't worry, not for long.)

Those on team hat are free to disgregard her orders and follow, transitioning to be part of team <Stranger>.

For those who have yet to post,
Without context, aside from what has transpired nearby, you see a massive creature, resembling a bipedal predator bearing a fluttering tattered cloak, with a half-rotten canine skull. As it attacks your fellows, you witness a strange sight. Some, who are completely still are ignored, unless caught in the rampage. A large gnarled <blade> is lodged into its chest, causing ooze to splutter as it moves and gurgles.

How do you react?

Last edited:

token_7.png
<Nameless>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
N/A
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

Interaction: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi
Mentions: N/A

After having been almost run over, the sleeper lifted their head to helplessly look up at the girl standing above them. Without a face, it was impossible to read a single expression in their hollow eyes. The only obvious indication of their fear was the trembling arms wrapped around their knees.

“Forgotten lint…?”

They might have said more if not for the disapproving eye of the <hat>. Afraid of its sharp stare, the aptly named echo stayed silent as the <stranger> and her <hat> determined their fate amongst themselves.

Finally, a decision was reached when the <stranger> took them by the wrist and helped them back up into a stand. The echo was unsteady at first, but by holding out their hands and concentrating on their footing, they managed to keep their wobbly stance from turning into another tumble.

“Thank you.” they uttered breathlessly. “I won't forget this.”

It made them uneasy to hear the nasty <hat> get angry at the<stranger>, and even more so when it mentioned running away from something. Could it be that howl? Still, they placed their trust in the <stranger> and tightened their grip on her hand, nodding to let the girl know they understood. For some reason, they didn’t feel the same [dread] now, though the talks of ‘being hunted’ still made them uneasy.

Perhaps sensing this, another <echo> ( kasigi kasigi ) approached them and inquired about their wellbeing.

"I am alright" they replied, only half lying. While the [dread] had been vanquished, they still had their own anxieties.

Then the other <echo> took their hand, cradling it in both of their own. They could feel how the other <echo>’s hands shook from fright, just as theirs had mere moments before. The <echo> had sounded so brave, and yet the two of them were not very different. It struck them then that even though the other <echo> was frightened, they were doing their best to comfort someone else.

The kindness of the gesture seemed to melt away the remaining fear they had. In their heart they only wished for a way to thank this <echo> for the comfort they had given, and when the conversation turned to the leaf they found it.

“It is adequate… ” They agreed, wishing they could smile with the same warmth as the <stranger>. Where their face failed, they hoped their softened voice could suffice. “...that is why you should have it! It’s a lucky leaf, you see. Since catching it I have met two wonderful people. If you keep it close, you will surely be granted good luck like I was!”

Despite the leaf being very ordinary, the echo was serious, firmly believing the leaf had somehow been a charm in their fate. As such, they offered their ‘lucky leaf’ to the kind <echo> kasigi kasigi in hopes it would make them feel better too.

Everything after that happened all too quickly. The echo wasn't sure if the kind <echo> had taken their 'Lucky Leaf' but it was gone from their hand after the <stranger> shoved them all into a nearby bush. From the shadows they watched in horror as the monster lumbered into the clearing, wheezing and hungry. There were more <echos> in the clearing, some of them dancing in front of the monster. In response, it opened its rotting skull and ate them.

To keep from screaming, the <echo> slapped their hands over their mouth and huddled closer to <stranger>. The echo was frozen in shock, at least until <stranger> transferred their hat and moved out of the bush. Just as they had been told, the echo followed after <stranger> but was stopped by the sudden change of plans. It stopped in its tracks, confused and uncertain.

"B-but you will be alone?!" The echo sputtered.

Zone-Affliction:
<Dread> All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.
----------------------------------------------------------------

If we are echoes, what am I an echo of? A hero? A fool? A simple man? Or is it just an idea, a thought or a value? How much of who I was makes up who I am?

Does the word valor mean anything to me? Courage? Sacrifice?

No, it's a deep burning righteous rage where my heart should be that I feel instead.
If you run from monsters, you are simply hoping they kill others instead.

I see the blade, and the energy that makes up my hand suddenly feels a cold different than the <Dread> . It feels like something is missing, a kiss that was never finished or a hug held a second too short. I'm running before I consciously know why.

"I have died once, what have I to fear, if I could die saving others?"

The dark and my own shadowy nature offer little protection but the plethora of meals distracts the beasts. It is all the protection I will get and I hope it is all that I will need.

<<I rush forward reaching for the blade>>

The Figure

wisp-jpg.1063304

Echo
Interaction
: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Mention: Everyone around​

The Figure accepted <Gilligan>'s dismissive with a visage plaid as it was unchanging. <Echoes>, from what it concluded, did not possess a high social standing. Not under normal conditions, no. Curiosity and adoration tinged the <stranger>'s kindness. A reaction, the Figure mused, reserved to those weaker. As for how it knew, it had given up on wondering. All would come with time.

For the moment, the Figure tilted its head, curious, at <Gilligan>'s new appearance. Curious, it thought, and better. Lustrous, firm, dignified, if it ignored the clash with the <stranger>'s clothes. As the Figure planned to voice its approval,

The <howl> echoed once more. Mist rolled in and lights dimmed all about. The Figure quietened, more so than it already did. It dimmed the glow of its appendages, closing toward the <stranger> to ward the <Dread> it felt. The Figure peered up, barely, and it did not like what it saw.

<It>.

The Figure listened to <Gilligan> and the <stranger> intently. The shard, their objective in their roam and how they met. Questions bubbled in its head, but the Figure suppressed them all. It needed not to know. Yet, it couldn't stay rested forever.

The Figure followed the <stranger>'s gaze. It took a deep breath. Lost ghosts, whole, forgotten lints, useless, remember. It knew the reason behind the <stranger>'s fascination.

<It> crunched a wisp dead. An incomplete <echo> was little more than animals.

Escape. Away. The Figure released a breath it did not know it was holding as <Gilligan> spoke again. It agreed. They should run, and yet-

"Ah." The Figure stilled, stunned, as it felt <Gilligan> on its head and the girl rushing off. It understood vaguely her train of thought. The <runeshard> was power. The Figure suspected also that the <runeshard> was related to its wholeness as an <echo>. Yet, was it worth risking a life to search for it?

Not that it mattered.

The Figure whispered, "<Gilligan> Sire, what shall we do?"

At the moment, it was responsible for <Gilligan> as well.

>>> The Figure waits for <Gilligan>'s decision

Last edited:

It2-Copy.png

<it>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
DREAD
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

Its offering having been accepted, it drew closer to the <stranger>. It thought to touch them. But already standing so near to the solid creature, it felt a comforting warmth, the chilliness over its core slackening its grasp. And if breathing it could be called, it inhaled sharply the fresh air, as though out of astonishment. The warmth of life seemed much more familiar to it than anything in its immediate vicinity. So captured, it fixed hollow eyes upon the sole source of heat and light in the world, heedless of its fellow-creatures, drooping leaves and even of the person’s hat. Indeed it knew now that the solid thing was a person, or rather felt, internalized the concept of life in a way more intimately than any simple, cold, hard fact.

And so it was disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm in the person for its offering of leaves. Perhaps the leaves, though glittering, were only worth as much as trash upon the ground after all.

For good or ill, it was soon distracted from the disappointment. A howl cut through the air, and once more seized its being. The warm one was not enough after all. Nay, this howl was darkness itself, is time gaining on the desperate inmate. There is no hope. The sole light dimmed.

It shrunk, and in panic its hollow eyes gave shape to twisted creatures in the dark. Then suddenly the chill abated. A torch blazed in the dark crypt of its mind. And lo, the <stranger> hand was around one of its limbs. And they pulled it, hopefully to some safe haven. The monster’s presence felt not so scary anymore.

But the real thing’s horridness far exceeded its imagination. The monster’s disgusting sounds heralded death, destruction – a form of pure darkness, an existence of malice. So it told itself, and sunk back into deep despair.

In their hiding place, the person spoke. The words startled it. <It>? Why, that’s the very name of itself, being no name at all. Even the hat had a name: Gilligan. And the person no doubt had one too. But it and <It>, both things of unnamed nature, and so must be indiscernible from the leaves and the dirt, the light and the dark. It shook.

And soon I shall be one with <It> – devoured and sent back to infinite night.

<???>: "So many little memories... "

Memories? Is that its name? Nay, it carried not the same air as a distinct, identifying one like the hat’s.

And so it rejected that name.

<Echoes>? Not that either.

Scared. Confused. Frustrated.

And now <It> was starting to devour the other glowing ones. The monster had a taste for its likes after all.

In light of this. The person had made a decision. They wanted to distract the monster in some way.

This prompted a protest from one. Then a sudden outburst of insanity from another, who charged out to willingly offer themselves to the monster. On the contrary, the person’s newly appointed lieutenant calmly observed their given order.

It though. It did not care for any chosen courses of action. Its mind was bent on two things: life and warmth. There seemed to be little difference between the monster’s belly and the darkness elsewhere. But so close to it was the light of life, that one thing it would follow, wherever to.

Just as its limb had been seized before, it now clung to the person.

>>“I go with you,” it told them.

A simple statement, with no entreating quality of a plea. A decision had been made, one it would allow no refusal.

Interaction: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Mention: Juju Juju Mirgris Mirgris Damafaud Damafaud

[Unknown]

900_JOPIZ_SMOKEFIGURE3-modified.png

Current Afflictions: <Dread>

Conversations continue to spur as the rustling draws closer. Another <Echo> emerges from the forest, though this one a lot more energetic than the others before it. Talk of a lucky leaf. A bundle thrust into the strangers chest.

"Curious..." the form thought to itself.

Seems these leaves may have some sort of significance to our plight.

As if hearing the forms inner thoughts, one of the shimmering leaves falls in front of its face. It quickly snatches the falling foliage out of the air, taking a moment to inspect it, twirling it between its fingers as it does so. The slight glow would almost be beautiful if it weren't for the current situation. Veins rain through it much as any other leaf, though a small hole had been seemingly chewed through the middle of this one.

"Doesn’t seem to be anything special, though the others seem to be interested."

Then, another <howl> and that increasingly familar chill. The leaf in its fingers curled back in fear. Hell the forest itself recoils in fear. The only source of light nearby quickly flickers out, and the murky darkness once again returns.

Voices once again ring out in the dark.
<???>: "<It> seeks the shard..."​
<Gilligan>: "Not just <It>. Others also seek its power. We have not much time."​
Then another sound, though different in texture and tone. A piercing  scream followed by a crunch. The forms head snaps over only to see another of its kind being devoured by the beast, the remnants of it left dripping from the creatures maw. In spite of the terrible sight before them, the living one proposes a distraction. The shouts of the other forms she do not dissuade her as she pushes forwards towards the beast. Two more of the faceless forms follow behind her, one with a firm and righteous gaze, the other with an almost desperate need to follow.

The curled leaf floats from the forms hand as it runs over to the newly announced <Gilligan> and their bearer.

"I say we find this <runeshard> the girl mentioned."

The form glances back towards the beast before continuing.

"If <It> and others are searching for it, this shard must hold some power of sorts that would help our plight."

>>
The form waits for directions from Gilligan before proceeding further into the forest.

Interactions: Damafaud Damafaud
Mentions: Mirgris Mirgris | ATurei ATurei | Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf (Gilligan)

human-figure-across-traslucent-glass-260nw-1525868474-modified.png
<Nameless>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
DREAD
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

the empty being's 'gaze' or whatever sense of sight it seemed to possess was directed upwards at the sky before it. Its hand outstretched forward as it tried to grasp towards the sky. It let its hand fall back down beside it as nothing filled up its fingers. No matter how hard it looked inside itself, it could not manage to grasp anything about itself, each thread it found falling through its grasp like dust.

when a deep howl filled the air, the echo shot up, panic filling it quickly as it scampered up. Its body almost failed on it as its mind raced on how to stand, falling forward and managing to catch itself on its makeshift arms. It shivered in fear, eyes rushing around its' surroundings as it looked for the beast. Both satisfied and unnerved by not seeing it, the echo took off, running in a random direction, desperate to flee from whatever had howled.

as it ran, it felt relief as it heard voices, quickly rushing towards the area, calling out as it did, "Hey! Is anyone there? I think I need help, did you hear that monNNNNSSS-" its voice caught in its throat as it was met with the sight of the people it had been looking for, but also the beast it was fleeing from, "Ah shit-!" it hissed out as it <<tumbled into a nearby brush>>, wincing at the branches that poked it as <<it tried to hide from the beast>>, fear gripping it deeply.
Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Last edited:
???
Wisp
Wandering Soul
The stranger functioned as a beacon for the lost, their presence alone attracting additional wandering souls within mere moments. While the new eyes converged primarily onto the girl, the prickling unease of being watched nevertheless afflicted the wisp's psyche.

How many others were there?

This scopaesthesia was confirmed by unfamiliar voices that followed, asking questions that were, inevitably, shot down by other another unfamiliar one. While the wandering soul had many questions festering within as well, the voice that granted warning was correct. Danger was about, and its urgency was undoubtedly felt by all. This fear needed to be swallowed, as panic would only lead to uncertainty and failure. Even in its newborn ignorance, the wisp understood this.

Then, one who had yet to speak had made their presence known, disturbing the fallen leaves that slept upon the bleak forest's floor. Ever-supporting the hand of the other wisp, their focus was briefly disturbed. As its *head* turned to view the commotion, it needed not question the other soul's intent, watching as it drove a bundle of leaves into the formed girl's midsection with great urgency. Very peculiar, though the formed girl seemed to be mildly entertained, even when facing the impending terror of <dread>.

After the inquiry of another, the hat's excitement and newfound respect for the one who acknowledged their "noble" stature was made apparent. How important were these two, truly? They were obviously different from the rest, yet the girl's form and detail supplied much more nostalgia than the flimsy shape the wisp had now adopted. Nevertheless, the hat's name was Gilligan, and the wisp was sure to remember.

Their attention was brought back to the wisp they had initially comforted as they confirmed their ease of mind. "That is good. If you do not let this fear consume you, then I shall do the same." Still, they trembled. Though the soft, monotonous nature of their voice betrayed the feelings that stirred within, the terror was tangible either way; however, the physical contact with another helped massively to soothe their sufferings. Their worry for the other wisp was honest, as was this wisp's nature to seek out others and protect. But deep down, perhaps they had achieved the solace they had been urgently seeking through this exchange of feelings. They really were terrified, and felt they had no means to act. They wanted to challenge this powerlessness.

As it was, the roles had truly been reversed, the wisp who had sought assistance now providing comforting words of encouragement.

“...that is why you should have it! It’s a lucky leaf, you see. Since catching it I have met two wonderful people. If you keep it close, you will surely be granted good luck like I was!”

This ordinary leaf. The wisp knew to discard it would not be the source of anyone's bane. Yet, now it had been made special. It had become a symbol. Of luck, of courage, of resolve. To the wisp, and only that wisp, it had been made special.

"Thank you. You are correct. It is lucky, isn't it? I will see that the leaf is treasured. For its purpose, it will serve me well." Carefully retrieving the leaf from the palm of the other wisp, it clutched it in one hand, the wisp's meager fingers embracing the leaf in a warm hug of trust and comfort. It could practically feel the fear draining for its very being as it brought the leaf to its chest, holding it dearly.

In an instant, the intensity of the situation began to crescendo once more as another hollow, piercing howl reverberated through the forest's many surfaces. After following the stranger into a dense foliage, they were able to battle the <dread> that assaulted them with their newly heightened resolve.

<It> moved ever closer, exuding primal ferocity and drive to slaughter. Dragging its form along, each haggard footstep was followed by another burst of ominous mist, seeming to ever-emanate from the hulking creature's twisted flesh. Why did it seek the shard's power, as mentioned by the two strangers? If this was indeed the creature's intent, this meant it was not witless, ever-calculating its butchering with absolute awareness of its own wickedness. Or, perhaps it was not so wicked after all? At this point, the situation was a question of survival, and only one party would come out of the situation alive.

It devoured the unlucky wisps the wandered too close to its maw, devilishly clamping down on their formless bodies with pained delight. It would be a death sentence to face it without a plan. While the wisp was without one, it appeared the girl and Gilligan had something in mind. Now, the hat was upon another wisp's head, and the formed girl made her plan known to all nearby: she planned on distracting it, by her lonesome? Some interjected with refusal, while others aimed to follow her direction to find the shard and secure its power.

The wisp hated their own inability, They wanted to find the shard. Their courage, now firm through the lucky leaf they had been granted, compelled them to act.

Within this moment, one of the wisps had apparently broken off and intended to face the beast head on. An admirable feat, though the wisp worried it would be fruitless. Surely they didn't possess the ability to confront it like that?

>> Hastily moving to the figure that the hat now rested atop, the wisp made their desire known. "Hat. The shard will provide us the means to slay <It>, yes? I seek this power. Where may it be?" Their resolve was firm. They would kill it, one way or another.

interactions: Juju Juju Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
mentions: Damafaud Damafaud Zufaix Zufaix ATurei ATurei TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm Mirgris Mirgris

Code by Serobliss

1675839903104.png

<NAMELESS>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
DREAD
└───═━.┈.━═───┘

INTERACTS WITH: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
MENTIONS: Everyone

The conversation was nowhere near as enlightening as the shade had hoped. The interruption, unwelcome as it was, made a point - danger was afoot. <It> was on the prowl, and what good is a question if one is not around to answer it? Curiosity burned at the wisp’s core, yet to indulge in it would be an error in judgment. It must wait.

<Dread>, as foul as it was, flickered briefly through the shade as the shadows lengthened, with the light of the trees all but vanishing into the malevolent dark. Bearable, up to a point, but the otherworldly chill that ran down its frame caused ghostly fingers to ball up into fists.

And then the killing started.

<It> had begun consuming the <echoes>, those formless little things just like itself. The first was foolhardy. The second had passed it by. But the <dread> - and surely it was the <dread> - that caused the thing to revert to lesser instincts. <It> was a beast from a particularly horrible nightmare, shaped and brought to life before the wisp’s gaze. And like a beast, <It> gorged itself on the <echoes>, greedily and hungrily.

The <Stranger> had run off to save what formless <echoes> that she could. Admirable. She would survive; the girl was most definitely far more experienced than the rest of the group. The rest sat there, with the wisp that had interrupted it paralyzed by indecision. The <runeshard>, no doubt something of immense importance and power, was out there somewhere. By all means, the wisp should’ve stayed.
And yet-

>>It fell into lockstep with the <Stranger>. “I will help.” it said. “We cannot save every <echo>, but we can at least allow them the opportunity that you have given us.”

Zone-Affliction: <Dread> All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.

>>"B-but you will be alone?!" The echo sputtered.​

[The <Stranger> smiled, but even she seemed to shiver.]
<???>: “Not to worry! I have a plan.”

[While the <Stranger> reaches out a hand to pat the frightened soul, others voiced their intention of joining her on the dangerous task.

>> ATurei ATurei
Just as its limb had been seized before, it now clung to the person.​
“I go with you,” it told them.​
>>The feeling of <Dread> dissipates as you grasp her.

It fell into lockstep with the <Stranger>. “I will help.” it said. “We cannot save every <echo>, but we can at least allow them the opportunity that you have given us.”​

She shook her head, raising a wary hand, intending to deny them in some manner. That was, until one of the wisps rushes past while muttering something about ‘not fearing death'. Mirgris Mirgris Even without ordinary eyes, the maddened glare of conviction can be seen on their face. Her blue eyes followed its trajectory, and her heart sank.

<???> “Er. Change of plans. If you wish to follow, then keep up!”
[The <Stranger> quickly picked up her feet, and chased after the fanatic wisp diving headfirst into the swirling maw.]

[The stalwart wisp ran towards the huge shadow, which appeared to only grow in size as the space between them closed. Engorging itself seemed to invigorate it, and the lumbering, slow creature straighten its low hunch. A glimmer of grace permeated the cloaked <entity>, granting history to the beautiful designs adorning the weathered, ragged cloth. A pale light shone in the hollow eyes. But the savagery quickly overwhelmed as it unleashed another howl.]

>>The creature appeared to gain power as it bit down upon the fresh memories, the smoke growing more dangerous and thick. Soon, those directly near it would feel like their limbs were frozen stiff by an unnatural, painful cold.
Mirgris Mirgris seasonedcat seasonedcat Mark this new debuff as <Overwhelming Dread> in your sheet.

[Though its conviction drove them beyond <Dread> for a brief moment, Mirgris Mirgris began to be muddled by the vicious waves of frigid bites that assaulted their body on their mad descent towards the <blade>. They would feel a sickness creep through their spiritual skin. If not for the sheer height of the creature they might have lost sight of it, in the wall of choking smog.

The monster snapped down its jaws, finishing off a fresh victim, when it caught wind of a certain wisp seasonedcat seasonedcat jerking to frantic movement. Its mouth began to salivate a twisted smoking ichor. The little colored things shrieked as the great horror pushed past them, reaching out a wicked furred appendage. <It> plucked this special one, from the bush it tried to hide within. Much in the fashion of a ripe little berry. The hollow animal skull tilted curiously, almost snickering as a guttural cough resonated in its wet gut. It recognized. Not one, but two prizes. Except this one came bounding across the misty forest floor with great abandon, welcoming their grim fate with open arms.

A massive claw, the size of their body swooped down, hooking them Mirgris Mirgris up with a single curled finger. The wisps hung like kittens by their nape as they were drawn skyward to meet their fate. The grand, twisted <blade> embedded in its chest was far from reach now, as <It>'s long neck craned to meet the captives.]

Mirgris Mirgris seasonedcat seasonedcat
>>They would be the first of the <echoes> to get a clear look of the creature.
[A half rotten skull of a great canine, perhaps a wolf, adorned with age-worn, curling antlers resembling the paved trees surrounding. Cleave marks and deep scratches marred the once-magestic protrustions, leaking blood from its exposed keratin. It stared directly into the captured wisps. An eerie white flame flickered in the dark sockets. A result of its feast. Without a lips the skull snickered, continuously oozing a repulsive white bile from its exposed jaw.

The creature heaved, spluttering as it hacked goo from its gullet, drooling and dribbling the <essence> drenched liquid. But no matter how repulsed you feel, you are unable to look away. You are <compelled>. Suddenly, voices, whispers, maddening echoing noises paraded in your heads and your heads alone. Until one sound took reign, rising above the others. This voice moved like a worm through your being until it reached where you felt the cradle where your mind was. ]

[An oddly noble, male voice.]

“A name is a heavy burden, is it not…?
Sweet child, allow me the honor of freeing you…”

[The bone jaw opened now, a jagged tooth maw teeming with swirling darkness. ]

>>You hang at its mercy. Will others risk their life to come save you?

[The <Stranger> ran as fast as she could through the smog engulfed forest, but it was too late. The wisp they chased was entrapped by the monster by the time she was in range. Along with another.

Her face grew grim.

A <spark> ignited in her outstretched hands as the <Stranger> focused her breath. With a motion of her arm, the <silver> clasped at her waist began to flutter and float into the air before her. In a radiant flash, the pieces coalesced into expansion, a glimmering <silvered> spear was formed in her hands.

The <Stranger> then bent a leg, throwing her hip as her body formed a javelin-tossing position. Even if she freed them, from this height, a fall would cause their frail bodies substantial damage.]

>>The <Stranger> shouted to anyone available.
<???> : "Catch them!"

>>Those who are present to make the dive, feel the danger of heading so close to the beast. You will suffer the same <Overwhelming Dread> debuff.

[The <Hat> watched in utter disbelief with its single round red eye, as more ignored orders and followed their calling hearts and broiling emotions. It practically snarled as one of them bolted off under some strange mantra, causing the <Stranger> to chase after. The dire situation was beginning to spiral out of control.]
<Gilligan> : “Foolish things. Clinging to morality, it surprises me less that <humanity> extinguished eons ago…”

>>The Figure whispered, "<Gilligan> Sire, what shall we do?"​

<Gilligan>: “Are we suddenly friends now? Hmph. Don’t be so hasty, new-servant.”
>>"I say we find this <runeshard> the girl mentioned."​
The form glances back towards the beast before continuing.​
"If <It> and others are searching for it, this shard must hold some power of sorts that would help our plight."​
>> Hastily moving to the figure that the hat now rested atop, the wisp made their desire known. "Hat. The shard will provide us the means to slay <It>, yes? I seek this power. Where may it be?" Their resolve was firm. They would kill it, one way or another.​

[The <Hat> squirms as its stitched jaws snapped.]
<Gilligan>: Smite the thought of slaying this fallen <Castellian> from your head! Far stronger have tried and failed. As foolish as my servant may be, even she knows to retreat soon after this gambit. We seek the <runeshard> as a precautionary measure. Once we attain it, we must repair the damaged <Sigil>. Only then, will there be hope of repelling <It>.
[It gazes out at the <Stranger> once more.] "It is a shame I may lose my favorite <Doll>...
However! All of you new-servants seem to have a desire to keep your heads. Good. Where else proper, shall I sit? Now. Listen to me. And listen well. ”

[The <Figure> begins to feel a pull on their head.]
<Gilligan>: “Gah! This wretched, foul <essence> is polluting my senses… still, I feel the faint thread. Though my detection wanes rapidly. Another foul <Shardbearer> arrives shortly. “

[The push in your head Damafaud Damafaud spins you, and points your facing West, indeed, deeper into the glitter-leaved woods. Though it is dimly lit by the mysterious lit foliage, starless darkness surrounded your pathways.]

>>What do you do?

GM Prompt: Two parties have officially formed, thus will follow separate rounds.
Team <Hat> consisting of Damafaud Damafaud Zufaix Zufaix kasigi kasigi Juju Juju
And Team <Stranger> consisting of seasonedcat seasonedcat Mirgris Mirgris ATurei ATurei TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm

Last edited:
The Figure

wisp-jpg.1063304

Echo
Interaction
: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Zufaix Zufaix kasigi kasigi
Mention: Juju Juju

<Gilligan>: “Are we suddenly friends now? Hmph. Don’t be so hasty, new-servant.”

"A name is better than an empty title, sire." The <Figure> murmured without defiance or servitude. Names were fascinating, like the glow of its translucent body. The <Figure> did not have a name; none appeared in its mind, known or unknown. It glanced at the others, the <Echoes> staying with it. Did they remember a name? No, presumably, as they had gone so far, like it, without its mention.

What did the <Stranger> said? It was rare already to find one as whole as them.

Terms flew once again from <Gilligan>, understandable yet foreign without meaning. <Castellian>, <It>s name, meant nothing to the <Figure>. <Sigil>, <Doll>, and <Essence> remained without context. <Runebearer>, as <Gilligan> turned the <Figure>'s gaze west, left more to infer.

Someone that could make use of the <runeshard>... perhaps. Either way, escape was a better option than to stay idle.

"Come," the <Figure> nodded at the others. It raised and made haste, ignoring stealth as the <Castellian> was plenty occupied, running West. It did not like the darkness, the lack of light, but all was better than getting eaten. As for why it urged the others to follow,

a little bit of camaraderie, a small soul of cooperation, and a hint of using them as baits to run away.

Alright, perhaps more than a hint.

>> The <Figure> ran West, following <Gilligan>'s hint.

downloadfile.png
<Nameless>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
N/A
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

They tried their best not to look back at the hulking beast, but in the end they couldn’t help but watch with wide eyes as their allies rushed into battle. How could they be so bold? At the very least, <stranger> wasn’t alone anymore, but considering the ferocious appetite of the <Castellian>, they weren’t sure if that would last long.

A conversation between the familiar sharp words of <Gilligan> and <The figure> diverted their attention away from the horrific scene. It reminded them of what needed to be done. <The Figure> urged them to follow and led the way. The echo was quick to comply.

“R-right. I’m right behind you! Let’s look for it together!” they said, a sudden urgency in their voice upon realizing they had been wasting precious time, “We need to hurry, before they get hurt!”

>> The echo flanks The Figure and searches for the <runeshard>
Damafaud Damafaud Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi Zufaix Zufaix

???
Wisp
Wandering Soul
This wisp watched as their numbers depleted, many seeking to aid the stranger in their task. It was a difficult decision: to go with the stranger to ensure their safety, or secure the runeshard? Powerless as they were, what could they do? A fools errand would get them nowhere, they would simply become another gnarled corpse in the wretched beast's gullet. If the runeshard is as they say, they must make haste.

<Gilligan>:"Smite the thought of slaying this fallen <Castellian> from your head! Far stronger have tried and failed. As foolish as my servant may be, even she knows to retreat soon after this gambit. We seek the <runeshard> as a precautionary measure. Once we attain it, we must repair the damaged <Sigil>. Only then, will there be hope of repelling <It>."

The unfortunate news was aimed to temper the wisp's tenacity, yet they had no intention of changing their mind. The wisp had discovered their own stubbornness, and was comforted by its familiarity. "That is.. unfortunate. I am in no position to disagree, so I will heed your words. Even so, if the opportunity arises.." Their head turned, fixed upon the <Castellian>'s path of chaos. The dread ever lingered, scratching at the wisp's mind as it continued to devour more stray souls. I seek its head.

Their intensity was followed by compliance, sharing the sense of urgency felt by the others. The wisp followed, relying on the distraction of those who went with the stranger to act as their concealment.

"Come," The wisp returned a nod to the <Figure>, finding their form now permitted them to run without abandon. A far cry from the wobbly first steps they experienced not long ago.

“We need to hurry, before they get hurt!” They were right. If the <Stranger> could not hold the beast off, the wisps that accompanied surely wouldn't last long. There would be no time for distractions.

"Indeed. To save all we can, each moment is crucial. What will we need to do in order repair this <Sigil>, Gilligan?" They spoke as if they knew what the <Sigil> was. Too many questions, so little time. In this particular moment of distress, however, the how was more important than the why.

Juju Juju Damafaud Damafaud Zufaix Zufaix Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Code by Serobliss

It2-Copy.png

<it>

┌──═ Effects ═──┐
Overwhelming Dread
└───═━.┈.━═───┘​

As though a tangible extension of the <stranger>’s solid existence, it chased close after them. Greater the distance between it and the person, the nearer it felt to irreversible abandonment. Indeed every step took it nearer also to the monster. But what choice had it? Wobbling feet laden with fear and mounting dread, yet temporarily freed from the burden of thoughts, it ran headlong towards doom.

Suddenly, a flash of silver pierced through its empty sockets. Started, affrighted, it halted. Ere the moment passed and wonder set it, the <stranger> spurred it again into action. But what says she? Catch them.

They had bid it leave her side to save those lesser beings, plunging itself into perils. Had the person somehow mistaken its selfish attraction to their heat for some noble purpose it had not?

Regardless, the order had been given. It could not afford to refuse the person now, too much at stake. It struggled forth.

>>“Why must the act of moving be so bothersome,” it thought, while approaching the monster in heavy, but hasty steps, eyes lifted skywards, awaiting the fall of them with frail arms outstretched. “Evanescent are those poor things, but still I feel in them some vestiges of life, and so worth preserving. Let me do my best to save them, though my best may well be of little avail.”

Interaction: Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf seasonedcat seasonedcat Mirgris Mirgris TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm
Mention:

Last edited:
Zone-Affliction:
<Overwhelming Dread> All characters here are currently experiencing a paranatural chill and shiver that no amount of heat seems to alleviate. Precise actions are made more difficult and have a higher chance of failure.
----------------------------------------------------------------

“A name is a heavy burden, is it not…?
Sweet child, allow me the honor of freeing you…”

“What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”

The thought comes freely as I prepare to attempt to escape. My body is not flesh, it is smoke and colored lights, energy and thought, an echo more mind than matter.
So I flex my mind, my body and whatever is left of my soul. It's a matter of willpower to manipulate myself, not muscle and calories. So it is a matter of mind which I flex trying to move through the monsters grip as smoke and energy, light and shadow, magic and mind. Always keeping an eye down searching for the <Blade> which does not yet know it is mine.

<<I attempt to free myself and prepare to drop down to grab the blade>>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back