• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Shake Your Chains [Political Fantasy]

Cross posted in Fantasy

Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number—
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you—
Ye are many—they are few.

- The Mask of Anarchy (Percy Shelley)

Solus has never been a land of peace, but now, it has become a land of politics.

Creatures of every shape, size, and power imaginable populate this land, some civilised, some not. Those capable of allegiance exist within a divide of four courts: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. With Autumn near eliminated and Spring isolated to a western island, Winter and Summer are the sole remaining competitors for dominance of the mainland, held back by a treaty on the verge of breaking.

This is not a land of fairy-tales, though faeries haunt the forests of Lake Lapis, and tales leech dark and insidious across the land at the hands of rumours and spies. This is a land built on the back of conquering and colonisation, of dynasties prone to destruction. This is not a kind land, but it is your home.

For now.

14e983996c6623d18d1997e6e8e597b3.jpg

cc4ece19a3c8837b41b33ad5e58a18d4.jpg

f8688baff945da6ca2e5e6be5b51ab86.jpg

3eb4211f2900e1412ca9152e705fcd8b.jpg
N A V I G A T I O N

Expectations / Roles / Rules / Lore (UC) / OOC / Sign-Ups / Pre-Made Characters (Claimable)​

Potential General Paths Your Character Can Take:

• Navigating the politics, romance, and treachery of the nobility of the Courts​
  • Struggling to survive in a war-torn country​
  • Fighting to keep your culture and practices alive​
  • Attempting to unite the land and end the war​
  • Causing further turmoil and exploiting it for your own personal gain​
  • Rebellion. Because who doesn't love a good rebellion?​

What to Expect

• External Forces beyond your control​
  • Being made to make choices that affect not only your own fate, but the fates of other characters​
  • An ever growing threat that some will see, and some will not​
  • Prompts/Quests/Requests/Challenges from NPCs​
  • The Option to learn more about the world's lore, or to just charge on through to the action​

This roleplay is going to attempt to be played out a little like you're playing Skyrim / Dragon Age / Game of Thrones etc. but in text format. There is a whole world out there for you to explore, and to fill with your own ideas, creations, magic, cultures, and creatures. You can choose to interact solely with other characters, to explore the realm and see what dangers and excitements find you, or you can spend the whole time by yourself, creating your own corner of the universe. The experience is entirely personalised to your choices.

How will the Lore of the world work?

• There will be an infinite number of possible magic systems, with some already divised and 'researched' in world, or you can make up your own. Likewise, cultures, cities, religions, and politics exist pre-made for you, or you can create your own. There will be some that will have structures already set in place (the Summer and Winter courts, for example) but you can alter them over time, or build into them.​
  • So long as your post doesn't directly contradict someone else's and says 'no you're wrong', you can write whatever. Your characters opinions about what is and is not possible is an opinion; it is not necessarily fact.​
  • There will be a 'Lore' page for both the pre-determined lore, and later, lore created by the players.​
Roles:

Note that you are more than welcome to create characters beyond the roles listed below. These comprise the 'key positions' that only one person can fill, along with some other suggested roles.
When claimed, a role will have the corresponding username placed next to it. When full, a role will be struck through. If people drop out, their names will be removed and roles will open up again - it will be noted if the character has already been made and needs someone to play it instead of creating someone new.

GM - 1/3: A Awakening AKIRA (potentially looking for two more 'Moderators' to help with NPCs and World-Building)

Summer King:
Summer Queen Consort:
Summer Harem:
Summer Prince:
Bryce V of Romas - Played by Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Other Summer Royalty:
Summer Council:
Summer Courtiers:
Summer Soldiers:
Summer Citizens:

Winter Ruler:
Winter Ruler's Partner:
Winter Royalty:
Winter Council:
Winter Courtiers:
Winter Soldiers:
Winter Citizens:

Spring Governing Tribe:
Spring Traders:
Mainland Spring Folk:
Spring Tribesmen:

Midlands:
Port Neptus:
Mountain Dwellers:

Dragon's Rock Dwellers:
Mir ( LesDom LesDom )

R U L E S

1) No killing others' characters without their explicit permission. N.B. You may be contacted by the GM via PM regarding killing off your character.
2) You are always welcome to PM the GM ( A Awakening AKIRA ) with ideas/suggestions for plot development and world features.
3) Responses must be detailed. A minimum of two paragraphs per post.
4) There will be Four different IC roleplaying sections: Winter, Summer, Midlands, and Spring, which correspond to your character's location. Please roleplay in the appropriate location, and change section when you change location.
5) No cultural appropriation, i.e. please do not include words such as 'spirit animal, 'chakras', or utilise specific religious practices of closed religions / cultures. If you wish to do something similar to these, ensure you use different names and do not tie them in any way to any real life closed cultures/religions. Additionally, if anyone notices something that is/edges on CA, be it from someone else or from me (as an English flesh-being, I am likely to have plenty internalized unconscious tendencies towards it, so call me out if you see any of it), please PM me to let me know.
6) Hate speech between characters is permitted (and likely expected at times) but hate speech between and aimed at other players is not permitted.
7) Any issues, please contact your local GM.
8) If you plan to be absent for over a week, please notify the GM. After a week of inactivity and no notice, your character will be deemed inactive and your role and character will be offered up for someone else to play.
9) Any player may have up to three (3) characters. If you wish to extend this, please contact the GM.

Q U E S T I O N S

1) What role(s) most appeal to you?
2) Which routes are you most interested in taking (e.g. political, exploratory, troublemaker, pacifist, etc)
3) What would you like to see in the pre-determined world-building?
4) Do you have any other concerns or questions?​

I do like me a bit of the old nation building! And I've always got a bit of interest in lore making. What would the "Mountain Dwellers" be, may I ask?

I do like me a bit of the old nation building! And I've always got a bit of interest in lore making. What would the "Mountain Dwellers" be, may I ask?

This is probably less mechanics run than some nation building I've seen on here - the building will mainly be in the Lore creation, and the creation of inner cultures, cults/sects/tribes/etc - just as a heads up I've realised! Mountain Dwellers can be found in 3 locations typically - Nyx Mountains in the Winter Court (neighboring the Kor Barracks. Here is were most precious jewels and ore is found, home to Dwarves in particular)
The Libabrekk Mountain Range is less 'underground mining' more... I guess a good analogy would be Chinese paddy fields - there's more irrigation, and it provides some refuge from the Winter-Summer conflict.
Lastly, you have the Na'Juul mountains on the Spring Isle. These house unaffiliated tribes and nomads who have little contact with the outside world - for now.

Additionally, Dragon's Rock is basically one big shitstorm of barren mountainsides, so, if you want that #pure mountain aesthetic, that's a good choice.

This is probably less mechanics run than some nation building I've seen on here - the building will mainly be in the Lore creation, and the creation of inner cultures, cults/sects/tribes/etc - just as a heads up I've realised! Mountain Dwellers can be found in 3 locations typically - Nyx Mountains in the Winter Court (neighboring the Kor Barracks. Here is were most precious jewels and ore is found, home to Dwarves in particular)
The Libabrekk Mountain Range is less 'underground mining' more... I guess a good analogy would be Chinese paddy fields - there's more irrigation, and it provides some refuge from the Winter-Summer conflict.
Lastly, you have the Na'Juul mountains on the Spring Isle. These house unaffiliated tribes and nomads who have little contact with the outside world - for now.

Additionally, Dragon's Rock is basically one big shitstorm of barren mountainsides, so, if you want that #pure mountain aesthetic, that's a good choice.
Aight. Would Giants exist in any of these mountain ranges? I noticed that such creatures were not assosciated with any of the existing powers, and didn't seem to exist otherwise, so I figured that a group of Giants in the Nyx or Na'Juil mountains in particular would be interesting. Perhaps a group of Giants in the Nyx mountains who are disgruntled with their treatment by the Court? (As they are an isolated, rural folk with a flourishing local faith and have kept their own language alive). They, being so few in population, cannot share the community-based ideology of the court; as they place immense value on the lives of their own. Every death is an unspeakable tragedy for them, and the inability of the Court to see that is a cause of outrage for the Giants. They are fearful of magic since it is one of the few things capable of bringing them down and they themselves do not have it. Additionally, although they have a love of war, they are used as tools by the army in wars they don't often believe in, with Giants being used as battering rams almost, to take damage for more vulnerable, costly troops. Yet they also have an intense hate for the Summer lords, whose debaucherous lifestyle disgusts them. So, they would have a main goal of forging their own destiny, and dealing with agents of them winter court among them, and their own who are sympathizers to the winter court.

Or perhaps I'd be an orc clan in the Liba mountains, too stubborn to quit and waging geurilla warfare on all the world to avenge what the kingdom of Autumn had lost in the Winter-Summer war.

And I am not particularly interested in mechanics anyhow, So I am not going to mourn their lacking here. Over all, the general lore is quite interesting, and I am happy to read through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back