• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Shards of Destiny Jump In OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Q & A
Q: What is this about?

A: This is about one of my planets, Xaythea, of a fantasy/adventure 28 book series that is a WIP. You become a member of a race, there are lots to choose from, and I (scorpiodragon) guide things such as setting and NPCs around the rp as well as actively participating myself.

Q: How is the role play done?

A: This is a semi sandbox, Gm Guided, questing RP. I will give you choices to choose from and quests with options. Your character or characters do not need to go on the quest at hand.

Q: Can I use your lore?

A: No, no, no. Absolutely not. Nobody may use my lore. It’s on my blog for a reason as I spent time coming up with everything for my series. You may not use my planets either or my races unless they are races already known like dwarves, elves, half-elves, kitsune, vampires, werewolves, werebears, humans or were cats for your role plays.

Q: How many characters can I have?

A: As many as you want but keep an even gender ratio between males and females.

Q: What is the setting?

A: The setting for the rp is about 3,000 years before the twins’ are born. Falaindale has not fallen into ruin. Historically wise, it is early medieval setting. They have the ambition up until Ancient Rome.

Q: Is there a posting requirement?

A: There is a posting requirement of once a week, 100 words minimum per character though you may include all characters in a post if you wish. No one-liners, text or chat speech is allowed. There is to be none of this action before words (ex. *Sees Bill and waves* “Hi Bill!” *Walks over.*). If you are having issues with what to write follow these guidelines:

T - thoughts. What is your character thinking about?
E - emotions. How do they feel?
S - senses. What do they hear/see/smell/taste/touch?
S - surroundings. What is going on around them?
A - actions. What do they do or say?

Q: What if I want to quit?

A: Please let me know! I will have your characters just go MIA or head off somewhere else, in which case there will be godmodding on my part for that. Try not to quit in the middle of a conversation.

Q: How do I let someone know I am wanting to interact with them?

A: Tag them at the end of your post or, if you are mentioning them, you can put “mention” and then their username.

Q: Can I do a side plot in this rp with a group of friends?

A: Yes you may. I have no issues with this. Please let me know ahead of time what your plans are. I will only interact as far as guiding things around your group or NPCs. Obviously I will put my foot down on questing to kill a god or goddess of any pantheon.

Q: What are the bear species of pureblood werebears?

A: There are eight pureblood Werebear families.
  • Forsberg (short-faced)
  • Valstad (spectacled)
  • Boreal (brown)
  • Stein (black bears; Asian & American)
  • Jeger (Sloth)
  • Arud (sun)
  • Vinter (polar)
  • Storsrand (panda)
Q: What are the pureblood families of the werecats and their species?

A: There are five pureblood families. Half-bloods turn into medium and smaller wild cats.
  • Bast (Lions)-leaders of the werecats
  • Viaza (Jaguars)
  • Obsanjo (Snow Leopards)
  • Chapulin (Leopards)
  • Bakshi (Tigers)
Only the five pureblood families can turn into big cats. A child born of a pureblood and a half-blood or say a pureblood and human would turn into a medium or small wild cat.

Last edited:
Here are the quests so far in the role play.

Quest 1: Elves attacking orc settlement
Details: We've been under constant harassment, our food has been stolen along with our gold and we're powerless to do anything to stop them. Hero, we need you to get rid of those vicious elves. I'm in no state to fight, but I know you'll manage without me. Please come to Oghaz Nan and head to Dual Spire Inn next to the River Rock Orchard. It should be easily recognizable, you only need to look for the dual spires stretching skyward within the other side of our town.

You are fully capable to handle those elves. You don't have to kill them all, just make sure they'll never return.

Here are choices for the Rp. Rewards can vary from money to supplies, weapons, etc. Rewards may differ on choice.

Choice 1: Manticore Attack
Location: Outskirts of Oghaz Nan, Clolight near The Psychotic Bone.
Choices:
  • Fight the Manticore
  • Duck into the tavern
  • Take your chances and run for your life?
Results: Felicia was injured on her arm and ran to the tavern. Four others chose to fight and a centaur slayed the Manticore yet the centaur was hit by the stinger and paralyzed.
Reward: 10 Pagdo each for killing the Manticore, 2 Vicla for the one who fled.

Last edited:
I won’t be able to post on weekends (Friday to Sunday afternoon), not sure yet if it will be every other weekend like normal or every weekend starting today. I am going to the fair within my county today and then gotta help grandmom with my dog, her dog and little cousins plus two cats belonging to my older cousin who is going to be out of town for a month. This will occur at least from today, September 12th (Friday for me) to October 6th by my calculations of a month.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Kipsy Kipsy

Kipsy, not lipstick, stupid autocorrect phone; also has to work weekends I believe so won’t be able to post.

Last edited:
Grandmother got into an accident today after dropping me off at home. She cannot judge distance well at her age and has temporary custody of my little cousins (6 & 3). Wrecked her car; the front of the car, the rims, blew out the air in one of her tires I guess, some other things. It will cost $400 to fix and will take a few days to fix as they need to order some parts for the car. Eventually she will have to give up her license. She cannot see and she cannot judge distance well. It doesn't help how she has to raise the kids on her own with their mom being in drug rehab and my aunt and cousin (aunt's son/cousin's brother/little ones' uncle) refusing to help my grandmother at all with the children at all and preferring to do their own thing.

On good news, I like your Runimagi character MiraAutumn MiraAutumn . Look forward to seeing her.

To check your word count, I found Word Counter online where you can write there and then C&P (copy and paste) to RPN when done.
I actually used this really recently to check the word count of my essay. One word under the limit! (1,499 words)
Grandmother got into an accident today after dropping me off at home. She cannot judge distance well at her age and has temporary custody of my little cousins (6 & 3). Wrecked her car; the front of the car, the rims, blew out the air in one of her tires I guess, some other things. It will cost $400 to fix and will take a few days to fix as they need to order some parts for the car. Eventually she will have to give up her license. She cannot see and she cannot judge distance well. It doesn't help how she has to raise the kids on her own with their mom being in drug rehab and my aunt and cousin (aunt's son/cousin's brother/little ones' uncle) refusing to help my grandmother at all with the children at all and preferring to do their own thing.

On good news, I like your Runimagi character MiraAutumn MiraAutumn . Look forward to seeing her.
I'm truly sorry to hear that! I hope your grandmother was not injured, and that everything looks up for her soon, her later life shouldn't be so burdened.

Thank you, I'm not sure if I want to introduce her straight away or not, I'll see how posting is this week and decide from there ^^

She and the kids are fine but she wants to kill herself and threatened to do so in order to get my aunt to bother coming. Not that she would but she is just tired of everything and nobody helping her out.

That’s neat to hear! I thought it might be useful for role playing.

Whenever you want to show the Runimagi is up to you. Oh! Payment for the manticore will be paid before leaves the tavern.

Last edited:
She and the kids are fine but she wants to kill herself and threatened to do so in order to get my aunt to bother coming. Not that she would but she is just tired of everything and nobody helping her out.

That’s neat to hear! I thought it might be useful for role playing.

Whenever you want to show the Runimagi is up to you. Oh! Payment for the manticore will be paid before leaves the tavern.
It is terrible to hear that she was driven to that extent ;-;

I think so too, though I usually don't care too much about exact word counts as long as the content is there ^^

May introduce her later on then ^^ That's good to hear, maybe our characters could buy a few supplies before the elven quest.

On a seperate note, I have a question about the Runimagi. When you say that they can be tattooed with animals to allow communication/shapeshifting and such, are you looking for exact animal species or just general groups? For example I put: a robin, whale, spider and snake for Luas tattoos, but should I be putting bird instead of robin? Or perhaps you want a more specific name like the European Robin? Otherwise I think it's a bit exploitable, since you'd be able to transform into ANY bird(e.g doves and hawks) or ANY spider(including the poisonous/lethal ones, big and tiny ones) or ANY fish etc. It's really up to you, just wanted some clarification ^^

Hmmm good question. One of Ihiko’s animals is specifically stated as a gyrfalcon in one of the chapters, I think it’s The Chase, which is a slow WIP on my part.

But you bring up an interesting point about being able to take liberties with the tattoos on Runimagi. I’ll need to correct that but I would say specify the type of creature you are turning into. Ex. Orca or European robin. MiraAutumn MiraAutumn

Now turning into any creature they see, that’s shifters. I have yet to decide if one will join the crew of the Ascension or even be working for Bahtiyar and his crew aboard...oh...actually that is a neat idea! Sorry, I get sidetracked when thinking of/talking about this series.

Fun fact: Werecats like catnip.

Would everyone prefer a hp (hosted project) for potentially more threads when waiting for your turn to post? MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Kipsy Kipsy ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Yomojo Yomojo DJ UwU DJ UwU

Note I have tried an hp before and everyone left. I want to make sure nobody does so if you would prefer a hp. It could help with keeping chapters organized but I would appreciate input of everyone.

It’s a private group where if you want to join, you have to apply and be accepted by the owner. It also allows for more threads to be made as well as categories. Though I just checked and seems they are not available to make, plus the rp needs to be active for at least 15 days I guess. I can make more threads and link them to the main thread.

Okay for my players, if you don't want to wait for your turn, there are two new threads for you all to participate in while waiting. There is no posting order for those. The second one has a semi-plot in mind/free form and the first one is a bit more freeform and will last as long as it takes the festival to complete (a week). These have no ties to Shards of Destiny itself, just side adventures. They are linked on the first post of the main page of Shards of Destiny.

Kipsy Kipsy MiraAutumn MiraAutumn DJ UwU DJ UwU ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi and Yomojo Yomojo already knows this as they began responding yesterday to Festival of Maglif.

I have a few questions for the role play.

I have two characters in mind.

For the first Id like to know if I am allowed to have them be affiliated or formerly affiliated with a sort of guild or gang.

For the second one I was wondering if it would be okay for me to coordinate characters with a friend of mine whom I think would like to join the RP as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back