• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shattered Fates: ✩The Awaking✩

seasonedcat

bloodless
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
FhTSklwLJD2LUsCUNwz5MRgjLUj38orYwB-XfyWWVroc8sJn6KEduxBJSwAc4pZAjt8AnP-kl-nQldKhLc0AspVBs5llDGL_mAanSzwaomf__TQgYE92JHpu4cc0LUeCnM22lxo9
Who are you? What are you? There are so many questions and so little answers. You can see the world through you lack the eyes that should be required to do so. Your mind is foggy and fuzzy as if balls of cotton have taken refuge inside you. Where are you? Another good question yet one that still remains as unanswered as the rest. You sit in a small room, there are many clocks ticking at once making many small noises. The pink walls are lined with clocks, not a single one at the same time as the next. They are all in different sizes and shapes, not one seeming to have any relation to the previous one. The roof is a clear glass that is cracked and is letting rain drip gently down onto the overgrown stone floor. It is more of a viney grass floor than stone at this point. Even with the rain, there are no clouds in the sky and you can clearly see the bright galaxy that shines overhead. You sit at a small wooden table? Does it count as sitting when you float centimetres above the wooden surface? The table has vines growing up it along with the chair you sit in. This also makes you notice that the wall also has vines growing in between the clocks, the room is filled with them. The table before you have a cracked set of tea supplies. A cracks webbing on the ivory set of glass though nothing spills out of the steaming teapot. The cracked set is a beauty to look at in itself. The handles are weaved glass that looks like thorny vines that connect to the main body. Where the handle ends the art continues, spreading the vines along the body in beautifully crafted strokes of paint. Outlined in gold and in fading yet brilliant shades that take your breath away. There is moss growing on the table though that doesn't stop there from being a plate of cookies sitting next to the tea set. The final thing on the table is a broken hourglass, the sand inside spilling out onto the table and glittering in the starlight. Candles float gently in the air as if floating on water lighting the room up white light unusual to candlelight. There is no door to enter or leave the room though you do not feel treated by the fact you could potentially not be able to escape. Actually this entire room fills you with a pleasureful bliss of calmness that almost lulls you into a sleep.

You hear the sound of a light laugh, it reminds you of the sound of a bell ringing in your ears. Your gaze shifts to the seat across from you where a woman sits, leaning delicately on top of the hourglass. How long had she been here? You do not have any memory of seeing her sitting there when you had been looking around the room. Well, at least you thought you hadn't... now that you think about it you find everything you know feeling unsure and unfamiliar. You can swear you did not see her there but you also can't deny the fact that you might have as well. Now that you think about it you also realize you have no memories. Absolutely none, as if you had been birthed. The problem is, you don't feel as though you are a blank slate, you feel as though you are a piece of paper that used to have words on it but now have been erased. You can just make out just the faint outlines that there was something that used to be written there but you have no idea what the words were. It nags at you. Thinking about it makes the nagging feeling worse, it makes it harder to think. The cotton becomes thicker and thicker. Perhaps its best to not think about that right now.

"Hello there!~" she purrs out softly, her lips opening and closing to form the words out perfectly. Her face is so smooth and perfect it looks exactly like that of a doll. Her light blue hair cascades around her face gently, perfectly clutching her body and gently gracing the floor with its tips. You find yourself unable to speak as she does, how do you speak again? You can understand her but you are unable to do it yourself, "You are so cute, I wish you were one of my dolls..." she frowns slightly to herself before shaking her head.

"Welcome to a dying world, one where the gods have fallen and the world has become corrupt," she laughs somberly to herself, "I am the last one left at this point, but that's why you are here." she offers you once again her perfect smile, "I know this might be disorienting, not being able to remember who you were or how you got here. You will have those questions answered soon, by someone far more capable to answer them than me. All you need to know from me is my name. You can call me Sai, no need to answer yours, you don't remember it after all..." she giggles lightly, "You, a lost soul, are the only hope for this dying world. It's almost poetic isn't it." she hums before looking like she had just got an idea. She reaches over and slowly pours tea into your cup. A floral scent gently drifts into your nose, a light pink liquid gently waves inside your cup. "I hope you make the right choice to help the world, but if you don't that's up to you..." she trails off, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She glances at the clocks, her eyes screaming surprise, "Oh my, our times up, silly me," she reaches over the table and covers your front with her hand. You feel warmth overgrow you as your vision turns black from her hand.

You are falling. You realize this now, falling fast towards the ground. You look down and see a stone floor coming towards you at a quick pace. You have nothing to grab onto, the only thing around you being darkness. If you strain your thought you can see the outline of other whisps, just as shapeless and unidentifiable as yourself. There is no difference between any of the whisps and you can assume it is the same for yourself. Just as you are about to fall you stop millimetres off the ground, the wind blowing the slightly glowing white flowers that grow in the cracks of the floor. Then it lets you go and you land on the ground, the same happening for the rest of the whisps.

The room is dim, the only light coming from the flowers that grow in the cracks and weave their way up the walls, clutching onto anything they can get their grasps on. In the center of the room there sits a large hole, the cracks that line the ground webbing out from this hole. The hole is like a pit of darkness with chunks of lowly white crystals sticking out of the hole's wall. You feel a small pit of dread inside you as you look at this hole, you wonder why. The last thing of interest in the room is a small pair of steps that lead to another room. You don't have much time to look that way before you feel a heavy wave of dread hit you and making you unable to move away. You turn your head almost unconsciously to face the hole from earlier, seeing a dark shape slink out.

Its four-no three- eyes stare at you, one eye has a long scar running down the center leaving it a white milky shade. The other eyes glow a yellow shade, easy to make out even in the dim light. Its black fur is fluffy and light, giving the creature a small poof on its chest. Its claws are long and black, it's six legs carry it out of the hole and it looms above the group, huge in size. It's tail wishes behind it, white highlights shily sticking out near the end. It gazes around the room, it's gaze filling you with so much dread it feels as though your body is on fire.

It steps over to the first whips, leaning down and smiling evilly at the poor thing, it's lips lifting revealing a set of sharp fangs, it's main ones being just enough to see whenever it's mouth were closed, now shine dangerously in the dim light. It continues down each whisp, every now and then, seeming displeased with the whisps staring contest and consuming the poor thing in one bite, the dread being too much for the thing to attempt to run away. Finally, the thing looms over you, offering you the same smile, this time however you hear words in a strange voice fill your head. The thing's voice in your head sounds raspy and almost as if there are other voices mixed in with it. It speaks simply to you,

"Why should I let you live here? What do you offer this dying world that is worth more than the nutrients you will give me?"
Juju Juju Siren77 Siren77 Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf kasigi kasigi Missy Missy The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Lekiel Lekiel Solirus Solirus

Gods... Why does that sound so familiar...

But what is familiar...? Breathing... No, I don't breathe... yet I still feel my chest heave... Yes, this is the feeling of life...?

The lone wisp listened to the words spoken by the goddess, watching her smile carefully.

This white figure appeared. Things just appeared, now that they think about it. As far back as they remember, at least. And that wasn't very much. They were the same. Just a moment ago, the floating soul was nothing and felt absolutely nothing. But then it opened its... eyes? It began seeing, regardless. Existence rushed back and flushed out the darkness that it grew accustomed to. And the first thing that welcomed them to the waking, were the walls of spinning hands and whirring ticks. A pink wall of clocks that floated before the backdrop of a shimmering galaxy. And here they sat at the center of the marvel, in this pale room of overgrown entropy and broken tea sets. Odd, how there was a sand clock when there were plenty of other clocks to use. Not to mention that it was broken. Many things were broken before it. The wisp wanted to reach out and touch the shattered pieces of porcelain, targeting a little golden handle that laid there across the table. Though it couldn't remember why, it felt an instinct of sorts. To move its chest, to breathe despite not breathing, and to act. But before it could touch anything, its private time of peaceful discovery and contemplation had ceased.

This apparent god was called 'Sai'. It pocketed this name into its blank space of a mind. There was a lot of it. So she was the reason it could live again. If the wisp could smile back at her, it would. Even though it didn't know what a 'doll' was. Strange how it knew some things, but not others. Perhaps it wasn't important? Or perhaps it was better off this way.

She spoke so fast that it could barely keep up. There was mention of saving a dying world, and of hope, and poetry. But just before it could say a thing she quickly told them that their time was over. Then she stretched her hand out and grabbed the wisp. Just like that, blackness engulfed everything once more.

Does this mean I die... again?

I don't... want to...

There was a rushing sensation. It was cold. In this moment, it wanted to scream. Was this death? No. That was death.

A stone floor covered by glimmering dots threatened to embrace the wisp from below. Fear swelled up in its belly and it began flailing its arms around, flapping in a desperate attempt at flight. Who knows, perhaps it was some sort of bird in a past life? It couldn't remember. If it could remember how to scream, it would yell for life as it trashed against the freezing, musky air. And for a moment, it seemed like the wisp was actually flying. A breeze picked it up, and it began to slow. Yes. This must be true. They must've been a bird in the past life.

It extended its arms and gracefully fluttered downwards, and it noticed others like itself. The wisp touched the floor and bounced, and it spun. Grateful to be alive.

It jumped and waved at the others. And as it went forth, its feet stepped over a trail of the glimmering lights, now being closer discovering that they were in fact glowing flowers. These were the only source of light in this gloomy place. A place between life and death.

But it soon found out that they were not the only thing that existed here. A black form. It escaped a black hole that centered on this floating piece of stonework. The wisp felt a heaviness as it quickly straightened out and gazed upon them, towering over them like a shadow. This feeling was so severe that it was stopped in its tracks. The wisp could only shiver as dread crept up its very essence and foamed within their head as four eyes stared back at it. The others seemed to be trapped in this curse as well, all stuck in place as they fell into the gaze of this thing.

What is that... What is it...?

As if to answer, the creature morphed and snarled, becoming a monster of teeth and nightmare, it stepped forward from its place from the black den at the center and gaze at each of them with a wicked smile. Its teeth were as large as them, practically. It simply stood there, as though daring them to act out. And when one did, the creature punished them with a snap that swallowed them whole. Then it moved to the next. It was not the darkness, or the stone floor, or the falling. Here, in this place, this creature chose who lived and who died.

Their Judge.

And when it came their turn, the little wisp looked up at the viscous maw. Was this it? Voice not only their own began to slowly whisper and echo in their mind. These sounds seem to originate from the monster itself. Who else could they belong to. For it asked one deniable question;

"Why should I let you live here? What do you offer this dying world that is worth more than the nutrients you will give me?"

For a moment, it thought. Then It spoke back, though the words seemed to only reach the beast.
"Why... why would you eat me? I'm a bird, I can fly you out of this place."

when- where- what... The wisp questioned, suddenly being given some feelings and thoughts… wu- how-... The wisp once again questioned only understanding little and ignoring most of its surroundings. I uh uh, I… I The wisp tried to wrap its head around confused of what was going on with itself more than its surroundings.

Soon it looked around and saw clocks around it… with glass on top with stone underneath… soon water came into contact. no- this… feeling I don’t- like- it’s... pausing and not knowing how to describe the feeling of water coming into contact with it, the Wisp was once again surprised by the change of scenery and was taken aback by it, this time however it managed to get a goal in mind. uh uh- I nee- need to survive- to… persevere It said those words subconsciously not knowing what exactly they meant, but they resonated within it as if its very being would go into autopilot to achieve such a thing.

Then came a voice, it seemed playful and even happy even though the words the goddess spoke seemed dark and dreadful. But as soon as the goddess finished and the time ran out, the wisp was sent somewhere else, finding more similar to it. But it didn’t bother very much especially not when a dreadful feeling filled its entire being. wu-wu-wu-what... Before the wisp could think again and take in its environment, it was seemingly swallowed and asked a simple question: "Why should I let you live here? What do you offer this dying world that is worth more than the nutrients you will give me?"

“I uh-i can I- I” The wisp paused and stuttered unable to speak out the words when suddenly it’s very existence suddenly stopped and in that same autopilot, responded with a firm and even stubborn voice. Perseverance and Determination, that is what I can give to this dying world.” Quickly the Wisp fell back down and began to tremble again, this time even more. wha- what happened, it’s like- it was-wasn’t, itself lik-like the mem-mem-memories of someone els-else rushed in an-and to-t-t-took over. The wisp Shivered awaiting a response from the beast

The first thing the wisp noticed was the ticking, taunting and endless. It was the sound of seconds being counted and hours running out. Clocks were everywhere, each battling to holding as little meaning as the others. They all had different ideas, but were any of them right? In the end they did not hold time. They were just clocks. The wisp left them to their directionless ticking, and looked to the star splashed sky above and felt a strange sense of loneliness.

Their vestiges of a mind rattled like a dead leaf. Empty promises. Why was this familiar? It cared not for who it was, only the why. Why was it here? Why did it feel cheated? Something was missing. Something was stolen. Something was forgotten. It struggled against the intangible, never really knowing why it was trying so hard to cling onto nothing. It fell between grasping fingers like sand in an hourglass, growing more distant the more it fought. Desperation ran wild, looking for a holdfast, and then growing quiet when it found none. Nothing was lost.

The wisp should have felt joy when the goddess appeared, and it did, but the more the goddess spoke the more tired the wisp felt, and became aware of an uneasy sense of guilt. The wisp didn’t even flinch at the goddess’s touch, but it did at the words.

Time ran out.

There was never enough time.

The wisp fell, but it’s greatest worry was put to rest when it saw the vague outlines of other wisps falling with it. Dangerous hope welled up, like an old friend, but it was not the only one. Fear. Waves of this unknown yet all to familiar sensation enveloped the wisp as the dark creature pulled itself from the hole. It saw teeth, pale liquid oozing between. Blood. The fear became overwhelming then, but not because of the blood. Rather, because the sight did not stir anything at all. Why then did it tremble as if its heart, or whatever was in its core, wished to tear itself apart. Every time it stared at the fourth eye it felt its soul being tugged by the unreachable once more. It tried to remember but forgot why it was interested.

It would cry if it had eyes. Joy and sorrow grew so thick it would choke on words. “There is nothing I can give. What is one soul to a thousand thousands? One song for the love of a broken world? All I can give is my everything...the chance that I may live and die for something greater. Alone I am worthless, but maybe I can do something this time… I mean, with this time I have.”

It felt exhaustion as the words spilled out, leaving them empty and hollow. They glanced down at the pale blooms for hardly a moment but it was enough to snatch it’s heart away. It felt… calm? Was that the right word? Death loomed above but it was alright. It would be alright. It looked down at the flowers, finding strength in their fragile glow. They shined for them, and if the wisp could smile it would have.

“We give meaning to this nothing. Consume my flesh if you must, for if it will help you then I gladly embrace such a Fate. I won’t be for nothing.”

Falling...it's a strange situation to find yourself in, no? After meeting a random Goddess who told you you're the world's last hope, which is strange on its own accord, now you are falling. It could see others around it falling, all with a similar formless shape, they were all approaching the ground but, for some reason, it felt little fear of that fact. The Goddess had said they were this world's last hope, so it doubted that it would die here after the Goddess sent them down herself. Landing, however, was surprisingly painless and graceful, it stops just before it felt to make a soft landing.

Upon landing in the moss it felt no incline to sit up and just continued to lay there. For some reason when it landed in this position it felt a strong sensation to just rest, it wasn't tired it just, wanted rest. So the nameless creature continued laying there listening to the commotion around it, getting a general idea of what it had to do to live. So when the beast was looming over it, merely stared back at it with dull eyes.

It felt the dread the beast gave off but it was almost as if it couldn't care less about that fact. Why should the beast let it live? That was a good question, one that could have a thousand different reasons and outcomes. Though it knew of only a few that it really would bother saying. Letting out a sound that was akin to a sigh it answered the beast, the words flowing inside its head easily as the goddess had spoken,

"You letting me live is up to you, not me. I could give you a thousand different reasons to let me live but I think you already know who you are going to let live before you even asked this question. Otherwise, I could lie to you and give you a nice bullshit answer that would make you fall in love with me. though that's way too much work for me and I think I am just going to lay here. Hope you don't eat me, but man I couldn't care less, either way, to be frank."

These words came easy to its mind, not holding malice or any sort of anger, more of a tired tone. It was quite clear that this whisp had little desires and ambition, but the courage it took to speak like that was clear. Though it trusted the fact that what you tell it here today is just a little confirmation of what it already knew. It didn't make sense that it would go off of just the words you said. Though of course, it could be very wrong and the beast could eat it in the next few seconds. Guess the only way to find out is going to be waiting to see if the thing would devour it.

Gasping with their newfound existence the wisp form buzzed with the constant ticking of the the clocks around them. The repetitive sound resonating against the formless wip molding and shifting it as it began to look around and see the odd set of of damaged items, only to be met with a large woman with a sweet voice.

Like honey dripping onto the tongue the goddess spoke of the dying world and their purpose is to save it. The wisp looked at the alluring figure in front of them it was so strange. This was a Goddess and here this lost soul, were they was having tea with them. Watching the the pink liquid pour into the cracked cup the wisp shuddered against the floral scent. Looking over at the goddess the wisp tried to speak with her ask her how they came to be. Trying and failing time and time again to express their words the wisp soon found their body engulfed in the goddess's palm.

Before the wisp could gather the process to utter out a word the gentle darkness engulfed the wisp and they found themselves tumbling. Nothing under their feet and no sense of anything around they were in an stale whistling abyss. Air wrapping around the wisp it's body twisted and culled against the wind resistance turning it into a solid mass only for its body to unravel and glide against the wind fluttering downwards.

Weightless....

This...feels....right....

The wisp thought as it cascaded down the dark expanse. Unsure if whatever they used to see through in this formless body were open or closed as the pitch black revolved around them, the wisp fell. As soon as the question of if they would fall forever crossed their mind the dark abyss grew brighter as they began to reach closer to the glowing flowers. Looking down at the large bright expanse the wisp noticed other masses cascading along with them. Others? Do they share the same task?

Turning away from them the wisp had to focus on how to break their landing. The flowered ground was coming in close and they knew not what effect landing would have on their body. Unsure which part was which the wisp twisted and turned no limbs to attach to the wisp folded and fluttered as the ground grew closer. Bracing what they thought was impact the wisp was surprised that they missed the impact.

Floating over the flowers for a moment the wisp tilted its body.

A break?

No, a barrier?

Falling onto the flowers in a crumpled heap the wisp felt the need to move, to rise. The glowing petals rose and fell upon the wisps impact to the ground. The light dimming from the flowers as they lost their life crumpling and fading.

The ground feels good.

Sturdy.

Taking comfort in the ground the wisp knew they had to move. The reason why was a mystery but action, even the slightest of movement, was ingrained in the wisp. Expanding as the wisp thought about breathing. It wondered if it could breathe, then wondered what it was. Identity-less questions began to encompass its mind their internal dialogue cut through the confusion.

Stand Up.

Arise.

Struggling to pull something of a body together the wisp ran what they assigned a hand. Heaving and twisting the wisp struggled to rise. Willing the formless body to take any form the wisp began to push itself up onto an unsteady teeter.

Alone?

Questioned the wisp as they looked around at the area, seeing other wisps getting up and looking around. Something unsettling took over their essence and the wisp snapped to face it head on.

No.

The wips body spiked and vibrated as it saw the moving husk of the dark mass. It's hulking form looming over another of its kind and snapping it whole. The wisp rumbled with primal instincts as the creature moved toward it and soon enough loomed over them. Their whole body tensing tightly as a coil the wips met the gaze of the monster. Watching the unsettling toothy smile expand on the sickening rotting creature the wisp cocked it's head as the beast's voice echoed in the wips mind.

Cocking its body the wisp's sharp ends simmered and flowed back into and around. The wisp felt something rise up in them as they were questioned on their purpose. It wasn't known who they were, why they were what they are, and why they were here. However, the wisp knew that this mass, had no right to question their unknown purpose. Without thought or hesitation the wisp stepped towards the hulking mass.

"Nutrients are fleeting, creature. I am action, I will move to fight, to protect, to resolve in any means." The wisp looked into the masses eyes and their tone shifted to something softer, "If you care for this dying world and cannot offer anything else to it, then let me pass. If not I will make the path, for I know I can." The wisp said finishing with a determined glare.

Last edited:
Consciousness. Knowing. For how long had it begun knowing? There was no way to tell. What separated silent oblivion from the time the threshold was crossed and the figment began to understand that it dwelled in an umbral void?

One day. . .

One day, a day just like any other. One day for lack of a way to tell of a beginning. For how could one know to number the days when all of Time had stopped moving? What was one hour to the next? An abstract concept, made by mere mortals to neatly compartmentalize the goings and happenings, the events and shapings of what made the present, the present. And by extension, all that had happened the past. And that which should come, the future. And so when all happenings stopped happening, so too did Time cease to exist. An eternity of not knowing. It wasn't a long time. For there were no shorts, no longs. Just...

A consciousness. An Existence.

A stirring of clouded depths. A minute shift in the profundities of a being. Forgotten who it'd been by then, numbed by the torture of being unbeing for ages, drifting in the void of nothingness. So the sudden feeling, if indeed it could be called that, was like a spark of light in a fathomless dark, a flash of colour in endless grey. It withdrew from it at first, afraid that the colour might carry a taint. Of what, it did not know. But to know that it did not know, after so long, it was frightening. It watched from a distance, cautious. Curious. For there was nothing like it that it'd ever seen. But that would imply experience. Memories. Past.

What were those things? It never had those.

It drifted closer. Then reached out, and touched it. A warmth, cradled in the palm of it's... extensions. Appendages. Then all of a sudden, it disappeared into its being.

Panic! Where had it gone?!

Its world grew brighter and brighter, the dark muted grey beaten back by an unknown source of light. Blinding light, scorching at fragile skin. It screamed, but there was no sound. Grew brighter still, if at all that was possible. A flash. Then the gentlest gossamer of pale wispy light glowed anew again.

The rhythmic ticking. It felt it, even as the walls were lined with a multitude of counting pieces, each methodically and emphatically telling their own tale in a cacophony of discordant maddening disagreements. They awoke in what appeared to be a room. With pink walls and their squabbling timepieces. On a ground of broken stone and grass, under shattered heaven which in itself basked in the impassive twinkles of faraway lights.

In the middle, curious apparatus' that left the being's mouth feeling parched and dry. If it even had a mouth at this point. It's sights were drawn to the vial of flowing sand. A neverending sifting of powdered dust.

Peculiar.

How could the moving of something to a somewhere mean the passing of a sometime?

What was this place? Why am I here? Questions filled its mind, ones that were partially answered by a sudden purring voice. Pale crystalline blue cascaded from the crown of the thing that called itself Sai. A dying world? Corruption? Fallen gods? Those words played in the fragments of its cognizance, unfamiliar for lack of anamnesis and yet teasingly coy with meaning.

Was it a god? The silence of its thoughts brooked no answer.

Was Sai a god?, it wondered. Comprehension. Sai wasn't capable enough to answer its questions, although Sai knew it had questions without it questing. Weren't gods all-capable?

What was a god? Was it like it? Why did such a thought evoke such impassioned swellings in the core of its being? Thinking came easily then. But the soundless voices and markless writings that floated through the wisp so naturally was as much a source of wonderment, as was the world it now found itself in.

Sai spoke again. Of how it was the last hope of this dying place and of making choices.

"Oh my, our times up, silly me," Sai exclaimed. Time? How could it know that a moment for an event was over when even the plethora of time-counters of this room could not agree?

But before it could ponder for longer, it was sent spiralling downwards in dizzying fall or flight.

Awareness came back once again. Another place. It fell. Far below. Or above? Couldn't tell. But it knew it moved too fast. A part of it thinking it would be smashed at the end. Shattered into pieces. Bits of itself scattered into far in-betweens.

But...

There was no pain. It landed. There was no pain. It stood. Vision unsteady. Shaky supports, legs weak. Pale lights aplenty. Others. Others like it. What was it? This place was dimmer. Darker. Lit by pearlescent blooms tearing its way through the stony surface. White pellucid flowers.

Then Dread came. It came in a grotesque figure of darkness and blight. It shook in terror. Transfixed to its spot. A Fear so palpable it thought it would regurgitate its wispy insides and paint the ground with luminescent white. Twisted appendages, much too many, unblinking eyes and razor fangs. Horror personified. It was terror.

It was beautiful.

It watched as its kin were consumed. One by one with warped delight. An overwhelming panic strickened its core. A rising tide of emotion that overwhelmed its once methodical thoughts. A sharp keening siren that screamed for its threatened mortality. A familiar feeling. And when Dread arrived. It welcomed it.

Dread was so close, it thought the fear it instilled would simply shake its fragile wispy frame into pieces. But yet, it revelled in the feeling. It welcomed it and by that acceptance, it knew it was the master of its fate.

For Dread asked a question. A curious question. Why ask when it could simply take?

Because if I live. . . I can give you so much more. If it had a voice, it would tremble. If it had lips, it would be smiling.

The persistent and perplexingly rhythmic beating of the surrounding clocks in unison vibrate within the lost wisp's make-shift form, clashing with the inevitable confusion of the situation. "Gods? Another world?" were all that was offered as the beautiful woman's words oddly clicked with that of the clocks. In an effort for silence, the wisp desperately tried to cover its ears with both hands, an odd feeling to experience as the noise continued as strong, like its entire being was part of the setting. That was until a warm sensation erupted up its chest, centering the wisp's core for but a moment before plunging it down into another existence. This one far less friendly.

A rabid beast consuming many others of the wisp's kind, sparing only few, was a gruesome sight to first encounter, the same questions repeated over and over again, "Why should I let you live here? What do you offer this dying world that is worth more than the nutrients you will give me?" - Frozen in fear, the wisp held itself, like a creature hoping to be forgotten by a predator within the bushes, until its reality came crashing down when faced with the same question itself. Silence fell for a moment following the question of the beast, it's eyes fixated on the wisp, likely believing it to be the next meal.

"Change." the wisp helplessly offered, quickly finding further words as clearly this was not suffice enough for the starving beast. "For death of anything can only have the hope of mediating such upon the change of something to divert from its current path... therefore I offer change." the wisp offered, not prepared for such a question, little own one relating to another world of its previous existence.

Last edited:
An explosion of thought, of consciousness, like the big bang - something born from absolute nothingness.

Ah.. The light, seemingly without a source, filled the void which previously danced around him. The formless entity stared at this light, it was all it knew now, so why bother with any other petty distractions. The swirl of colors and beauty of space's endlessness conquered his being. Annoyance overwhelmed the wisp soon after, as the fleeting ecstasy provided by its ability to see was interrupted by the not-so rhythmic ticking of the clocks. These clocks, consequentially, broke it from its trance-like state.These ticking apparatuses were hard to ignore, but allowed him to soak in the rest of the room. Time. The table that the wisp *sat* in front of had an assortment of items placed upon it, seemingly without meaning or underlying purpose at a glance, allowed the wisp to connect the dots. The shimmering tea set made with definite artisanship faded away, as if it was from a forgotten era. The moss, which grows steadily yet slowly, exemplified the loneliness and isolation of the room. Finally, the wisp's eyes laid upon the hourglass. Broken. Once, it signified the passage of time, but now it was shattered. Time? The wisp had these thoughts, but failed to understand them. What is time? What does this so called time have to do with clocks and an hourglass? Who? Why? What? All valid questions, none of which were being answered. To be brought into existence from nothingness was painful, as if there were demons clawing at the wisp's thoughts. Did it have past life, is it gone? Are they different now from what they once were?

Still, the wisp was calm. Unnaturally so. This influence felt like a spell rather than a true feeling of content. The wisp hated it. It wanted to move, but felt like it couldn't- the wisp wanted to get up and leave, but was caged inside a prison.

A new presence spoke. The wisp listened with steadfast curiosity. They had not noticed this being before, as if they had simply appeared from thin air. This Sai spoke of a dying world, the world they currently resided in. Did the wisp once live in said world, or were they plucked from another, a rose unwelcome amongst an inflorescence of orchids? A choice on such a grand scale, to help the world, falling into the wisp's lap. They tried to speak, to say something back, but nothing would come out. A spark of genuine happiness surged through the wisp's core as they were promised their questions would be answered, soon.

Warmth overwhelms, then nothingness once more.

Briefly, the darkness returns.

To the wisp's relief, it was a temporary darkness. The wisp did not desire to be left in the void once more. Instead, the somehow familiar sense of falling came upon the formless wisp, which caused brief panic, until the wisp realized they were now suspended in the air. After their brief suspension above the unfamiliar floor, they were able to take in the new environment - along with the many other wisps that surrounded him. These wisps were identical, blank slates, without a form, though some of their movements conveyed emotion. The wisp tried to call out to the others, but could only wave its limbs in a pitiful attempt to communicate. This room inflicted other feelings upon the wisp, of uneasiness. The twisted assortment of flowers were dreadfully beautiful, the gaping pit in the middle of the room acting as a solemn reminder of the void. The wisp hadn't taken its gaze away from the pit before a new presence came forth. This one differed from the one from before. It was unwelcome, it instilled fear.

The being, the creature, whatever it was, emerged from the depths of the darkness, its grotesque and unpleasant appearance making it painful to look at. The wisp wanted to kill it, the wisp wanted it to leave, to drown and be thrown back into the pits of darkness where it belonged. The wisp stood, frozen, the overwhelming presence - both physically and mentally - loomed over every wisp there. As if going in order, it lurched its massive body to each wisp, some of which the beast devoured.

When the beast finally reached the wisp, the wisp simply stared, The question the beast seemingly asked rang through the wisp's head.

The wisp wasn't fond of the idea of dying, returning to where it once was. It wisp realized it would do anything not to go back. "I offer resolve, I offer ambition. My worth will be proven through whatever may happen in the future. At this moment, my resolve is my life. I won't let you kill me." The wisp spoke truthfully. If the beast threatened to eat the wisp, the wisp would not sit idly. It would thrash, it would yell sweet a sweet nothingness in retaliation. Even if the wisp stood no chance.

The taste of their smell made him salivate. So many emotions and memories wisped in hues only known to him around them. Lost souls that wanted to find their way, wanted to save the world. They were so foolish, and now they were going to be devoured. The way the dread affected them was oh so pleasant. Like prey knowing they are caught they give up. They stand in front of his jaws and accept their fate.

Not every wisp could move forward. Some quivered before him, the dread eating away at them, their hues fading and mixing in with his own. He gave them a chance to give a pathetic response but it mattered not what they said. He devoured them in one hard snap of his jaw, warmth flooding in his chest from their soul before quickly fading away. The empty feeling inside him returned and he moved on to the next whisps.

Even with the group, there were the ones who stood out. Who's hues did not crush under his own. Who's hues smelled much more delicious than the others. Memories and emotions still intact and ready to be devoured. Though he knew his job and what he had to do. Their sins pricked his nostrils and sent desires through his body. To eat and destroy. To defile and prevent. Their responses to his question are what piqued his interest. What would these so-called 'chosen ones', as he had dubbed them some time ago, have to say to him? Would they beg for their lives like some? Or would they threaten him with death?

One claimed to be a bird. This brought a small chuckle from his lips, whilst to some, this sounded evil it was actually solely innocent. They reminded him of a free-spirited and free child. There was no doubt that this thing could be devoured in a world like this. Though it would be interesting to see them test their wings, "A bird you say though it seems you have lost your wings on your long flight."

Another spoke of their perseverance and determination. Even in the jaws of their preditor, it was ready to try and thrash around and live despite the odds. It was almost cute. Struggling as the jaws of death are tight around you. A response to him that was quite familiar, but the way his hues twirled around him made the beast look at him strangely, almost as if it backed up his statement, "You are determined to persevere, what will you do when all hope is lost? Will, you chose to save yourself over another and persevere through the situation or will you give up and let yourself die?"

The next had hues that made the beat almost smile. Hues of sins were always a joy to look at. The timid and almost selfless response of the wisp, however, surprised the beast quite a bit. He did not expect it in the slightest. It was clear this one wanted to help people and felt as if they could help in a group. It would be a good one to have, however it was apparent of the weak points in this wisp that made the beast uneasy, "Ready to die for something? How did that work out for you last time?"

This one gave an air of pure exhaustion. How someone could have both the hues of action and inaction so strong was a mystery to the beast. How could someone be so desperate to live yet so passive about dying at the same time? The thing didn't even bother to get up when death was towering over it. Answering him in a way that made him frown, glaring down at her he growled lowly before speaking to her, "You are ready to lay here and accept death again? Can one truly rest when they are dead?"

A promise for action. A promise to protect and to fight. A hero of the people? A golden heart that almost had a tone of begging when it spoke of 'if the beast cared for this world'. The question was if the beast should be offended it thought he cared for the world on insulted it wasn't sure about that fact. A plan to carve its own future out of the stone of this dying world. Interesting, "And what do you do when your path diverges?"

The one who found a beast like himself beautiful. A strange yet intriguing idea to him. Its hues showed him many things that made him smile sickly at the wisp before him. What a strange creature, would it really be the best to keep them here? It spoke of all the chances in life, a simple answer yet that did not make it wrong at all. "Life. Something everyone has and yet you offer it to me as if yours is different from theirs."

An offer of change. The true king in life. Something that you can't stop, coming to you in an unwanted and desired way. A powerful weapon the wisp had offered him. One that can destroy kingdoms and grow a forest. Yet there would always be the unwanted change that will come with every single one. Nothing can be made without some consequence or cost, "You offer change and now the question is whether or not you will create good change or bad."

This one had a spark of fire in his desperation to live. It would everything in its power to not let this place be its death bed. It was amusing to know the best the creature could do would be flail and yet it was so willing to do just this if it meant he could get a chance to survive. Chuckling lightly at this creature the beast spoke, "You desire to live so much you would fight for it, yet will this desire to keep oneself alive come in the way of saving the world?"

For you all the beast bent down and got closer to you, its breath that reeked of death hot on you as its eyes sat mere inches from you. As you stared into its eyes you felt the corrosion in your memory chip away in a small section revealing a simple word before you, "Your name, something that is so precious to you. Take it and erase the corruption that prevents you from seeing yourself and accept the burden it will bring. Or, give up your name and create a new life separate from the person you were before. Let it be known these memories will be devoured by me if you chose this, you can never be your old self again. What will you chose my friend?"

A choice so simple and yet it clear that this was an important one for your future. One that once chosen can't be undone and could change the story depending on the one you choose. Would you choose to be your old self, the soul that died to create your current wisp form? Or would you give it up to become your own self? Carve your own future and person with your own hands, leaving behind the person you were before.
Juju Juju Missy Missy kasigi kasigi Lekiel Lekiel Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Solirus Solirus The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Last edited:

The wisp tilted its head at the curdling laugh, watching curiously at the sound that erupted from the twisted jaws. It was unsure if it intended to say something comedic, but this was the result. What confused the poor essence being more was what was said in response. Did it lose their wings? They could've sworn they had been flying not just a few moments ago. You don't need wings to fly. Birds come in all shapes and sizes, no? Well, not that it could really confirm that. It just felt right in the moment...

"I meant it though, mister..." the little thing whispered.

But the great judge had moved on, asking one final question for the wisp. This time a somberness swirled in its dark eyes at the words being spoken. It presented a choice. To have a name. But this itself brought the wisp looking up in amazement. That word felt so powerful, somehow. This thing, it felt very important indeed. The wisp wondered for a moment what it would be like to be 'itself' again. But what truly was a memory? Did it prove that I existed? But doesn't it being here now also prove such a thing? The wisp bounced back and forth on its feet, thinking of why it felt important. As if it was forgetting something very, very important. The flattened flowerbed of pale petals it stood over appeared to gleam in response to its conflict. But the wisp ignored this punching, rattling feeling and made a decision based on what it has learned now.

This world was in danger. And it was chosen to save it. This second life was meant to be for that purpose. If it was a bird in the past life, why can't it also be a bird in this new life? A name is irrelevant, no? There was little time for pondering after nothings.

"My old life... Well, I don't remember much about it. But if what you say is true, mister. That I've lost my wings. Or maybe you mean I've never had wings? Although I find that strange too. Ah, but um... Then I want a chance to gain them once more. In this new life. Will you let me fly again?" the wisp then took their arm and raised it high.

"I will make good on my promise to you, mister. And to that one before, as well!" referring to the pale goddess. "And so, I choose to live anew."

And with that, it lowered its arm and stood there. Waiting for the final judgement.

Last edited:
The Wisp kept shaking this time it began to smell the awful stench coming from the beast. Smell… I can smell…? Smell smell smell smellsmellsm-breath? Breath? I can breathe? It wasn’t sure if it could breathe or it was the illusion of it, but even then his own being began doing it, ignoring the stench and slowly relaxing almost becoming calm. Not before long the beast spoke again and asked an interesting question.

“If all hope is lost?” The wisp paused for a second to think of it’s response and without it knowing, memories slowly trickled in… “Give up is a word I’ve never used, if I'm determined to do something then I won't back down , if I’m going to fail, then I will fail trying, because from every failure and defeat one comes back stronger. If I die while trying then I would be glad I died trying, however I have the feeling I wouldn’t be here for no reason, perhaps there is something special, and besides one can run away and fail, but what makes it giving up or not, is if they come back to face that challenge again... and when it comes to allies or friends, I make sure I's the last one to retreat if you were worried.” It responded fluidly this time thanks to the supposed breath calming it down.

However soon after the beast asked another question, however the wisp didn’t hesitate. “I will keep my name, if I would just give up my name and become someone else then I would be contradicting my statement, ideals, and very being. I'm not going to let go of what I am and what I could be, even with whatever burden you give me, I will remain determined.” With that the wisp simply remained still waiting for the beasts next action and whatever burden should be granted upon himself.

seasonedcat seasonedcat

Trickles of unease twisted up like weeds, making the wisp retreat into itself. Like a candle in the wind, what little confidence it had mustered up was now waning before the terrifying creature of dark. Only now did it realize it wasn't the beast that made it quiver so; it was its words.

Was that true? It had no idea how it had died, but the words became knives. There was something familiar about them. Somehow, it felt the same shame as it did when it saw the goddess for the first time. She needed help, the world needed help, but could the little wisp do it? There was no way it would know, but it didn't matter. There were so many things worth protecting. It had to do this. No matter what happened to itself, it had to keep hope... even when it felt so scared.

The wisp kept its gaze on the flowers below it, so close to touch but not close enough to hold. If only it could lose itself in that gentle light. They were so small and fragile, stems that could snap from one step, yet to the wisp they looked so strong. Vile fumes escaped the beast's jaws, overpowering the flowers with the stench of death and forcing the wisp to look back up at that terrible missing eye.

The beast offered something. A name. It formed on its own accord, prowling in from the misted corners of the wisp's mind. For such a small thing, a name was beautiful and intoxicatingly powerful. Something that was just for the wisp and no other thing in the world. The beast was right, it was precious beyond all things.

It is mine, thought the wisp.

In it was the key to a gateway, an answer to a question yet the wisp felt its heart reel at the prospect. Unease and relief filled in the rest. This thing... a name, it was potent and stable, but the wisp strangely dreaded the thought of holding it. It wondered why it should be given to the wisp and not the beast? The beast should have it instead. It could make better use of it.

"By any other name I am still me." Said the wisp gently, "Please, take it... I do not need it. May it serve you well."

The wisp didn't know where their words came from, was that truly their purpose? The wisp didn't fully know, but it felt right and they were not going to back down after their words were spoken. With their words spoken they now carried their truth and they will stand by it.

"And what do you do when your path diverges?"

The wisp looked at the beast for a moment, surprised that the beast didn't instantly eat them. The wisp's formless tendrils formed and twisted around the wisp as it shifted its weight. Giving a interested chuckle as it realized it's words actually worked the wisp formless face broke into a smile. Taking to the wind the wisp's form was loose and confident. "What else? I will choose my path as I choose my fate. If neither are right I will make my own path." The wisp stood straight and stared down the large beast without fear. "It is my will."

Its form sharpening at the stench of the beast as it leaned closer the wisp didn't move. Staring down the repulsive monster, the wisp's instincts were in high gear readying them for any unwanted movement. The wisp mind began to fog and dissipate as it could feel something precious fade away. Shaking its form the wisp almost snarled as it forced itself not to break their gaze with the beast. "Is that so creature. Are you so bored in your realm that you need my past to give you some interest to your life?" Trembling against the continued gaze. The beast didn't worry the wisp, but the loss did. The feeling of importance clung tightly on the wisp, mixed with immeasurable pain. "You don't deserve my past."

The pain of their memories fading from their mind became too much, the wisp pulled their gaze away and contemplated the offer. What are my memories but remnants of a life I've already lost. Thinking back to the past there was nothing but haze only the feeling of importance. Pushing through the feelings to the most logical path the wisp spoke, "If I am able to understand my worth without my past. I can carry it to this world with or without my past. The worth of a soul will always persevere." The wisp looked back at the hulking figure and focused on its teeth to stay steadfast in its decision. "Devour my past creature. Enjoy my scraps, I will rise higher in this new life. Let my fate be renewed for a new choice." Raising a hand the wisp pointed to the beast, it's tone slow and cold. "Though know this monster, we are not friends."

Last edited:
If the formless cloud of gossamer had a distinguishable face, it would be smiling wildly. As it were, the wisp quivered at the sight of the sallow smile that twisted the visage of the grotesque before it, a haunting echo of coy giggles resounding in the minds of all who could discern wisp-ish. It stared almost abashedly into the wretched entity's trio of eyes, as if afraid of being caught admiring something that plucked its fancy. It wondered at its twisted form, the dribbling fangs and dark fuzzy fur that sat adorably on its chest.

Whose hands had sculptured such an exquisite form? Whose mind dreamt the construct of stark bone and sinew upon which would incite such effulgent terror in the wisp's amorphous core?

"Life. Something everyone has and yet you offer it to me as if yours is different from theirs."

"Yes, yes, yes!" The wispy form dipped emphatically, nodding in agreement. "You see it. . . don't you?" The wisp was filled with delightful glee. Like a misunderstood schemer who'd finally found a rare co-conspirator.

Seeing the rotten beast that reminded it of how close it stood on the edge of returning to oblivion, it could not help but draw closer. Like one obsessed with finding out the tiniest speck that was the point of no return before all would fall. Pushing boundaries. Stretching seams. An inciting action to provoke a reaction. Control. . .

It didn't know why it said such words, such as it were it merely thought the sounds that resonated from inexplicable basal instincts.

The obscene entity drew closer and like a moth to flame, the wisp could not help as its gaze was drawn into its piercing eyes. Then it felt something snap in its head. It reeled back, shrill voice of pain and surprise as a thought was disinterred from the depths of the void within its being. The wispy form roiled in turbid agony, and then it suddenly stopped. Smoky from freezing with a suddenness as though time had stopped. Then a voice.

"You wanted it!" It hissed accusingly, almost as if it were deaf to all that the beast was just saying. It stared guardedly at the creature, which was weird given how close it had willingly placed itself to the abomination. That was until the beast referred to it amicably.

"Friend?" The wisp repeated, confused for a moment as it ruminated the word and what it meant. Then just as quickly, its tense form relaxed and the wisp smiled up at the beast. But it still remembered. The feeling of deep-reaching roots when the word sparked in its mind. Like a seed that would burst into a crowd of creeping vines at a touch. To throw it all away would be to lose everything. Strange. Why was there an everything when it clearly had nothing?

"I will keep it!" It answered brightly, wispy form bobbing as though the being had just performed a little happy skip.

"Lucille. . . it's pretty. . ." The wisp added, but it's ending words were spoken with venom-glazed syllables,
"but it belongs only to me".

The beast's retort was a valid one. Would the wisp value its own life over the sake of the world's? To let the world die would mean that the wisp would die once more. Some lack the foresight to see that preserving a greater good would be more beneficial for both themselves and those around them, even when compared to selfish desires of self-preservation that appear more appealing at a glance. If the stakes were so high, the wisp had no other choice. "My desire to live means to protect this world."

The beast's approach meant the foul-smelling miasma pouring from the beast's orifices harassed what could be called the wisp's nostrils. The presence of the monster engulfed the senses and pulled one's attention towards it like a black hole. The egregious monster's unwavering gaze felt as if it could see inside the wisp, as if the beast was eyeing up the very spirit of the wisp - or was the wisp itself the spirit? The wisp put up an unwavering facade of fearlessness that manifested itself once the beast had approached, only steadfast as the wisp felt no intent from the beast to kill, right then and there.

A name? The beast spoke of it, but the wisp wasn't sure. The innate sense of knowledge was unlocked and, somehow, the beast's influence was the key. The wisp began to consider what the beast had told him, while said beast continued to stare, seemingly both patient and impatient. The wisp knew that the question was an important one, they would need to make the right choice - even so, they didn't have very much time to decide.

"I will keep it." The wisp had decided, within a moment. This was the correct choice to the formless consciousness.

"Knowing who I am, who I once was.." A solemn pause. "It will only benefit me moving forward. I will not let any part of myself to be thrown to the void."

Even becoming who they once were, the future would still be decided by fate. Maybe once the wisp learned of their past, they would regret it? Maybe they were happy, maybe they lived an enjoyable life. Whatever the outcome, the wisp knew with certainty that they wanted these memories, no matter what.

Once the wisp had decided, they felt as if a weight had been lifted from their chest as the beast eased its grasp around the wisp's soul. It was a strange, obscure feeling. While at this point they haven't actually felt many things from their perspective, as a fresh consciousness, this feeling was especially different from what they've felt so far. That weight had been replaced with the weight of their name. A new weight that satiated the wisp - it would have smiled if it could.

A pause cascaded the growing tension within the wisp's voice, following yet another heavy question from the devilish beast. However, this time was more than simply thought that stole its tongue, but the idea of possibilities of who exactly the wisp was before finding itself in this situation. Only fragments remained hovering mixed within its mind, portraying what perhaps could be a beautiful mural... or a terrible truth.

The wisp's form shuttered slightly, as if it could evaporate into the very air that contained it, the beast continuing its longing stare; the same stare given to numerous wisps before they were devoured after. What choice did the wisp have, and with such an offer to gain some familiarity back, be it good or bad in the end, it was a foundation that it could at least use to build on, even if it was just a name to grasp onto to avoid disappearing into nothing.

"I will keep my name, and all else that can be returned!" the wisp finally blurted out, its gaze daring to cast directly into the monster's own eyes. The wisp held its breath before continuing, "If I am to promise change, and we were perhaps part of a world that could be similar to this dying own.... then only history can grant us the ability to change the future. Too long has history been repeated and forgotten... like the continued cycle you so offer if I were to take it." It scampered its words, as if trying to also convince itself of this matter. Silence would only fall as it awaited its fate.

The wisp felt it's gaze sharpen at the comment from the beast. It didn't know why, but the comment the beast made had agitated the wisp. It knew nothing of what he spoke of yet something inside it did, and it did not like that comment. Of course, that didn't stop from the wisp continuing to lay there and stare up at the beast. It may be agitated but it was not enough to cause the wisp to wish to raise up and stop resting. That pull was far greater than that of the agitation.

As the beast towered over its wispy form, even the dread that wormed its way inside the wisp and made it fear the fluffy creature could cause it to move from this spot. In its mind, a word appeared before them. One that held many things that felt as if they were on the tip of its metaphorical tongue. It held things unknown to the wisp and the promise of many old things. All it had to do was reach out and grasp it. Hold it tight to itself and never let it go ever again. It merely continued to stare with a dead gaze at the creature before it decided to answer it,

"This gift to save the world and another chance at 'life' was never mine, to begin with. It was the property of that person, or in the right terms, myself. My true self. The old one, the one who owned that name. I have no right to make this choice or to live this life. I will take it. I will live as who I was because that is who I should always be." Kyo. A simple word that meant nothing to it moments before. But now that it is seeing it before its eyes it means a completely different thing to it. It now holds meaning not yet understand by the wisp but at the same time, a sort of understanding that is strange to it.

It wonders what would come from this decision. Would it become who it was, form in all? Would memories return, would they all be there or just a vague idea? Or would it come to it in slow pieces, given as time passed? Who knows? Maybe the beast, but it was too much work asking something like that. What would happen to the others who made the same choice as it, and what would happen to those who made the opposite? Would anyone else live? Would it even live past this moment? Maybe it made the wrong decision and it would now be faced with death. Or maybe the decision didn't matter and it was always going to die. Only time could tell it, but honestly, it didn't really bother wasting any more brainpower on it. It was way to busy resting and enjoying how comfortable the ground was.

The choice to give up your memories. To give up your old self. Was this because you felt your old self didn't deserve this second chance? Was it because of the fear of realizing who you were? Or was the temptation of not having to worry about your old sins just too strong to resist? It is hard to tell, of those who chose this path it is clear they did not all do it for the exact same reason. They are all the same wispy forms yet they couldn't be more different from each other. All different people who chose the same path.

The name. The word before you cracked and corroded. You could see the letters, the whole word, but you could not read what it said. The memory of once being able to read it stood strong, but what you read was gone. You could no longer grasp what you once had and it faded away, never to be seen by your eyes ever again. The sickening smile from the beast as you watched it devour the word, something so small yet once held importance. You could almost feel a piece of yourself rip off and disappear with it.

This feeling didn't last long and was replaced with something else. A new word in your mind. No corrosion or hidden feelings on this one. It was fresh, it felt clean and brand new. No emotions lay hidden in the cracks, no grooves or fading from being used. It was empty. Not used and not important. This was you. Your name before you. You could tell it was yours, it held little pull to you though.

As it went to your chest, inside your soul and became you. You notice part of yourself changed as well. You looked more human. No, not more human, more lifelike. A face, nose, chest rising and falling, hands to hold and hurt. Could you change yourself more? You had the pen now, ready to write your own story. Does this mean you could change who you were? Finish your last features? Close your eyes and just know what would be there. Maybe you couldn't choose the exact appearance, but what if you felt until you found something perfect. What fits you. No, what fits the new you.

The choice to keep your memories. The lust of not only knowledge but the pull of familiarity. This name meant something to you. Hell, it was you. Would giving it up not be the same as killing yourself? Or since giving it up makes you a 'new person', murder? It didn't matter what they chose, all that matters is that you are still you. You aren't a new being trapped inside the soul of another, pretending to live your own life.

You can feel memories enter you as you take this, though it is clear you are still missing some. Corrosion and corruption make parts blurry or even entirely empty in your mind. You experience these memories in seconds, though one lasts longer. A scene, different for everyone. It was a sad yet poetic scene. The memory most clear and bright. Your death. You feel you. Your name is who you are and you are your name.

Even so, you feel dirty. Corrupt and rotting. A corpse forced to walk around on the world once again. You have your memories but at the same time, your soul gnaws at your skin. Your soul is used. As if you wear a piece of clothing that has been worn for a long time by another. Covered in mud and dead skin, grimy and stiff. Crinkled and worn. You put it on anyway. You are forced to wear this clothing, this skin for the rest of your days.

The beast's eyes show a small sense of pity. A sense of knowing and understanding. It lasts for a moment before it is gone and refilled with the dread-inducing, hungry stare. You have branded yourself with your old name. You now notice that that fact is clear when you see your form. No longer wispy and unmade it shows the person in your visions. You. Your memories moulded your body back into the form that fits. Though you are in better shape than when you had died, it is still you. You can't tell if it feels weird or right to have this skin. But that part of you that wonders that is slowly being devoured by the part who doesn't understand that feeling. You are you after all. You have always been. Right?

The beast moves on from you, going to the next wisp. You see others like yourself form. Some with more shaky forms that turn themself into a more personalized version of so. Though wisps still show. Have they not yet completed themself? Would another decision lay ahead of them? Or were they destined to lay incomplete after they lost something? Even so, you can see who they are. Some times when they move a small wispy gas follows their movement, showing they have not yet lost themself as a wisp. Though you can at least tell they can see, breathe, taste, hear, and touch the world around them.

You chose one of those options and from those who are complete or unfinished, one of the sides you can tell you are on. You no longer look alike. You wonder how many chose to keep or leave their name. Even with the small distinctions, it is hard to tell from just your eyes. Maybe the overwhelmed look of watching yourself die is a good way to tell from those who chose to keep it. Whatever you chose, or whatever you see, time continues to tick.

The beast finishes the last of the wisps, the room is now far different looking from before. The dread still eats away at your courage, but the name you received has clearly given you the courage to move now. The beast lurks his way over to the middle, circling around the hole he crawled out of and watching over you all like pray. His smile as sickening as before he speaks, "So many have lived, such a disappointment. Will you prove to be worthy of those names of yours? Will, you even make it past the next room?" he chuckles sadistically before moving towards the crack in the wall that you had noticed when you first fell. His movements are like a slither yet you know he is walking. An unsettling yet beautifully fluid movement.

The next room is a shining white, much brighter than the last room. The walls and the ceiling covered in crystals protruding from the wall. Different sizes and shapes all growing out of rough, hard gray stone. The ground is a simple pattern of designed stone with the same white flower occasionally growing from it, hugging the wall in an attempt to get close to the crystal. Though the ones that have are withered up, dead from their desires to reach the light. At the end of the large room is another crack, clearly seen as the next room. The beast sits himself down in the center of the room as he waits for you to follow. His gaze is hard as he watches as you all move into the new room. There are only two things about this room that makes you want to leave it.

The crystals call you as if luring you with a song. You want to reach out and touch them, though the flowers that died from this cause a part of your brain to hold back your desires. You stop yourself from touching them, though the nagging feeling to do so does not stop. You know the smug look on the beast comes from him knowing exactly what you are feeling. He is almost daring you to touch the crystals. Even so, you know not to. No matter how much you want to. Your name flashing in your head makes sure you don't forget that.
Juju Juju Missy Missy Solirus Solirus kasigi kasigi Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf Lekiel Lekiel The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

The judge simply smiled, tearing away something from the wisp by the mere gesture alone.

What was it? It felt so familiar... Like a word that once belong to me. And only me...

This was what the wisp thought as the old name disappeared in her mind, fluttering away like a butterfly on a cold morning. She blinked in shock. And then realized that when the world vanished from view for a second, that she actually blinked. And from watching this precious thing fly away, a pale outstretched hand poked out towards the shadow. A subtle femininity began to outline the changing wisp, along with two pointed outcrops suddenly popping out atop her little head. Though she changed to a truer form, there lingered an intangibility of the previous state as a fleeting white afterimage.

Her newly manifested eyes flickered as she began to adjust to the new reality, seeing the world with a changed sense of clarity. Everything appeared so bright. But despite so, she looked not at what was before her. Rather, her vision was directed deep inwards. As if searching for something. Tears suddenly filled her eyes, though strangely vanishing in trails of essence as they trailed down her cheeks. She felt a loss deeper than she could possibly imagine. It hung hollow in her chest, like a ragged flag left and abandoned and forgotten. Each breathe she took, it felt like that flag was dragged farther and farther away. Into the nothingness.

But as if to ease the pain, something else soon dripped back in the empty place. Like fresh blood into a dying heart. It came in a flash.

Yvestaria

This was not the same word as before. She knew this for sure. But there was a sense of wholeness with this new word to replace the thing she had lost. She felt like she needed to. As it was the only thing she felt she had left. The little feminine wisp held onto it passionately, blinking to find that she had done so in physical world as well. Her hand was clutched against her small chest in a way a baby would cling to their own mother's.

Yvestaria looked up now, seeing others who were like her. Who gained form after their unspoken trail with the judge. Had they succeeded? Did they prove themselves worthy of their grand quest to save this dying world? Even with this hopeful thought, she felt that it was far from over. This was only the beginning.

Finally, when the four-eyed judge had finished with the last of them, it beckoned the survivors to follow it back down to its den. A large crack in the stone flooring. By what it said, her suspicions were confirmed. This was truly only the beginning of their difficult journey. More tests awaited to prove if they deserved their second life. Her lips instinctively made a frown, which surprised her. She still wasn't used to controlling this physical form. Speaking of which, she turned her head back.

Her eyes searched her back for extra limbs. Feathers. Anything.

No wings... Nothing... Was I really never a bird...? Was I wrong...?

But Yvestaria quickly shook her head, as if trying to refute this notion. No, that can't be. The wings existed. They must have. It felt so natural to float earlier. It can't have been coincidence.

Still, this cruel observation caused her to deflate some. The little wisp stood there for a moment, considering something before forcing her feet to move before her. With just a step, she knew she had more control of this newer, more solid body than before. And with a bounce, the little girl knew she had to try. Rolling off the heels of her feet with a strong kick, Yvestaria jumped into the air and threw out her arms. And for a moment, she felt like she was flying. Though only for a moment. As quickly as her spirits rose, they plummeted just as fast. Alongside with her body to the relentless force of gravity. She just barely managed to catch herself from landing face first into a pile of pale flowers, bouncing on one extended leg awkwardly. Even in this weird position that bent her body into the shape of a drooping flower, she somehow found her lips perked in a smile. Pushing forward once more, she jumped into the air into a few wide skips forward. Each one more bold and daring than the last, with the final one landing in a sweeping spin of her arms and legs.

Eventually, by the end of her strange dance, Yvestaria found herself right before the crack the black beast had vanished into.
She was breathless and her chest heaved for air, but her smile never once faded. Even if it wasn't for long, it felt wonderful to 'fly'. If just for a split second.

"I did it...! Maybe I can still fly, after all...!" she said, practically shouting as she yet could control her body fully.
However, a shred of doubt began to prop itself in her mind. There was a problem with her definition. "Hmm... But can I...?"

Yvestaria knew she was not alone. She quickly turned to the nearest wisp and spoke aloud, hoping they would settle the conflict she had with her own mind. It didn't matter who. But the next one who could be available to answer her.

"Did you see that? Surely you did. Was it convincing? I tried flying again. Do you think I was a bird in the last life...?"

She stood there before the entrance, awaiting a response before she was willing to make the descent down the crack to join the beast-judge. From the look of determination on her face, it was easy to tell that this question, despite being rather inane in concept, was deeply important to her.

Last edited:
The wisp sort of waited as it saw the Beast slip through the crack… it waited… it had decided to keep it’s name but it didn’t seem to come… no matter then, he would wait then… He? But who is he? The wisp looked around itself as it’s original body came to life. The bones appeared to be placed in the right locations. Then the muscle came, straining the wisps entire being as it expanded, contracted and felt… pain. The skin slipped through the cracks of the muscle and placed itself on top of it before any more pain could be caused by the muscles and once the wisp had fully regained its body, it’s memories came pouring in.

As the memories flooded the wisps mind, he slowly regained all of his regrets, his goals, his ideals… his name… it was a weird name… but oddly enough he found it fitting…
Cerk… A part of him was glad that he hadn’t given up on his name, if he did then he felt he wouldn’t have had purpose... who knows.

Cerk finally having regained his body felt a massive pain through it all. What is this pain… it feels unnatural… what do I do!? … oh wait. Cerk moved his foot behind him and grabbed it pulling it upwards. With his new body he needed to stretch it if it was going to move again. Though as Cerk stretched he noticed another wisp who regained their body do a weird dance… if it could even be called one and immediately after that they asked him a question relating to them being a bird in their previous life.

“I think with your moves you could have-” Cerk stopped and coughed as he felt a massive pain come from his throat, it clearly wasn’t a pain he could just do stretches for… then what was it? Soon Cerk remembered his damaged vocal cords from when he was alive. And that’s the thing one thing that isn’t fixed… Dammit… “Sorry… for… not finishing… my… sentence… I think… there might have… been a chance… especially with… that kind… of … attitude.” Cerk finally responded, taking his time so it wouldn’t hurt too much when he spoke.

He looked forward and felt that it was not over yet, more was to be done before they could gain their life back. “I’ll… head there… now… the others… wisps seem… to want… to… go… there” And by saying that, Cerk made walked towards the next room while still stretching out his body.

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Astounding cities, vast and rich. Visions of progress and pride cresting the rooftops. Order it claimed, its people bright and of Light. Great Beasts of steel, with hearts of blazing fire, scions of many makers, dauntless they march. Hides unyielding, with claws they crush, no foe would pass from Dark to Light.

But o' for love she perceived. The Light a'blinding, its heat was scorching. No.... no tis' was no gift for it was a lie!

The broken were unwelcome and so with a broken heart she beheld, the truth hidden in the Dark. The different were marked as blight and so with the Tainted hand she wrought Dark's might. Legions of Light they marched, shields gleaming bright. Their rifles polished, their bullets silvery. But with a sweep of fel hand, lo' the legions of Light and Lies could not withstand. Their pennants she cast down. The Great Beasts of steel with hearts of blazing fire, torn asunder by tendrils of shadow and umbral thunder.

But o' for love she perceived. Though the lands awash in blood and wails of anguish howled to the silent heavens. T'was the same as a physician's prescription, to sift out the blood of corrupting venom. Blood had to be shed, to seep into the cracks of earth and make the world anew. If all for her Love her one kindred soul. The one whom she gave her broken heart to, to trade for one that beat as a ticking clock of wood, and metal and magic ancient old.

"But o' for her Love she gave, her new heart to hold and keep. . . To listen and hear, for the hope that he would believe. But he for love thus he said, before he crushed and smashed and broke her heart again." The echoes of her faltering voice faded into the relative silence of the chamber upon which she now stood. No longer alone and no longer voiceless. She looked down at her hands even as the harrows of a sundered and fallen world flashed before her eyes. The lisp of words from her ruby lips regaling a captive audience of a time long gone. When had that been and why did her heart ache so? Then on an inexplicable whim her hands went to her eyes and found that she had one, when she was quite sure there should be two.

And why could she totter and stand and why did she have hands? Whizzed through a confused mind that both expected truths about who she was and yet found the very same truths surprising when they shouldn't be. But that she was a she and not a mist of wispy dust could not be anything but the truest of truths.

The beautiful beast of fur and fang had lumbered on, a slug of darkness slithering into the crystal filled beyond. She made to follow but found a curious distraction pirouetting in a little twirl and dance. Passing by it was a curious being that spoke in faltering speech and the two were discussing if the dancer had been a bird from before.

Eyes alight with mirth and mischief she moved up to address the dancer when Cerk of the Faltering Speech had moved on.

"I think tis' not a question of could or did, but a matter of definition!" Lucille began. Should Yvestaria turn, she'd hail a lithe woman with eyes of palest green that sparkled with an impishness no amount of her moonlight coloured bangs could hide.
Lucille pursed her lips and tapped on her chin deep in thought, "if you ask me, I'd say yes! Yes, you can fly for surely flying means to have your feet not touch the earthy ground."
"But I wouldn't know if it means you were a bird from before." Lucille frowned in genuine consideration. "I think many things could fly that weren't birds, but perhaps we could ask that Great Beautiful Beast! He seems to know many things and always have something to say, we should move on to the next place without delay!"

Lucille gestured on and began walking, but had not taken a couple of steps before she turned to add, "and I am Lucille by the way. Lucille..." A nagging thought probed her to say more as if there was more to her name than there was, but alas her memories of her calling were left at nought.

"Just Lucille and nothing more."

Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
mentions: Solirus Solirus

Last edited:
mentions...
Solirus Solirus Lekiel Lekiel

Yvestaria
seemed pleased with the responses, but her smile wavered into a tinge of worry when presented by Cerk's odd vocal condition.

"I apologize if my making you speak is troublesome..." she muttered, "But I appreciate that you put so much effort for me. However, I would like you speak no more. Please?"

Her last sentence might've sounded a little rude, but she simply wanted the boy to stop hurting himself. She was sure he would understand. He seemed very understanding thus far.
Humming in satisfaction, the young spirit pressed onto her pale white tip toes and motioned to move forward behind Cerk. But another voice spoke out, causing her to stop in place. Her back then arched and she leaned backwards to peer at the person who addressed her. She was bent like she was some sort of human table, one leg acting as the stand and the other balancing her topside out. In what many would consider an unorthodox way of greeting. Not that she really understood such a thing. What she saw was an upside-down face that was halfway full. Her glimmering blue eyes sparked in wonder. Yvestaria was captured by this asymmetry. How pretty her one green eye was behind the curtain of pale white. Similar in pastel quality to her own hair wavy strands of faded blue.

She was humming aloud, softly.

The bent backwards girl was so enamored by this new face, that she barely paid attention to her words. But before she knew it the woman moved ahead. Yvestaria pushed her back upright and spoke, "Lucille... Yes, that is a fitting name for you. Mine is... not my original, but it is mine none-the-less. Yvestaria..."

By her beckon, Yvestaria smiled and bounced behind Lucille. "Yes, let us move. I would like to know more of our fate. Though what even is fate...?"

Her bare feet felt cold against the rock, somehow more than just a few steps back. Quickly, the little spirit was taken aback by the sight of the crystals that sprout from both sides of the stone walls. She has never seen such a thing before in this new life. But from afar she could feel eyes. The Beast was watching them. And just one look, she could tell that it was testing her. It seemed to urge her to touch the precious stones growing from the walls. But her deeper instincts told her otherwise. They screamed of danger. As if a final reminder, Yvestaria noticed the dying plants surrounding them and forced her black clawed fingertips still by her side. She wanted to reach for comfort, looking towards Lucille. But held firm, unsure if this was allowed. She shook in her struggle.

No, I must learn control... This is my last chance...

Last edited:
The wisp watched the creature smile in delight before devouring its stolen prize. It felt itself shiver as drooling fangs made naught of the name, only this time it was not of fear. An unsettling stillness overwhelmed the wisp as the name slunk away, forever lost to its memory. It tried to remember what had given it so much potency, so much allure, but there was nothing. Everything it had was now gone. Its funny little power had been crushed between teeth. The wisp was not sure what to feel about that, but somehow there manifested a lightness. It was like a strange feeling of liberation, yet if the wisp was freed then its new agency was that of the lost lamb. The fences were now gone, but there were wolves in the shadows and now there was nothing to hold them back either.

From the hinterland of nothing, something emerged, bright and fresh.

Niatiel

Like an arrow it shot towards the wisp and sunk deep into its core, branding it with a hollow shine. The wisp shivered, twisted and warped. It shrunk in on itself, shedding wispy droplets like stray dew on grass. No longer was it a similar size and form as its comrades, it was smaller and much more delicate. She was frail and young, little more than a child, but she was Niatiel.

No longer was she a formless sprite, she had arms and legs, eyes that could see and lungs that could breathe. Even if she did not feel complete, there was something right about this, or at least more right than her spectral form had been. Niatiel sat in a thicket of the pale flowers and took in a deep breath of air. Her golden eyes closed and for a moment all she could do was lose herself in the scent of blossoms and the tickle of stems on her new skin.

Curious of her new form, Nia stretched her legs out in front of her, finding them tipped in tiny claws and pads. They reminded her of the Beast’s paws, which was a little startling. Nia quickly looked away, focusing instead on her dress. The fabric must have been white at some point but it was faded now, tattered at the ends and worn thin. It was sleeveless, leaving her bony shoulders bare. Mint hair, almost as faded as her dress, fell into her face as she looked down at herself. Nia brushed it to the side and was surprised when her fingers touched the base of a soft ear. It was furry and angular, quick to pick up on the scuffling of feet.

Nia looked away from herself to find another wisp, feminine like herself. She watched in admiration and awe as Yvestaria bounced up and down, trying to fly. Soon enough there was a smile on Nia’a face and she let out a small giggle. She wondered if she should join in too but the thought made her instinctively tense up, born from a sudden shyness she did not know until now. Maybe she should just watch for now, instead of interrupting the bird?

Out of the other wisp’s sight, Niatiel spread out her own arms and slowly waved them up and down from where she sat, mimicking the other wisp. Of course, it wasn’t as fun as it looked to jump around, so she lowered them again and watched the bird’s dance. Every time Yvestaria leapt up Niatiel silently hoped that she would finally take off. One time the other girl came very close, but instead of flying she almost fell into the flowers.

Niatiel gasped, quickly standing up, only to find that the girl had caught herself. Nia let herself sigh in relief and listened to the others talking. From this she learned that the bird was named Yvestaria and the woman with the short hair was Lucille. The man with the broken words was nameless as of now. From a distance she watched them, standing in her circle of flowers and wondering if she should approach.

It wasn't until the bird broke away from the others that Niatiel found use for her paws feet. She followed after the wisp, balling her hands in front of her as she walked. Maybe she could ask the bird if they could fly together sometime? Niatiel looked down, her ears flattened and a small hope growing in her chest. Could they be friends? Would the bird want to be her friend? What if she said no? Niatiel wrestled with these thoughts until they both entered the crystalline room.

If the flowers had glowed then these crystals exploded with light. They were like a thousand splendid stars, all scattered around the room as if someone had spilled them. Some were high up, twinkling out of reach, while others were close enough for her to touch. Nia hadn't realized that she had stopped following Yvestaria, her feet planted in place while the rest of her was mesmerized by the beautiful light. She didn't even notice the flowers that had shriveled below her. Her eyes drank in the light, their large irises gleaming in reflection of it.

She hung back even as the others might have passed her. But unlike the others, Niatiel did not listen to the small tug at the back of her mind. The pull was stronger. A pale arm reached out towards one of the crystals, fingers stretching for its brilliant surface.

1589514995781.png

It hurt. The pain of everything you once we're hurt to be torn away. Wips of your past, friends, family, knowledge slipping out of your fingers like the wind. The beautiful you the once was gone, leaving the bare basics of a person a less than a child, a shell. Trembling as the loos shook the wisp to their empty core, there was nothing left.

The last question to ask, was this a mistake?

The question trickled away as suddenly a rush of energy engulfed you. The broken pieces of what we're left were soon connected into this whole. A shining new light blossomed and expanded throughout you. The doubt was gone, the anxiety, the pain and the fear, all washed away leaving only the solemn confidence of oneself. Feeling powerful, knowing your power and that you can only go up from here. It was as if lightning struck, no pure light arising, with a brilliance that will only grow in harshness, vibrance and power.

With this brilliance came a name, a name they knew was true. Coral. Their name was Theirs and it defined a new era a new change in themself, one they would foster. This brilliance, shining out of them and seen through their eyes they will hone it like a blade of light and energy. Finding new purpose and themself a sharp image and a path to move towards.

The wisps body began to twist and compress, harden to a new form. Fingers slender but tough, blue eyes shining like stars, frame powerful and athletic, hair long and a sharpness of sound shot into the long fluffy ears. Twitching and focusing on the slightest of sounds the wisp could hear far beyond average human hearing. Their nose picking up the changes in scents only to wrinkle and recoil as the wisp picked up on the rotting scent of the monster. Glaring at the creature the wisp clenched its fist and almost snarled with disgust.

Disdain for the creature still holding true even without a past. Ears twitching as the wisp heard the others whisper and words. Whispering of what she could expect was their names their identity, making the wisp question their own. A name came to the wisp when they were completed anew yet it, made them feel off to hear it from another. Tapping their chin the wisp ears flipped as the beast spoke with the next wisp. The concept of their name mixed with the words of the others and the wips placed it aside as the other wisps began to come together.

Following the beast at a distance as he moved from wisp to wisp, looking the incomplete forms take set. They were all different, the most interesting was the different smells and sounds they produced. Keeping a wide distance as the wisp inspected the others the noticed their change in forms and could feel themselves continue to change. Choosing between the frames her body began to take a more feminine build.

Still carrying herself with caution the wisp watched the beast move passing by the others. Moving with a purpose as a hunter tracking a predator. Bristling as the creature spoke into their mind with a toothy smile. Cocking her head with interest at the beasts words she slowly followed behind the creature.

Stepping into the white room she straightened up in wonder as she notices the crystals surrounding the walls and ceiling. Moving slowly around the walls and ceiling, the wisp cautiously inspecting the room and the beast. Feeling her hand raise up wanting nothing more than to touch the gentle light that was calling her. Promising sweet songs and worth to come with just a simple touch.

Just, one, touch.

"No." The fist spoken word shocked her out of her trance and she pulled her hand away and instead glared at the beast. Her hand twitching as if i needed to move, to hold. She was fighting a desire for something deep in her soul.

Watching the others come to grip with the pull of the crystals and pass through the wisp stayed watching the beast. She didn't trust it and certainly didn't want it to have access to her back. Her ears twitched as she could hear the racing heart and quickened breath of another. Looking over to see her reaching out to the crystal with a look that the wisp wondered if she had herself only moments ago.

Stepping over to her she reached out and grabbed the girls' wrist holding it a bit too tightly. She looked down at the other and gave her a stern look. "Don't." Her voice spoke with a soft sharpness underneath. Sizing the girl up she raised her arm and placed it to Niatiel's chest. "Withstand the pull or you'll let that creature win." She said looking back to the beast. "Make the choice to survive." Letting go of Niatiel's wrist she gave her one more look before taking a wide step around the beast toward the next room through the crack.

Juju Juju

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back