Shadows Over Hollow Shades

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight nodded, as every point she could have brought up, and some she hadn't thought of, were brought up. Instead, she just gave Greg a pitying glance, and went to sit besides Trixie.

"What do you think of Greg's chances?" she asked discreetly.

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix, having lived quite a long time, had a pretty good idea of most of the creatures that Equestria had to offer, including the more unsavory kinds. Though he didn't particularly know them all by name like Luna or others may, he still realized what they were. A night hag... he could take a good guess on what that was.

"Night hag? Are those the things that looked like a mentally handicapped troll inbred far too much, the child came out with some serious birth defects, and was beaten mercilessly?" That was the closest description he could give one. They were vile. "Because they make me look attractive."

Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Luna just rubbed at her eyes tiredly at everyone's comments and nodded her head. She addressed Avedon first. "... Fine, the dragon has swamp giants helping him. Is that better?" She rolled her eyes a bit, but smirked. "And a Night Hag, as Expellix said so eloquently, is a rather ugly and warped pony who has strong magical powers. They are better known as Witches, though a Night Hag is on the extremely powerful end of the Witch pecking order."

"What is most important, though, is that the Night Hags are most powerful when in a coven. That is a trio of Night Hags. I believe Kyrak has at least one coven working for him; possibly more." She said with a slight frown. That would be a difficult fight, but she trusted the adventurers to take care of it.

"As for what we know about Kyrak, I have met him on several occasions. He is an ancient black dragon, who has grown lazy and fat over the years. Do not mock his weight, or he will fly into a rage. Do not underestimate him. He maybe overweight, but he's a dragon. Furthermore, although by himself he would be an easy kill for you all, he will not be alone. Expect at least two of his elite Serpent Guards to be... guarding... him. Like a guard would."

She scratched at her head and shrugged, before turning to Arc. "... If I dealt with everything or sent out the army to do so, how would adventurers like yourself ever level up?" She said in a dead serious tone.

Cyan Hide Cyan Hide
Trixie took one look at Greg, who was now having his armor and weapons delivered by a speedy guard, and just shrugged her shoulders. "2% chance he makes it, 98% chance he becomes my next undead pet. I think his corpse would probably make a better party member than him, don't you?" She said with a grin, though there wasn't a hint of humor in her voice.

Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
With everything wrapped up here, Luna's horn began to glow and a portal appeared in the air in front of the group. On the other side was a forests edge, with a destroyed town in the distance. "This will take you to the edge of the forest beside Hollow Shades. Celestia-speed, my friends."

Leper didn't need to hear anything else, and stepped through the portal, uncaring of the words the others had been sharing. Once on the otherside, she'd sit in the dirt, and take her greatsword off her back, inspecting it, running her hoof over the flat side, nodding her head, before standing on her hind legs, leaning on the sword, "The hunt is on, I would say." She'd mumble to herself.

Arc held his hoof in the air to protest Luna's statement before pausing and slowly lowering it. "I mean... fair enough I guess. Best not to shatter suspension of disbelief." When she opened the portal, he levitated out a series of three daggers and double checked all of them quickly before nodding and sheathing the blades once more. He rapidly seemed to cast a spell, although it seemed to do nothing, and stepped through the portal. He seemed lost in thought shortly after stepping onto the dirt before pulling out a journal, this one apparently having seen better days than his previous, and scribbling into it.

"Well that and I imagine if he was able to lay waste to a village, a direct and obvious confrontation with him would be playing into his strengths. Doable, but with unnecessary casualties. Afterall, we don't need to deal with his entire horde. A few things that get in our way, but these things are bonded to the charisma and might of a kingpin. Without him, they have no reason to risk their lives any further or work together. More often they turn against one another to secure as much of the crumbling dominion or it's spoils as they can before retreating off. A much easier thing for the guards to deal with. We don't need to make an even large pile of ruins of Hollow Shades afterall....thank you for the information princess....I'ma call him a fatty. I don't know when, or how, but I'ma do it :I"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
A dragon that was sensitive about their weight? Wow, that was one trait he did not expect. He's seen ponies who got uppity about it, but dragons always seemed... above such frivolities. Luna has just proved him wrong.

"... Maybe we should get Kyrak into the Weight Watchers Club. Might stop him from going and destroying villages like Hollow Shades." Expellix snickered. He turned to Trixie, ears twitching slightly. "Also, you still perform necromancy? I used it and it turned my fur gray—how the heck did you keep your complexion intact?"

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

"That's a bit harsh, but it could hardly be much worse," Starlight answered, before she stepped through the portal.

"I don't think we should provoke the dragon until we're sure making him angry will be to our benefit," she replied to Ave and Exellix.

Assailant Assailant Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
As the party stepped through the portal and arrived in the forest beside Hollow Shades, they would notice something immediately wrong.

Their was a tyrannosaurus rex beside them. And to the other side was a triceratops, which had been mid-charge before the party had suddenly popped into the middle of the showdown. It looks like their first fight would not be with goblins or trolls, but rather with dinosaurs!
main-qimg-0abf1d09df9669972bfc3a630c109f0f.jpg
The triceratops was to close to slow down, so instead it barreled over the group without a care in the world! The massive 8 ton creature bared down on Leper as she was the closest one, and gored her with its horns, attempting to knock her off balance! If she falls, the triceratops will then attempt to stomp on her! Either way it hurt.

• Gore Hit: 19
    Gore Damage: 32

Make a DC 13 strength save or be knocked prone. If knocked prone suffer the Stomp Attach.

Stomp Hit: 20
    Stomp Damage: 20

The tyrannosaurus rex looked around for a moment, wondering what to do. The triceratops was going to be its meal, but they were a tough fight. A pony looked much easier, though not as filling... worth it, though!

Luckily for the ponies in the group, the T.Rex was an idiot and went for the rabbit... for some reason.

Expellix would find the huge monster bearing down on him and attempting to swallow him whole! The T.Rex landed its attack perfectly, but that lucky rabbit would find himself stuck in between its teeth! Unfortunately that also meant he couldn't do anything but try and get out.

While the T.Rex was busy eating Expellix, its massive tail swung wildly... and aimed straight at Avedon! It knocked him senseless.

• Bite Hit: 24
    Bite Damage: 39

Expellix is unable to act until he makes a DC 13 dexterity check to free himself. He frees himself at the end of his turn, meaning he misses his attack action.

Greg saw his friends in trouble and ran to help, pulling out his blade and bearing down on the tyrannosaurus rex with all his anger!

It stepped on him. Bye Greg. Nobody liked you anyway.

Trixie was a bit more useful than him, and gathered up all of her power to unleash a devastating barrage of arcane might! Her horn began to glow brightly, and several missiles of arcane magic erupted from her horn to strike the tyrannosaurus rex who had dared to hurt Avedon!

Only she was allowed to hurt Avedon!

While her attack had been powering up, she reached into her bloodline powers and pulled from them; allowing her to replicate the spell; the second of which she sent at the tricerators attacking Leper. The triceratops roared in pain as pieces of its crest were blown apart. Unfortunately her first spell failed to hit the T.Rex, but did manage to get its attention and it launched a tail whip at Trixie.

Trixie was knocked back several feet but got up again, ready to fight!

• HP: 106/130
    AC: 15
    Spell Points: 2/6 (+1 every 2 rounds)
    Sorcery Points: 10/14

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Man, he had only just stepped out of the portal when he turned around and... a fucking dinosaur. Of course there was a fucking dinosaur. He didn't even react immediately, instead looked towards the portal and straight at Luna.

And gave her the middle finger before being snatched up.

It wasn't until after that he actually screamed. "LUUUUUUUNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA!!" luckily enough for him, he was stick between the beasts teeth, and that provided a means of escaping... it still hurt like a bitch though. That mother fucker chomped down on him still.

Expellix Dexterity SaveRoll: 23 (18+5)

Wiggling and scrambling, Expellix managed to catch his claws on their teeth and push out from the T.rex's mouth and drop back to the ground, rolling on impact back onto his feet. "I'm never stepping through another one of Luna's portals again!" He cursed, summoning his axes.

• HP: 118/157
    AC: 17

Leper had been a little shocked when suddenly faced with dinosaurs, and rose her greatsword, looking around, only to notice the massive beast charging her. She'd risen her sword in a attempt to block or parry the attack, but she caught the horn right in her gut, making her scream out, writhing in pain from it.

When she was toss away, she'd land roughly, pushing herself up, only to get knocked over roughly by the thing. She'd stare in horror at it as it reared up, before suddenly bringing it's feet down at her.

Str Check: Crit Failure

She'd scream out, feeling her chest struggle horribly against the insane power, and she felt things crack, making her yell out. She'd tried to shove herself to the side, but wasn't able to push herself far enough, and got hit anyway.
-
Leper
HP: 92/144
AC: 16

Last edited:
Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight rushed to Trixie's, and fired off an Arcane Blast straight at the T-Rex in rage. With that out of her system, she stood in front of Trixie, and glared at the T-Rex. "Are you alright?" she called out over her shoulder to her marefriend.

Arcane Blast - To Hit: 19
Damage: 26

Hit Points = 174
AC =13

Last edited:
Avedon was a strong pony but he was still a tiny, adorable, pastel colored animal and was sent flying by the much larger creature, tail slamming into his side and sending him crashing through a tree and out into the wilds around them. There was silence from the underbrush as his allies beat him into battle.. Blood in his mouth and bones straining to their limit just short of snapping like twigs. It was a hell of a way to be greeted after a teleport. No breath was left in his lungs to let a scream escape his lips....but the pure rage and hatred burning alongside the agony in his chest let his fury pour from his eyes as he flapped his wings, and like a crimson bolt shot out from the treeline at the dinosaur, blade digging into the tail and coursing along it's body as he launched blow after blow at the T-Rex

Attack 1: 16 (2+14)
Damage: 13

Attack 2 : 27 (13+14)
Damage: 17

Attack 3: 19 (5+14)
Damage: 22

Action:
TO VENGEANCE: All allies gain an additional attack next turn, CD:4

"What are you all waiting for?! They're massive and slow! Get in close and stick to behind their ankles! Puncture their arteries and their size will matter for NOTHING"

Natural Attack:
Bite: 21 (9+12)
Damage: 14 + Life-Steal

Passives:
Get Down: On Eppelix, -9 damage form last attack

Auras:
+1 for all allies to hit
-3 on all enemy Ability checks

Hit Points: 133 / 174
AC=20

Last edited:
Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Leper would find that the triceratops was no longer crushing her under its foot, instead reeling in pain from the chunks that Trixie had blown off its head. Unfortunately that also meant that the creature was thrown into a rage from the pain, and lowered its head towards Trixie... before charging!

Trixie found herself facing down a giant charging lizard, and didn't really know how to react. All of her battle instincts fled her in that moment and she went stock still as the thing slammed into her, knocking her to the ground in a daze. She tried to stand up, only to have the thing step on her! She felt several ribs break and cried out, but was able to do a small teleport back to her hooves.

Her only response to that attack was a small burst of arcane magic at the creature, which blew off yet more pieces of its crest and made it stumble. And then she heard Avedon's pep-talk, and gathered as much magic as she could from the environment into her horn before unleashing it at the triceratops once again!

The triceratops collapsed with most of its brain having been destroyed, a giant hole in its skull behind the crest.

• Gore Hit: 15
    Gore Damage: 25

Stomp Hit: Crit
    Stomp Damage: 41

With the combined assault of Avedon and Starlight, the T-Rex was starting to doubt its decision to try for a pony meal. However, the giant lizard was also to stupid to simply retreat. Rather than leave with its life, it decided to try and eat Avedon, who was proving to be the most problematic of the bunch! At the very least, if it managed to bite him, it would take him out of the fight for a while.

• Bite Hit: 24
    Bite Damage: 27

Avedon is unable to act until he makes a DC 13 dexterity check to free himself. He frees himself at the end of his turn, meaning he misses his next round of actions.

With Avedon currently preoccupied with being eaten, the giant lizard turned its attention on the only other one who had actually hurt it; Starlight.

A massive tail came whipping around and collided with Starlight's body, sending her several feet backwards!

• Tail Hit: 20
    Tail Damage: 24

• HP: 40/130
    Spell Points: 2/6 (+1 every 2 rounds)

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

The beast's jaws crushed down around Avedon as he brought his sword up against the inside of it's mouth, he wan't quick enough to stab it through the base of his skull but he still kept the creatures's fangs from impaling him as it tossed him further back into it's maw. He could deal with being smacked through trees, he could deal with being covered in dinosaur blood, but the rancid reek of that mouth and the slobber that fell over his cloak was unacceptable. He backed a leg and kicked one of the T-Rex's fangs clean out of it's mouth. He flapped his wings and sent himself hurtling through the opening he created to land back onto the field of battle.

"If any of my outfit was ruined I am going to skin you and make a new one out of your hide beast!"

Roll: 23

HP: 117
AC: 22
SP: 6

Last edited:
Leper slowly got to her hooves, growling deeply to herself, looking around, before spotted the T-Rex, and growled, rushing forward on her hooves, the sword balanced on her back. She'd keep charging, before shakily getting to her hind legs, running on them, carrying her sword in her forehooves... She'd probably make a better Unicorn than an Earth Pony, but alas.

She'd close the distance quickly, swinging out with all her might.

Action used: All or Nothing
Hit: 23 (16 + 13 - 5)
Damage: 30 (6,2 +7 + 15

She'd stagger away, jabbing the sword into the ground, looking at the nasty cleave she'd left in it's hide, before grunting, growling at the damned thing.

---

Leper
HP: 86/140
AC: 16

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver

Starlight could only watch in horror as Trixie was stamped on, though she quickly avenged herself by killing the Triceratops. This did not calm Starlight's boiling blood, however, and her horn began to crackle red as she fired off a spell at the T-Rex, before screaming and firing an Arcane Barrage on top of that, not stopping until the T-Rex's charred corpse didn't even twitch anymore. Panting, but with her vengeful rage subsiding, she rushed to Trixie's side and helped her marefriend to her feet, before gently trying to hug her.

"Trixie! Oh, Trixie! Are you okay?!"

Arcane Blast - To Hit: 18
Damage (3D12+6): 28

TO VENGEANCE - Arcane Barrage - To Hit: 19
Damage (15D8): 62

Hit Points = 150/174
AC =13
Spell Points=6/7
Arcane Recovery: 3/4

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
Expellix... didn't even bother trying to fight the remaining dinosaur, because they had killed it before he really even had to do anything about it. Instead, he just wiped off some remaining saliva from the T-rex's jaws and went over to Trixie, light magic glowing from his paws, but shadows in his eyes. It was an odd sight.

"Hold still, Trixie. You know the drill." He said, hopping over and crouching down lightly, putting her paw to her body and just letting the magic flow from him to her.

Expellix used Cure Wounds on TrixieRoll: 4d8+17 — 40 (3, 8, 8, 4, +17)

After that, he just kept crouching and put his hand to the sapphire choker he had around his neck, letting the light magic flood it, storing magic in there for later use. (Cure Wounds x 2 stored in Expellix's Sapphire Pendant.)

HP: 118/157
SP: 4/7

Avedon Avedon Cyan Hide Cyan Hide GeneralTyrus GeneralTyrus Dumbledoof Dumbledoof
Yeah, Trixie wasn't doing so great. It looked like a good few ribs had been broken... and she was lucky that was all, considering a triceratops stepped on her. Trixie reached out to pat Starlight gently on the shoulder with her magic leg and smiled, before promptly coughing blood all over Starlight's coat! Nice.

As Expellix's healing magic washed over her, Trixie gave him a smile and nodded her head. "Th-Thanks, Expellix. That almost makes me want to forgive you for not visiting me in the hospital. Almost." She said, though a wink at him would let him know she was kidding.

With the last of her magic, Trixie called upon her healing powers to replenish the group, and sent a large amount of that healing towards Leper, who seemed to be the most damaged. Trixie could be a dick, yeah, but she didn't want Leper to actually be in pain.

All characters regain: 22 HP
Leper regains an extra: 32

With that being done, Trixie sighed and shook her head. "... Do we wish to take a rest, or continue on to the village?" she asked while looking at everyone. If they rested, they would heal up a little and regain their magic. But they could also be attacked by forest creatures.

------
Trixie Stats
HP: 102/130
Spell Points: 0/6

Leper would slump to the ground, huffing a bit, before nodding her head in thanks to Trixie, wishing she could smile. She'd lay there for a moment, before looking at the dinosaur corpses, "I... Wish we could have gotten warning..." She'd say, grumbling as she slowly sat up, looking around. She had a potion in her saddle bag, but it was pretty much for emergencies only...

"Should... I think... I think it would be best... if we take a for hours of rest." She'd say quietly, nodding her head.

--
Leper
HP: 112

"Oh I'm sorry Trixie, we've been out here for I don't know....five minutes? We literally just stepped out of the portal. If you're already tired why don't we scrape the Greg out from under the giant dead dinosaur who's rotting carcass should draw just about every scavenger and beast for miles and move on before they get here? You can ride his corpse so you don't have to complain about the walk.", he said, scraping some of the T-Rex gunk off his coat with a grimace

He sighed and swallowed down some of the frustration

"If we need to rest there's no point in doing it here. There's a town waiting for us with far more suitable walls. Any aches and wounds are just all the more reason to reach there than wait here to be ambushed yet again. If we strike them then we set the time, style, and place of the engagement. Better than the alternative..."

HP: 130
AC: 24 + Displacement

After storing some healing magic in his necklace for later use, Expellix sat back and just let them do the planning instead. He wasn't particularly all about getting into a big group discussion on what to do at the moment. Sure, he knew what to do for himself but he didn't really have any recommendations for the others. The rabbit could sleep rest practically anywhere without very much repercussion unless he just chose a really bad spot.

"I'll keep going as long as the rest of you can." Expellix offered up, sitting on his haunches, arms crossed. "The fight barely hurt me as it was. I can go on ahead and try to find any camping spots for us if you all would like?"

Avedon Avedon
Besides that, he hopped over and pat Avedon's leg. "Keep it cool, Avedon. Remember that not everybody is used to fighting."

Expellix's StatsHP: 140/157
SP: 4/7

Dreamweaver Dreamweaver Avedon Avedon

Starlight glared daggers at Avedon has he walked away, before looking back to Trixie. "Oh my Celestia, You look tired. Avedon's right, though. This is a very bad place to sleep. There might be some habitable cottages in the ruins of Hollow Shades, where we'll be safer and more sheltered than a dark, exposed forest at night, full of Timber Wolves who will no doubt be attracted by the all you can eat buffet of two dead dinosaurs and a group of sleeping ponies. Let's just get there, and if we run into anything between now and there, stay with me. I won't let you get hurt."

Starlight gave Trixie a little kiss on the cheek and a reassuring smile.

Hit Points = 172/174
AC =13
Spell Points=6/7
Arcane Recovery: 3/4

Trixie didn't know why Avedon was being such an insufferable douche, but she wasn't exactly one to sit around and take it. It's not as if Trixie was even saying she needed to rest, she was just checking to see if anyone in the group did. She didn't even glare daggers at him or appear mad, instead taking her usual stone cold expression that she usually had when dealing with necromancy.

"As tempting a servant as Greg is, I'm saving my necromantic energies for when the dragon inevitably rips you in two. I figure I'll stitch the pieces together and make you my servant. Maybe take that useless brain of yours out of its shell and replace it with somepony who has manners."

Trixie just shook her head and gave Starlight a kiss back.

As the group approached Hollow Shades, the trees provided some cover. They didn't even need to be too stealthy, since most of the monsters here were oblivious and either sleeping, eating, drinking or fighting. However, the tree line stops about 10 feet from the actual town.

In front of them were 2 goblins, leaning against a house. There was a window on the house. "We could possibly kill those goblins without alerting the others, and slip through the window. That house might make a good base..." Trixie said quietly, though it would have to be an organized assault... from the melee fighters. If Starlight or Trixie let off a spell, the whole town would know.

If only they had a bat pony rogue, like the one Trixie had teleported away!

Of course, Trixie did have a good point about making a base. This would not be an hour-long fight. This entire town was infested and needed clearing. Then they could worry about the dragon after.

Dumbledoof Dumbledoof Dreamweaver Dreamweaver
"You're right Epellix, but given our target is a dragon, things will get worse FAR before they get better."

Avedon went alongside the group, looking at their options.
"We don't know how many might be inside the house either...I can create some darkness to help us sneak up or at least surprise them..."

HP: 130
AC: 24 + Displacement

Users who are viewing this thread