Shae Corra[Party 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

actualhermit

I know I'm posting this kind of late

Shae Corra - Human Hexblade Warlock

Shae’s parents were archaeologists, travelling the country in search of magic and artefacts. Shae never knew them, however, as they disappeared in the dungeons beneath Waterdeep when she was still quite young. Instead, she grew up with her aunt and uncle in Redwood, a tiny village on the Sword Coast. Her aunt, Elin, was a tinkerer who specialized in clocks and small automatons, though she also ran a repair shop for the village, mending anything that was brought to her. Her uncle, Connall, was a merchant who would travel between towns, trading the tinkered goods for other supplies for the village, and trading stories as well. The pair raised Shae as if she was her own daughter, and she took to life in the village quite well. She wasn’t the most outgoing child, and preferred to spend her days in Elin’s workshop to playing outside with the other children. She would watch Elin work for hours, asking endless questions about her materials, the nature of clockwork and springs, why things connected. Despite this, Shae did seem to have a way with people. She could keep Elin’s customers occupied for hours while they waited for repairs, and Connall claimed she could be a better salesman than he was if she put her mind to it. As Shae approached adulthood, Elin humored her curiosity and made her an apprentice tinkerer, teaching Shae everything she knew.
While she was happy as a tinkerer, a small part of her always wanted to know what happened to her parents. She wouldn’t dare act on her whims, but she would occasionally toy with the idea of leaving town and travelling to Waterdeep to search for answers. In the end, she didn't leave Redwood of her own free will. About a year ago, the village was attacked by a goblin raiding party. She managed to kill one of the goblins with her dagger, but as she ran to her home, she heard a voice. It praised her for skill, and claimed it saw great potential in her. Shae did her best to ignore the voice, until it offered her something she didn’t have the heart to refuse - a way to save her family. She accepted in a heartbeat, not thinking about the nature of the voice as long as she could get to her home in time. She didn’t even realize she could use magic until she was nearly at the door and blasted a goblin on reflex to defend her aunt. She didn’t have time to think, though, she just worked with her family to grab everything the could before they took their cart to flee the village. Though she could save her family, she couldn’t save Redwood. They were some of the few survivors of that night.
Shae and her family managed to make a new life for themselves on the Sword Coast, but the last night in Redwood still bothered her. What was that voice, and why did it have an interest in her? Was the village just unlucky, or were the goblins drawn to something? Was there really no way she could have saved the village? These questions and doubts plagued her for the next few months, and she eventually decided she needed answers. She said goodbye to her family, and set out to adventure.

Character Sheet:

Don't forget to roll your additional 1d10 starting gold in the #dice channel.

Please mark your hit die as 1d8.

Backstory:

I see nothing wrong with the backstory, however I suggest adding more variety to your words and sentence structure. Also formatting -- breaking up paragraphs better.

When you're ready for another lookover or have questions, feel free to tag me ( Abrahms Abrahms ) on the Discord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread