• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Shapeshifter Group check

Wonder if 4th gens is when they start chimerazation, mixing various parts of animals for the most effective soilders
Example being a...lion shifter with the armored hide of a armadillo or something

That is a possibility that we could play with depending on how far along we get in this thread and how many people would be interested. In the beginning they would probably start with animals that are within the same family or have similar gene traits. That way they can begin to understand how the process works without having to worry so much about the project dying because of the conflict with the differet gene types.

I'm interested in it as long as it fits with the semi realism, practicality, of the gen progression. I see this chimera project starting and being tested out with Gen2 shifters before any other gen.

I want to clarify we will not be starting amidst a rebellion, though there is potential, it's as if life is the way it is. The first successful batch of predator shifters are being groomed for the highest bidders, trained like soldiers and the "perfect" shifter type thing. Maybe a couple have already been sold?

I would love to play a human who gets someone's character as their bodyguard, has a negative or skewed view of shifters but comes around as the roleplay progresses as to what everything really is.

Also I figured this would be helpful, this is a list of mammal carnivores
I saw reptiles were included in Gen2 but did that include alligators and crocodiles Pride? I also assume snakes were included in Gen2?

Last edited:
Yeah, I want you to feel comfortable to add on ideas and build the world further. I also think that is a genuinely interesting concept to play with at a future date. As Chimeric Chimeric said they would most likely start the testing on either Gen 1 or 2 shifters because their population is already established and they don't have to worry about them as much. Plus they know a lot more about the first two generations than they do about Gen3, who are like the babies of the shifter world at the moment.

Yes, there is a lot of potential for a rebellion and there will be some that some people who aren't happy with the creation of predator shifters because they may feel like that they can't be controlled. They are also be groomed to be soldiers and anything that is requested of the people who are willing to pay for them. There is the also the possibility that there are a couple predator shifters that have already been sold to see how they would function out in the really world.

As for having human characters like L.Amour mentioned. I am open to having human characters if people would like to make human characters, but they are not a requirement by any means. Human characters would also most likely be anyone working in the shifter industry or maybe part of a group that wants to help shifters. Just so random humans are wandering around, so yes you are more than welcome to make a human character who has purchased a predator shifter from the company.

Also some new info to add to the mix. This is about breeding shifters which I have mentioned briefly in previous posts, so here is some info on it two shifters that are opposite aanimals can breed together but there are some risks. If they are complete opposites, like you pair a cat and a bird, there will be a higher risk of the children being still born or born with birth defects. There is also a higher chance that the child won't be able to shift because of their parents conflicting genes. There is also the chance that they just can never have kids. Though they can have perfectly healthy kids despite being complete opposites. There is also the scenario where they are opposite but part of the same family, for example a owl and a hawk. They don't have the risk of infertility because they are part of the same family. They also don't have the same risks of birth defects or still birth. The child has a fifty for inheriting what they can shift into or they may just be born a "human", meaning they won't be able to shift but they carry both the owl and hawk shifting gene.

Continue to send any questions or suggestions you have I will take them all.

Yes a bull could be a gen2 shifter. Gen 2 shifters introduced shifters that could be used for work and I feel like they fit into the medium sized animal category as well.

That sounds like a plan to me, he doesn't have to guard a specific character he can guard an npc or something along the lines. But he can guard a character if you would prefer that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back