• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Shapeshifter Pairings! (MxF, long term, active) [Open]

Rexx

Blue Skies
Background.jpg

Hi there! I have been craving some fantasy RP lately, and am looking for something long-term. Specifically - shapeshifter themed! That can be wolf, cat, bird, whatever!

Read further if you're:

1) Interested in a grand, episodic, high-fantasy adventure with a cutesy love story as its heart. What better thing is there though?
2) Willing to play either the human/humanoid or shapeshifter half of one of the below pairs (or suggest another!) in a medieval fantasy setting
3) Active, friendly, and willing to plot. Pairings are just the bare-bones of a world that has a lot of promise. A lot of promise that we should bring to it together! There's a lot of world building to do and as specific as the RP plot I'm looking for is, I look at roleplaying as being collaborative above all else. I want a partner who reads this and finds it as exciting and promising as I do, who wants to build something great together off this foundation.
4) Interested in something long term (should be obvious from the post title, but hey)

A little bit about me:
- I like to RP with partners who at 18+, since I am myself
- I love to chat OOC. If you want to add me on Discord to chat, plot, or anything else - I'm open to it and friendly!
- I prefer MxF plots, but can play either gender. No preference there
- My posts can go anywhere from 2-5 paragraphs. The shorter the reply, the more often I can reply back
- While I do not like traditional doubling and tend to focus on the two main characters I love having a diverse cast to add a lot of variety to the RP.

And a few possible pairings...

Mercenary/Knight x Shapeshifter
Young Dragon x Shapeshifter
Hunter x Shapeshifter
Rival Races
Rival Packs
Mage x Shapeshifter

I'm open to other pairings as well! Have an idea? Let me know!

There are a lot of directions to take this, but just for some examples…
  • Conflict with another of the races from their world (how do they feel about her traveling with a human? Being captured by a human?)
  • Random quests and side adventures! (Examples 100 Adventure Ideas (DnD Other) - D&D Wiki)
  • An eventual love story… punishable by death if shifter's people found out (probably any of them, not just their own race)
  • Characters from their pasts. Old pack, friends, parents, people that they used to know? Old contacts, rivalries, blood debts and sworn vengeance? Whatever!
Note: this is not about getting the two characters to fall for each other as quickly as possible. It should be happening organically. Shifter does not need to reveal their skin form to any non-shifter off the bat, they could be traveling for however long before it even happens

Last edited:
I’d absolutely love to do your love story idea because I’m a sucker, let’s do ittt.

I can't PM yet either so I totally understand the limitation! I'm definitely willing to discuss this more with you =]

I'd be happy to talk more! Shoot me a PM and we can continue discussing there.

Awesome, I should be able to message tomorrow so please save a spot for me! I will message ASAP or if you have discord we could discuss and plot it out there.

I’m so down for this if it’s still open! :D

Aww, this sounds super cool.

I'm still discussing it and I'm always open to talking with more people =] Even if the idea fills up I'd be happy to discuss other options with the world

I’m so down for this if it’s still open! :D

Shoot me a PM and we can talk more; like I mentioned above, even if this particular pairing/idea gets filled I'm open to other options within the same world!

yes yes yes!! I would love to be part
of this!

I'd be glad to talk more with you about potential here =] The specific plot in the post is full-up at the moment, but if you're interested in the world and the potential here I'd be happy to talk about other pairings and ideas. Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss!

Interested in "The Races" idea, if you're still looking for partners!

Hey there, I cleaned up my post a bit more to make it more obvious - but those races are all part of the world itself! The pairing section is what I'm looking for in an RP =]

Do you see any pairing there that you're interested in?

Still looking for more partners for this one? I'd definitely be interested in playing a shape shifter! (Or alternatively a mage if you wanna do the mage x shifter plot) (:

This looks incredibly fun and brimming with plot potential! The Hunter/Mercenary x Shapeshifter pairings intrigue me the most (but I'm very open to other pairings as well) - feel free to shoot me a PM if you're still looking for partners!

This looks incredibly fun and brimming with plot potential! The Hunter/Mercenary x Shapeshifter pairings intrigue me the most (but I'm very open to other pairings as well) - feel free to shoot me a PM if you're still looking for partners!

Sure! PM sent, we can discuss possibilities

Is this still open? I still want to do the Hunter x SS one

I'm still talking with potential partners, yup =] And this time I can actually send PMs, so PM sent. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back