• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π”–π”₯π”žπ”―π”­ 𝔗𝔒𝔒𝔱π”₯ & 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱 {OOC}

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Pomtormo

Anime Mom
Here's an OOC page for the Sharp Teeth & Moonlight RP. Here we can discuss well- whatever needs discussed (:
Character relationships, lore, plot, you name it!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm going to post some of the lore ideas I came up with here.

First one has to do with the appearance of the werewolves. My idea is a werewolf's appearance can be influenced by its nature/alignment. A werewolf who is more or less a normal person will have a more natural appearance and maybe look more like a normal animal, while those who act like bloodthirsty monsters would have a more twisted, unnatural look.

Another idea I had involves the level of control people have over their werewolf forms. The majority don't really have any issues with this, aside from having to deal with new instincts while in the werewolf form. Others though are stuck in a situation similar to many werewolf movies. They blackout whenever they transform and at most only have some vague memories of what their werewolf form was up to. This could happen due to either bad luck, or because the moment they contracted lycanthropy was a stressful/traumatic experience.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm going to post some of the lore ideas I came up with here.

First one has to do with the appearance of the werewolves. My idea is a werewolf's appearance can be influenced by its nature/alignment. A werewolf who is more or less a normal person will have a more natural appearance and maybe look more like a normal animal, while those who act like bloodthirsty monsters would have a more twisted, unnatural look.

Another idea I had involves the level of control people have over their werewolf forms. The majority don't really have any issues with this, aside from having to deal with new instincts while in the werewolf form. Others though are stuck in a situation similar to many werewolf movies. They blackout whenever they transform and at most only have some vague memories of what their werewolf form was up to. This could happen due to either bad luck, or because the moment they contracted lycanthropy was a stressful/traumatic experience.
This is the perfect place thanks for sharing xD

I like the idea of that. The worse they are the more monstrous. I'll put it in the description I'm working on.

It's always good to have a wild card and giving them less control is a good way to have that. I was talking with StormWolf StormWolf yesterday and they were saying they weren't a big fan of the bite so maybe we could combine a couple ideas here. Maybe the bite is more ritualistic? Not just any bite will infect a person, maybe it needs to be a full moon specifically or something like that. And those turned by the bite and not born "naturally" have more problems i.e. the blackout and less control? What do you think? 0:

This is the perfect place thanks for sharing xD

I like the idea of that. The worse they are the more monstrous. I'll put it in the description I'm working on.

It's always good to have a wild card and giving them less control is a good way to have that. I was talking with StormWolf StormWolf yesterday and they were saying they weren't a big fan of the bite so maybe we could combine a couple ideas here. Maybe the bite is more ritualistic? Not just any bite will infect a person, maybe it needs to be a full moon specifically or something like that. And those turned by the bite and not born "naturally" have more problems i.e. the blackout and less control? What do you think? 0:
The way I envisioned it is that people would become regular werewolves if they willingly had someone turn them into one or just got bitten during an attack, while people would turn into an uncontrollable one they got mauled and barely survived, but I also like your idea.

One of the other ideas I had for the monstrous werewolves is that, aside from looking different, they are also stronger, but also have less self-control. They form a connection with the moon, and they become more beastly as the moon goes through its different phases.

Tentatively working on a setting not setting it in stone but I'm struggling on what sort of geolocation. Are they living in the city? Is it the pacific northwest? A small town in the desert of Arizona? Any preferences anyone? xD

I think a small town would be a good setting, especially one located near at least some woodland.

On the unnatural looking werewolf - how unnatural, and what kind of unnatural? I personally can't stand the neon-awoo thing, and would err more towards something downright eldritch if they have truly lost themselves to the beast. Heralding back to the Wendigo myth with a twist, where a werewolf's spirit twists as it becomes a man-eater. This can tie into the struggle for control that all werewolves face, that stone-ancient and primal rage and the crashing of human and animal instinct. Harmony between Wolf and mane is rare, but not unheard of. More dangerous yet is the two spirits entangling, where you can longer tell where one starts and the other ends.

In terms of the Bite, I think the Bitten would be seen as something 'lesser'. Half-breed stigmata and those who are beholden to the call of the full moon far more violently than those born to it. Similarly, tying into the 'werewolves as an endangered/dyins species', those bitten have a lesser chance of passing it along genetically. So one way or another, the werewolves are steadily waning in their numbers, and then you have the complex socio-political minefield of birthright, bloodlines, and 'who you are born to be' vs 'who you choose to be'.

On the unnatural looking werewolf - how unnatural, and what kind of unnatural? I personally can't stand the neon-awoo thing, and would err more towards something downright eldritch if they have truly lost themselves to the beast. Heralding back to the Wendigo myth with a twist, where a werewolf's spirit twists as it becomes a man-eater. This can tie into the struggle for control that all werewolves face, that stone-ancient and primal rage and the crashing of human and animal instinct. Harmony between Wolf and mane is rare, but not unheard of. More dangerous yet is the two spirits entangling, where you can longer tell where one starts and the other ends.

In terms of the Bite, I think the Bitten would be seen as something 'lesser'. Half-breed stigmata and those who are beholden to the call of the full moon far more violently than those born to it. Similarly, tying into the 'werewolves as an endangered/dyins species', those bitten have a lesser chance of passing it along genetically. So one way or another, the werewolves are steadily waning in their numbers, and then you have the complex socio-political minefield of birthright, bloodlines, and 'who you are born to be' vs 'who you choose to be'.
I'm cooler with all of this. I agree that if they're 'lost' they should be eldritch, especially horrifying and much more monster than wolf.

Also down with the bitten being bottom of the heirarchy. That'll create some interesting dynamics like you said.

What are your thoughts on food source/how&where they live. Just trying to flesh some of this out! (:

@ Everyone Didn't get much written today I'm in the middle of moving and my husband got back from a long trip but I'll work on everything tomorrow! Feel free to continue shooting me ideas.

My idea for it was that they would look kind of off. They would look like an weird fusion of a wolf and a human, with some features being thin limbs and maybe some deformities.

That, or they would have this nightmarish quality, with them seeming like something out of a dream. For this idea, they would look very similar to Stephen Gammell's art.

Last edited:
I mean, the prime version of a werewolf to me is as they are seen in Universal’s Van Helsing, or in Werewolf: The Apocalypse; giant man-wolf murder machines.

Maybe if they β€œgo Wendigo”, perhaps they grow sickly-looking and start to develop increasingly grotesque mutations over time? Additional teeth, horns, bone-like protrusions, corrosive bodily fluids, etc etc.

I like the idea of werewolves being able to develop certain kinds of mutations. It allows for more variety, and also allows for more body horror.

I once watched a short film that a werewolf that fit this concept.

1642990990137.png

Which I think could tie into a sort of deviant β€˜evolution’ through the manifestation of spiritual turmoil, but that’s just me.

Sorry still here I promise! Busy busy. But working tonight adding to Lore page ect. (: I was wondering what type of characters you guys were planning for your pack wolves. If you have a little blurb it would help me write our start for the plot.

Sorry still here I promise! Busy busy. But working tonight adding to Lore page ect. (: I was wondering what type of characters you guys were planning for your pack wolves. If you have a little blurb it would help me write our start for the plot.
I haven't gotten around to thinking about any character ideas. Right now it's just lore stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back